By appointment only, San Diego, CA 92109 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 37

About SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events

SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events is a unique wedding DJ company located in San Diego, California. Standing out from your typical cheesy wedding DJ, Drew offers a one-of-the-kind experience by swapping pre-made mixes for vinyl records. He will create the perfect atmosphere for your special day.

SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events believes that music has the power to bring people together and that is exactly what he aims to do for your wedding day. His most popular DJ package includes a consultation, an MC and microphones. From electronic to indie and top 40, they offer an array of music genres to fit your music tastes. Let SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events take care of music for your cocktail hour, ceremony or reception. Booking only one event per day, they make sure the focus is on you and creating an unforgettable night. Other services available include:

• Liability insurance

Crowd
Crowd
Having fun
Having fun
A crappy cell phone picture from behind my turntables!
A crappy cell phone picture from behind my turntables!
Shawn and Todd, two incredible people!
Shawn and Todd, two incredible people!
A beautiful slow dance! (I'm in the upper left background)
A beautiful slow dance! (I'm in the upper left background)
This group really got down on the dance floor! Blending motown, soul, and a bunch of modern dance...
After you lift the elegance and formalities—these guests really let loose!
After you lift the elegance and formalities—these guests really let loose!
Wedding guests
It's uncommon for me to have more than one or two slow dances the entire night, but the guests loved...
Couple dancing
Couple dancing
Awesome photo from Diego & Ausbaldo's wedding!
Diego & Ausbaldo are two incredibly cool people. So humble and fun to know! :)
Diego & Ausbaldo are two incredibly cool people. So humble and fun to know! :)
Awesome idea—personalized mason jar favors!
Awesome idea—personalized mason jar favors!
Awesome photo from Diego & Ausbaldo's wedding!
A beautiful solo dance together as a new couple!
A beautiful solo dance together as a new couple!
20160108dhrumildesaisongstruckdj0383 3mini copy

Photos 36 Photos
Videos 1 Video

58 Reviews for SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events

Richard Soublet · Married on 01/17/2020

Dance party

There are a million and one things I could say about how glad I was to have Drew as the DJ for our wedding. Drew is such a kind, genuine, approachable human, and these are qualities that make for the kind of person you want at your wedding in any capacity. Where he really shines as a DJ is his ability to interact with your guests (even manage the pricklier ones) and his keen sense of the flow of the party.

Drew made it easy for us to plan out all the musical details of our ceremony and reception, and he understood exactly what we were going for with the timing of events and emotional beats of the overall day.

Drew's music repertoire is unmatched. You could often look around the party and see people nodding in approval as a new song started and a lot of quizzical knowing looks as a more unexpected/good song came on. We're more than a week past the actual day and people are STILL talking about how they loved *all* of his song choices.

If you want your event to rock, swing, sway, mosh, WHATEVER it is that you want, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't hire Drew!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Molly B · Married on 07/12/2019

Drew is the goat

We have all been to weddings where the DJ and the music were kinda cringe. Like does anyone really need to hear "We Are Family" or "The Electric Slide" for the billionth time? NAH. So if you're looking to avoid the super cliche musical moments and have your guests say that your wedding had "THE BEST MUSIC EVER!!!' you gotta book Drew! From our very first phone call, I knew that Drew was our guy. He was super excited to get to know us and didn't spend the entire call boasting about himself or just wanting to know the logistics of our big day. He also might have been more excited for our wedding than WE were at the time, and trust me, you are gonna want that energy around you while you're spending months and months planning this one day. Once we booked Drew, he sent us an invitation to use this really cool app that let us put in ALL of the songs we wanted played at our wedding into nice and organized categories. This was super helpful and was such an easy way to make sure that all of our favorite jams made the cut! Now as far as the big day goes, let me tell you, he was worth every penny. We gave him very specific instructions about songs we wanted played at certain times and admittedly, I was super worried that it might have been an overwhelming task for him to keep it all straight...but he CRUSHED it!! The coolest thing about Drew though was his ability to read our guests and the vibe and adjust his music to fit the mood. I mean, I never would have remembered to put Chaka Khan "Ain't Nobody" or Harry Belafonte's "Day-O" on our list and the moment I heard them, I about died of glee and so did our guests! I cannot tell you the amount of texts, calls and emails we got after our wedding from our guests saying it was truly the best wedding they had ever attended and honestly, Drew was such an important part of that. When I was planning my dream wedding in my head, the music was always such a vital and vibrant part of that fantasy....and somehow Drew gave us an experience better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you Drew for everything and BOOK THIS MAN ALREADY! Alright!? Cool.

Sent on 02/14/2020

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2018

Drew was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding ceremony and reception on 9/23/18. We found him online and after reading his bio we were pretty sure this guy was legit. After a long video chat with Drew about music, our vision for our wedding day, etc., we knew it had to be him. We booked him immediately for our ceremony and reception and he did not disappoint! He was very organized, communicative, and professional. I am a bit of a type-A person and he made me feel completely at ease throughout the entire process. The music for the ceremony was on point--everything was seamless. He also DJ'd our cocktail hour and reception and did a great job mixing our music tastes with high-energy dance-floor jams across several genres, and included many very welcome surprises. One of my favorite memories of our wedding will always be yell-singing and dancing to My Own Worst Enemy by Lit with my husband and all of my best friends lol. Thank you, Drew! You made our wedding personal and super special. Brides & Grooms, look no further! Drew is the best!

Sent on 10/03/2018

SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1750.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1995.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 300.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Club
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Disco Ball
    Uplighting

• Holly Ireland Photography Wedding Photographers

DREW is AWESOME!!! Amazing DJ! He really gets the party going and knows the flow of how a reception should go!! We love working with him and every wedding we have worked with him is a hit! AWESOME music and such an awesome guy!

• Nicole George Event Planning & Design Wedding Planners

Drew from Songstruck is professional, dynamic, and an amazing dj! I worked with Songstruck for an LGBT Wedding Party Event and he was just so organized and communicative throughout the process. I would definitely recommend Drew for any event.

• By appointment only San Diego, CA, 92109 See on map
    Inquiries by phone: 8am-8pm Mon-Fri 9am-3pm Sat-Sun Inquiries by e-mail: Response in 24 Hours (usually 1-2 hours)
    Location of (SONGSTRUCK Weddings and Events)