PO Box 151, Saint Clair, MI 48079 Map · Phone number

About Shanell Photography

Hello, I am Shanell and I absolutely love what I do! I am a mom and and a full time hybrid photographer who has a dream and desire to make every wedding and session the best and better than the last. I strive to keep things creative and not boring. Mentoring with some of the best in this business, I push myself to grow and learn everyday. I am always looking for the opportunity to capture something great for my clients and do what I can to tell your story. One's wedding day can be stressful, but working in this industry for over 11 years doing hair and makeup I had a good idea of that before joining the photography side of things. That experience and knowledge has helped me to help my brides and grooms relax and just enjoy their day. I want all of my clients to have fun, be natural and engage in the ones they love so that they can have the most amazing, raw photographs possible. Nearly a year ago now I decided to take a leap into shooting not only digital photography but shooting film, that is right "old School" film! Film is beautiful, timeless, and authentic. The look of film is like no other, looking romantic and soft with the best skin tones and greenery you've ever seen! The brides that book me fall in love with the look and feel of film almost as much as I have, which makes me giddy. Shooting film has allowed me to look at photography in such a different and real way and I can not wait to photograph the next wedding or session, always seeing my work improve and be bettered by film. I am a Hybrid shooter however so no worries there, I have the best of both worlds!! All digital images that are shot will be matched to look as close to the film shot. Light and airy, romantic, fun and authentic is the best way I would describe my work. The brides I love to work with are fun, loving, and enjoy life. My brides are timeless and classic but excited for new things, also are excited to be friends! I love to chat with my brides about their big days and often help to bring their vision to life, being told I should do wedding planning as well has been mentioned a few times, lol as well. I have great vendor relationships and am always excited to recommend them to my brides to help the process run as smooth as it can!

Follow Shanell Photography on

8d7a1509

43 Reviews for Shanell Photography

Kelly McCarthy · Married on 01/07/2020

Flawless Photography

I think I originally found Shanell on Instagram and fell in love with her amazing pictures. After talking to her on the phone I instantly knew I could trust her to capture my wedding day. I have a family history of lost wedding photos/never receiving photos so I was very excited to hear the ways she makes sure you receive your photos efficiently and has her photos backed up throughout the day. She uses film and digital which results in so many wonderful photos. She is so natural behind the camera and knows the ins and outs of weddings. Beyond doing her job as a photographer she went above and beyond to helped me figure out a timeline, decide earrings day of, place on my veil, and helped organize my large wedding party. Her assistant also did a fabulous job. If you are looking for a photographer stop your search here :)

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2019

Professional and Easy to Work With

Shanell was the perfect choice to capture our wedding day memories. She is the utmost professional and it is apparent that she truly cares about getting the best photos for her clients. She made taking photos fun and we were beyond excited and happy when we received them. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is serious about preserving their wedding day memories.

Sent on 04/29/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Photographer!

Shanell is an AMAZING photographer! She definitely was one of my most important vendors, and she did more than just take photos - she did the little things such as helping me put on my dress, fixing my hair, etc. She did so many things outside of the realm of photography and probably would've been lost without her on our wedding day. She definitely takes charge especially during family photos to make sure we got everything done, and she always wants the best for the bride and groom. She kept us on schedule, which made us super happy. We also did engagement photos with her and I did a boudoir shoot with her as well, and all of our photos have turned out amazing. I cannot wait to get our wedding photos back! She gave us a sneak peek photo the next day! Shanell is very nice, super easy to get a long with but also professional and is knowledgeable in her field. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone! My photographer was the most important detail for me, and I spent months looking for the right one and I am very happy I went with Shanell!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Shanell Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 5300
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5300
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Albums
    Flush Mount
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Film
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Proofs

• PO Box 151 Saint Clair, Michigan, 48079 See on map
    Location of (Shanell Photography)