1 Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Guest capacity 75 to 400
Availability Check your date

About Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina

Gurney’s Newport offers an all-encompassing wedding experience. Our location on Goat Island, a small island in Narragansett Bay, boasts unobstructed views of the bay, Newport Harbor, and the iconic Newport Bridge. Gurney’s Newport provides the quintessential coastal New England setting for tying the knot.

Facilities and Capacity

Accommodating up to 1,000 guests, Gurney’s Newport offers an array of waterfront venues fitting for every wedding event from engagement party to rehearsal dinner to ceremony to reception. The romantic Rose Island Ballroom features a wraparound deck and enchanting views of the Atlantic, especially at sunset. The Grand Ballroom is the ideal site for a large wedding but can alternately be broken down into smaller spaces. Couples also have the option of exchanging vows next to the iconic Newport Harbor Lighthouse.

The wedding packages at Gurney’s Newport include top-rated professional planning, catering, and cake cutting, along with an experienced banquet staff, to ensure your event runs smoothly. Our seasoned wedding coordinators will help you with all the details, from food to decorations to flowers to music. At Gurney’s Newport, your special day will be easy and luxurious—a magical occasion that will live on in your memory.

Cuisine

Gurney’s Newport offers many delicious culinary options for your wedding, whether it takes place on the property or at an off-site location, such as a sailboat, vineyard, or mansion. Our experienced culinary team draws inspiration from Rhode Island’s fresh produce and seafood. The chef will craft a unique menu reflecting your preferences, from appetizers to main course to dessert.

Follow Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina on

Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina 2
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina 3

Elisabeth · Married on 12/31/2018

Don't Hesitate!!

Don't hesitate for a second! We had our wedding here this past New Years Eve and it was a dream come true. We had a bumpy start, but Gurney's was our top choice for our wedding as it has been a special place for us of NYE the past 10 years so we were beyond excited when the date opened up. Once Jackie hit the scene it was absolute perfection. I can't say enough positive about Jackie... she saved my sanity on multiple occasions, made me feel SO comfortable with everything from start to finish and became a friend throughout the craziness of wedding planning. Jackie was such a pleasure to work with, I genuinely miss talking to her weekly. She made sure I was on top of everything, letting me know what I needed to do by when and gave me plenty of information about next steps, advice if I needed it and was a true expert. I will never be able to thank her enough for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives and the process truly enjoyable and fun. Come wedding weekend I was able to relax and enjoy every second because I knew Jackie, along with Marissa the Banquet Captain, had it covered. I was right, everything was PERFECT. Not one thing went wrong and if it did, I still don't know about it. The whole weekend was fantastic thanks to everyone at Gurney's from the front desk staff, especially Ashley and Hanna to the valet/bellmen - Rob, Dave, Matt and Sloan. Everyone made sure our guests were taken care of, our car was always available and welcome bags were distributed among many other things such as bringing up a room key (multiple times, sorry Matt & thanks!!). Many of our guests took the time to tell us how impressed they were with Gurney's and the staff as well as what an incredible job they did with our entire wedding weekend, including a post wedding brunch that was out of this world! I will be forever grateful to everyone at Gurney's for making our wedding so incredibly special and perfect. Like I said, don't hesitate for a second, if you're looking for a gorgeous setting with first rate staff, you'll find it at Gurney's.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kristin · Married on 10/05/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Gurney’s Newport. I got married this past Friday and the whole experience has been more than I could have ever dreamed of! From the amazing staff to the beautiful location to the incredible food to the complimentary things that we received for booking out wedding there. Also the suite that we were given for the night, that was also complimentary for the wedding night, was so beautiful. They made us feel like royalty! We plan on going back very soon!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 25.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 400
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 75
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel, Marina, Resort, Waterfront
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• Captivation Photography
    Captivation Photography Wedding Photographers

A wedding day set along the beautiful ocean waters in Newport, Rhode Island is truly amazing at the Hyatt Regency. The lighthouse setting for your ceremony is just breathtaking. The Rose Island Room is magnificent for your reception to follow. You can't go wrong with the Hyatt Regency and since I've been there numerous times in the past 29 years I can definitely say its always a wedding day dream!

• Aubrey Greene Photography
    Aubrey Greene Photography Wedding Photographers

The Hyatt is a fantastic venue, where the staff is professional and extremely friendly. An amazing experience every time I have photographed there.

• Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service Wedding Officiants

Always a beautiful setting for any ceremony and the staff is very professional and courteous! This is the heart of Newport for destination weddings and locals alike.

• 1 Goat Island Newport, Rhode Island, 02840 See on map