Shear Bliss Hair Studio

Benton Harbor, MI View map

Shear Bliss Hair Studio is a wedding hair and makeup salon located in Benton Harbor, Michigan. This team of experienced, professional cosmetologists can create the look you have always envisioned for your wedding day. Their attention to detail and expertise allows you to feel confident and beautiful when the moment comes to walk down the aisle and say ‘I do’. Their salon provides a relaxing atmosphere, convenient location, and expert service.

Shear Bliss Hair Studio offers their wedding hair and makeup services at their boutique salon. Getting hair and makeup-ready for the big day is not a task to be taken lightly - it’s one of the most important days in a couple’s lives. With Shear Bliss Hair Studio, clients can pamper themselves with fresh new makeup, fetching bridal hairstyles, dazzling hair coloring, and so much more. Their comprehensive list of services also includes tweezing, waxing, manicures, pedicures, men’s grooming, and so much more all carried out by a team of trusted stylists. The wedding hair and makeup services they provide for wedding and bridal parties include:

• Blowouts, perm, and relaxer
  • Natural makeup
  • Updos and styling
  • Wedding party makeup
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$40

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$40

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$40

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$40

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$70

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$70

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$70

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What is the base price for manicures?

$25

What is the base price for pedicures?

$35

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Men's Grooming
Mult. Stylists
Salon
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Coloring
Relaxer
Haircuts
Perm
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial

What makeup services do you offer?

Brow/Lash Tinting

What hair removal services do you offer?

Tweezing
Waxing
3.9

1 User photo

• Schyler
    Schyler Married on 09/01/2019

They made my dream day perfect!

My hair and makeup were perfect, and the entire experience leading up to that was relaxing and fun. I couldn’t recommend Shear Bliss more!

Shear Bliss Hair Studio's reply:

It was such a pleasure for our team to be a part of your beautiful day. You were all such a joy to work with and we wish all the joys that life can bring! ♥️
    -Jes, Jen, Nicki, and the team at Shear Bliss
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin G. Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding Makeup by Jes a must!

Not being the "girliest" Bride in the world, Jes was not phased by my lack of direction or "vision." She knew exactly what colors and touches to apply to make me, my Matron of Honor and Mom feel beautiful and look gorgeous. I honestly was shocked when I looked in the mirror at myself, couldn't believe how amazing she made me look and the confidence she gave me to say I do.
    I recommend the makeup trial if you are nervous or have no clue what you want your makeup to be for your big day. You are in great hands with Jes! She was super responsive, flexible and will make you feel like you're the most beautiful Bride out there.
    All staff, including the owner of Shear Bliss Hair Studio will make you feel welcome and are super responsive. The price is really great for the services provided. Don't be leery if you think a "smallish" salon is not going to do a great job, I am so happy I chose them out of all other vendors who may not have provided such hands on service!

Response for Caitlin.
    Thank you Caitlin for your kind words and amazing review. It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family and I am so honored that you chose me to make you (even more)beautiful for your wedding day! We wish you all the love, joy and laughter in life and in marriage! Stop by anytime you’re in town!
    -Jes, Jen and the team and Shear Bliss Hair Studio
  • Regan
    Regan L. Married on 05/15/2021

Horrible experience... I had to redo everything

I should have known what I was getting into when I asked "are you using individual eyelash extensions?" and the "makeup artist" responded, "what's that?"

She didn't know what primer was, thank god I brought my own. She wouldn't listen to what I wanted and ended up using a weird mix of purple, orange, brown, and gold (I asked for a natural look and have fair skin). The eyeliner was uneven, the eyeshadow was smudged across my face, it looked like a child did my makeup. She used drug store makeup, including Maybelline mascara that flaked all over my face. Everything I asked for she either didn't understand or fought me on. I tried really hard to be polite and patient and give her instructions, then she lost her temper and said "do you just want to do your own makeup?". I was so uncomfortable. Finally, another girl came in and did my makeup in a way that didn't make me look like I had black eyes. They really rushed through my hair (like 10 minutes and I have long thick hair) and it was really frizzy looking, a ponytail would've looked cleaner.

At the end of everything, they charged me $170, and I tipped generously because I'm a sucker and felt bad for some reason so it totaled around $215. I went home and washed my face, redid my makeup, and tried to fix my hair but ran out of time. I really hate it in pictures. It was just such a terrible experience and the worst day to have so many issues.

Hi Regan,
    We are very sorry that you are unsatisfied with the appointment you and your party experienced. We apologize on behalf of our stylist for acting unprofessionally and she has been spoken to about the situation to avoid any experiences as such in the future. After Paige redid your makeup (at a discount for the inconvenience, of course we made sure the original stylist didn't charge you) we were under the impression that you were content with your services. We are sorry to hear you were not, if Paige would have known this she would have happily communicated with you to get you the desired results. To address the individual lashes, that is generally a specific request that we do not keep in stock, but would happily provide given advanced notice. As for your party feeling rushed, we always strive to make sure our clients feel comfortable, calm, and relaxed in our salon. Some of your party arrived later than their appointment time, and this contributed to the time constraints. From the photos we have of the hairstyle we do not feel that it was frizzy or distasteful, however we wish you would have communicated your discontent so we could have fixed it for you. Once again we are very sorry with how you feel your appointments went, and to add stress to your meaningful day. We wish you and yours to be happy and healthy and you a long and vibrant marriage.

Pricing

Shear Bliss Hair Studio Price Rates

1880 Pipestone Rd. Benton Harbor, MI, 49022

10-6 Mon. - Fri. 10-2 Sat. Closed Sun.
Location of (Shear Bliss Hair Studio)

Other vendors in Grand Rapids for your wedding