One Orms Street, Providence, RI 02904 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 24

About Providence Marriott Downtown

The Providence Marriott Downtown is a wedding venue and full-service hotel located in Rhode Island. With 30 years of event and wedding planning experience, the team at the Marriott will ensure that you have the wedding of your dreams.

You and your guests will surely enjoy your stay at the Marriott through the many amenities that the hotel has to offer. Along with your beautiful wedding reception, the venue provides these complimentary services:

• Free parking and discounted valet
  • Wifi
  • Swimming pool
  • Fitness center
  • 24-hour business center
  • Two onsite restaurants
  • AQUA - unique outdoor facility that can be used for reception, bachelor/bachelorette parties
  • Deluxe accommodations for the couple’s wedding night
  • Event consultant
  • Newly renovated function rooms
  • Reduced rates for invitations, bands, and photographers
  • Reduced group sleeping room rates
  • Hosted coat-check and attendant
  • Customized website

Cuisine

The Providence Marriott provides its own catering and has different packages that the couple can choose from. With each package you can select specific amounts of entrees, appetizers, cocktails, desserts and salads that will be prepared by the award-winning chef. Not only can you select the menu for your reception, but the venue also provides you with selections for your rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch.

Follow Providence Marriott Downtown on

27 Reviews for Providence Marriott Downtown

1 User photo

Providence Marriott Downtown 1

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Providence Marriott Downtown. I have to say, working with everyone there made it for an extremely easy wedding to plan and a fabulous wedding weekend. Donna DiOrio, director of catering was an absolute joy to work with throughout the 9 months that we were planning our wedding. Every time we had a questions, concern, or uncertainty she was there to help us through it. She truly made the wedding planning process easy and enjoyable. I truly felt like we were a top priority the weekend of our wedding and she made me feel at ease during what could have been a stressful time.
    As we attended the Marriott on occasion throughout the planning process, we had the fortunate experience of dining in their restaurant, BlueFin Grille. We ate their 3 times (including our tasting) and each time we have the pleasure of having Kimee as our waitress. Kimee was extremely knowledgeable about the food menu and drink menu. She was able to make numerous suggestions to us that were all delicious. She was a joy to speak with and get to know along the way.
    The day of our wedding we had the privilege of working with another member of Donna's team, Donnie. Donnie was available to us the entire evening of our wedding. Whatever my husband and I needed, he was able to make sure it happened. He was constantly checking in on us to make sure we ate, had a drink, etc. If there was a request we had, he was the guy to make it happen. Not only was he very attentive but he was funny, kind, and efficient. Contacting Donnie and his team the day after our wedding was also a breeze. They had all of our belongings packed up for us and we didn't have to do a thing! We stayed at the Marriott for 2 evenings after our wedding and although the event was over we were clearly valued customers. Seeing Donnie and Donna after the event, they were sure to follow up with us to make sure we didn't need anything else. They truly made our experience magical!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Deb · Married on 06/25/2016

Donna: Katie & Anthony’s wedding was absolutely MAGICAL! I don’t think I stopped smiling the entire evening! Every single detail was perfect! I honestly expected it, having known you for so many years and knowing how amazing you are and how detail oriented….but actually FEELING it that evening….it was over the top!

The ballroom looked like a fairy tale! You orchestrated everything so well and your calm demeanor was so appreciated. People even commented to me that your waitstaff could not have been any nicer. Aqua was perfect for the cocktail hour! I could go on and on and on. Really. I’m still on cloud nine!

Katie and Anthony and Anthony’s Mom and Dad came back to my house on Sunday and we were all gushing about every single detail. Thank you so so very much! I just adore you. My heart is so full. This was the best experience ever!

Deb

Sent on 06/29/2016

Providence Marriott Downtown's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us Deb!

Award

Providence Marriott Downtown FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Parking, Set Up
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel, Resort
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Pet Friendly, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables, Tents, Tent Accessories

• Quality Rental
    Quality Rental Wedding Rentals

A great venue for a variety of occasions. Has undergone a great transformation the past couple of year to offer elegant ballrooms, classy/modern poolside areas, and great services.

• Hudson Photography and Cinematography
    Hudson Photography and Cinematography Wedding Photographers

It's always a pleasure to work with the staff, when we photograph a Wedding at The Providence Marriott. They know how important it is to work cohesively together to insure the best possible service to our Couples and their guests. They understand and respect how important it is for our photographers to capture those once in a lifetime moments.

• DB Photography
    DB Photography Wedding Photographers

Every time I work a Wedding at this venue I have a great experience. Donna and her staff always do a wonderful job, and the events go off without a hitch. The food and service is always very good.

• One Orms Street Providence, RI, 02904 See on map