Prospect St, Canaan, CT 06018 Map · Phone number
Package Price $5,000
Availability Check your date

About SHG Event Planning

SHG Event Planning is a professional wedding planner that is based out of Canaan, Connecticut. Stephanie and her team are highly experienced planners who can step in at any point in the process and yield the perfect results that you deserve on your big day. Take this opportunity to work with some of the best in the wedding planning business.

SHG Event Planning is a highly-rated and efficient service that boasts a variety of packages and options that can cater to weddings of all sizes. Customization and a personal touch is the center of Stephanie’s business model, which makes for a great recipe when it comes to a stress free and beautiful wedding. Planning services are available to all main wedding events and include full service options that plan the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. Pre-wedding services are available and will handle the daunting tasks of budget analysis, event design, vendor management, guest lists, and whatever else gets in the way of your perfect wedding experience. Redeem your complimentary consultation, and get a jump of your dream wedding today! Wedding types include:

• Civil

SHG Event Planning 6
SHG Event Planning 7

Adrienne Colotti · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Steph was incredible!

Steph was INCREDIBLE to have as our wedding coordinator for our wedding weekend. Despite not being able to meet in person beforehand due to schedules and geographic distances, she was there every time I needed her prior to and during the entire weekend. She was fun, organized, and had a very calming presence, which of course was much appreciated. I am grateful she was there for me during the hectic last few weeks of planning as well as during the actual day of the wedding. She is a cool chick to have on your team and I would highly recommend her talent.

Sent on 05/15/2019

M · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Planning is Stressful!

After looking at countless venues with my fiancé, we decided we didn’t want to have an “out of the box” type wedding. We wanted something different; we have been at weddings at so many of the places that we looked at for ours. We wanted something that we haven’t seen in any wedding pictures. So, we decided to have it at a local airport, in the hangar where my fiancé and his father kept their airplanes. This decision at the time seemed like a great one! But we realized quickly that we had our work cut out for us! There are so many “moving parts” in an unstructured location, like the airplane hangar. We didn’t’ even know where to start! Finding Stephanie was sort-or “Serendipitous”. We met her at one of our walk through at a venue that we didn’t’ end up going with because we were searching for something completely different. But one day, months later, while visiting the airplane hangar, we bumped into her! She was there organizing an event. I knew it was meant to be!

She not only helped plan, organize and keep me sane through the entire wedding planning process, she was a “buffer” between me and the vendors.
    I could tell from the minute I met her, that she has a lot of experience in what she does. Like I mentioned before, our wedding was at an airplane hangar, so right off the bat there were a lot of hurdles we had and a lot of vendors we had to work with. She tied everyone together, like assembling a puzzle! She knew what kind of AMP was needed for the band, for the bathrooms, and for the caterers coffee pots. I would have never thought to think of these things. With the decorations, I gave her a few bins of things that I wanted to display at the reception and I didn’t have time to go around and tell her where I wanted everything. She did such an AWESOME job making my vision come to life! I received multiple compliments from our wedding party and guests at how “on point” she was with everything! She helped create a timeline of all the events for the weekend and she was even at our rehearsal directing people and organizing the flow.

For all the brides out there who are having their big day at an unstructured or at a site that is not a wedding venue, please take my advice – call Stephanie, you will be so happy that you did. Planning a wedding is really, really stressful and Stephanie understands that. So please, sit back on your wedding day and enjoy it!

cid:image001.png@01D3A0FE.98C96870

Sent on 07/23/2019
    SHG Event Planning 8

Robert Kim · Married on 06/22/2019

The Best Decision of All Wedding Decisions

Of all our vendors, SHG Event Planning was the best decision we made. Stephanie and her team made our wedding a magical experience. Stephanie went above and beyond her responsibilities to make sure everything ran smoothly. There were many unexpected surprises leading up to the wedding, which she managed beautifully. Stephanie's level of communication and her ability to think quickly and execute truly redefines professionalism.

With the weeks and months prior to the wedding, Stephanie and her team were attentive to our vision and provided excellent insight and feedback to help us make decisions. She would provide suggestions and tell us what others have done in certain situations and always left it to us to make the final decision.

The venue had introduced a lot of stipulations not explicitly detailed in the contract and made coordinating/setting up for the big day a huge hassle. Stephanie rolled with the punches and found solutions quickly and effectively.

During the wedding day, there was a lot going on and Stephanie and her team handled all the coordination stresses, leaving us to focus our energy on our guests and to actually enjoy our wedding. Hands down, booking SHG Event Planning was the best decision we made.

Sent on 07/27/2019