73 Reviews for Richard Barlow Photography

Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Trash The Dress (1)
73 Richard Barlow Photography Reviews

Even if you weren't my brother, I would have hired you to be our photographer! Everything was beyond perfect, beyond our expectations, and just spot on. I love every single picture with my whole heart. I cannot thank you enough for capturing a day I surely thought I'd never have, but I found my true love after all. It was great to have fun with the pictures, because you know we can't be serious, and not feel posed and stiff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much! All potential clients reading this review--HIRE HIM! You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard is the best! He came all the way from North Carolina to Austin, Texas to be apart of our big day. Richard is so relaxed and professional, but assertive and lets you know how to stand and what to do (which is great for non-models like us !). I think my favorite part of working with Richard is how excited he gets when he takes a great shot, it really shows that he loves what he does ! The photos are incredible, beautiful, and really capture all of the special and crazy moments of the whole wedding day! I would hire him over and over again ! I highly recommend him for your wedding and beyond!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Highly, highly recommended! Richard was calm, pleasant, and so efficient with time! My portrait session was easy on me (even when I got too hot) and he was able to get some absolutely phenomenal shots. On the wedding day, he and his assistant were great. I am so happy with all of the moments he captured that will allow us to cherish our wedding day and all of the people who were there to celebrate with us - forever! We had photos before the ceremony, during, after, outdoors, and then at the reception. Every photo turned out SO WELL!! You will definitely be pleased with his incredibly talented artistry - indoors or outdoors.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very much enjoyed working with Richard Barlow. He is a wonderful, talented photographer, and goes above and beyond to make each clients sessions special. I was lucky enough to meet him when my friend booked him for boudoir photos and then again assisting with wardrobe changes for my sisters snow session earlier this year. His keen eye, professionalism, and ability to make each session relaxing and fun was more than I could ask for. Richard conducted our engagement, bridal, getting ready day of, ceremony, and reception pictures. Can’t wait to work with him in the future!!!

Profile Picture Melinda, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazingly talented Photographer. Richard caught memories that can never be duplicated. I’m so thankful that he was able to capture the best day ever.

Profile Picture Chrissy, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I first met Richard at the wedding of my best friend several years ago. He was super easy to work with, he put all of the bridesmaids and the bride at ease, and his photographs were lovely. When we started planning our wedding he was the first vendor I called. He worked with me to create a package that was within our budget. We just got all of our photos back yesterday and they're so great! Now that my husband has seen the pro photos he's started saying things like "we should do a shoot every year" which was a foreign concept to him before the wedding.

Photos
Profile Picture User7943256, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard is an immensely talented photographer and all-around awesome person! We hired him to be our wedding photographer after we saw a preview shot he posted from a friend's wedding. The photo was stunning, and as soon as I saw it I knew he was "the one." I emailed Richard at midnight and by the time I woke up at 6am he had already responded and sent me multiple online albums to peruse for wedding venues similar to ours. I was convinced, based on the magazine-quality of the photos, that there would be no way we could afford him. I was stunned when I looked over his photo packages to discover he was *cheaper* than all the other photographers we interviewed!

We got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina, NC, and ours was the first wedding he shot there. After talking with him in person over coffee, he met us at Highgrove for an open house so that we could walk the grounds together and start getting ideas - all of this on his own time and at no additional charge. Richard has a way of putting you at ease. He's a very laid back guy, and that's exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. In the months leading up to the wedding, he happily and promptly responded to emails we sent him about the day-of timeline and shot lists. On the day of the wedding, we hit a couple of bumps, namely an hour-long power outage at our reception. Still, Richard got some amazing shots and he reminded us that it's the "rocky" moments that make for great stories. And he even saved the day with his Bluetooth speaker so that our guests could keep dancing in the dark! ;)

We received around 40 preview shots within a week of the wedding and all of our photos about 7 weeks later. Our photos are gorgeous!! They are such treasures for us to enjoy for years to come. We continue to receive so many compliments!

I would HIGHLY recommend Richard for all of your photography needs! I know we plan to make him the official family photographer and look forward to working with him again!

Profile Picture Meggan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina, NC, and ours was the first wedding he shot there. After talking with him in person over coffee, he met us at Highgrove for an open house so that we could walk the grounds together and start getting ideas - all of this on his own time and at no additional charge. Richard is a very laid back guy, and that's exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. On the day of the wedding, we hit a couple of bumps, namely an hour-long power outage at our reception due to a fast and furious thunderstorm. Still, Richard got some amazing shots and he reminded us that it's the "rocky" moments that make for great stories. And he even saved the day with his Bluetooth speaker so that our guests could keep dancing in the dark!

I would HIGHLY recommend Richard for all of your photography needs! I know we plan to make him the official family photographer and look forward to working with him again.

Profile Picture Meggan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were so glad to work with Richard for both our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. He provided quality service and professionalism. He was flexible and accommodating, and also provided us with guidance when needed. He is relaxed and easy-going, which helped to make our wedding day run smoothly and kept everyone calm. His photos are beautiful with amazing high-def quality. He comes highly recommended! You can't go wrong working with Richard!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Richard exceeded our expectations. From the moment we first met him (and walked away saying "we really like this guy") to the finished product of our wedding pictures, he was wonderful.

The quality and spread of our wedding pictures is phenomenal- he got every detail and captured some great moments. He is easy to work with and put my bridesmaids and I at ease. We also got a second shooter through him who was very helpful in getting those extra shots/angles.

I would recommend Richard to anyone in a heartbeat- he's professional, reliable, and super-talented!

Profile Picture Suma, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Richard was the best person we could have chosen to capture our wedding day. He was extremely professional, kind, and helpful both leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day. He made us feel completely comfortable at all times and this can be seen in the amazing photographs that he took. We did our first look, bridal party, and family photos prior to the ceremony and reception. Richard helped make this process both fun and efficient. He was well organized and helped us get pictures that we wanted and some amazing ones we didn't even know were taken. During the ceremony and reception, Richard was a true professional. He took incredible photographs to capture each moment and was able to make himself blend in. We would highly recommend Richard photograph any special event that you may have planned. We were lucky to have him and truly consider him a friend.

Profile Picture Daniel, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Richard was a dream to work with! He provides such a relaxed environment that you fell totally at home! He did my engagement, bridal and wedding pictures and they all turned out incredibly beautiful! He is so creative and captures moments you would never think of! He is truly talented and his personality makes it even better to work with him!

Profile Picture Jackie, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Booking Richard was one of the best choices I made as a bride!

His laid back and light hearted attitude are perfect for wedding day stress. Even more, he is incredibly talented and the composition, colors, and light in his photos were exactly what we wanted. We are so excited to fill our home with wedding day photos :)

Profile Picture Laura, 10/1/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas

After working with Richard over the past year, I could not imagine our engagement and wedding being captured by anyone else. Early on in the wedding planning process, my husband and I decided photography would be one of the most important aspects of our wedding celebrations. I was instantly drawn to Richard's unique documentary style of photography; his pictures can be soft and feminine, bold and vibrant, or some artfully juxtaposed combination of the two. Upon meeting him, my husband immediately loved Richard's calm demeanor and professional yet laidback approach. We were so comfortable working with Richard, he put us at ease and made us laugh during those first few awkward moments of a photoshoot.

His vision is incredible and his photographs are remarkable. He is always willing to take a risk for a good photo and he proved that over and over on our wedding day. His style makes you feel like he's telling a story through pictures. Richard was extremely punctual, responsive, accommodating, and flexible. He has competitive prices for his astonishingly high quality of work. He has become a friend over the past year and we would love to have him capture more big moments in our future.

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Toning

I cannot say enough about Richard and the amazing work he did for our wedding! Though his portfolio speaks for itself, after meeting Richard we knew he was the right photographer for us based on his willingness to go out of his way to meet with us in person and his friendly and professional demeanor when we got together. Throughout the planning process Richard was always accessible and extremely responsive. On his suggestion, I created and shared a Pinterest board with him to keep him up-to-date on the types of photos I envisioned for my bridals and our wedding day, which was such an easy and efficient way to stay in touch. I wavered back and forth on whether I wanted to do bridals, because I am not one who likes to be in front of the camera solo, but on the day of my shoot Richard helped me find my inner model, I loved every second and the photos turned out amazing! As our July wedding day approached I was concerned about finding a beautiful, but shady spot for our first look. Richard, again, went out of his way to meet me and walk through our site to make a game plan. Doing this put me as so much ease in the last few weeks of planning! On our wedding day Richard was a joy to work with. It was just like having another friend/family member around as we went about our wedding day business. He did an excellent job of coordinating our large wedding party for group photos, not an easy task! When we got our photos back from Richard I was awestruck. He truly captured every moment that mattered (and the moments we didn’t even know happened!) from start to finish. From the cocktail napkins to the glow stick dance floor party, he didn’t miss a beat. Our photos perfectly tell the story of our wedding day and we will truly cherish them forever. We are so grateful to Richard and the role he played in making our wedding day go so smoothly and being the one to capture the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Photographs are such an important part of the wedding planning process --and perhaps more importantly, you are entrusting the person behind the camera lens to document your special moment to cherish for the years to come. Richard not only has a unique talent for capturing beautiful moments, but he is extremely accommodating and all-around awesome!

My husband and I met Richard at the Crank Arm Brewery in downtown Raleigh (Richard's treat for our first meeting!), shortly after contacting him. We were impressed by his professionalism and genuine kindness -- he knows how important your wedding is to you and wants to make sure you have a fantastic experience. Richard made our engagement and wedding day sessions completely comfortable, fun, and calm and maintains a professionalism that is worth your investment! We plan on staying in touch as we make new memories with our family. Once you meet him, you can understand why so many of his clients stay in touch with him! : )

Profile Picture Carolyn, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Richard for our wedding day photography. From our first meeting to our subsequent email correspondence leading up to our wedding, Richard was always responsive, attentive, detail-oriented, and accommodating to our questions and needs (and we asked him many, many questions and he addressed every one of them). We wanted someone who is not only an expert at his craft, but also professional, organized, communicative yet laid back, reassuring, and easy to work with. We wanted someone who would blend into the background and make creative decisions so we wouldn't have to worry about the logistics on our big day, someone who we can trust to capture the special, authentic moments of our wedding, and Richard exceeded every one of these expectations. Richard's prices are also very reasonable for such high quality work and service. We happily recommend Richard to anyone looking for a superb photographer for any event!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard was awesome to work with. He is funny and laid back and all of my bridesmaids loved him! He had great suggestions for photo op venues. My pictures turned out fabulous, and my only problem is going to be choosing which shots to include in my photo album! I would recommend Richard to any of my friends, family, acquaintances, etc. who are looking for a great photographer for their event. If I need a photographer for any other events in the future, I know who I'm going to call! Thank you for capturing all of the wonderful moments before, during, and after my wedding. I will cherish my photos!

Profile Picture Robin, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard Barlow did a wonderful job at our wedding as our photographer. He caught all the key moments on camera, and we are very pleased and thankful for his work! He is both professional and friendly.

Profile Picture Chanson, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Digital Files

I cannot say enough about Richard and his talent!! I am his second shooter for weddings and was fortunate enough to have him capture our special day. He did not hold back and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! The great thing about Rich is that he gets to know each of his clients and it makes people so much more comfortable posing for pictures. There is something so special about his eye for details, angles, light... he just knows exactly how to capture your vision for your big day!

Profile Picture Mandy, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Richard came highly recommended to my fiancé and I from multiple friends for wedding photography. Not only was he such a pleasure to work with , he was able to capture every moment and some of our special day ! Richard has a talent like no other , and I look forward too using him for years to come ! Thank you Richard for our amazing photos!
The Moore's

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I've told him before, and I will tell you now.... Richard Barlow is my spirit animal. His work is magical. Beyond that, he kept me calm on my wedding day and made my HUSBAND feel comfortable in front of a camera (which is a miracle.) He made recommendations for every detail I asked for his input on, including helping me make last minute decisions when it rained on our wedding day. I cannot imagine a better photographer. Mandy (his assistant) was amazing too!!! We love Richard and how he captured the enchanted moments between us. Clients for life.

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I literally could not have asked for a more fabulous photographer. Richard made two separate trips up to MD to do photographs for our engagement and for our wedding. Everyone in the wedding party and each of our wedding vendors commented on how wonderful he was to work. The picture quality and creativity was fabulous and every picture we have posted on social media/shared with family has been admired in awe. We received nearly 1000 perfect photos only 6 weeks after our wedding day that have allowed us all to relive the entire day and enjoy it all over again. It was the most worth-while vendor we hired and we hope to have Richard again for any future photography needs!!

Profile Picture Shana, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Richard is professional, enthusiastic and very talented. He knows his tool very well. Our photos were unbelievably gorgeous. Both Richard and his assistant shooter has a great eye for detail and light. He is equally as skilled in post production. I would recommend this service to my closest friends and family. It was so special to have Richard be a part of our wedding weekend. It seemed he was everywhere at once. We had +200 guests and Richard was able to capture photos of most everyone, if not all of our guests, from the weekend. Richard Barlow Photography will be your best investment for your wedding.

Profile Picture Cecilia, 9/19/15, 1 Review