Philadelphia, PA 19146 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 2

About Shimmer and Spice

I've been doing makeup since I was a little girl, it all started when I would sneak into my moms room to sit at her vanity and play for hours. To start my career I went to the Make-up Designory, NYC in 2006; I knew I had to move to New York. I started working for a custom-blend makeup line called Giella at Henri Bendel, which is where I first started blending makeup. I learned so much working on real woman of all ages, shapes, colors and sizes. I still offer custom lipstick for my brides to this day! {{Fun fact: Make-up by Mario also got his start working at the same cosmetic line. He left the counter to be Kim K's makeup artist when I started}} I'm from Pennsylvania originally and when I moved back, I opened a custom-blend makeup boutique in Philadelphia, and I set it up like a kitchen with makeup pigments in spice racks along the wall. This is where the name "Shimmer and Spice" was born. They didn't do it like that at Bendel's — I just always had that idea in the back of my head. It was a lot of fun but I started to get really busy on Saturdays with weddings so I decided to close it and work freelance. I know I will eventually open up a shop again when the timing is right but for now I'm having a best with my brides, and growing the Shimmer and Spice team

Read my interview on BHLDN

Shimmer and Spice 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Dougherty · Married on 10/12/2019

Above and beyond

I think it’s important to start this by mentioning that my getting ready house and wedding venue were surrounded by knee deep water on the morning of my wedding. After we all got over the initial shock, Kristyn and the rest of my vendor team jumped right into the adventure and the whole day went incredibly smoothly. Kristyn is the girl you want when unexpected natural crises occur!

Now onto the beauty...Kristyn was one of the very first vendors I hired for my wedding (almost 2 years ago!) At every step of the way, she was the picture of talent, calm, and professionalism. I went into my trial two years ago with a whole slew of pictures and ideas about what I thought I wanted, and then after following her social media for two years, I 1000% abandoned my plan and said to her on my wedding morning, “I trust your talent, do what you think will look beautiful.” And she crushed it. Kristyn has truly perfected natural glam makeup. I felt so beautiful. She did a wonderful job on my mom and mother in law. Everyone enjoyed chatting with her and we were all thrilled with the results. She finished ahead of schedule and was able to take another one of my friends on the fly. When my sister in law asked for a quick professional consult on my nieces make up (which my sister in law was doing herself), Kristyn hopped right in with her expert eye without hesitation. Just such a pro.

I can’t say enough positive things about my experience and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/14/2019
    Shimmer and Spice 14
    Shimmer and Spice 15

Christina · Married on 07/20/2019

Couldn't be happier

100% recommend!!! I had an outstanding experience with Shimmer and Spice from start to finish. I wanted to be glammed up without looking like I had a ton of makeup on my face and my vision was realized PERFECTLY. Kristyn and Maggie were always responsive, my trial with Maggie went great - she is so talented, able to do what you want but also make great suggestions. On our wedding day, Maggie did my make up as well as my mom and bridesmaids, the high temperature for that day was 97 degrees, and she was outstanding! She was on time, professional, patient, easy to work with and most importantly AWESOME at doing makeup. Everyone looked beautiful. My mom looked the exact same at the end of the night, still beautiful and radiant and she was the first person that day to have her make up done. Even after midnight and walking outside to join some of our guests for post wedding drinks they were telling me my make up still looked amazing. I would recommend Shimmer and Spice to anyone and wish I had more excuses to have professional make up done.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Emily

Emily Watto · Married on 07/12/2019

Beautiful, Natural Makeup!

As a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding, Shimmer and Spice did my makeup. I was in LOVE with the natural makeup they did, and when I got engaged and set a date, they were one of the first vendors I booked. Follow them on Instagram and every weekend you will see wedding after wedding of beautiful, natural makeup. Kristyn and her team of artists are so kind and welcoming. By the end of the day, the bridesmaids and artists are chit-chatting like old friends. It is so convenient having the makeup team come right to the space where you are getting ready and not having to worry about going to a salon. Leading up to the wedding, you go to their beautiful studio for a trial, where Kristyn made me feel so comfortable telling her what I liked or wanted to change in the look. She even made me a custom lip color that I could use on the big day to reapply after the team had left. Kristyn sent me a questionnaire that she used to make a timeline for the day and made sure all the logistics would run smoothly. She communicated often and responded quickly to any questions I had. We were also able to add-on and adjust things in our contract leading up to the big day. She was very honest and open about everything and I would happily work with her again! I recommend Shimmer and Spice to any bride looking for beautiful, natural makeup that enhances your natural beauty for your big day!

Sent on 08/23/2019

• What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 12

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Shimmer and Spice 1
    A Gift for You!
    As a gift to you, I will design you a custom lipstick that you can use for touch-ups on your wedding day and any other special eent you may want to wear it for.
  • Shimmer and Spice 2
    A Gift for You!

• Samantha Jay Photography
    Samantha Jay Photography Wedding Photographers

Shimmer and Spice is an incredible collective of artists that is lead by the AMAZING Kristyn. Any time that my brides use Shimmer and Spice, I know that they are going to be looking like the best version of themselves. Kristyn's attention to detail and ability to bring out the natural beauty in every person is incredible. And her team of artists is just as incredible. I can't say enough good things about Shimmer and Spice! Book them now!

• Ariel Katrina Hair
    Ariel Katrina Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

Kristyn and her team offer such experienced skill and attention to all their brides. I recommend Shimmer and Spice to my brides knowing they'll be blown away by her talent and personality!

• Trousseau Style
    Trousseau Style Wedding Dresses

Kristyn from Shimmer and Spice is fabulous to work with! She really understands clients' needs and is able to tailor her work according to their vision. She is extremely thorough and passionate about her work! I absolutely recommend Shimmer and Spice!