Red Bank, NJ 07701 Map · Phone number

About Reverend Kris Bruno

I LOVE love stories, I love wedding ceremonies. I officiate weddings because I want YOUR ceremony to carry you to a moment you and your spouse will never forget. Your love story deserves that moment. It is the foundation of your dreams. I officiate weddings because I want you to be treated as a unique, individual couple who's vision for their wedding day is treated with respect and reverence. You have a love story to share with those gathered in your honor, I will help make your ceremony profoundly memorable.
I believe in your love.

Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. What a beautiful and exciting time for both of you. I am Kris Bruno, a New Jersey wedding officiant. I perform non-denominational wedding ceremonies in New Jersey. Whether you are planning a grand affair, a rustic chic event, an intimate at home celebration or outdoor nuptials, I would be honored to officiate the first moments of your life together. I am available for weddings and vow renewals, working with you to create the ceremony of your dreams.

I believe love always finds its way and that any two people who wish to join their lives together in matrimony have every reason and right to do so. I would welcome and be humbled by the opportunity to be your wedding celebrant -as you tie the knot.

Your wedding day is something you look forward to with great joy. There are so many plans and details to make and consider. Even though you might feel overwhelmed at times, it is so much fun! When I meet with you for a consultation I realize that you may not even know where to begin or what questions to ask. I promise to thoroughly guide you through the entire process and create a seamless experience for you. A few questions that you may have are answered here, but please know that I am always available to you during the entire process to answer any additional questions and to address anything that comes up. Please contact me at revkrisbruno@weddingofficiantnj.com or call me at 732-539-1045 to schedule your consultation. As always, I wish you all the best!

1. What is the process like working with you as our officiant?

Once you reach out to me to inquiry about my services, I will contact you to schedule a complimentary consultation. During the consultation I learn more about you, your love story and wedding ceremony wishes. I welcome all questions about myself, what to expect and any ideas you may have. I will go over the marriage license and certificate process and what to expect from me on the big day as well.

When you invite me to be your officiant, I then get to work creating your ceremony. You will have the opportunity to review it well before your wedding day and I will happily make any edits you request. There is no limit to how many times we connect!

On your wedding day, I arrive early and ensure all is set up and ready to go! I oversee the signing of your paperwork and provide you with a copy. Afterwards, I promptly file your license so that you will be able to obtain your official marriage certificate. I am available to you after you are married should you have any further questions. I love when couples keep in touch and share milestone moments from their marriage with me!

?2. What about a rehearsal?

I may be available for a rehearsal for a supplemental fee based on location and my schedule. Most of the time I am available Monday-Thursday. If you'd like to rehearse on the same day as your wedding, I can usually show up a bit earlier at no additional fee. Keep in mind that your venue coordinator is a great resource to facilitate a rehearsal. I also am happy to have a phone call or Skype session to review the details of your ceremony rehearsal if I am not in attendance.

3. Will you guide us through the licensing process, it seems a little confusing?

Sure! I will give you an overview of the process during our initial consultation and I will also guide you along the way. I will reach out to you at various points before your wedding day with reminders and information so that you can take this "to do" off your list.

4. Can my friends or family participate in the ceremony?

Of course! Your ceremony should be exactly what you want including partiicipation of loved ones, selection of readings, vows, etc....My only goal is that you are happy with the end result!

5. What happens if you have an emergency on the day of my wedding?

Great question! This has not happened (try to keep me away from the big day) but I am prepared with a plan should there ever be a need. I have developed relationships with three other experienced, quality officiants and we have agreed to cover each other in the rare instance that an emergency occurs.

6. May we write our own vows?

Absolutely. Some couples love the idea of writing their own vows while others prefer to use pre-selected, pre-written ones. If you write your own, I would be happy to assist you in getting started and answering any questions along the way. Whichever way you go, it's all you decision and I support you wholeheartedly!

7. Do you perform non-religious, slightly religious, spiritual, inter-faith and LGBTQ+ ceremonies?

The answer is yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! As a non-denominational, secular officiant who believes that any two people who wish to marry should, I work with people from all walks of life with all different perspectives about religion. I have had the opportunity to weave elements from many faiths and cultures into wedding ceremonies. If I am not familiar with a suggested element, I will do my homework to ensure that I learn it and incorporate it into the script. I really love exploring all the options out there and sharing ideas with you! I also let you tell me how much or how little religion you'd like in your ceremony and I respect your choice.

8. What do you wear when you officiate?

I happen to be one of those people who cares about aesthetics and therefore am very mindful of being in your professional wedding photos. You have made an investment and carefully selected a photographer to capture the moment and the last thing I want to do is be a distraction in your pictures. I usually wear a black dress or suit but I always ask first. I happily wear any color you ask me too, keeping it simple, without pattern or bold jewelry. Please know that I am open to all of your thoughts and requests about how you wish for me to dress at your wedding ceremony.

9. What are your fees?

I create ceremonies with just the two of you in mind and spend quality time preparing for your most important day! My fee is reflective of the time I take preparing your ceremony, editing it, same day coordination of ceremony set-up/details, communication with your other ceremony vendors to ensure a seamless experience, preparation and filing of your license and guidance of the entire process with you and is not based on the size of your wedding. Whether your guest list is intimate or grand, I believe your ceremony and love story deserves the time, respect and reverence that it takes to create a moment that is meaningful. This process takes many hours over a period of days, weeks or months. My fee ranges from $500-1000 depending on location. My rehearsal fee depends on location and I would be happy to give you a quote. I can also perform elopement ceremonies, feel free to contact me for details.

10. How does payment work?

Easy, I ask for a $100 deposit to secure the date with the balance due on your wedding day before the ceremony begins. This way you can go off and enjoy the first moments of your marriage without having any housekeeping details to worry about. I accept cash, checks, money orders or Venmo transactions. Some couples ask if they can pay the balance before their wedding day. Whatever works best for you is fine with me!

11. Can you provide references?

I'd love to! Please feel free to read my reviews here, on Wedding Wire or The Knot. If there is a particular review you read and you'd like to connect to that particular couple for a reference, I will do my best to put you in touch. Otherwise, I can provide names and numbers of couples who would be happy to answer your questions!

12. Would you mind referring other wedding vendors that I still need?

I have the opportunity to work alongside wonderful DJ's, photographers, videographers, florists, musicians and planners at beautiful venues throughout the area. I would be happy to share contact information of professionals who's work I admire!

Follow Reverend Kris Bruno on

img4985
ellyweddingofficiate

145 Reviews for Reverend Kris Bruno

tori · Getting married on 06/01/2019

We loved Kris, she married my husband and I in July in my husbands parents back yard. It was so special and romantic but casual at the same time. We weren't expecting to have such a lovely service and Kris out did herself.
    We loved her and love the fact she married us.

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Reverend Kris Bruno 1
    Reverend Kris Bruno 2

Reverend Kris Bruno's reply:

Thank you so much Tori! It was such a pleasure to be a part of the very special moment when you two were married!! Thank you for inviting me to be your officiant. The love that you share is so beautiful. I wish you the very best always!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2018

Kris is the best of the best!

Kris was absolutely amazing. She was extremely friendly and organized right from the beginning. Our ceremony was personal, loving and perfect. She kept in touch with us as time passed to make sure we had everything for both the ceremony and the marriage license prepared. We received so many compliments from our guests ranging from "this was the best ceremony I've seen in years" to "the most emotional ceremony I have seen." I would highly recommend Kris to anyone, she will not disappoint.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Reverend Kris Bruno's reply:

I appreciate your kind review so much! Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts about your ceremony. I will always remember the way you two looked at each other during the entire time!! Please keep in touch.
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 11/04/2018

Most Amazing Officiant Ever!

Wow is all I can say when it comes to using Kris Bruno. She was absolutely amazing from the first time we met her. Referred her to a friend who also agreed how wonderful she was. Now that we have made it to the day I've heard nothing but raving comments about how beautiful our ceremony was. If you haven't booked yet Kris is the way to go! Kris thank you for making my day as special as I had imagined it would be. Thank you for being part of it!

Reverend Kris Bruno FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 600.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? 30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? NJ, NY, PA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Limelight Entertainment
    Limelight Entertainment Wedding DJs

Kris is amazing, she's a pleasure to work with and she does an outstanding job. Her ceremonies are always so detailed and unique to the couple. You can tell she cares for each couple and absolutely loves what she does.

• The Bleu Studio
    The Bleu Studio Wedding Photographers

Kris Bruno has been one of the best officiants we have ever worked with. Beautiful sermons, very well spoken and articulate. The ceremonies are especially intimate with each couple. Seems like she really gets to know and understand her clients before the wedding. It is a pleasure to work with Kris each and every time :)

• Event Designs By Deb
    Event Designs By Deb Wedding Planners

Rev. Kris Bruno is an excellent wedding officiant. Her ceremonies are customized to the bride and groom, and all the guests leave raving about the ceremony and how unique it was to the couple. I highly recommend Rev. Kris Bruno.

• Red Bank, NJ 07701 See on map