1319 G Shepard DR, Sterling, VA 20164 Map · Phone number

Real Weddings 7 Photos

264 Reviews for Rick's Flowers

Megan P. · Married on 11/23/2019

Beautiful!

Rick’s Flowers was included in the list of potential florists we received from our wedding planner (Pollyanna Events) and our caterer had very good things to say about Rick (Purple Onion Catering), as he had done many weddings at our venue (Top of the Town). We liked his website, he laid out what wedding flowers could look like considering different budgets. We didn’t know where to begin to estimate what wedding flowers cost for a wedding our size, in our season, at our venue. Rick’s website helped us get an idea of what we would like for flowers and what we would like to pay. We met with him, having made the appointment through his very helpful manager, Arlene. Our wedding was going to be in November and I had a few Pinterest ideas on my phone. He took one look at them and told us that so many couples getting married in the fall love these specific burgundy flowers and that they cost a certain amount per stem; he let us know that the bouquet I had pinned on Pinterest was going to cost about $600. Based on our reaction, he gave us great alternatives. He didn’t try to upsell us. He was honest and creative. He educated us as to what seasonal flowers really meant. He showed us pictures of what he thought would look best in our venue. We took a leap of faith and went with precisely what he suggested. My bouquet was gorgeous, and the room looked beautiful. What he suggested that made such a difference, and what I would like to share with all couples planning their weddings, is that when it comes to votives, more is more. He advised us not to do the traditional four votives at each round, we used nine or twelve. The room just glowed. People commented on how lovely the atmosphere was. Rick gave us a quote for the votives and it was reasonable, but I could save a little by ordering them myself on Amazon. We did save some money, about 20%, but we had to store them until the wedding, deliver them to the venue, and arrange for their disposal, as well as taking them all of the shipping boxes, cleaning them up and removing the broken ones. In hindsight, we should have just paid a little more and Rick would’ve handled all of that. We highly recommend Rick’s Flowers. He and Arlene took wonderful care of us and we were very happy with the service, the cost, and the end result.

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Larissa

Larissa Rimm · Married on 11/01/2019

Go with him! amazing work! Budget friendly!

Def bang for your buck and the flowers were amazing. He knows what he's doing and was our cheapest option. To be honest his flowers were better then the over prices guys. Go with him and I promise you won't regret it.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Rick's Flowers's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with Larissa on her fall wedding. We were able to stay at her price point and deliver beautiful bouquets , altar designs and centerpieces on her special wedding day. Our team even helped with setting up our florals mixed with vintage candleholders picked out by the bride.
    Have a Happy ever after.....
    Rick

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly recommend!

I had a great experience with Rick's Flowers for my October wedding. I didn't have a very set idea of what I was looking for, but when my mom and I went in for a consultation, Rick was really helpful in giving us options and ideas. He had worked with my venue (Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast) frequently and knew exactly what we would need. He even gave us some tips on how to use the venue most effectively based on his experience. I left the meeting trusting that he would create arrangements that captured the fall, outdoor, laid-back feeling we were going for. Throughout the process, Rick and Arlene were both very responsive and helpful anytime we had questions or changes to make. On the day of the wedding, everything looked beautiful! I was thrilled with how everything turned out- from barrel arrangements to arch flowers to centerpieces to bouquets. I would highly recommend working with Rick's Flowers!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Rick's Flowers's reply:

Dear Sarah,
    Everyone here had a wonderful time working on your wedding floral's. We all loved how they came together to set a beautiful day for a beautiful bride. Have a Happy ever after.
    Rick

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Rick's Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 13.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 65.00
    $ 185.00
    $ 2500
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Country
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Preppy
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Flower Petals
    Non-Floral
    Single Flowers

• Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant Wedding Officiants

Rick's puts his heart and soul in his floral designs. They are always so creative and beautiful. When I arrive to officiate for a wedding I might not always see Rick but I know when he has been there creating beauty. From the table scapes, bridal bouquet, attendant's bouquets, mother's flowers and boutonnieres everything is beyond beautiful.

• Connie's Cake Creations Wedding Cakes

Extremely creative floral designer!

• 8 Chains North Winery Winery Weddings

Rick's Flowers provides wonderful service. Their floral arrangements are exquisite, he is always smiling and going above and beyond. We recommend him to our brides and for any other event.

• 1319 G Shepard DR Sterling, 20164 See on map
    Location of (Rick's Flowers)