Richard Barlow Photography Reviews

Richard Barlow Photography 6
Richard Barlow Photography 7
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 05/04/2019

Richard Barlow is amazing!

Richard is an absolutely amazing photographer! From our engagement session, to my bridal portrait session, to our big day, Richard was calm, cool, and collected and captured all of the special moments that you want documented on your wedding day! I plan to use him for additional family photo shoots in the future and we can't wait to work with him again!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Richard Barlow Photography 8
    Richard Barlow Photography 9
    Richard Barlow Photography 10

Lexie · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I have used Richard for photography for the last 3 years. He did my college graduation photos in 2015, and the experience was great, so I had no doubt that he was who I wanted to shoot our wedding and all the special events leading up to it. Richard shot our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and our wedding day, and each set of photos was even more amazing than the last. Each time we worked with Richard we had a great time. He makes the experience fun and relaxing, and always captures amazing shots. And he is an expert at the "dress poof"! We will be hiring Richard in the future for all our celebrations and milestones--there is no one we trust more to capture our special moments.

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Richard Barlow Photography 18
    Richard Barlow Photography 19
    Richard Barlow Photography 20

Cindy · Married on 05/12/2018

Richard Barlow Photography exceeded our expectations for my daughter's wedding on May 12, 2018, in Fayetteville NC! He and his assistant, Kate, were everywhere, and took pains to cover all the moments of the wedding, from start to finish. His knowledge of what to do and where to be allowed us to carry on with the festivities! I would highly recommend him for any event, but especially a wedding! Thank you so much, Richard-the pictures were exceptional-your eye for capturing the smallest detail was amazing!
    Thank you so much!!
    Cindy Collins

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kelsey · Married on 04/20/2018

Hiring Richard was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! We met before the wedding to go over our vision and he took care to get the shots we really wanted and so many more wonderful candids. He was completely unobtrusive during the big moments but still managed to capture beautiful shots. Before, during and after the wedding he was professional and friendly and easy to work with. You definitely want to surround yourself with good vibes on your wedding day and I can't recommend Richard highly enough!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/06/2018

Richard was very easy-going and got along great with everyone in the wedding. His photographs are outstanding and will be cherished for a lifetime. Richard was amazing to work with and we would definitely recommend him for any big event!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Andrea · Married on 11/25/2017

Even if you weren't my brother, I would have hired you to be our photographer! Everything was beyond perfect, beyond our expectations, and just spot on. I love every single picture with my whole heart. I cannot thank you enough for capturing a day I surely thought I'd never have, but I found my true love after all. It was great to have fun with the pictures, because you know we can't be serious, and not feel posed and stiff. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much! All potential clients reading this review--HIRE HIM! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/26/2018

Caitlin · Married on 11/17/2017

Richard is the best! He came all the way from North Carolina to Austin, Texas to be apart of our big day. Richard is so relaxed and professional, but assertive and lets you know how to stand and what to do (which is great for non-models like us !). I think my favorite part of working with Richard is how excited he gets when he takes a great shot, it really shows that he loves what he does ! The photos are incredible, beautiful, and really capture all of the special and crazy moments of the whole wedding day! I would hire him over and over again ! I highly recommend him for your wedding and beyond!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Laura · Married on 10/28/2017

Highly, highly recommended! Richard was calm, pleasant, and so efficient with time! My portrait session was easy on me (even when I got too hot) and he was able to get some absolutely phenomenal shots. On the wedding day, he and his assistant were great. I am so happy with all of the moments he captured that will allow us to cherish our wedding day and all of the people who were there to celebrate with us - forever! We had photos before the ceremony, during, after, outdoors, and then at the reception. Every photo turned out SO WELL!! You will definitely be pleased with his incredibly talented artistry - indoors or outdoors.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Melinda · Married on 10/21/2017

Very much enjoyed working with Richard Barlow. He is a wonderful, talented photographer, and goes above and beyond to make each clients sessions special. I was lucky enough to meet him when my friend booked him for boudoir photos and then again assisting with wardrobe changes for my sisters snow session earlier this year. His keen eye, professionalism, and ability to make each session relaxing and fun was more than I could ask for. Richard conducted our engagement, bridal, getting ready day of, ceremony, and reception pictures. Can’t wait to work with him in the future!!!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Chrissy · Married on 10/14/2017

Amazingly talented Photographer. Richard caught memories that can never be duplicated. I’m so thankful that he was able to capture the best day ever.

Sent on 11/29/2017
  • User7943256 · 1+ year ago

I first met Richard at the wedding of my best friend several years ago. He was super easy to work with, he put all of the bridesmaids and the bride at ease, and his photographs were lovely. When we started planning our wedding he was the first vendor I called. He worked with me to create a package that was within our budget. We just got all of our photos back yesterday and they're so great! Now that my husband has seen the pro photos he's started saying things like "we should do a shoot every year" which was a foreign concept to him before the wedding.

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Richard Barlow Photography 26
    Richard Barlow Photography 27
    Richard Barlow Photography 28

Meggan · Married on 07/08/2017

Richard is an immensely talented photographer and all-around awesome person! We hired him to be our wedding photographer after we saw a preview shot he posted from a friend's wedding. The photo was stunning, and as soon as I saw it I knew he was "the one." I emailed Richard at midnight and by the time I woke up at 6am he had already responded and sent me multiple online albums to peruse for wedding venues similar to ours. I was convinced, based on the magazine-quality of the photos, that there would be no way we could afford him. I was stunned when I looked over his photo packages to discover he was *cheaper* than all the other photographers we interviewed!

We got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina, NC, and ours was the first wedding he shot there. After talking with him in person over coffee, he met us at Highgrove for an open house so that we could walk the grounds together and start getting ideas - all of this on his own time and at no additional charge. Richard is a very laid back guy, and that's exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. On the day of the wedding, we hit a couple of bumps, namely an hour-long power outage at our reception due to a fast and furious thunderstorm. Still, Richard got some amazing shots and he reminded us that it's the "rocky" moments that make for great stories. And he even saved the day with his Bluetooth speaker so that our guests could keep dancing in the dark!

I would HIGHLY recommend Richard for all of your photography needs! I know we plan to make him the official family photographer and look forward to working with him again.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Meggan · Married on 07/08/2017

We got married at Highgrove Estate in Fuquay-Varina, NC, and ours was the first wedding he shot there. After talking with him in person over coffee, he met us at Highgrove for an open house so that we could walk the grounds together and start getting ideas - all of this on his own time and at no additional charge. Richard has a way of putting you at ease. He's a very laid back guy, and that's exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. In the months leading up to the wedding, he happily and promptly responded to emails we sent him about the day-of timeline and shot lists. On the day of the wedding, we hit a couple of bumps, namely an hour-long power outage at our reception. Still, Richard got some amazing shots and he reminded us that it's the "rocky" moments that make for great stories. And he even saved the day with his Bluetooth speaker so that our guests could keep dancing in the dark! ;)

We received around 40 preview shots within a week of the wedding and all of our photos about 7 weeks later. Our photos are gorgeous!! They are such treasures for us to enjoy for years to come. We continue to receive so many compliments!

I would HIGHLY recommend Richard for all of your photography needs! I know we plan to make him the official family photographer and look forward to working with him again!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

We were so glad to work with Richard for both our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. He provided quality service and professionalism. He was flexible and accommodating, and also provided us with guidance when needed. He is relaxed and easy-going, which helped to make our wedding day run smoothly and kept everyone calm. His photos are beautiful with amazing high-def quality. He comes highly recommended! You can't go wrong working with Richard!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Suma · Married on 04/22/2017

Richard exceeded our expectations. From the moment we first met him (and walked away saying "we really like this guy") to the finished product of our wedding pictures, he was wonderful.

The quality and spread of our wedding pictures is phenomenal- he got every detail and captured some great moments. He is easy to work with and put my bridesmaids and I at ease. We also got a second shooter through him who was very helpful in getting those extra shots/angles.

I would recommend Richard to anyone in a heartbeat- he's professional, reliable, and super-talented!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Daniel · Married on 03/25/2017

Richard was the best person we could have chosen to capture our wedding day. He was extremely professional, kind, and helpful both leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day. He made us feel completely comfortable at all times and this can be seen in the amazing photographs that he took. We did our first look, bridal party, and family photos prior to the ceremony and reception. Richard helped make this process both fun and efficient. He was well organized and helped us get pictures that we wanted and some amazing ones we didn't even know were taken. During the ceremony and reception, Richard was a true professional. He took incredible photographs to capture each moment and was able to make himself blend in. We would highly recommend Richard photograph any special event that you may have planned. We were lucky to have him and truly consider him a friend.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Jackie · Married on 01/28/2017

Richard was a dream to work with! He provides such a relaxed environment that you fell totally at home! He did my engagement, bridal and wedding pictures and they all turned out incredibly beautiful! He is so creative and captures moments you would never think of! He is truly talented and his personality makes it even better to work with him!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Laura · Married on 10/01/2016

Booking Richard was one of the best choices I made as a bride!

His laid back and light hearted attitude are perfect for wedding day stress. Even more, he is incredibly talented and the composition, colors, and light in his photos were exactly what we wanted. We are so excited to fill our home with wedding day photos :)

Sent on 11/01/2016

Maggie · Married on 09/10/2016

After working with Richard over the past year, I could not imagine our engagement and wedding being captured by anyone else. Early on in the wedding planning process, my husband and I decided photography would be one of the most important aspects of our wedding celebrations. I was instantly drawn to Richard's unique documentary style of photography; his pictures can be soft and feminine, bold and vibrant, or some artfully juxtaposed combination of the two. Upon meeting him, my husband immediately loved Richard's calm demeanor and professional yet laidback approach. We were so comfortable working with Richard, he put us at ease and made us laugh during those first few awkward moments of a photoshoot.

His vision is incredible and his photographs are remarkable. He is always willing to take a risk for a good photo and he proved that over and over on our wedding day. His style makes you feel like he's telling a story through pictures. Richard was extremely punctual, responsive, accommodating, and flexible. He has competitive prices for his astonishingly high quality of work. He has become a friend over the past year and we would love to have him capture more big moments in our future.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Anna · Married on 07/23/2016

I cannot say enough about Richard and the amazing work he did for our wedding! Though his portfolio speaks for itself, after meeting Richard we knew he was the right photographer for us based on his willingness to go out of his way to meet with us in person and his friendly and professional demeanor when we got together. Throughout the planning process Richard was always accessible and extremely responsive. On his suggestion, I created and shared a Pinterest board with him to keep him up-to-date on the types of photos I envisioned for my bridals and our wedding day, which was such an easy and efficient way to stay in touch. I wavered back and forth on whether I wanted to do bridals, because I am not one who likes to be in front of the camera solo, but on the day of my shoot Richard helped me find my inner model, I loved every second and the photos turned out amazing! As our July wedding day approached I was concerned about finding a beautiful, but shady spot for our first look. Richard, again, went out of his way to meet me and walk through our site to make a game plan. Doing this put me as so much ease in the last few weeks of planning! On our wedding day Richard was a joy to work with. It was just like having another friend/family member around as we went about our wedding day business. He did an excellent job of coordinating our large wedding party for group photos, not an easy task! When we got our photos back from Richard I was awestruck. He truly captured every moment that mattered (and the moments we didn’t even know happened!) from start to finish. From the cocktail napkins to the glow stick dance floor party, he didn’t miss a beat. Our photos perfectly tell the story of our wedding day and we will truly cherish them forever. We are so grateful to Richard and the role he played in making our wedding day go so smoothly and being the one to capture the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Carolyn · Married on 06/04/2016

Photographs are such an important part of the wedding planning process --and perhaps more importantly, you are entrusting the person behind the camera lens to document your special moment to cherish for the years to come. Richard not only has a unique talent for capturing beautiful moments, but he is extremely accommodating and all-around awesome!

My husband and I met Richard at the Crank Arm Brewery in downtown Raleigh (Richard's treat for our first meeting!), shortly after contacting him. We were impressed by his professionalism and genuine kindness -- he knows how important your wedding is to you and wants to make sure you have a fantastic experience. Richard made our engagement and wedding day sessions completely comfortable, fun, and calm and maintains a professionalism that is worth your investment! We plan on staying in touch as we make new memories with our family. Once you meet him, you can understand why so many of his clients stay in touch with him! : )

Sent on 08/27/2016

Janet · Married on 05/28/2016

We loved working with Richard for our wedding day photography. From our first meeting to our subsequent email correspondence leading up to our wedding, Richard was always responsive, attentive, detail-oriented, and accommodating to our questions and needs (and we asked him many, many questions and he addressed every one of them). We wanted someone who is not only an expert at his craft, but also professional, organized, communicative yet laid back, reassuring, and easy to work with. We wanted someone who would blend into the background and make creative decisions so we wouldn't have to worry about the logistics on our big day, someone who we can trust to capture the special, authentic moments of our wedding, and Richard exceeded every one of these expectations. Richard's prices are also very reasonable for such high quality work and service. We happily recommend Richard to anyone looking for a superb photographer for any event!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Robin · Married on 04/30/2016

Richard was awesome to work with. He is funny and laid back and all of my bridesmaids loved him! He had great suggestions for photo op venues. My pictures turned out fabulous, and my only problem is going to be choosing which shots to include in my photo album! I would recommend Richard to any of my friends, family, acquaintances, etc. who are looking for a great photographer for their event. If I need a photographer for any other events in the future, I know who I'm going to call! Thank you for capturing all of the wonderful moments before, during, and after my wedding. I will cherish my photos!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Chanson · Married on 11/14/2015

Richard Barlow did a wonderful job at our wedding as our photographer. He caught all the key moments on camera, and we are very pleased and thankful for his work! He is both professional and friendly.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Mandy · Married on 11/07/2015

I cannot say enough about Richard and his talent!! I am his second shooter for weddings and was fortunate enough to have him capture our special day. He did not hold back and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! The great thing about Rich is that he gets to know each of his clients and it makes people so much more comfortable posing for pictures. There is something so special about his eye for details, angles, light... he just knows exactly how to capture your vision for your big day!

Sent on 12/31/2015