Shelby Lynn Events

Richmond, VA View map Visit website

Shelby Lynn Events is a wedding planning and floral design company located in Richmond, Virginia. Company owner and lead planner Shelby is committed to creating flawless occasions that are unique to each couple she works with. Shelby takes a collaborative approach to her planning process, ensuring that your vision is at the heart of everything she does.

From your pre-wedding preparations to the last dance of your reception, Shelby Lynn Events is dedicated to organizing every aspect of your day to exceed your expectations. Shelby can provide full planning, partial planning, and day-of coordination services to suit your needs and desires. Planning options can include event design, vendor recommendations, timelines, budget assistance, and more. Shelby also offers full floral design services that can be added to any planning package for your convenience. Bespoke floral arrangements can include bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, decorative designs, and much more to enhance your occasion.

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$950

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Eco-Friendly
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Jordan
    Jordan M. Married on 11/20/2021

The help I didn't know I needed

Originally, I tried to plan my wedding by myself but after a number of issues with my venue my mom convinced me to hire a coordinator. The moment I brought Shelby on board things started falling into place. She knew the questions to ask that I hadn't even thought of. She helped straighten out the issues I was having with my venue and went to bat for me multiple times to get the services we had paid for from our vendors. If you want somebody who will be in your corner every step of the way, then hire Shelby. She was always so quick to respond to every email, text, phone call. She went above and beyond her duties to make sure everything was how we wanted it. Our wedding day was an absolute dream and Shelby and her team handled everything flawlessly! Not to mention Shelby was also my florist and brought my romantic/timeless vibe to life. I would not have been able to have the wedding of my dreams if it wasn't for Shelby!

Shelby Lynn Events's reply:

Jordan, thank you so much for your sweet words! ❤️ It was such a joy and an honor to bring the vision you and Stephen had for your wedding day to life! Wishing you guys all the love and happiness for many years to come!
    Meghan S. Married on 10/16/2021

Shelby is the wedding planner every bride NEEDS for her wedding day!

I’m a person who doesn’t open up or trust very easily or quickly, but from the moment a friend of mine recommended Shelby as the wedding planner for my big day, I immediately saw her experience, professionalism and care shine through our initial video call and that first impression only got better over time.

Shelby took so much time to get to know me and my husband, my plans for our dream wedding, and how she could help in anyway to execute every detail. She cared for what I wanted my day to be like and she never shied away to remind me that it was my day and no one was going to take that away from me. Over time, she wasn’t just a wedding planner but a wonderful friend I could rely on to ensure that what I wanted and my feelings towards anything mattered.

Every wedding has its drama and BOY did mine have exactly that! Shelby, out of the kindness of her heart, took time out of her days to check up on me and ask how she could help alleviate any stress. I realized I wasn’t paying a planner who was there to do a job, I had invested in a person who cared for me and the work she did. I even called and texted her almost every day during the week leading up to my wedding, and she answered every time. The biggest stress for me was finding a plan B for pictures since it was going to rain and I had planned to take them outside at a park. My heart sank but Shelby made it her mission to find a beautiful back up location and she totally delivered- it was 10000% more romantic and more intimate than our original idea.

On my wedding day, I was smiling through everything. My make up artist even commented on how she had never seen a bride so relaxed and I told her it’s because I had put all trust in my wedding planner, Shelby.

Every detail I had for the ceremony, pictures, cocktail hour and reception came to life. Shelby’s attention to detail was evident in how she set up each space. I was in tears when I saw it all! I got compliments weeks after the event and it was all because of her My day was absolutely perfect and I know for a fact Shelby played one of the biggest roles in it!

If I haven’t already stressed how wonderful and thoughtful she is, I will then add this fun little fact. At the end of the night, Shelby surprised us with a mason jar filled with water. She explained to my husband and I that she had put it out in the rain during our reception to capture our wedding day rain for our keeping. Once again, I was in tears! I would have never thought to ask or do something so meaningful and Shelby had done that without being prompted to do so!

Shelby is a dream to work with. She’s such a rare find in a wedding industry filled with people there just to do a job. She will spend the time and energy to make sure you are made special and that your day is special because it truly is YOUR day! She will make timelines, work with vendors, communicate with the wedding party, organize contracts, remake timelines, conduct a walkthrough, help you plan and re-plan, set up wedding decor, take down decor, create floral arrangements, and be there for you every step of the way; she truly does it all! I’m recommending Shelby to every bride I’ll ever know because no wedding day is complete without her!!

Shelby Lynn Events's reply:

Oh em gee 😭🥰😭🥰😭

Meghan, this is the most thoughtful review! Thank you so much, this means the absolute world to me ❤️ thank you so much for trusting me with your day! You were so on top of your plans and what you envisioned for the day that it made putting it all together that much easier! You guys are the best ❤️❤️

Richmond, Virginia Richmond, VA, 23227
Location of (Shelby Lynn Events)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding