Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich

Reading, MA View map

$274 Typical Price

I had been active in a number of community and church positions as well as working in a sales job. All of these roles gave me a great deal of interaction with people from all walks of life. However, something was missing from all this. Something that would leave me with a sense of accomplishment and helping others in a joyous manner.

People often ask me why I chose to become a
Justice of the Peace. The answer is, quite simply, that it chose me.

My friend Bev had been a Justice of the Peace for several years and in fact, had officiated at my brothers’ wedding. Now if you knew Bev, you’d know that she is a remarkable woman: a woman of wit, intelligence, humor, and insight. I knew Bev had been on a quest of sorts for something that would offer her meaning and a chance to have a lasting influence on others’ lives. She seemed to find it as a Justice of the Peace. And so, when I began my own quest, Bev encouraged me in the same direction.

After some further prodding and encouragement by my wife Kathy, I applied for and received my commission as a Justice of the Peace. Immediately, I knew I had made the right choice. My first ceremony was a Renewal of Vows for a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary. What a thrill it was to be part of such a special and joyous occasion!

Since then, I have married couples in a variety of settings and conditions. About half of the weddings I officiate at are young couples being married for the first time, while the remainder are often couples being married for a second or third time. Many of these ceremonies involve children, which makes for an extra special ceremony as a new family is created from two.

So whether you’re being married for the first time or the fifth, whether you’re being married at a Country Club or the beach or a small intimate ceremony at home, I look forward to being part of your wedding on Your Special Day in Your Special Way.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$274

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$245

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$176

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Quaker
Shinto
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

MA

What languages do you speak?

English

Noah L. Married on 01/09/2022

Fantastic Justice of the Peace

Getting married in the middle of a pandemic isn't easy, but Alan was a wonderful partner throughout the process. His kind and calm demeanor put us at ease during a stressful time. He was easy to work with and helped us make our wedding vision a reality. We wanted some elements of a Jewish wedding and he helped us find great ways to incorporate those into our ceremony.

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich's reply:

Thanks for your review Noah. I was so pleased and delighted to be part of your special day. Reading your ketubah and explaining its meaning was one of the highlights of your ceremony that I likied best. You make a wonderful couple and I wish you all the best on your journey ahead!
  • Anthony
    Anthony A. Married on 08/06/2021

Best Justice of the Peace!

We loved having Alan as our Justice of the Peace at our wedding! Even with these crazy time of corona virus he was there every step of the way and made sure it wasn't a stressful day on us. He guided us throughout our ceremony. Every one of our guests loved him and thought he was awesome! Couldn't thank him enough for making our wedding such a special day

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich's reply:

Anthony, thanks so much for your very kind words. I truly enjoyed officiating your ceremony and thank you for making me part of your special day!
    Jenny Married on 10/21/2020

Dream Wedding!

Alan officiated our wedding earlier this month! It was such a pleasure having him apart of our special day. We loved his personality and sense of humor. We thought planning a ceremony during a pandemic would be stressful, but Alan made sure to go over all the details to make sure everything would go smoothly. The ceremony was perfect! He is great to work with and would highly recommend him to officiate your wedding!

Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich's reply:

Thanks for your very kind words Jen. It was truly a pleasure to officiate your wedding. It was a beautiful day in the wonderful setting of Hammond Castle and the two of you made it extra special with the readings you chose.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Photography Your Way Photography Your Way Wedding Photographers

Alan is a very good Justice. He has a great way about him. He makes the couples feel comfortable.

Michael Marram Michael Marram Wedding Officiants

Alan Ulrich is a very professional, well-spoken and compassionate Justice of the Peace. He has a good sense of humor, can be flexible regarding the wishes of his clients, and is very personable. I am happy to write this letter of recommendation for Justice Alan Ulrich.

22 Bond St. Reading, 01867
781-944-0885
Location of (Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding