2107 E Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53211 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Sound By Design

With over 20 years of experience, Sound By Design is known for helping throw a huge party. By taking a modern approach to entertainment, we can keep the dance floor packed all night. SBD can also make planning easy by offering multiple services.

Entertain your guests with the amazing music from our DJs. Create a unique atmosphere with our full production lighting team. Grab a photo in the modern open-concept photo booth. And finally, capture it all with the help from our incredible videography team to relive your day over and over again.

When selecting a DJ company what you’re investing in is the DJ behind it all. We have an amazing staff that is very passionate about what they do. Many of our guys have been with Sound By Design for years. With that experience we are able to personalize the entire event so that it is exactly what you are looking for.

We'd love to hear more about your big day!

Follow Sound By Design on

Sound By Design 1
Sound By Design 2
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 12/29/2018

No less than 10 people on the dance floor at a single moment!

We have nothing negative to say about Sound By Design. They were spectacular in every way! Our DJ was Ray and if we could give him more than 5 stars, we would! He was incredibly professional, responsive, and organized. He took what we wanted and made it into something that was even more perfect than we could have imagined. At no point were there less than 10 people on the dance floor during the reception. He played all of our "musts" while also reading the crowd very well and choosing the music to fit the vibe. He consistently checked in with us throughout the night, but it was brief and straightforward so we could keep him updated, but not waste too much time fussing over things that would get in the way of enjoying our wedding. We ended our wedding on Piano Man by Billy Joel. We kid you not, it was THE MOST perfect way to end our reception. It felt like a dream. Thanks, Ray!

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2018

Danced all night long

My husband and I recently got married in November, 2018 in the northwest Chicago suburbs. When searching for our wedding vendors, my coworker suggested Sound By Design. When I looked them up, I saw nothing but positive reviews and a company that looked both professional and fun! We spoke to Tori on the phone and without hesitation, we booked SBD. From that point on, I would hear nothing but positive remarks from people who have used or knew of Sound by Design! I felt even more reassured that we chose the right vendor. Since we live in Chicago, we weren't able to go to WI often to meet with them. But I did have the chance to sit down with Dylan and I was SO surprised and happy to have met him. I felt even more excited about our upcoming wedding. Once we received our DJ assignment in Trent, we were able to talk to him further about the details and music selections for our big day. Wowwww I can go on and on about what a PERFECT night we had!!! I was somewhat particular about the different styles of music I wanted played between the cocktail hour, dinner, and reception dancing. Trent was very understanding and flexible to review my Spotify playlists. He NAILED it!!! The music was absolutely phenomenal and really set the tone throughout the night. I was so so so unbelievably happy with everything. On top of that, Trent was nothing but excited, positive, and professional throughout the night both as an MC and DJ. He would subtly and very nicely give people a heads up on their speeches (father of the bride, MOH, best man, etc.) and it really made the night run smoothly which is much appreciated. The dancing portion of the night was INSANE. People never left the dance floor!! This was a huge priority of ours for our wedding and it truly exceeded our expectations. My husband and I dominated the dance floor too and we couldn't have been happier. I know it can be hard to pick wedding vendors but this is one decision you shouldn't hesitate to make. Thank you SBD for pulling off our wedding dreams!!! We had the best night of our lives!

Sound By Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding videography services? $ 3,995.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Raw Footage
  • What primary style do you identify with? Short Form, Storytelling
  • Which wedding events to you service? Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception
  • What videography services do you offer? Drone Footage, Full Feature Video, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Liability Insurance, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Raw Footage
  • What final video formats do you offer? Digital Download, USB Flash Drive
  • What lighting services do you provide? Accent, Dance Floor Lighting, Monograms, Outdoor, Pinspotting, String, Uplighting, Wall Wash
  • What decor services do you provide? Setup
  • What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,295.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,795.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 40.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, MC
  • Which of the following event rental services to you provide? Setup
  • What event items are available? Lights, Photo booth
  • Which of the following does your starting price include? Backdrop(s), Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props, Social Media Integration
  • What photo booth items are available? Backdrop(s), Enclosed Booth, Prints, Props, Social Media Integration

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sound By Design 1
    DJ Client Videography Discount

Book as a DJ client and recieve $500 off videography

• Nakasato Photography
    Nakasato Photography Wedding Photographers

We have worked with Sound by Design at many of our weddings and their DJ's are always professional and do a great job! They all are friendly and you can tell really enjoy their job!!!! We would hands down always recommend them for a great professional DJ team that will do an amazing job!!!!!

• Jaxie
    Jaxie Wedding Dresses

I have no idea where to even begin with Sound By Design. Simply put... they are the BEST in the business. From their ability to keep the party going ALL night long to the details they put into making each and every wedding a success are unmatched. We recently used SBD for my sister's wedding and they totally transformed Turner Hall into a wedding right out of a magazine. The color wash and uplighting in the room was so beyond magical. The photo booth was a hit and they just launched a SBD Films division which we also used and were blown away. Don't think twice... book them before your date is gone!

• 2107 E Capitol Drive Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WI 53211 See on map