SHG Event Planning Reviews

SHG Event Planning 5
SHG Event Planning 6

Amanda Jones · Married on 10/26/2018

Magnificent!

My only child, a daughter, married her beloved this Autumn and the Wedding and Reception were more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Stephanie's knowledge, guidance and support was invaluable and I would recommend her highly.

Susan · Married on 10/06/2018

"Above and beyond the call of duty!" I have nothing but more-than-positive comments about Stephanie. We worked together for a year on my goddaughter's wedding. She was an invaluable resource in every way, assisting in the selection of and negotiations with local vendors, being our 'eyes and ears' on the ground and attending to every detail, large or small. I was an event planner for NBC Sports for 27 years and worked with vendors all over the world. I can honesty say that Stephanie ranks among the best I ever worked with. She was pro-active and responded to any request in a timely and professional manner. Importantly, she candidly and graciously managed our expectations with alternate options which were venue-appropriate due to her extraordinary knowledge of our venue and the local area. She is clearly well-respected by her partner vendors. Witnessing the coordination between Stephanie and the staff of Lion Rock Farm, the florist, the DJ-AV-lighting team, rental companies and caterer was like watching a well-choreographed ballet. Our event was beyond perfect in every detail, and we have Stephanie to thank for being the hub of the wheel. Her 'can do' attitude, personality, commitment to excellence and experience are why I recommend Stephanie 100%!

Aaron G · Married on 09/23/2018

Highly recommend

We had a great experience planning AND enjoying our wedding weekend thanks to SHG Event Plannkng. Everything went as planned and was beautiful in every way.

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

I feel so lucky to have found Stephanie and SHG Event Planning! My husband and I were married 9/15/18 at Lion Rock Farm in Sharon, CT and hired SHG Event Planning to help plan our wedding. Stephanie was a pleasure to work with in every way; she helped me organize a timeline to detail when I should be working on different components of the wedding, set me up with wonderful vendors, came to appointments with me, answered any questions I might have and made a process that can be pretty stressful feel manageable and a lot of fun. Stephanie's professional and calm demeanor immediately put me at ease throughout the planning process and continued to keep me stress-free through my wedding day. I was so appreciative of her relationships with my other vendors, which made my wedding run smoothly in every way. Stephanie was very flexible with meeting on weekends, which was very helpful, as this is when much of my planning took place. She was always there to answer an email or have a chat. I would absolutely recommend Stephanie to any friend who is looking for a planner for a wedding or any other event. It was a pleasure!

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2018

I can't possibly say enough great things about Stephanie! If you are getting married at Lion Rock Farm (or anywhere in the area) you do not want to do it without her! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Stephanie was the glue that held EVERYTHING together. She was always just a text or email away if we needed her, and she truly went above & BEYOND to make all aspects of our wedding weekend a success. From logistics, to decor, to moral support, we could not have gotten through wedding planning without Stephanie!!

SHG Event Planning 7
    SHG Event Planning 8
    SHG Event Planning 9
    SHG Event Planning 10
    SHG Event Planning 11
    SHG Event Planning 12

Terry Orlofsky · Married on 08/18/2018

Dream Wedding

I can not speak more highly of our experience with Stephanie Holst-Grubbe, of SHG Events. Stephanie was the wedding planner for our daughter’s wedding at Lion Rock Farm in Sharon Connecticut, in August 2018. We worked with Stephanie for the year prior as she guided us with her professionalism, knowledge and expertise as well as a genuine compassion for the bride and groom and both families. The result was a wedding weekend that was perfection for all of us as well as our guests.
    From the Welcome Party, to the day of Wedding, the After Party, and Farewell Brunch, Stephanie’s organizational skills, and time line advice were top notch, and she was always available to go the extra distance to ensure everything was taken care of and going smoothly. This enabled us to enjoy and remember the entire experience. We know it would not have been as wonderful without Stephanie.

Patrick · Married on 07/14/2018

Stephanie was amazing all-around and our wedding would not have happened without her. She is very nice, thoughtful, extremely organized, and fun to be around - and she can help with anything (including finding a last-minute house painter)! She also seems to know and have a great relationship with every wedding vendor in the Berkshires area, which was incredibly helpful to coordinate across a bunch of different people. We would highly recommend Stephanie to anyone else getting married - and will make sure to work with her if we ever renew our vows

Judith · Married on 07/07/2018

Stephanie made our wedding day dreams come true! From her wonderful vendor recommendations, her fastidious planning ahead with vendors, to her flawless day-of coordination, we would not have had the wedding weekend we had without her. Her strong relationships with wedding vendors in northwest Connecticut was a particular boon. We were planning our CT wedding remotely from San Francisco, and Stephanie made this incredibly simple, by conducting site visits on her own and by communicating clearly and responding swiftly by email. She also open to my priorities for the day and supported me in bringing to life the wedding-related projects I felt strongly about. I was able to relax and get ready for the events of our wedding weekend (Friday welcome party, Saturday wedding ceremony and reception, and Sunday brunch) knowing that everything was in stellar hands. Stephanie has such a fun, easygoing spirit, making her a joyful point of contact for my husband and I, as well as our many vendors. We could not recommend her heartily enough. Our vision of a festive, intimate, twinkly wedding filled with love and laughter was fully realized through our work with Steph. If we did everything over again, choosing to work with her would still have been our first major decision! We could not be more grateful to the tremendous care and commitment with which she approaches her events.

Rebecca Gilbert · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent!

Stephanie was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely responsive and worked with our schedule (we lived across the country!). Stephanie helped coordinate and organize all of our vendors and made sure everything was ready to go for our wedding weekend!

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

There are not enough amazing things to say about Stephanie! She consistently went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. She was flexible, constantly available and calm during the inevitable stresses of wedding planning. We did not worry once on the day of our wedding, because we knew she was on top of everything. She listens to your wedding vision, but also provides incredibly useful advice and guidance. She anticipates the unexpected, pays attention to every single detail and is incredible at organizing multiple vendors. The weather was unpredictable on our wedding day and she kept us calm and optimistic while also helping us figure out the plan B. She made our day magical!

Nora · Married on 06/09/2018

Stephanie was fantastic. Super organized and super responsive! A nice person and easy to work with!

Rachel · Married on 08/26/2017

Where to begin with Stephanie?! For starters, she is an absolute doll and brings such a sense of calm and control to what can be a very stressful process. Stephanie truly helped make our wedding what it was - she saw our vision and executed flawlessly. I am quite particular and had very specific details, but she worked with me and my requests and made my husband, mother and I feel at complete ease for our entire wedding weekend. We could not have had the wedding we had without Stephanie by our side!

Amy · Married on 07/15/2017

The are are not enough words to express our gratitude to Stephanie for the excellent job she did in helping us to create our daughter's dream wedding. She is professional, knowledgeable, always available and anticipates your every need.

emily · Married on 07/15/2017

Stephanie was one of the best things to happen to our wedding! She was fabulous to work with, extremely responsive, and very detailed oriented. She created a worry free wedding planning process and completely stress free and spectacular wedding weekend. We can't stress enough how incredible it was to work with Stephanie. She truly helped create the most perfect wedding weekend we could ever ask for!

Julia · Married on 06/24/2017

Stephanie is a pleasure to work with. She is a seasoned event planner. Stephanie advised us on everything wedding related, from helping us select exquisite table setting decor to recommending a food truck for the after-party. She has a great working relationship with many vendors, and was meticulous in coordinating every detail of the wedding, including deliveries, rehearsal, drafting shuttle bus schedules, timing of the ceremony and reception, and much more. No wedding detail was overlooked. Stephanie's love for her job shines through and I recommend her highly.

Susan · Married on 12/10/2016

Sheer good fortune brought us the services of Stephanie Holst-Grubbe when she was the event facilitator at a local inn in Connecticut. Now the founder of SHG Event Planning, Stephanie understood exactly what we had in mind and was pivotal in creating the atmosphere we dreamed of for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. She is efficient, intuitive, creative, a super-prompt email respondent, is familiar with the strengths of a great variety of vendors and does not hesitate to roll up her sleeves when necessary. Factor in her experience, good nature, sense of humor and genuine caring and concern for her clients and you can bank on a fabulous experience. She understands how important your day is (she also coordinated lodging and a fabulously successful rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch for us) and actually listens which, lately, is a rare commodity. I'd love to work with her again in the future and cannot recommend her services more highly.

Allison · Married on 10/15/2016

Stephanie is amazing! She goes above and beyond to make your wedding day a truly magical and unforgettable experience. Stephanie helped create the most perfect of weddings for my wedding day. She is able to anticipate your every need and make sure everything goes smoothly. Stephanie also is very creative and detail oriented, so every detail has the perfect touch. I highly recommend her if you want the best of the best for your wedding day.

Robbin · Married on 09/03/2016

Don't think twice! Stephanie was absolutely amazing in every way imaginable. Our daughters wedding exceeded all of our expectations and I would partner with her again for any event I had to plan!

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Stephanie was my wedding coordinator for my September wedding this past year. She was AMAZING! She is extremely organized, detail-oriented and flexible. She really knows weddings. She has such great advice from her years of experience as to how you can make your day flow smoothly. She was a pleasure to work with in the year leading up to the wedding. She was extremely responsive and constantly reminded us of things we were supposed to be doing, that we may have otherwise forgotten. On the day of the wedding, she made sure the whole day was perfection. The wedding day was seamless from start to finish (at least from my bride perspective)! I later found out that there was an almost crisis when Stephanie realized we didn't include batteries for our lantern centerpieces. The crisis was never even brought to my or my mother's attention. She went to the store, got the batteries for us, set up the centerpieces the way we wanted them to look and we would have never known! She was also very flexible when we were looking to book our bakery for our cupcakes. We weren't in love with any of the preferred vendors at our venue, so she went out and gave us a whole new list of bakeries to try. We loved one of them and they ended up doing a fabulous job - and worked within our budget with Stephanie's help. She really is a talented wedding planner. My mom and I can be very type A, so for us to feel like we could just relax and enjoy my big day, tells you how great Stephanie is at her job. If you want to ensure that your wedding will go smoothly (both during planning and the day of) then I highly recommend Stephanie!

Emily · Married on 07/18/2015

I absolutely loved working with Stephanie! She is so professional and knowledgeable. She has tons of experience in the industry and has great resources to make all of your wedding visions come true (in your budget)! She made the planning process fun for me and more importantly had everything so under control day of that it my husband and I were really able to enjoy our wedding with our family and friends. She helped us create a wedding that everyone is still talking about!!

Liane · Married on 05/17/2014

Stephanie was the wedding planner for my daughters wedding, every detail we asked for she handled professionally and also with her personal touch. As my daughter said, "her wedding was everything she dreamed it would be" which says it all! I highly recommend Stephanie!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/17/2014

Stephanie was amazing from start to finish working to make our wedding everything we dreamed it would be! I didn't have to worry about a thing because she had everything covered. She did a excellent job making sure everything was perfect and ran smoothly on our special day. Everyone still talks about our wedding and how they had a great time. I highly recommend Stephanie to those looking for a planner for their dream wedding.

E · Married on 06/22/2013

Stephanie is wonderful to work with! Flexible, professional, and on top of things without being over bearing. Weddings can be stressful but Stephanie manages to stay calm and laid back, while still handling all the details promptly and efficiently. Communicating with her is easy and she truly cares about her clients. I highly recommend her!