Shannon Moffit Photography LLC Reviews

61 | Virginia Beach, VA

61 Reviews for Shannon Moffit Photography LLC

Christa · Married on 11/23/2019

Shannon is the best - you need her!

Hiring Shannon as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we ever made! She was great to work with leading up to the wedding and provided an abundance of additional resources for our big day. While it rained most of our wedding day, it didn’t phase Shannon and our pictures were incredible!! She arrived early so we could maximize our outside picture time and knew all the best spots at our venue. Shannon has a calming presence and was so fun to hang out with all day. If you want to be obsessed with your wedding photos, hire Shannon!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 10/12/2019

Incredible!

Shannon is the best!! Obviously, her photos are incredible—you can see that from her website and instagram. She is also a joy to work with. From our first phone call to saying goodbye at the end of our wedding, Shannon was warm, receptive and genuinely excited to be a part of our wedding. She also was a great resource and sounding board as we approached the big day. On our wedding day, Shannon was such a calming force throughout the whirlwind that is getting married. She kept us all moving through formal photos so there was time for us to just have fun (and for her and her assistant to capture the fun)! We just got our photos back, and I’m so glad we were able to work with her. I cannot recommend her enough and hope more people in my life get married soon so I can send them her way!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Nicholas · Married on 10/11/2019

A true talent!

We were lucky enough to hire Shannon for our wedding and she was an absolute dream to work with. She is incredibly professional and views her job as a preservationist would –to be the lens by which you remember your wedding day. She immediately understood my style and vision and really worked to capture what I wanted – Our day was “crisp and timeless”, and her photos reflected that perfectly. We requested to have film photos done as well; she is so skillful! These turned out to be my favorites! I will admit, I didn’t cry on our wedding day but I definitely cried when the photos came back. Her energy on the day-of was enthusiastic and several members of our wedding party praised how easy it was to work with her. If you want to treasure your photos for a lifetime, I can’t recommend Shannon highly enough!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Mackenzie Cope · Married on 09/28/2019

LOVE Shannon!

Shannon was perfect. She knew how to make me and my husband comfortable when we are super awkward in front a of a camera. And it is nothing short of a miracle that she captured so many beautiful pictures where my eyes were actually open- which I thought was an impossible feat. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Erin

Erin Mearns · Married on 09/14/2019

The BEST of the best

Where do I even begin - Shannon is AMAZING. I searched long and hard for a photographer and after awhile, all of the wedding photos and aesthetics started to blend together. And then, I found Shannon. Not only was her portfolio beautiful, but when we spoke on the phone I felt an instant connection. She was mature, funny, professional, worldly, and seemed to just instantly get me and my fiance. She didn't ask for a cliche version of our love story, but instead, focused on my vision for the day, the styles I liked, what I wanted out of my photographer, and how she would approach the experience. It was refreshing. She was able to work through the contract details to make me feel comfortable, as well, which is important since I wanted some control over my images. Working with her for an engagement shoot and then on the wedding was perfect and a joy. She made us comfortable, calm, and just plain HAPPY. She even made my now husband smile and laugh--which is no easy feat when he's in front of a camera. She made the entire wedding feel effortless, worked well with our guests, and easily went with the flow of the day, making suggestions and keeping things rolling along. I wish I could work with her every day. Truly. The icing on the cake is that her photos are gorgeous. She knows how to capture images and the essence of people and the experience. Everyone is talking about how perfect the pictures came out. I could go on and on. She is great. I hope my sisters use her one day when they get married ;)

Sent on 10/02/2019

Morganne Kniffin · Married on 08/31/2019

She is amazing!!!

I can't even begin to express how amazing Shannon is as a person and a photographer. She is so fun to work with while staying professional and focused on her photos. All of my family, bridal party, etc wanted to take their own photos WITH Shannon by the end of the night, because she made everyone so comfortable and have such a good time. More importantly, my wedding photos are better than I could've ever imagined. Her photographing experience is evident by the quality of her work. I am so critical of myself in pictures, but I can't find a single picture that I'm not happy with. TRULY!! Please do yourself a favor and don't consider any other photographers for your special events. Shannon Moffitt is the best and only option.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Ali

Ali · Married on 06/08/2019

The best!!

The first phone call I had with Shannon was supposed to be a 30-min intro, and instead we ended up chatting for almost 2 hours! From that moment, I knew she was perfect. I felt like I was chatting with an old friend and that is so important when it comes to picking a photographer. I knew her style was exactly what we were looking for — timeless, elegant, light and airy — but it really comes down to how comfortable you feel around them. When we met for the first time for our engagement photos, there was absolutely no awkwardness, and you can tell from the pictures. Wedding day was also a breeze. We had a long list of requested shots, many gathering families together after the ceremony. It was quick and easy for everyone and all of the pictures turned out perfect! Shannon is professional, funny, and extremely talented. We couldn’t have made a better decision.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/30/2019

Shannon is the best!

If you are getting married, you MUST have Shannon!

When I began looking for photographers, I knew I wanted someone who shot film and digital photos. After combing through what seemed like an endless list of photographers, I found Shannon--I knew she would be the one the moment I saw her photos!

Not only is Shannon professional, efficient, responsive, and incredibly talented; she is also creative, kind, fun, and friendly. While working with her, she put us at ease (we were not accustomed to being in front of the camera) and made us laugh like we were all old friends.

Shannon went above and beyond to personalize our experience and produced some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen! Shannon truly creates fine art with her work and she captured our wedding in ways I never could have imagined. There is no one I would have rather worked with. I cannot sing her praises highly enough!

It was a joy to work with her and I consider Shannon a friend for life!

A million thank yous to Shannon!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!

I am so, so happy I used her for both our engagement photos and our destination wedding. Destination weddings can definitely involve a lot of guesswork since you're planning from afar, but Shannon is such a great photographer, I had 100% faith and trust in her. She researched our venue and found a ton of great photo spots ahead of time, so on the day of the whole process went very smoothly. We just got our wedding photos and they are a dream!! Gorgeous photography aside, I must also say that Shannon was a HUGE hit with all of our bridal party and guests. She was so funny and fun to work with; everyone was seriously having a blast. The day after all of my bridesmaids were going on and on about how much they loved her. When I was looking for photographers, I didn't consider how much their personality can set the tone for your wedding. I'm so glad I decided to go with Shannon, who was so awesome and made our day truly happy and stress-free. I really can't recommend Shannon enough. I wish I could re-do that day over and over again!! Thank you Shannon for everything!!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

The Best Photographer

Selecting Shannon as our wedding photographer was the best thing we did for our wedding. From the first phone call to the last confirmation email for the wedding album, her communication is always timely and friendly. Her amazing energy at my wedding was contagious, and we were so happy to have her there. And although her work really speaks for itself, and I wasn't that worried because of how talented she is, I was so surprised at how beautiful my photos turned out because my groom and I were sweating and squinting under the hot sun. She kept telling us, "Don't worry! I will make you guys look so good!" She really was not joking. She can work miracles. I hope to keep in touch with her not only for future photos, but as a friend because she has such an incredible personality. Hands down, the greatest photographer of all time!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki Harvell · Married on 10/27/2018

The best of the best!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Shannon Moffit will be one of the best wedding decisions you ever make! She is an absolute ROCKSTAR as a photographer (and person)! Shannon was there for Chris and I every step of the way through the wedding planning process. She is responsive and knowledgeable. Shannon is organized and creative and everything you should want in your photographer. The love that Shannon puts into her art is palpable and it shows in her work. I am so thankful that we had such an amazing experience with out photographer and that we will be able to relive our wedding day for years to come through her beautiful pictures!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Liza Manfred · Married on 10/20/2018

So much fun and GORGEOUS photos

Shannon is totally amazing to work with. Her photos are perfect! She never fails to to capture the exact energy and emotion of a moment, and we’re lucky to have her capture these memories for us. She is also a blast to have as a part of the day. Her energy and enthusiasm seamlessly fit into our group, and she is joyful, easy going, organized, and just so much fun! Working with her throughout planning, engagement photos, and the wedding day itself was easy and so enjoyable. We love her and could not recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2018

Shannon is amazing!

Shannon is amazing! We hired Shannon for our Veritas wedding after seeing some of her photographs from other Veritas weddings. Her upbeat attitude and personality on the phone helped to make the decision easy for us! Shannon came up to NYC (where we live) to shoot our engagement photos, and meeting her in person definitely reinforced our decision to hire her for our wedding. She is so organized while still being easy-going, and is so fun to be around. We were impressed with her knowledge and use of film during our engagement shoot, and the photos came out great!
    Since we hired Shannon so far ahead of our wedding, she also was a great resource for questions throughout the process - I reached out to her with questions that ranged from recommendations for vendors she had worked with in the past to what color bridesmaid robes would photograph best.
    Shannon was super organized leading up to our wedding - we discussed all of the important shots that we wanted for our big day, and she built out a timeline and helped us to get organized to make sure she could capture everything.
    Once our wedding finally arrived, it ended up raining the whole day. The timeline got totally thrown off, but Shannon was flexible and was not deterred. We had to push back our first look and switch the location multiple times - I originally really didn't want to have to do the first look inside, but Shannon was so upbeat and positive, and helped to clear out all of the vendors setting up for our event so that we could have a private first look in the ballroom at Veritas. She did an AMAZING job capturing our First Look photos. They were beautiful and the detail of the photos was incredible - you could literally see tears rolling down my cheeks.
    Throughout the rest of the day, Shannon was so willing to go above and beyond to help us capture the images we hoped for from our wedding. She even drove us up to the mountaintop vineyards at Veritas (where we originally hoped to do our First Look) and helped navigate portrait shots through rain and mud.
    We absolutely love all of our photos, and she did a great job of capturing beautiful portrait and ceremony shots combined with fun/silly dance floor and late night shots. We couldn't ask for more! We highly recommend Shannon - not only did she do an amazing job with our photos, but she was so fun and easy to work with!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/02/2018

Shannon did a magnificent job capturing our wedding. I am over a month out from our wedding and still no closer to narrowing down my favorites to blow up and hang in my house.

Shannon and her assistant were absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the day. I am someone who needs my space often; I even built in fifteen minutes every hour or so into my wedding day to take a breather by myself or with my husband. Shannon was unintrusive and a pleasure to be around. She worked seamlessly with our wedding videographer that she had never met and coordinated throughout the day with him to ensure the perfect shots.

Shannon walked through mud, worked in the heat, and through all the mosquitos to ensure she captured all of our favorites spots on our family owned plantation. She did so with a smile on her face and a calmness in her demeanor. She was both able to capture beautifully our wedding portraits but also captured the candid shots that were most important to my husband and me.

While I still haven’t narrowed down the list, I would like to share a few shots that were particularly breathtaking. My husband and I had stepped away from the reception for my hourly breather and we were making faces at each other under the stars and enjoying the moment. She must have snuck up on us and captured a moment that is I think represents the epitome of our relationship.

The most heartstopping photo has to be the candid shot of my grandfather and me dancing. He traveled all the way from Cuba to attend my wedding. Sadly, he passed away two weeks after the wedding. The shot of us dancing and him smiling lovingly will forever be etched into my memory because of her beautiful shot. Thank you for capturing a moment that I will treasure forever.

And lastly, Shannon captured my first look wth my dad and my husband beautifully. You can see the pure joy and excitement radiating out of the photos.

Thank you Shannon for capturing our love, our home, and our wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Z

Zeeshan Kaba · Married on 07/28/2018

Shannon Rocks!

We loved working with Shannon. She has great vision, her photography is second to none, and her execution is top notch. She went above and beyond for us. Our wedding pictures were phenomenal. Her pictures truly made it a weekend we'll never forget!

Sent on 01/09/2019

katie · Married on 06/30/2018

Shannon was one of the best parts of our wedding day. We are so happy with our photos, and loved every minute of working with her. She is so thoughtful, personal, and takes extra time to capture every moment of your special day. She is also helpful in recommending other vendors/answering any general wedding related questions you may have. You will not be disappointed if you hire her!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Casey · Married on 06/23/2018

Shannon was the best. She is not only an incredible photographer, but she is a great listener and did a great job making my husband and I feel calm on our wedding day! She was structured and got the pictures done while remaining calm and making us laugh. The pictures turned out beautifully and my entire family is so happy and grateful that Shannon documented our special day. She is so great with lighting, and was so flexible when we chose to include our dog in the engagement pictures!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 05/05/2018

To start, Shannon is a great person outside of her being an amazing photographer. I am so glad I found her through our videographer, Lovell Productions, for our Montego Bay, Jamaica wedding. They were the best team working together.

To be honest, I feel like I got lucky when I found Shannon! We hit it off on our very first conversation and it felt as if we had been friends for years. She is extremely personable and makes you feel at ease during what seems like “awkward poses”. My husband and I still laugh the same way that Shannon made us laugh during our shoots.

When she sent our wedding photos, I couldn’t believe how beautiful they were when I felt like the humidity of the tropics had completely “flattened” my hair. I was a little nervous to see how the images would come out due to a little bit of rain on our wedding, but the pictures came out even more stunning than I could have ever imagined. Shannon is truly an artist when it comes to capturing photos and her style is elegance with charm.

She also helped me with random questions I had on wedding colors and decor throughout the wedding planning process and made herself available often. Shannon was not only my photographer, but a great resource of information. She shared with me so many different ideas that I had not even thought about. This is something I appreciated SO MUCH during the stressful planning stages.

I highly recommend anyone looking for a photographer to hire Shannon! She is the best!

Sent on 07/03/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

THE best photographer. Worth every penny. Hire her!!!!!!

When I first started looking at wedding vendors, I knew the photography was the most important. It's the part of your day that lives on forever (in addition to the videography). I looked long and hard at so many vendors and chose Shannon for a number of different reasons. 1) She's incredibly talented and shoots multiple mediums (film and digital). 2) She's classically trained so she knows how to pose you for true, beautifully styles portraits in addition to the candids that our generations love 3) she is a PLEASURE to talk to and work with. I love her big laugh and fun personality that makes you comfortable and relaxed while she's working with you. Christian and I could not have been happier with our photos, and many have told us that they are the best they have ever seen from a wedding. They were everything we were hoping for and SO MUCH MORE. She is super thorough and gets to know her couples with different questionnaires, and there's nothing that was left behind on our big day. I'm grateful that Shannon has chosen to share her wonderful talents with the world. We were blessed to work with her. She is worth every penny!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Samantha · Married on 03/03/2018

Shannon is everything you could possibly want and more from a wedding photographer. She has a great eye to create beautiful images, is personable, easy going, and professional. Shannon instantly makes you feel at ease. My (now) husband has a history of looking very uncomfortable in pictures, but Shannon was able to get him to relax and enjoy the experience, resulting in pictures we will treasure forever. Shannon was unobtrusive during our ceremony and reception, but you could always count on her being close should you want a more posed shot. She is able to appropriately assert herself over a large group of people to ensure those big family photos move quickly (and was even able to work with our dog who was a bit excited to be around all of the family at once!). It was our planner's first time working with Shannon, and they raved about how fun and easy she was to work with. Shannon is responsive, organized, enthusiastic, and basically any positive adjective you could attribute to someone in her position! We knew we were in good hands when we hired her, and were even more happy with our choice when seeing the BEAUTIFUL final product.

Sent on 04/04/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I are so grateful for the stunning photos that Shannon took for our engagement and wedding day.

When looking for an engagement/wedding photographer, we knew we wanted someone who specialized in candid photos and would be able to capture the essence of our relationship.

The first time we spoke with Shannon, we knew we wanted her to be with us on the most important day of our life. Shannon is easy to talk to and really understood what we were looking for. She made us comfortable right off the bat and that’s so important considering the time we spent with her on our wedding day.

Shannon is beyond talented. I put all my trust in Shannon and she made our wedding much more than I could ever have dreamed of! Looking at all of our photos brings me back to our wedding day and it brings me so much joy. The photos surpassed our expectations and I cannot wait to share them with our friends and family.

It’s truly remarkable the way Shannon was able to capture so much light in each photo. Candid photography is difficult and Shannon captured everything I wanted, perfectly. Our posed photos were also beautiful.

We are so thrilled with her work and would highly recommend Shannon to anyone who places an emphasis on photos capturing the love, joy and beauty of your wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

Shannon is an amazing photographer! We absolutely love our wedding photos – she did a great job of capturing authentic smiles and emotions that bring me right back to our wedding when I look at our pictures. In addition to the great photos, Shannon was also fantastic to work with. She is incredibly detailed oriented and developed a robust schedule to make sure that I got all the shots I liked. She also made herself available through the planning process as I had ad hoc questions about color and décor. Shannon is the best and I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Shannon Moffit Photography LLC's reply:

Jessica, thank you for this nice review! I loved working with you two and meeting your fun-loving family–I wish you so many years of happiness!!:)

Erin · Married on 07/22/2017

Shannon is the absolute best! Our photos were STUNNING - I am in love with every single picture. Not only does she deliver an amazing product, but she was so responsive and great at communicating throughout the entire wedding planning process. She has my highest recommendation!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Kelley · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Shannon was one of my favorite parts of our wedding! Her upbeat personality brought out the best emotions to capture in our photos! We did an engagement session and 10 hour wedding day session. She even came to the wedding with unique décor items to enhance our “detail” shots! Her photography style is perfect for anyone looking for outdoor shots but her indoor photography was stunning too. We had an indoor candlelit reception and everything turned out great. She also helps to pose you and your guests to optimize every shot. I can’t recommend her enough to anyone looking for professional photography. She is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Our engagement session and wedding experience with Shannon was amazing and we could not recommend her more. She truly cared about us as clients and on a personal level as well. Shannon took the time to discuss every detail and answer any question we had in a timely manner. We are so happy with all of the photos from Shannon that document this time in our life in the way only she can capture. The wedding day seemed like a breeze with how relaxed and carefree she made us feel and we truly believe this showed in our images. Shannon is an amazing person and incredible photographer that we would recommend to any couple!

Sent on 06/13/2017