2208 South Lamar Suite C, Austin, TX 78704 Map · Phone number

About Sledd Wedding Photography

To your wedding I bring the energy required to present a natural narrative of the big day, moment by real moment - and an eye for the magic when the light meets the moment, making you and groom and all of your raving fans a part of something bigger and more wonderful feeling than you imagined. You can trust me not to miss that.

You can expect a full complement of required posed shots, however most of my photographs will be aimed at documenting the day as it was, in the details and smiles and quirks that brides and families tell me evoke the most powerful memories.

My name is Mary Sledd. I have 10 years of editorial photography experence. I live and work in South Austin, and I look forward to meeting you.

WeddingKiss
MarySleddWeddingPhoto
AustinEnagementPhotos03

11 Reviews for Sledd Wedding Photography

Sheer · Married on 01/05/2014

Mary Sledd was recommended to us by a friend, and from the instant we first met with her in a coffee shop, we knew we wanted to hire her as our photographer. She totally understood that we wanted our wedding photos to be more about capturing the moment than asking people to pose for contrived shots. We did do formal portraits during our cocktail hour, but Mary understood that we wanted to follow the list of shots we had prepared and to get through the formal portraits as quickly and painlessly as possible. She told us she could make it quick, and she did! I was so pleased with how well she handled my large family and how precisely she stuck to the shot list.

Mary and her assistant did an amazing job before and during the ceremony, and the photos from the reception are AWESOME. Mary and her assistant seemed invisible the whole night! They were never intrusive in any way and were totally respectful and professional throughout the evening. Every time I look at the photographs, I feel like I am returning momentarily to my wedding, which is really what we hoped the photographs would be.

I was shocked at how quickly Mary went through all the photos and uploaded them onto her site for us to see. We very quickly received a proof book and DVDs with the images as well. Everything about working with Sledd Photography has been efficient, professional, and just getting exactly what we asked for. The photographs are beautiful, the rate was super affordable (we didn't want a whole package with engagement photos, fancy photo album, etc.), and Mary is a really cool person! I loved occasionally looking over at Mary and her assistant during the reception and seeing them smiling on the dance floor! Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Victoria · Married on 10/09/2011

Mary is completely awesome in every way!!! We were very lucky to have a lot of great vendors for our wedding, but Mary was one of our favorites.

Mary took engagement, bridal, and wedding photos for us. She could charge a lot more for the great quality of her photos and services, and I felt like we got a really good deal. Since you end up spending quite a bit of time with your photographer, it's important to choose someone you click with. Mary is such a nice, genuine person, and seems to go out of her way to make any bride feel awesome and comfortable.

One of the things I was most impressed with was her promptness. If I sent her an e-mail with a question, she would always respond quickly. She was also very fast getting our photos to us, for all three shoots (I think we got most of them in less than a week, which is AMAZING). By the time we were back from our honeymoon, our photos from the wedding were online and ready to look at. She also provides you a flash drive or cd with all of your photos, giving you the rights to print them anywhere.

We were extremely impressed with the quality of all of our photos, and my family and friends continue to rave about how fantastic they are. Mary has a knack for keeping things simple and quick and has an eye for beautiful shots. At our wedding, she managed to get all of the "formal" photos done before the ceremony, so we were able to go and join the party very quickly. She was also great at staying out of the way during the event while still capturing all of the important moments.

If you're an Austin bride, definitely check Mary out!!

Sent on 11/03/2011
  • kablarkin

Consuela · Married on 12/23/2010

Mary Sledd and her second photographer Julie were very polite and inconspicuous at our wedding reception. Beforehand, Mary Sledd answered all of my emails promptly and was flexible with her contracts. Since we were having two weddings, (one big and public and one small and private), she allowed us to purchase an Engagement package for the small wedding instead of purchasing and entirely new wedding package for that one. All of the pictures looked fantastic. When we got the DVDs for the pics, one of them wouldn't work. I emailed her to let her know and she immediately sent me a new one along with an apology. Our proof album came and somehow all of the pictures printed backwards. I told her about this and she offered our money back or to send another one. Although there were hiccups she handled them quickly and professionally and we are very satisfied customers.

Sent on 01/11/2011

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sledd Wedding Photography FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment
    AustinDJ.org - SoundSource Entertainment Wedding DJs

SoundSource Dj Service (www.AustinDJ.org or www.SoundSourceDJService.com) highly recommends this company! Need a DJ for your special event? Call Brian at 877-266-6935 x709 or 512-213-4990 to receive a $75 off coupon for using this vendor.

• 2208 South Lamar, Suite C Austin, 78704 See on map