Santa Barbara Classic Weddings

Santa Barbara, CA View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Patrice Handley, owner of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings, is a non-denominational wedding Officiant serving couples in and around Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez wine country, and Ojai, California. Patrice is an experienced professional who is known for creating warm and personalized wedding ceremonies that represent the modern couple, whether they are traditional, spiritual, religious, interfaith, or a combination of styles. She offers many choices of vows and blessings beforehand to ensure that the ceremony reflects the true beliefs and feelings of each couple. Ceremonies by Patrice Handley are about love and dedication and are often light hearted and full of warmth.

Each unique ceremony created by Patrice is customized from beginning to end. Her fees are reasonable considering all the time and effort dedicated to creating each and every individualized ceremony. Santa Barbara Classic Weddings has four Marriage Ceremony packages to choose from — each comes with continuous availability and support, a beautiful ceremonial marriage certificate, and completion of the marriage license process. For an additional fee, a rehearsal can be added to perfect the big day. Direction on how to obtain a Marriage LIcense and later, the Marriage Certificate, is fully explained. In addition to ceremony services, there are rental items available to enhance a ceremony including:

• Professional PA system w/ microphone and stand
  • Ceremony table w/ tablecloth option
  • Unity candelabra w/ candles

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows

What religious affiliations do you serve?

No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA

What languages do you speak?

English

Doug L. Getting married on 05/01/2023

Patrice is great.

We are so grateful for Patrice's thoughtful words and support at our wedding ceremony. Her guidance and calmness made our wedding exactly what we were hoping for. Over several preliminary phone calls, Patrice guided us through the logistical details of the license process (made additionally complicated due to the pandemic) and collaborated with us on the details of a thoughtful ceremony. Patrice crafted a personal, meaningful ceremony for us which made our wedding day incredibly special. We are so glad we found her!

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Being married during a pandemic can be a daunting experience, but somehow this couple seemed to sail through the process with the same careful, deliberate way they approach most things in life. Getting to know them, although it was long-distance, was a true pleasure...not only because of the planning involved, but because they are really, truly in love with each other's spirits. I am so blessed to have been able to contribute to the beginning of what I see will be an extraordinary marriage!
  • Courtney
    Courtney M. Getting married on 03/02/2023

Wedding Fairytale

Trice perfectly captured our relationship and created a ceremony that really felt like us. One of our favorite experiences leading up to getting married was meeting with Trice and talking to her about marriage and our courtship. We felt so grounded on the big day knowing that she was leading the way and I can't imagine our special day without her!

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

When Courtney & Devin chose Madame Ganna Walska Lotusland in Montecito as the venue for their "micro wedding" I knew we were in for an extraordinary experience envisioned by a couple of tremendous sophistication and graciousness. The fairy tale location in the shaded forest made us all feel we were going back in time, and the tenderness of their vows spoke of an eternal connection. I feel very honored to officiate a wedding of this nature, of a couple who were clearly meant for each other!
    Jaclyn Married on 05/01/2022

Patrice is the best!

Patrice was fantastic to work with! She is very professional and responds quickly to email/phone calls. Patrice was very helpful in sharing different options/ideas for poems, blessings and vow selections. She wrote a ceremony script that was personalized to us and delivered it beautifully. We asked her to keep the ceremony heartfelt but also fun, and she did just that. Patrice has a calming energy, which was very reassuring during the day of our wedding. So many of our guests commented on what a great job she did officiating. Overall, we had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Patrice.

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings's reply:

Actually, I should be thanking Jaclyn & Jeff for including me in such an amazing experience. I say "experience" because their marriage took place at the remarkable Eden Gardens in Moorpark - which is a tropical paradise! As you walk along the winding pathways to the wedding garden (which overlooks a pond), you pass by white peacocks with long glorious tail feathers, as well as huge fountains, aviaries and lawns for gathering together - all surrounded by dense jungle foliage This venue is spectacular and couldn't have been a better place for one of the sweetest couples I've ever known to be married. An unforgettable beginning for two people who deserve the best!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Fareed & Melissa
    24 photos · 05/16/2015

Pricing

ella & louie ella & louie Wedding Florists

Patrice is one of my favorite people to work with on weddings here in Santa Barbara. The ceremony is the most difficult part of the wedding -- to get it right, for the bride and groom, as well as their family and friends, is a gift. On such an important day you want to have a team who are not only professional but also who truly feel joy and gratitude at being part of your day. Patrice is that and more.

Natalie Gelman Natalie Gelman Wedding Musicians

As a musician I perform often at weddings where I don't know the couple that well. I'm always very excited for them but it wasn't until I performed at a wedding where Patrice from Santa Barbara Classic Weddings officiated that I felt really connected to the Bride and Groom. Patrice has a way of telling the couples story and a grace about her that is truly elegant and sincere. It felt like all the words Patrice spoke were tailored just for the couple as they and their families had everything in the ceremony from touching moments full of gratitude and joy to laugh out loud moments with inside jokes and stories. Patrice facilitated a heartfelt and meaningful ceremony from start to finish I hope to work with her on my own wedding one day!

Willa Kveta Photography Willa Kveta Photography Wedding Photographers

Patrice is so heartfelt and such an amazing officiant! I highly recommend her!!!

Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
Location of (Santa Barbara Classic Weddings)

Other vendors in Santa Barbara for your wedding