Philadelphia, PA 19146 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 2

About Shimmer and Spice

I've been doing makeup since I was a little girl, it all started when I would sneak into my moms room to sit at her vanity and play for hours. To start my career I went to the Make-up Designory, NYC in 2006; I knew I had to move to New York. I started working for a custom-blend makeup line called Giella at Henri Bendel, which is where I first started blending makeup. I learned so much working on real woman of all ages, shapes, colors and sizes. I still offer custom lipstick for my brides to this day! {{Fun fact: Make-up by Mario also got his start working at the same cosmetic line. He left the counter to be Kim K's makeup artist when I started}} I'm from Pennsylvania originally and when I moved back, I opened a custom-blend makeup boutique in Philadelphia, and I set it up like a kitchen with makeup pigments in spice racks along the wall. This is where the name "Shimmer and Spice" was born. They didn't do it like that at Bendel's — I just always had that idea in the back of my head. It was a lot of fun but I started to get really busy on Saturdays with weddings so I decided to close it and work freelance. I know I will eventually open up a shop again when the timing is right but for now I'm having a best with my brides, and growing the Shimmer and Spice team

Read my interview on BHLDN

Shimmer and Spice 7
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Perry · Married on 06/14/2019

Highly Recommend!

I had a great experience with Shimmer and Spice from start to finish. Kristyn was responsive, informative, and so helpful in booking make-up artists for my wedding day. We were SO lucky to have booked Maggie and Penelope. Maggie was so patient and sweet at my trial, she took my feedback and helped me to find the perfect look. The day of the wedding, they arrived on time, were extremely professional, had us ready ahead of schedule, and were so fun to work with. My bridal party looked incredible all night thanks to this very talented team. I couldn't recommend this group more!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Alyssa Connell · Married on 06/04/2019

Shimmer & Spice = peace of mind

I am so happy and grateful to have worked with Shimmer & Spice. Maggie is a dream--not only extremely talented but also very kind and relaxed (and therefore relaxing to be around, especially on your wedding day). I had only had my makeup done professionally a few times before and hadn't loved either look, since I didn't think I looked like me. But after working with Maggie, I wish she could do my makeup every single day! At my trial, she figured out what would work best for me, including a lipstick which I went out and bought later that day because I loved it, and the right (very comfortable) false lashes to make the whole look come together. I felt totally calm and confident on my wedding day, and Maggie created a beautiful look that lasted the entire day and evening. I felt like myself but even more festive--and the makeup photographed absolutely beautifully, which is so important!

Choosing wedding vendors takes a lot of research and trust. I couldn't be happier to have worked with Shimmer & Spice, and with Maggie. I'm so glad she was part of my wedding day.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 05/25/2019

Soft Glam Asian Bride ~

I had a ton of reservations about hiring a MUA for several reasons: (1) I'm south east asian (Cambodian) with an olive complexion, and my bridal party was also all Asian American with different skin tones and eye shapes, (2) I wanted to look like myself, but glowing, and didn't want to look like a stranger on my wedding day, and (3) my twin was my maid-of-honor and I wanted to stand out from her.

But my worries washed away once I worked with Penelope. I truly felt like a glowing bride. She nailed my skin tone, the eyeliner (so that my eyes were the right shape!) and even though my twin looked gorgeous, Penelope made sure my makeup was a shimmering bridal look that was not over-done. And I was SHOCKED how my makeup stayed after I was a crying mess at my ceremony. Amazing.

I also did my own makeup at my house for my morning tea ceremony , and after seeing some pictures I wish I had hired Penelope for my morning ceremony too. I know my face well and think I typically do a great job my own makeup. But Penelope made me look so glowingly perfect.

Thanks Penelope and Shimmer & Spice, it was perfect :)

Sent on 07/02/2019

• What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 12

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Shimmer and Spice 1
    A Gift for You!
    As a gift to you, I will design you a custom lipstick that you can use for touch-ups on your wedding day and any other special eent you may want to wear it for.
  • Shimmer and Spice 2
    A Gift for You!

• Samantha Jay Photography
    Samantha Jay Photography Wedding Photographers

Shimmer and Spice is an incredible collective of artists that is lead by the AMAZING Kristyn. Any time that my brides use Shimmer and Spice, I know that they are going to be looking like the best version of themselves. Kristyn's attention to detail and ability to bring out the natural beauty in every person is incredible. And her team of artists is just as incredible. I can't say enough good things about Shimmer and Spice! Book them now!

• Ariel Katrina Hair
    Ariel Katrina Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

Kristyn and her team offer such experienced skill and attention to all their brides. I recommend Shimmer and Spice to my brides knowing they'll be blown away by her talent and personality!

• Trousseau Style
    Trousseau Style Wedding Dresses

Kristyn from Shimmer and Spice is fabulous to work with! She really understands clients' needs and is able to tailor her work according to their vision. She is extremely thorough and passionate about her work! I absolutely recommend Shimmer and Spice!