Prospect St, Canaan, CT 06018 Map · Phone number
Package Price $5,000
Availability Check your date

About SHG Event Planning

SHG Event Planning is a professional wedding planner that is based out of Canaan, Connecticut. Stephanie and her team are highly experienced planners who can step in at any point in the process and yield the perfect results that you deserve on your big day. Take this opportunity to work with some of the best in the wedding planning business.

SHG Event Planning is a highly-rated and efficient service that boasts a variety of packages and options that can cater to weddings of all sizes. Customization and a personal touch is the center of Stephanie’s business model, which makes for a great recipe when it comes to a stress free and beautiful wedding. Planning services are available to all main wedding events and include full service options that plan the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. Pre-wedding services are available and will handle the daunting tasks of budget analysis, event design, vendor management, guest lists, and whatever else gets in the way of your perfect wedding experience. Redeem your complimentary consultation, and get a jump of your dream wedding today! Wedding types include:

• Civil

SHG Event Planning 6
SHG Event Planning 7
  • Katie

Katie Cronin · Getting married on 05/08/2020

I would recommend Stephanie to absolutely anyone!

I couldn't have better things to say about working with Stephanie. Throughout the planning process, Stephanie was attentive, organized and resourceful. My (now) husband and I hired Stephanie as our day-of coordinator for our August 17th wedding and she was impeccable! She is easy to contact and easy to work with – and her easygoing, calming presence really helps relieve the stress of the wedding planning process!

Stephanie helped to alleviate any additional stress leading up to the wedding by providing helpful tips and resources that kept me and my husband on track for our big day. She took the reins on our rehearsal and made sure all of our attendants (and little ones!) knew what they were doing, and made it fun and enjoyable throughout.

On our wedding day, I knew I had absolutely nothing to stress about because she was on it. Every little detail, every step of the way. I couldn't have asked for a better planner, and am so grateful that we picked Stephanie. She coordinated with all of our vendors, got all the necessary paperwork and insurance requirements from them, handled all of the little details and made everything so easy for us.

There are not enough words to describe how grateful we are for Stephanie being a part of our special day. She is quick and knows how to handle situations on the spot. Due to torrential rain and thunderstorms in the middle of our tented wedding reception, Stephanie went around to each table and calmly explained that we needed to evacuate the tent and wait out the storm in the party barn. Normally this would be devastating for any bride and groom, but due to Stephanie’s expertise, experience and ability to seamlessly change course at the drop of a dime, our “evacuation” actually became what we like to call “the intermission”. She made sure everyone had a drink in hand, made sure the music was going, and did not miss a beat. Everyone had the best time, even though this was clearly not planned – and due to Lion Rock’s perfection, not one person even got wet. And it was a MAJOR storm! She handled it like the PRO that she is and we are so grateful to her!

Stephanie is very good about keeping to schedule and adapting accordingly. If you need a coordinator, choose Stephanie because not only does she do an amazing job, but she does it with a warm heart. We only had Stephanie for the day-of package, but I am quite confident when I say that if you book her for your full wedding planning (or partial wedding planning) that you will have a truly beautiful wedding experience!

I would recommend Stephanie to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Adrienne Colotti · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Steph was incredible!

Steph was INCREDIBLE to have as our wedding coordinator for our wedding weekend. Despite not being able to meet in person beforehand due to schedules and geographic distances, she was there every time I needed her prior to and during the entire weekend. She was fun, organized, and had a very calming presence, which of course was much appreciated. I am grateful she was there for me during the hectic last few weeks of planning as well as during the actual day of the wedding. She is a cool chick to have on your team and I would highly recommend her talent.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Laurin · Married on 09/21/2019

Stephanie is a Rock Star!

Stephanie is a Rock Star! We could not have done our wedding at LionRock Farm in Sharon, Connecticut without her guiding hand, kindness, professionalism, and expertise. She truly understood our needs and vision and was able to couple us with the perfect vendors to make our daughter's dream come true. We were from out of the area and her insight into this region helped us chose all of our vendors from hair and make up, to florists, rentals, staffing, lunch menus for the bridal party and more. She thinks of everything you don't or can't even anticipate. She ran our wedding weekend like a ship. I never worried or hesitated at any point knowing that she was behind the scenes orchestrating everything down to the tiniest details. Absolutely everything was perfect and no detail was missed or overlooked. We are still in awe that absolutely nothing went wrong! I can't recommend her enough or encourage the next lucky bride to hire her. She will be the best money you spend on your weekend. All you will have to do is enjoy your wedding, your soon to be spouse, your family and friends!!! Let Stephanie do the rest - she will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/04/2019