Sincerely Pete Events

Washington, DC View map
4.8 out of 5 rating

Sarah-Pete (she/her) is an equality-minded, Humanist Celebrant, wedding officiant, and ceremony curator. Her company, Sincerely Pete, based in Richmond, Virginia, serves Virginia and the Washington, D.C. area and is available for travel to destinations all over the globe.

As an officiant, Sarah-Pete welcomes the opportunity to work with nonreligious, spiritual, interfaith, culturally connected, LGBTQ+ identifying,​ and otherwise identifying humans who share her belief that there is a universal force that unites us all - love.

Whether you need an officiant to help you write your ceremony, advise you on the perfect vows, be a legal witness to sign your marriage license, create custom rituals, unity ceremonies, family vows, or if you need advice on how to incorporate culturally significant content into your wedding - Sincerely Pete is here to help.

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

Angela Married on 10/25/2020

Sweet, and truly Sincere

Sarah is so sweet. She is everything she says she is on her site. She’s kind, warm and really just makes you feel like you’re best friends. We met her on very short notice as a recommendation from our event planner. She did not disappoint. I am a timid and shy person, but she made me feel comfortable and calm. Sarah is highly recommended by us! Couldn’t be happier.
    Jennifer Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hire Sincerely Pete - you won't regret it!

Working with Sincerely Pete is truly a great choice. Sarah will put you at ease, calm your fears, and make the entire wedding planning and execution process seem comparatively effortless. That's high praise coming from a couple with little wedding savvy, decision paralysis, and a tendency to research everything to death. Sarah took the time to understand us, helped us decide what traditions made sense, and suggested unique twists to make things personal. She told us where our wish list didn't make sense (one food truck for 80 guests) but came up with even better alternatives to maintain our look/feel (pop-up food stations throughout the evening). She helped us narrow our choices, kept us on track, and made spot-on vendor recommendations each time. The day of our wedding, we had nothing to do but fully experience the events and emotions. No stress, no last-minute details... Sarah had it all under control. She even helped button my dress. It was perfect!
    Caroline Married on 09/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

From Panic to Peace with Sarah Pete!

When my husband and I first reached out to Sarah Pete, we were panicked: We had just parted ways with the original wedding planner that we hired and we weren’t sure we were going to be able to find another one before our big day. From the first phone call with SP to the end of our wedding day, panic was never again an emotion that we felt.

We are very happy that we hired Sarah Pete to be our wedding planner. Not only is SP’s energy amazing, but she is extremely creative and is so fun to work with. Throughout the planning process, I felt more like I was planning with a friend than my wedding planner. This, combined with her business-first attitude to getting things done, made us feel very comfortable working with her on items both big and small.

We got married in my hometown of Sun Valley, Idaho which is pretty slow-paced. Despite the challenges of dealing with vendors from a small town, Sarah Pete navigated conversations and issues beautifully. My florist, for example, didn’t use email and barely texted. Sarah Pete somehow still figured out a way to work with him beautifully and produce an escort card board that was 100% what I envisioned. I am pretty sure they are still friends to do this day as well :).

On the wedding day itself, Sarah Pete also had all the big and small stuff handled as well. From being there to make sure my veil was perfect to making sure my husband didn’t step in deer poop (!) during sunset photos to helping me handle a dress emergency at the end of the night, Sarah Pete was there to make us feel calm, but more importantly make sure we had the time of our life. At this point it is such a cliche, but I can honestly say that my wedding day was the best day of my life and Sarah Pete truly helped make that a reality.

So to summarize, If you’re looking for a fun wedding planner that can truly get shit done, hire Sarah Pete!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Wedding Hair & Makeup

Sarah is one of the best decisions you can make when you begin wedding planning! She's fun, personable, attentive to detail and cares for her clients! We love working with her!

Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up Gabby and Martha Hair & Make up Wedding Hair & Makeup

We are a hair and make up company and we recently had the opportunity to work with Sarah / Sincerely Pete Events. Sarah is a fantastic wedding planner! Her impeccable taste, amazing organization, and great communication skills made working alongside her a great experience! We can’t wait to have the opportunity to work with her again; she sure made things flow nice and smooth. We cannot recommend Sarah enough!!!

Succulents & Saffron Succulents & Saffron Wedding Florists

Sarah is so great to work with! Every time I have worked with her, she has been professional and organized. Her events are well thought out and the couple has always left the event super happy and satisfied in every way!

3310 W Franklin Street, Richmond, VA Washington, DC, 23221
Location of (Sincerely Pete Events)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding