57 Reviews for Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich

Catholic (1)
Methodist (1)
Agnostic (1)
57 Justice of the Peace Alan W. Ulrich Reviews

Alan was great, he helped us craft the perfect ceremony and made sure everything ran smoothly. He has an amazing personality that put us at ease with the process from the moment we met him. Highly recommend having him officiate your ceremony, you wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture Patrick, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alan was very professional and customized a beautiful ceremony for us! We received many compliments on how nice it was. We would recommend Alan to all couples

Profile Picture Rose, 6/3/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Catholic, Jewish, No Denomination, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony

Alan is a great and friendly guy. He made our ceremony feel warm and complete and gave us a huge freedom to piece together our ceremony with different readings, poems, and vows. Everyone enjoyed the ceremony, and we had several people in tears (or at least misty-eyed)--he's a very engaging speaker.

Our one disappointment (for me, it was a pretty big letdown) was that Alan must not have read the correct version of our ceremony, because he didn't give Leigh or me a chance to read the vows that we had prepared for each other. We stood there holding our vows in our hands, waiting for him to break to us, but it never happened, so we didn't have a chance to share these with each other and our friends and family. Alan was a great guy, like I said, and I know it was an honest mistake. It was just one of the larger ones that left me feeling like our ceremony wasn't complete.

Profile Picture Lonnie, 5/30/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Alan was very organized and helpful in our initial consultation with him. He was receptive to emails and questions throughout the planning process. We thought he was knowledgeable and had an extensive amount of wedding that he had done. Our rehearsal was not at our venue but he was familiar with our venue so we felt confident he would be able to lead us through the walk-through successfully.

Profile Picture User4586385, Recently Married, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Jewish, Methodist, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

Alan was great from the beginning to the end, he was always very responsive, super friendly and made sure to help and explain to us every detail of the Ceremony and process to get the Marriage license. We didn’t have a Rehearsal dinner but he invited us to his house so he could talk a little bit more of how the Ceremony would be. We were able to choose every part of our Ceremony and It was so beautiful like we wanted, everyone loved it.

Profile Picture Priscila, 2/11/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

I didn't really know what to look for when searching for an officiant, but Alan made it so seamless. He was responsive, knew everything he was talking about, had great suggestions, but was also really personable. He was really lighthearted and made us feel so much less stressed because he was so knowledgeable and easy going.

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alan was great to work with from start to finish. He made us feel comfortable and relaxed and made sure every detail was covered. Our ceremony was unique and perfect thanks to his recommendations and help structuring everything. We can not recommend him enough! Thank you Alan!

Profile Picture Jarrod , 8/27/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

We are so glad we chose Alan to be our officiant! After meeting with several other prospective JP's we were feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. We knew immediately when we met Alan that he was our guy! He was easy to talk to, friendly, and had such a nice way about him! He even provided us with a "cheat sheet" so that we could pick and choose everything in our ceremony without having to do all the legwork ourselves. He made the whole process so easy!
Alan did a beautiful job officiating our wedding! We are very pleased with how everything went and highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/30/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

My now husband & I booked Alan for our wedding in November. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! Alan was kind, professional and exceeding flexible with my odd hour work schedule. In addition, Alan also provided my short & sweet ceremony with an ancient hand fasting ritual, which I requested, being a Scottish bride.

Alan made our ceremony memorable, he has such a beautiful personality... it felt as though we had known him for years, like a long time friend of the family was conducting our wedding. It was also good luck that Alan & our other vendors knew each other... which, we didn't even know until the day of!

I cannot say enough good things about Alan, he was just simply the best. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/6/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

It was an immense pleasure meeting Alan Ulrich. His professionalism and hard work is outstanding. I have no words to describe how thankful we are with our ceremony. In the first meeting we had with Alan he explained us so detailed every step of our ceremony and all the details of the paper work we had to complete. During the rehearsal he managed to organize every single member of our wedding party and their roles. In the ceremony he was so on point with our vows, poems, and dedications and everything was so perfecty done and beautiful. Thank you!! : ) Sabrina & Shaun Butler

Profile Picture Sabrina, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alan was great from the first meeting straight through the ceremony. He was so easy to work with, explained everything in perfect detail and had so many options for us to have a personalized ceremony. We received so many complements on the ceremony and how Alan delivered it. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alan officiated our wedding this past October, and we couldn't have been more thrilled. Truth be told, a family friend was supposed to do the job but didn't end up working out, so we didn't contact Alan until about two months before the big day. I was a ball of nerves at this point, but meeting Alan and seeing how calm, experienced, and professional he was completely alleviated all of my fears! Alan helped us totally customize our ceremony (he even found the perfect wording for the 'craft beer drinking portion'...using beer as a metaphor for marriage!); gave us feedback on our vows to make sure they were about the same tone and length; and gave us tips and tricks for applying for the marriage license and how to request copies of the certificate. And that's all before the actual day! Alan had officiated at our venue (the Willowdale Estate) many times before, and was very knowledgeable about the layout, flow, and timing. He was a whiz at wrangling our families and bridal party, had backup copies of every reading and vow, and put everyone at ease. Best of all, he has an incredible sense of humor and had everyone laughing at all the right moments. We had SO many compliments from our guests about the ceremony portion of the wedding! Alan, we can't thank you enough!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

We recommend Alan as your JP for your wedding unreservedly. We enjoyed working with him to help us put together our wedding ceremony program. Many of our guests commented on how great a wedding officiant he was. We found him to be a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Brenna, 9/30/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Licensed, Non-religious

Alan provided an excellent alternative to getting married in the church. It was very important to our parents that we had a religious ceremony, which Alan was able to provide for us. He was very responsive to emails and quickly completed our marriage licence. We would highly recommend Alan!

Profile Picture stephanie, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so happy we chose Alan to be our JP. He was extremely helpful with planning our ceremony. He guided us and gave us so many options for things to incorporate into our ceremony to really make it something that represented us. He even offered us guidance on all the paperwork and legal issues of obtaining a license and what to do after your married. He helped to make our wedding day truly memorable.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

After much searching for an oficiant who would be sensitive and open minded I chose Alan to be the oficiant for my marriage. I made a great choice! He understood and respected my unique needs and even went above and beyond by offering me and my husband the option of marrying at his own home. He was always prompt in responding to my inquiries and best of all he made the whole experience a pleasant and joyful one. We eventually tied the knot in November of 2015. I would definitely recommend Alan to any of my friends and family!

Profile Picture User7304743, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alan Ulrich is THE best officiant in the business. My husband and I originally wanted a Catholic church ceremony but once we had started the process, we decided it just wasn’t for us. We had attended a wedding four years prior which Alan officiated and we knew we had to have him for our ceremony. Upon meeting him, you will immediately get this warm feeling like you’ve known him forever. I promise he will bring that same warmth and joy to your ceremony.

In our initial meeting with Alan which he hosts in his own home, he set all of our anxiety at ease. He explains everything even the marriage certificate process. He offers several ideas for your ceremony but ultimately, he makes it easy for you to create your own ceremony with very personal touches.

I am being very honest when I say… we had several people come to us after our wedding with rave reviews about how touched they were by our ceremony. My Dad told us later that a friend of his broke down crying and said he had never seen a ceremony like ours before. My cousin ended up booking Alan for her wedding which was another absolutely beautiful ceremony!

Alan is so friendly, warm, charismatic, cheerful, funny, loving… I could go on and on.

I haven’t even mentioned that his rate is extremely reasonable and worth every cent!

Please just stop reading this and book him IMMEDIATELY!

Thank you, Alan for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alan was our officiant for our wedding in Boston on September 5, 2015 and would couldn't have been happier to have him as a Justice of the Peace! From our first meeting to our final farewell after the ceremony Alan was so helpful, friendly and professional. He coordinated with our musicians and wedding coordinator so all the necessary cues were lined up, and everything went off with out a hitch! It was really helpful to have someone professional who had been through the process so many times to walk us through everything and help us plan a special ceremony. Alan was particularly helpful in helping us come up with ways to make our non-denominational ceremony a little more special. He gave us a number of suggestions so we were able to consider a few things and then pick something.

We highly recommend Alan!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Living in Florida I was hesitate about picking just anyone offline for our wedding taking place in MA. I did some research, read reviews, and decided to go win Alan and Iam so glad I did. Alan stays right on top of everything and makes sure you understand what is going on and what will happen on the big day. He did a great job officiating and I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture User3750937, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I couldn't recommend Alan enough! From our first meeting with him, up until our very last, he was sincere, professional and very organized. Alan very clearly explained all of the different options available to us, provided a multitude of readings to choose from and helped us come up with the perfect layout for our needs. Many guests complimented us on how great the 'flow' of our ceremony was. The process of putting together our ceremony was fun and easy and we couldn't have done it without Alan's genuine interest in helping us do so. Thanks Alan!

Profile Picture User3992636, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alan was such a pleasure to work with in helping us plan our recent wedding. He was so kind and accommodating, listening to our thoughts and wishes for the ceremony. We loved the readings and his humor and kindness was felt by us and certainly our guests. The day was perfect and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User4609281, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alan was absolutely terrific. He let us know when we met him how the ceremony would be coordinated and made everything simple and relaxing. Alan really made the ceremony stress free and enjoyable. He also reminds the groom to look at his bride while reciting his vows and not him which can be helpful. I am looking forward to having him do our 5 year anniversary. Thank you Alan

Profile Picture Matt and Shannon, 12/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alan officiated our wedding on December 7th, and we cannot say enough good things about him! He is wonderfully warm and accommodating, and did an incredible job executing the whole ceremony. Alan exceeded our expectations and made our day memorable! I would recommend him to anyone who wants a dream wedding!

Profile Picture Maria, 12/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alan was excellent. He met all our expectations. He was punctual and professional and also had a great sense of humor. It was a pleasure to have him officiate our wedding.

Profile Picture User4595589, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so glad that we chose Alan to be our officiant. Throughout the entire process he was a pleasure to work with. He was very open to all of our ideas regarding our ceremony, and provided a great deal of sample material to allow us to build it from scratch. He was very responsive to emails and clear about anything he would need to make our ceremony run smoothly. On the actual day of the wedding, it was clear that Alan had spent plenty of time preparing, and he did a wonderful job. Each member of the party also knew what to do because of how well Alan ran the rehearsal the prior night. We received numerous comments from guests who just could not believe how great our ceremony was, and Alan played a huge part.

We would recommend Alan to any couple looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Matt, 11/1/14, 1 Review