Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Skye D Photography

Photojournalism and Creative Portraiture for Hudson Valley Brides and Families

What makes a good photographer? Technical proficiency? It is a must. A good eye? Absolutely. Imagination and creativity? Always. But the best photographers are the ones that are patient, the ones who realize that its more important to click with people than click the shutter, and that have the ability to make people comfortable. I do not want to change the subject, I want the subject to change me. I want to capture the real moments, the timeless portraits, the pure emotions of the day as they happen, including even the smallest details that you might not have known were taking place, yet at the same time creating beautiful, quality images that you will love for a lifetime.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
Proofs (1)

Skye was excellent ! She was waiting for me at my venue when I arrived and was very sweet and helpful. Loved my pictures. Skye photographed my friend Aly’s wedding and I loved her video so much, wish I got one of my own !

Profile Picture Laura, 2/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We’ve been thinking about how to express the way we feel about our daughters wedding pictures. When we look at them, it’s like unwrapping a precious gift. Speaking from the heart, know that Skye will find every beautiful moment you hope to see photographed ... and many others that you hadn’t thought of. She captured so many memories, and there’s so much emotion that shows through in her work. Skye is always looking for something beautiful, and she makes everyone feel so comfortable. Her talent and artists eye, captured every moment of that day. Through her work we are able to re-live our daughter and son in laws wedding day, and will be able to for all of our lives. Our daughter is very creative and has unique tastes, and Skye understood exactly the vibe she was looking for in her wedding photographs. All the photos came out so beautiful, and our daughter and son in law are thrilled with them. Skye is professional, calm, and creative. We highly recommend her to anyone who is thinking about doing professional photos. Choosing and trusting a photographer is a hard decision, but if you choose Skye D Photography you have made a choice that you will be so happy with !!

Profile Picture Stacey , 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Skye was just amazing to work with, from day one!!! As if getting married wasn’t enough for us to concentrate on, we sold our house and were in the process of moving right before the wedding. Skye was so patient and flexible while we took our time making decisions. We were so impressed with how quickly she turned around our video (weeks ahead of our photographer.) The video brought tears to my eyes the first time we watched it. She captured every moment perfectly! It was all we could have asked for! As our family grows I plan on using Skye for all of our exciting life moments!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I can’t say enough about Skye. My husband and I Did not want a huge fancy wedding, however having awesome pictures to capture this moment was so important to us. We decided to get married and have a small party at our favorite restaurant. Skye went out of her way to go to the restaurant prior to the wedding to discuss details with the owner to make sure we had the best pictures possible for the ceremony, which completely put me at ease. We so much appreciated all the effort she put in to make sure we got want we wanted. After the ceremony, we took a walk with Skye throughout the town to take pictures and had so much fun. It felt like we were hanging out with an old friend, which really helped us to relax and enjoy. She captured some beautiful moments and I’m so grateful to have those memories. I would completely recommend Skye for any occasion.

Profile Picture Katie , 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I chose Skye as our wedding photographer after being recommended to her by a friend of ours. We could not have asked for anyone better. From our first meeting with Skye, we knew her easy-going personality would make her a great fit for us. An engagement session was included in our package, and despite several unforeseen issues (the first two locations we tried to use were closed!) Skye always had a back up plan and in the end our photo’s came out amazing. My husband and I are not fans of being in front of the camera, but Skye completely put us at ease. The day of our wedding, which was supposed to be outdoors, it poured rain all day. Skye was determined not to let that limit the photographs we took, and made sure to sneak us out for a few shots every time the rain let up for a few minutes. When we got our wedding photos back, we were blown away! Skye captured so many candid moments, and we will cherish these memories forever. We would highly recommend Skye and her team to anyone getting married, and we look forward to having her capture many more happy memories as our family grows!

Profile Picture Kerri, 6/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

First, I must say what a wonderful person Skye is! I saw her work through a few friends of mine and when it was time for Robby and I to tie the knot we didn't think twice. She has a creative and unique approach to photography, the moments she is able to capture are real, pure...just priceless! We had done engagement photos with her prior. It was the first time we had photos taken of us professionally. Skye has such a positive, undemanding energy that she made us feel like naturals! The engagement photos came out phenomenal (we still have people talking about them). For our wedding we purchased the package with her assistant photographer...A MUST! Like any bride on their wedding day, I was overwhelmed with emotions. But Skye has an ease about her that I was able to relax, enjoy and take in all those moments that many brides miss out on. As we looked through our wedding photos it instantly brought us back to that day, and all the emotions we felt...absolute joy! On your wedding day everything is happening so quickly and just like that it's over. Skye captured EVERY SINGLE moment of that day and through her photos we are able to re-live such a special part of our lives. All the photos came out so beautiful it is hard to choose, we have so many favorites! I can't wait to use Skye for any future photography. She is professional, accommodating, artistic and responds quickly. I highly recommend her to anyone who is thinking about doing professional photos.

Thank you Skye, we will cherish these photos for a lifetime!!

xo, Melissa & Robby

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Skye is wonderful to work with! She does amazing work and we are so happy with our photos! The most difficult part of the process has been narrowing down which ones we should print! She's amazing! We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with Skye and we love them. My husband and I aren't exactly people who love having our pictures taken and Skye put us at ease and made us feel so comfortable. I think by the end my husband was actually enjoying being photographed :) . Her work is amazing and she is such a nice person. Skye followed through on everything, she was very timely and professional. Alan was our second photographer for the day and the boys absolutely had a blast with him. He captured some really great moments. Skye and Alan even helped us transport flowers from the girls to the guys! Highly recommend Skye D Photography to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer!! Thank you again Skye!!

Profile Picture Erica, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Skye was wonderful to work with. She was professional, flexible, and took beautiful photos. I loved the use of natural light in photos of my friend's wedding and immediately knew I wanted Skye to be a part of my wedding as well. I highly recommend her work!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Skye is Amazing! I have worked with her for both engagement and wedding photos. Both times my husband and I were more then happy with her work! She is easy to work with and makes you feel very comfortable. Her and her staff are very professional and friendly. She is also great with getting pictures back to you quickly! I would recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Kerry, 6/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Skye was our wedding photographer, and we are very happy with the work that she did. Communicating with Skye was easy before, during and after the wedding, and on the wedding day she was very pleasant and made us feel very comfortable. She made getting tons of pictures taken easy for a couple who hates to get their picture taken! Our wedding was at a location she hadn’t previously been to, but she was great at picking out spots to take pictures and had clearly scoped out some of the areas that we had mentioned to her beforehand, which was great. Skye was unobtrusive during the ceremony, unlike other wedding photographers that we have seen, yet she still got the important shots. She was flexible with us as far as when we did most of the formal pictures, which meant that we were able to enjoy the majority of our cocktail hour. Our touched-up photo gallery was up within a couple weeks which was great to see, and there are a lot of shots that we are very happy with. Overall things went really well, and we would recommend Skye to others!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1469242664566 b 024
220x220 sq 1469242675515 059

1 VIDEO

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Skye is a true wedding professional. Her enthusiasm for her work and dedication to her customers truly shows in the outstanding images she captures. She is an absolute pleasure to work with as well. Highly recommended! -- DJ Bri

Skye is an amazing photographer with a real eye for detail and imaginative brilliance. She can take the dream of bride's vision and bring it to life with her unique style and charming personality. Professional, Reliable, and truly Artistic. If you are looking for unique, timeless, and memorable memories of your wedding, then Skye D Photography is the best choice.

I have had the pleasure of working with Skye on multiple occasions. Skye is a pleasure to work with and is a creative, talented photographer. A true professional in the business.

Middletown, NY 10940   See On Map