22 Bond St., Reading, MA 01867 Map · Phone number

About Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich

I had been active in a number of community and church positions as well as working in a sales job. All of these roles gave me a great deal of interaction with people from all walks of life. However, something was missing from all this. Something that would leave me with a sense of accomplishment and helping others in a joyous manner.

People often ask me why I chose to become a
Justice of the Peace. The answer is, quite simply, that it chose me.

My friend Bev had been a Justice of the Peace for several years and in fact, had officiated at my brothers’ wedding. Now if you knew Bev, you’d know that she is a remarkable woman: a woman of wit, intelligence, humor, and insight. I knew Bev had been on a quest of sorts for something that would offer her meaning and a chance to have a lasting influence on others’ lives. She seemed to find it as a Justice of the Peace. And so, when I began my own quest, Bev encouraged me in the same direction.

After some further prodding and encouragement by my wife Kathy, I applied for and received my commission as a Justice of the Peace. Immediately, I knew I had made the right choice. My first ceremony was a Renewal of Vows for a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary. What a thrill it was to be part of such a special and joyous occasion!

Since then, I have married couples in a variety of settings and conditions. About half of the weddings I officiate at are young couples being married for the first time, while the remainder are often couples being married for a second or third time. Many of these ceremonies involve children, which makes for an extra special ceremony as a new family is created from two.

So whether you’re being married for the first time or the fifth, whether you’re being married at a Country Club or the beach or a small intimate ceremony at home, I look forward to being part of your wedding on Your Special Day in Your Special Way.

jessica and mike lynch park july 2016
jiang and binglu 30 july 2017 tupper manor
maura and james tupper manor 13oct17
vanessa and neal andover cc 30sep17
Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich
sarah and benjamin the gazebo at lake quanapowitt
jessica and mike lynch park july 2016

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich 2
Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich 3

Martin · Married on 03/16/2019

The best !

Alan officiated our wedding in March 2019 and he was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. Alan is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. He pays attention to detail and has a very calm and comforting demeanor. We are grateful that we had Alan as a part of our big day!
    Bianca & Martin

Sent on 03/21/2019

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich's reply:

Thank you for the very kind words Bianca and Martin. You guys were terrific to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed officiating your ceremony! I thought it was a great idea having your nephew and cousin delivering two of the readings. Everything was just perfect!

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2018

Alan was nothing but professional and gave us exactly what we asked for in our ceremony. Not to mention, he made sure to send helpful tips and reminders when needed. All of our guests thought that he did an outstanding job and we would recommend him to anyone else that will ask us!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Patrick · Married on 08/25/2018

Alan was great, he helped us craft the perfect ceremony and made sure everything ran smoothly. He has an amazing personality that put us at ease with the process from the moment we met him. Highly recommend having him officiate your ceremony, you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 09/10/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 274.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 245.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 176.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Taoist, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? MA

• Photography Your Way
    Photography Your Way Wedding Photographers

Alan is a very good Justice. He has a great way about him. He makes the couples feel comfortable.

• Michael Marram, Justice of the Peace
    Michael Marram, Justice of the Peace Wedding Officiants

Alan Ulrich is a very professional, well-spoken and compassionate Justice of the Peace. He has a good sense of humor, can be flexible regarding the wishes of his clients, and is very personable. I am happy to write this letter of recommendation for Justice Alan Ulrich.

• 22 Bond St. Reading, 01867 See on map
    7819440885 (Other Phone Number)