Marlborough, MA 01752 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

6 Reviews for Rev James Griffin

Kate · Married on 06/10/2018

Fr. Griffin was great to work with! When we first met with him he was very clear about how he approaches weddings and what services he provides. I loved that he is a former Catholic Priest, as I am Catholic and my husband is not. While I had always pictured being married in a Catholic Church, we decided that it would be better for us and our guests to be married at the venue. Father Griffin's background made the ceremony more meaningful for me, even though he is no longer a Catholic Priest and we did not use the Catholic ceremony.

We wrote our own ceremony based on guidance he provided and a booklet outlining the traditional Catholic ceremony. I liked that I had the option to include the traditional gospel readings and prayers and he provided the resources to review what exactly those passages could be in a traditional ceremony. Although we chose to use none of the traditional passages I felt fully informed in my choices and more comfortable with the format and options we did choose. There was no "what if..." moments because of his guidance.

He is also very clear on initial meeting that he does not go off-script and ad lib. Everything he says will be written down and reviewed by the couple prior to the ceremony. This was great for us, as neither of us wanted cheezy anecdotes and jokes being thrown around during this part of the wedding.

He delivered exactly what was promised and was a pleasure to work with. Many of my guests noted that he did a wonderful job and enjoyed him immensely. I'd recommend him wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Veronica · Married on 09/16/2017

We had an interfaith marriage (Hindu & Catholic) and it was important to us that both our traditions and cultures be represented on our wedding day in an all-inclusive manner. Father Jim allowed that to be possible on our wedding day. He was so welcoming and very easygoing from the first day we met him. He explained the process and had a very organized template that helped us select our readings. We worked through several drafts until it was just right! On the wedding day, he delivered a very traditional ceremony with a touch of personalization and humor. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Lynne · Married on 05/21/2016

Fr Jim was wonderful to work with. He makes you feel comfortable from the get go. He was very flexible with what we wanted to do with the ceremony and had a great sense of humor about it.

Sent on 07/05/2016