Charlottesville, VA 22959 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Meet the Team

About Shannon Moffit Photography

I am a Virginia based photographer with a documentary meets fine art approach to wedding photography. I have a deep love for fashion, travel, and unique experiences, so I passionately infuse this perspective into my photography work.

Your wedding vision is my utmost priority! I will work closely with your wedding planner so I am able to curate a beautiful full gallery that feels true to your love story and personalities. Past clients and vendors would describe my overall style as refined, timeless, and genuine.

Personally, I am both organized and laid back at the same time. I believe in going above and beyond to make people feel comfortable and relaxed in front of my camera and believe in providing professional and personalized service.

I photograph weddings across the globe, but you will likely find me in Charlottesville, DC, Charleston, California, or South Florida.

I am honored to have been published in Elle, Vogue, BRIDES, The Knot, Martha Stewart, and Style Me Pretty, among others.

• Woman-owned
Follow Shannon Moffit Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Summer Gibbs Photography

64 Reviews for Shannon Moffit Photography

• Christine

Christine K. · Getting married on 08/03/2022

Absolutely Perfect!

Shannon was absolutely amazing! From our first phone call with her, we knew we wanted her with us on our wedding day. Not only did she put us completely at ease, but she had us and our whole group laughing with her energetic, fun personality. She walked all over to get the photos that were important to us, having fun the whole time, and I am amazed at how beautiful the photos are given it was cold and windy on our wedding day. I am so thrilled we got to work with Shannon and now have so many perfect photos to remember the day!

Sent on 03/29/2021

Shannon Moffit Photography's reply:

So grateful for this kind review from you Christine! I had so much fun with you two and your friends and family! :)
  • Kelsey

Kelsey C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Shannon is the best

Oh my gosh we can't even begin to explain how joyful Shannon is and how amazing she is to work with. Seriously she made our wedding experience so incredible with her expertise, bubbly personality and creativity. If you are in the Virginia area or are looking to fly in an AMAZING photographer, she's your gal. We can't say enough good things about her and her work. The photos left us speechless and in awe and she was able to package everything up within a month of the wedding. We can't recommend her more!

Sent on 11/06/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin S. · Married on 03/10/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Shannon is absolutely amazing- can't imagine a better wedding photographer. My husband and I were so happy with her photography from our wedding day and engagement shoot. Shannon is unbelievably talented but also such a joy to work with. She has such a gift for getting you "out of your shell" and capturing candid moments. She also goes above and beyond to be supportive during the entire process. When my husband and I had to adjust our original wedding plan due to covid, Shannon took the time to figure out our new micro-wedding photography plan. Her kindness and flexibility made it possible for us to navigate such a challenging time. Our pictures turned out perfect - such a beautiful way to remember our special day!

Sent on 11/08/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Shannon Moffit Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 8000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 15000
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

Team of Shannon Moffit Photography

Shannon Moffit

Shannon Moffit

Owner/Lead Photographer

I am grateful for my gift of seeing beauty and making deep connections with people. I knew then, and still know today, that my calling in life is to be a photographer and tell beautiful visual stories.

Childhood summers in Europe and winters on the ski slopes laid the foundation for my love affair with art, culture, and adventure. My affinity for visual storytelling also developed very early on, with a subscription to Vogue magazine at twelve years old and a wild dream to work for a fashion magazine.

Though my fashion fantasies were hazy when I left my hometown of Miami to attend college, my future as a photographer started to take shape. I studied fine art and art history and fell upon a new hobby, black and white film photography.

Immediately after college, I married a Navy pilot and began a four year journey to becoming a licensed therapist. In the midst of this, I passionately pursued my hobby on the side, completing a two year certification through The New York Institute of Photography and becoming a high-end retoucher for a handful of fashion photographers.

Eventually, I transitioned out of counseling and into fashion photography full time. A few friends were serendipitously getting married that year, so I dove headfirst into the wedding world and haven’t looked back since.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Best Face Forward- Skin, Makeup & Hair Artists Wedding Hair & Makeup

Shannon's photography is amazing! We can't wait to do more together!!! She's personable, and her care for her clients shines through!!

• Fresh Look Photography Wedding Photographers

With a soft touch and keen eye for details, Shannon has an amazing gift for photography. She has a knack for putting her clients at ease and bringing out their best self to create amazing images!

• Charlottesville, VA, 22959 See on map
    Location of (Shannon Moffit Photography)