Southern Glam Weddings & Events

PO Box 176, Riverview, FL 33568 Map · Phone number

About Southern Glam Weddings & Events

Southern Glam Weddings & Events is a boutique wedding event planning company that toasts weddings, celebrates soirees, and designs details. Meagan Phillips is a wedding planner, designer, and founder of Southern Glam. Based in Tampa, Florida, Meagan and her team plan a limited number of once-in-a-lifetime weddings and events each year.

From mason jars to martini glasses, Meagan loves the details that go into planning a wedding or event. This Georgia-born lady holds on to her Southern roots by way of her hospitality and manners, but she also loves luxury, glamour and just about anything that sparkles in the light. Meagan earned a Bachelor degree in Marketing from the University of South Florida and holds a Meeting & Event Planning certificate from USF as well. She was trained by the Association of Bridal Consultants, earned ABC's Accredited Wedding Planner designation, and is "distinguished" graduate of ABC's Professional Development Program. She's also a Certified Sandals Specialist who loves the Caribbean sunshine and planning honeymoons in paradise. With over eight years in the industry, Meagan's passion and experience shines through each of her uniquely designed and flawlessly coordinated events.

*Member of the Association of Bridal Consultants

Garden of Great Oaks in Roswell, GA
Photo Courtesy of Sean Suddes Photography Garden of Great Oaks in Roswell, GA
Photo courtesy of  Amanda Sumner Photography

Flora Wylie Park in St. Petersburg, FL
Photo courtesy of Richard Harrell Photography Flora Wylie Park in St. Petersburg, FL

Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota, FL
Photo courtesy of Richard Harrell Photography Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota, FL

Photo courtesy of Jeff Mason Photography
Photo courtesy of Jeff Mason Photography

Photo courtesy of Mac + Cheese Photography
Victoria Belle Mansion in Hogansville, GA
Photo courtesy of Mac + Cheese Photography Victoria Belle Mansion in Hogansville, GA
Photo courtesy of Mac + Cheese Photography
Victoria Belle Mansion in Hogansville, GA
Photo courtesy of Craig Obrist Photography

The Foundry at Puritan Mill in Atlanta, GA
Photo courtesy of Craig Obrist Photography The Foundry at Puritan Mill in Atlanta, GA
Photo courtesy of Craig Obrist Photography

10 Reviews for Southern Glam Weddings & Events

1 User photo

Southern Glam Weddings & Events 1

Annie · Married on 05/06/2018

From a very detailed-oriented OCD bride:
    When we got engaged, I felt confident enough to DIY most of our wedding. Shortly into the planning process, I realized we would definitely need help with "setting up decor" at a minimum - I would later find out that month-of coordination requires MUCH more work and attention than just setting up decor. I'm very picky about who I trust to handle even the smallest tasks, so I researched wedding coordinator's for over a month. After meeting a couple different people, and price-shopping, I knew with absolute certainty that Meagan was the only person I could trust for the job. I mean it - she is THE BEST wedding planner out there. She was made for it. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, she would remind me of the couple things I almost forgot - and we would get it done together. She does everything with grace, making the entire process seem effortless. She reviewed every contract with a fine-toothed comb, and found discrepancies that saved our wedding day! Other vendors were complimenting me on how great she was to work with, and reinforced what I already knew. She was timely with her communication, and very thorough. She didn't miss a beat.
    Here's an example of how awesome she is-- she had 2 hours to set up our entire wedding, and still be present for our ceremony, and she still noticed a little wrinkle in our sweetheart table linen and took the time to steam it with a portable steamer she brought! She is every bride's dream.
    To think we almost did this wedding without her is unthinkable. Don't be deterred by the cost of her services, as she is worth even more!

sarah · Married on 03/10/2018

We used Meagan as our Sandals Specialist for our honeymoon, and thank goodness we did! We were referred to Meagan by a friend and when my husband and I reached out we heard back from Meagan within an hour (which in wedding industry standards is unheard of). She was prompt with responding every time we spoke and was always so positive and professional. After working with her as our Sandal's specialist, I wished I had flown her into my Savannah wedding to be my coordinator. She handles everything with ease and provides brides [and grooms] comfort that everything is under control.

Sandals has a lot of really cool options but everything came with a price. Meagan was able to help us get the best bang for our buck and narrow down our search based on our honeymoon preferences. We picked Jamaica - Ochi resort and had a beach front room on the club level. This was at the recommendation of Meagan and it was the most PERFECT week of our lives. It was her advice to do club level because it included room service; my husband and I decided we thought breakfast on the balcony of our room, while looking over the beautiful blue water, was hands down the coolest part of our trip and without Meagan's advice to do the club level we would have missed the chance.

Not only did she making signing-up with Sandals a breeze, she was there every step along the way. We received updates about current events at our destination, reminders for early check-ins, many helpful tips leading up to our trip, and just the overall peace of mind that we had everything under control with Meagan. I am telling anyone and everyone I know that they MUST use Meagan to book their honeymoon.

Southern Glam Weddings & Events 2

Nicholle · Married on 10/07/2017

Southern Glam Weddings & Events made our wedding the perfect day and is one of the best decisions and investments we made throughout our entire wedding planning process!! We are so pleased and thankful we made the decision to hire Meagan as our day of coordinator, although she provided services months leading up to the wedding just to make sure every single detail and item on our wish list was met with perfection! Meagan has a true passion for weddings and all things romance which truly shows in her love for her work. Her eye for detail, creativity and knowledge were such a blessing. We knew after our first conversation that Meagan was the right person for us! She made sure that our ideas and vision were executed just as intended, and took on the ownership of coordinating with all vendors, attending meetings with our DJ to create one vision and itemized timeline, and establishing a solid scheduling plan to accomodate our tight timeline designated for wedding day setup and breakdown and all things in between (as we wanted a few nontraditional wedding day items added to the itinerary). Looking back, I didn't have to answer a single vendor question the day of our wedding, and was so thankful to sit back, relax stress free and soak in every minute of being a bride!! Not only did Meagan make sure we stayed according to schedule (which is such an accomplishment considering our bridal party of 16, one of which included our fur baby), she made sure the wedding preparation and day of coordation was executed flawlessly and all of my wedding day dreams came true! Overall, Meagan is organized, responsive, flexible, and extremely knowledgeable in all things wedding and even honeymoon planning (as she helped us plan ours!). My husband and I couldn't be more happy and incredibly thankful that we decided to go with Southern Glam Weddings and Events! Highly recommended!!

Southern Glam Weddings & Events FAQ