57 Reviews for Santa Barbara Classic Weddings

Licensed (8)
Civil Union (1)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
57 Santa Barbara Classic Weddings Reviews

Patrice was absolutely wonderful. From day one, she kept constant communication with my wife and I. She also sent us reminders, but also relieved our stress when we realized that we were short on time. During the ceremony, there was a lot of commotion and last minute details that Patrice went over with us. Although time was running short, she had the patience and guided us through everything. As a result, our wedding was perfect and just the way we wanted.

Profile Picture mike, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Patrice, We thank you so much for the wonderful, meaningful and beautiful ceremony you did for us! We were just blown away by how thoughtful your words were. It was very heartfelt, funny and very "us". You definitely have a gift and a sixth sense for this work. We can't thank you enough!

Profile Picture Cara, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination

My husband and I found Patrice through our Photographer and are so glad we did. We received so many compliments about our ceremony and were even asked if we had known Patrice for years. Our ceremony was perfect for us. She got to know us, took into account all of our requests and put together something truly special and amazing. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We found Patrice on the knot. My husband and I were having a wedding outside of our county and went looking into Santa Barbara to get married in their beautiful courthouse. Patrice provided officiant services for that area, and she was exactly what we were looking for! We were having a small wedding of 16 people, something very intimate. We wanted someone that would be able to provide the warmth and capture the intimacy that my husband and I were looking for. Patrice was so sweet from the very beginning of our phone meetings! We were very comfortable with her! We didn't actually get to meet her in person till the day of, but she was just as pleasant in person as she was over the phone. She was also very awesome in handling our crying fur-baby, Marley. It didn't seem to phase her at all! She stayed focus to our ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture tiffany, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice Handley was our wedding officiant for our intimate ceremony at the Santa Barbara courthouse gardens in early November. Our wedding day was magical and memorable, and Patrice played a role in making this so. Patrice is a delightful lady who takes the time to get to know the bride and groom well so she can truly personalize the ceremony with heartfelt words and readings for the couple. I consulted several officiants before selecting Patrice for our wedding, and we're so pleased we went with her. As it turns out, in speaking to a work colleague, I learned that she too had Patrice as her officiant a few years ago, which was further reassurance that we selected the right person to be part of our special day.

Profile Picture Vicki, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

My now husband and I were married on the beach in Santa Barbara. We had interviewed a few officiants before finding Patrice, but I tell you, from the first conversation on the phone, I knew she was the right one. I feel so fortunate to have had Patrice officiate our marriage. It was more than that though. She casually interviewed us on the phone and you could tell she had a true knack for this type of thing. She asked questions that made my heart melt when my fiancé told her his response. She asked about our love story. She was able to take what she learned about us and turn in into such a great ceremonial intro. Then, she helped us choose ceremonial readings that represented us. She really is just a lovely person! Can’t speak high enough of our officiant!

Profile Picture Kerstin, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Patrice Handley of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings was the perfect choice for our wedding officiant. She took the time before the wedding to really get to know us, our story and everything to make our day special. The format of our service was so meaningful and really spoke to who we are and what is important to us. It was like she was related to us and really gave the ceremony such a personal and sentimental touch that made it so right. All of our family and friends who attended mentioned how exceptional Patrice was and how much our ceremony format and words felt so perfect for who we are. Patrice has tremendous attention to detail. She is very heartfelt and thoughtful and truly cares about us and our day. She made the biggest day of our lives a dream come true and we really can't thank her enough. We wish we could do it all over again, it was that incredible!! THANK YOU, Patrice!

Profile Picture josephine, 7/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Santa Barbara Classic Weddings with Patrice is an amazing company with a phenomenal woman at its head. If your looking for an Officiant who is caring, personal, professional and affordable (she should actually charge more) hire Patrice! She made our day so special and gave us the exact ceremony that we chose, it was intimate and warm with a touch of the "official" stuff. Perfect in every way! Thank you so much Patrice.

Profile Picture Kelei, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed

Patrice Handley of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings is a wonderful person and the perfect choice if you are looking for a wedding officiant in Santa Barbara! She responded within hours to our first email and we knew from the start she was the person we wanted to work with. We only had a few weeks to plan our wedding and Patrice guided us through every step. She talked with us over the phone to really got to know both of us and helped us when we wanted to write our own vows! She always responded the same day, was always available for phone calls and really made us feel like we were almost family. So friendly, warm and kind! Every time I felt a bit stressed about my vows or anything else, she would reassure me and promise that everything would work out! We got married at the Santa Barbara Courthouse which is an amazing location, to begin with. Patrice did an amazing job during our ceremony and really took the time to tell our story, share our blessings, include our family members (who flew out from overseas) and let us say our vows. I was so nervous that I put the ring on my husband's wrong finger and she made a funny joke about it which made it all funny. :-)
After the ceremony, Patrice gave us a book of our ceremony - even though that wasn't part of our package. She really made our most special day even more special. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, Patrice! Mirjam & James

Profile Picture Mirjam, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice was amazing! We were struggling to find an officiant who was a good fit, then we happened upon Patrice (Three weeks before the wedding)! Even with such a short timeframe and from a different city, we were able to have a consult with Patrice over the phone and share all about ourselves. She was able to answer all our questions and put together an absolutely amazing ceremony! Her personality was so kind and words amazing to here on or big day - she just made everything so special and perfect. One of the kindest people I have ever met. We loved it and so did our guests. I would honestly recommend Patrice Handley to anyone - we just can't say enough great things about her!

Profile Picture Matt, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice Handley and Santa Barbara Classic Weddings was recommended to us by our photographer and we could not have been more happy. We met with Patrice over the phone and had a wonderful conversation where she offered great ideas and provided many options for how our ceremony could work. After doing some of our own homework we selected a few poems and prayers and our vows. We made a few edits to some of the suggestions presented and discussed our selections with Patrice. She really took time to get to know us and incorporated our story into the ceremony. She walked us through the entire ceremony end to end and was very patient with us, answering all of our questions and offering suggestions. She was very reassuring, even up to the last minute when we thought we may need to make venue changes due to the weather. Fortunately, the weather cooperated and turned out to be a beautiful day.
From there she conducted the most amazing and beautiful ceremony we could ever imagine. After the ceremony, Patrice presented us with a folder with our Marriage certificate and a gift booklet of our ceremony! Many of our guests commented on what an amazing job Patrice did, capturing our spirit, putting it into beautiful words, and making our ceremony so personal and special. We can’t thank Patrice enough for making our wedding so special for our guests and us, and a day we will reflect on, as the best ever start to the rest of our lives together. If you are looking for a real professional with a huge heart to officiate your ceremony, you found it in Patrice.

Profile Picture Lee, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Through our wedding planning, Patrice was more than an officiant- she became a friend. At our first meeting, she was warm and welcoming, and made a true effort to get to know me and my husband. This was especially reflected when she helped us shape our vows and ceremony pieces for the day. She made herself available by email or phone, and I recall my husband calling her the morning of the wedding because he had some last-minute questions about repeating his vows. I talked to Patrice that morning too, and she reassured us that everything would be wonderful and beautiful, and it was. We are very appreciative, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Patrice was amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect from an officiant but what ever expectations I had, Patrice surpassed them! I really appreciated Patrice's genuineness, thoughtfulness and experience because they all contributed in making our ceremony beautiful and personal.

Wedding planning, including choosing an officiant and planning the ceremony content, is very daunting but Patrice was very responsive, organized, patient, and encouraging throughout while empowering us to make the content of our ceremony our own. The result was a ceremony that had our family and friends engaged, and a ceremony that felt catered to our story.

After our first meeting, I knew she was going to do a wonderful job. What made the ceremony great was the mix of her expertise, the tenderness in her tone of voice, and how she worded every part of it with a focus on my spouse and me.

She gave us many ideas, provided samples, and guided us as we included personalized touches, including making part of the ceremony in Spanish. The contents of the ceremony were beautiful and I thank her so much for making our ceremony truly ours.

We received multiple compliments about the ceremony, content, length and even on Patrice’s tone of voice.

A wedding ceremony is one of the few sacred moments in your life, if you're looking for an officiant, you should meet with Patrice!

Profile Picture Omar, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Civil Union, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

We really enjoyed working with Patrice and she was very thorough from the very first time I contacted her for inquiry. During our consultation she asked us many questions to help make the ceremony personal which I really appreciated. It ended up raining on our wedding day and as I was overwhelmed with bridal things I was so relieved when Patrice called me to say she had taken it upon herself to contact our venue and figure out a plan B to wed in the rain. She did it without being asked and I am not sure what we would have done without her!

Profile Picture User6634764, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Let me start by saying that Patrice is an all around wonderful person. Some people are born with talents, but Patrice is off the charts talented for officiating weddings. I guess this review is more like a thank you note for Patrice. So I just wanted to take a few minutes to extend our gratitude from both my newly wedded bride and I for all your support and help all along the way until the day of our wedding. We are extremely grateful and completely satisfied with the level of professionalism and service you provided. Our wedding couldn't have turned as beautiful as it did without you. Weeks later, our guests can't stop talking about how enjoyable and beautiful our wedding ceremony was. Thanks a million for making our wedding planning more enjoyable rather then stressful, for taking the time get to know us personally and for writing all those wonderful things you said in our ceremony. My wife and I are profoundly grateful for everything, thank you.

Profile Picture Gus, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Where do I begin? Book Patrice to be your Wedding officiant now! From our first phone conversation we knew she was something special, after meeting in person you could feel all of her loving emotions. She talked to us about our life together, why we love one another, how we met etc.. Once we received our first draft of the wedding ceremony we were beyond impressed by how she put all those special details into our ceremony like she had known us our entire relationship. During the preparations she was nothing but helpful, responded promptly and answered every question with perfect detail. This was my first wedding and we got married in the Mural room at the Santa Barbara court house, so I had a lot of “what do I do?’ questions. Our ceremony was my favorite part of my wedding day, not only because I got to marry my husband but because Patrice spoke all the words like we were the two most important loving people in the word. She really has an aura about her, our wedding guests came up to us after expressing that our wedding ceremony was the most heartfelt, loving beautiful ceremony that had attended. We owe that all to Patrice, if you are lucky enough to have Patrice marry you I would be surprised if you didn’t have the same experience.

Profile Picture Breann, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

I would recommend Patrice Handley of Santa Barbara Classic Weddings a million times over! Darren and I wed at the Mural Room/Santa Barbara courthouse. We were going to initially use a court clerk but decided we wanted a customized ceremony and vows. We interviewed three (3) officiants and all were very lovely but I especially connected with Patrice. She was extremely responsive from our 1st outreach and throughout the process. She was patient and flexible for Darren and I live in different countries and Patrice was awesome about coordinating a conference call for all of us to speak and even with the small time delays in the call- she didn't skip a a beat. She asked questions about us but it never felt like an interview- it was a casual conversation with laughter, understanding and an instant connection. She suggested different things for us to think on that the other officiants hadn't and the option to create a lovely ceremony book was a great personal touch. Budget wise, Patrice was right in the middle of the officiants we interviewed so i felt comfortable we were getting a great service. Patrice came across as truly invested in the couple's she worked with and thus it was an easy decision.

I cant emphasize Patrice's patience with us changing our vows and resubmitting to her! but also her patience as we navigated through the wonderful readings, poems and ceremony options she provided and she was really lovely and flexible to use items i'd researched and wanted to use. We had an idea of how we wanted the ceremony to go but again Patrice really helped us navigate and shape the ceremony more. in the end, it was so amazingly beautiful- exceeding my expectations! most people think an elopement will be very simple and without the frills but Darren and I really wanted a special celebration of our love- even if it was just the two of us and Patrice understood that and in the end, shaped a most incredible ceremony- truly words cant articulate how grateful i am

Profile Picture Crystal, 9/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I can't recommend Patrice highly enough. We wanted to get married in California as part of a trip to the US from England. We had a couple of problems understanding the arrangements and were in a fix worrying about how to sort everything out. To put it simply: Patrice came to our rescue. She got back to me straight away from my initial inquiry and helped me understand how to sort out arrangements to get married in Santa Barbara and what I needed to do. For the ceremony Patrice spend time with us on the phone from the UK before we came over; she took the time to understand us, our relationship, how likes and how we wanted our day to go. From this she prepared the most beautiful ceremony that reflected everything we wanted and which brought a tear to our eyes and a smile to our faces. We were visiting with just our 2 sons and ourselves and driving around California for a holiday-come-wedding-come-honeymoon - as such we needed a witness and a photographer (and help arranging flowers), Patrice helped provide all of these. Her attitude, care and attention to detail really mark her out.

Profile Picture Malcolm, 8/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Patrice is, quite simply, the most wonderful wedding officiant any couple could hope for. My husband and I are in complete agreement that Patrice's impeccably warm, gracious, and professional manner was a treasured highlight of our intimate elopement ceremony in Santa Barbara this past July. Hiring a stranger to play a prominent role in what is a very personal and emotional experience can be an overwhelming process. How do you decide from an on-line profile?? And yet, from my first conversation with Patrice, I knew she would be perfect for us. Her experience and grace were evident in the kindness of her tone and her well-designed questions. She deftly discovered what was important to us about our wedding and the feelings we have for each other and our relationship. It was clear that Patrice's goal was to do all she could to make our moment exactly what we wanted it to be. And she succeeded masterfully. We were delighted to be joined in marriage by someone who felt like a lovely new friend, one who was as joyful at our happiness as we were.
I urge you to see if she is available for your date. It will be the best decision you make for your ceremony.

Profile Picture User5366406, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice is amazing!!! Patrice officiated our wedding ceremony last month and she did such a phenomenal job!! She crafted a gorgeous, touching and personal ceremony that everyone is still talking about. We met with Patrice a few months before our ceremony and it was such a joy spending time with her and getting to know each other. She took a genuine interest in our relationship and put together the most beautiful ceremony :) After our meeting she provided us with readings and vows to pick and choose from. After this she sent us a full draft that we could alter any way we wanted to. She did such an amazing job we didn't have any changes!! She really got us!! My husband and I are both secular and did not write our own vows, so were nervous about how our personalities and love would be captured in the ceremony. Patrice did such an amazing job of creating such a personal and meaningful ceremony. I cannot rave enough about Patrice!!! She was always available to us in the planning process which was so helpful. She also gives you a beautiful book that contains your ceremony word for word that we will treasure forever. Thank you, Patrice for such an incredible and meaningful ceremony!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice is absolutely amazing! My wife and I highly recommend Patrice.

From the very first conversation we had Patrice took a genuine interest in our relationship and in learning about us. She took the time to customize a ceremony that fit our personalities and interests. And, did I mention she did all this on very (very!) short notice? Patrice went out of her way to make our wedding day truly memorable. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted (even if we couldn't totally describe it ourselves beforehand).

In addition, Patrice went above and beyond by helping us secure a last minute change in venue when the weather report showed that our beach elopement was going to be hampered by cold and drizzly weather.

We cannot say enough about how critical Patrice was to our amazing day. Thank you Patrice!

-Alejandro and Sandy

Profile Picture User5113154, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice was awesome! My husband and I met with Patrice shortly after our engagement and we knew immediately that she was perfect. She crafted a beautiful ceremony and provided us with a written keepsake version for us to keep. Her kind demeanor set the perfect tone for our special day. I would highly recommend Patrice!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Our son and his fiance wanted a small but nice civil ceremony and we found Santa Barbara Classic Weddings and Patrice Handley through an online search. She had wonderful review comments. Patrice treated us so kindly and calmly. She took the time to get to know our son and his fiance and then so beautifully incorporated these details into the ceremony. Patrice suggested the Santa Barbara Historic Courthouse, which was a beautiful venue. We found a wonderful spot under a giant magnolia tree on the grounds. We are so thankful we found Patrice for this most special occasion. She made things so much easier for all of us. Thanks so much.

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Patrice was such a fabulous officiant! She is an intuitive person who easily grasped the qualities in our relationship that make us unique. As two working professionals with little extra time, she was also very patient in working with us. We had a phone meeting and two in person meetings and were able to form a connection very quickly. Patrice is down to earth and centered; she is happy and positive, but also wise and grounded. Honestly, she was so absolutely wonderful, it is hard to put into words!

Profile Picture User3427781, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews