Engagement
Shoot included

About Richard Barlow Photography

Dramatic, artful, documentary-style photography. Weddings, portraiture, commercial.

Modern, documentary-style wedding, portrait, and fine art photography.

Richard Barlow is a documentary-style wedding photographer based in Raleigh, North Carolina where he lives with his wife, Samantha, and two little girls, Ella and Madelyn, and son Jack. With a background in Architecture and Fine Art Photography, Richard brings a unique point of view and strong sense of scale and proportion to wedding photography. Starting in 2007, Richard toured and showed his work in juried art festivals across NC, and quickly transitioned to portrait photography. In 2009, Richard began photographing weddings with his first contracted wedding getting the cover shot of Cape Fear Bride Magazine. Richard has since photographed weddings from New England to the Caribbean and everywhere in between.

His calm demeanor and quick sense of humor has served him well in diffusing a stressful bride (and family) on her wedding day. This ease has made for strong and long-lasting relationships with most of his clients and has resulted in most of his clients coming from referrals. Richard loves shooting weddings. He can ‘poof’ a dress, pin boutonnieres, dry dripping bouquets, and keep up with all the movie quotes the groomsmen can dish out.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Toning (3)
Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Trash The Dress (1)

Even if you weren't my brother, I would have hired you to be our photographer! Everything was beyond perfect, beyond our expectations, and just spot on. I love every single picture with my whole heart. I cannot thank you enough for capturing a day I surely thought I'd never have, but I found my true love after all. It was great to have fun with the pictures, because you know we can't be serious, and not feel posed and stiff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much! All potential clients reading this review--HIRE HIM! You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard is the best! He came all the way from North Carolina to Austin, Texas to be apart of our big day. Richard is so relaxed and professional, but assertive and lets you know how to stand and what to do (which is great for non-models like us !). I think my favorite part of working with Richard is how excited he gets when he takes a great shot, it really shows that he loves what he does ! The photos are incredible, beautiful, and really capture all of the special and crazy moments of the whole wedding day! I would hire him over and over again ! I highly recommend him for your wedding and beyond!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/17/17, 5 Reviews

Proofs
Save the Date
7 AWARDS

8 ENDORSEMENTS
Richard is an amazing photographer! His attention to details and his ability to capture the vision the couple communicated is exceptional. I highly recommend Richard Barlow Photography to any couple that wants to capture their love story through photos!

Richard is always the best to work with! He does amazing photography and is also just a great guy! Our DJs love working with him and look forward to every event they do with him.

We have had the pleasure of working with Richard Barlow Photography several times. Richard is both professional and creative. We always look forward to seeing his work.

Richard has an amazing energy and delightful attitude. He can put any bride at ease. He's incredibly respectful and professional. He was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working together again in the future. Highly recommend!

Richard has captured quite a few weddings at our place and is always a pleasure to work with. He understands the importance to getting the right shots for the happy couple and also aligning himself with the flow of the event. Richard is professional and has a calming demeanor that many of couples appreciate on such a busy day.

Events

3508 Spring Willow Place, Raleigh, NC 27615   See On Map
252-258-8976 (phone)
Richard Barlow Photography is a wedding photographer from Raleigh, NC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Coastal North Carolina, Eastern US, and Worldwide. Richard Barlow Photography is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the Eastern Mid-Atlantic wedding industry for 5 years. We specialize in dramatic, artful, documentary-style wedding photography.