1 Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Guest capacity 75 to 400
Availability Check your date

About Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina

Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina is a wedding venue located in Rhode Island and is just minutes from downtown Newport. This beautiful island resort is a magical place for a wedding, with unobstructed views of Narragansett Bay, Newport Harbor and the iconic Newport Bridge.

Facilities and Capacity
Gurney’s Newport has many luxurious spaces to choose from, making it the perfect backdrop for all your wedding celebrations. The Rose Island Ballroom is a romantic ballroom with an outdoor deck and enchanting views of the water, while the Grand Ballroom is ideal for a large wedding with the ability to be broken down into smaller spaces. The venue also has a beautiful outdoor space for exchanging vows, right next to the Newport Harbor Lighthouse. All of your guests may also reside in the waterfront resort, with a wide range of rooms and suites to choose from.

Cuisine
While Gurney’s Newport provides many dining options within the resort, the couple also has the option of catering for their wedding. The culinary team crafts a unique menu for each event mainly using seafood, fresh ingredients, and traditional regional recipes.

This venue has everything from a luxurious spa to outdoor restaurants for the rehearsal dinner and a post-wedding brunch. Since Gurney’s is a world-class resort, there are a variety of amenities that the couple can use to entertain guests and get ready for their special day. Their services include:

• The Regent Lounge

Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina 2
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina 3

Elisabeth · Married on 12/31/2018

Don't Hesitate!!

Don't hesitate for a second! We had our wedding here this past New Years Eve and it was a dream come true. We had a bumpy start, but Gurney's was our top choice for our wedding as it has been a special place for us of NYE the past 10 years so we were beyond excited when the date opened up. Once Jackie hit the scene it was absolute perfection. I can't say enough positive about Jackie... she saved my sanity on multiple occasions, made me feel SO comfortable with everything from start to finish and became a friend throughout the craziness of wedding planning. Jackie was such a pleasure to work with, I genuinely miss talking to her weekly. She made sure I was on top of everything, letting me know what I needed to do by when and gave me plenty of information about next steps, advice if I needed it and was a true expert. I will never be able to thank her enough for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives and the process truly enjoyable and fun. Come wedding weekend I was able to relax and enjoy every second because I knew Jackie, along with Marissa the Banquet Captain, had it covered. I was right, everything was PERFECT. Not one thing went wrong and if it did, I still don't know about it. The whole weekend was fantastic thanks to everyone at Gurney's from the front desk staff, especially Ashley and Hanna to the valet/bellmen - Rob, Dave, Matt and Sloan. Everyone made sure our guests were taken care of, our car was always available and welcome bags were distributed among many other things such as bringing up a room key (multiple times, sorry Matt & thanks!!). Many of our guests took the time to tell us how impressed they were with Gurney's and the staff as well as what an incredible job they did with our entire wedding weekend, including a post wedding brunch that was out of this world! I will be forever grateful to everyone at Gurney's for making our wedding so incredibly special and perfect. Like I said, don't hesitate for a second, if you're looking for a gorgeous setting with first rate staff, you'll find it at Gurney's.

Kristin · Married on 10/05/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Gurney’s Newport. I got married this past Friday and the whole experience has been more than I could have ever dreamed of! From the amazing staff to the beautiful location to the incredible food to the complimentary things that we received for booking out wedding there. Also the suite that we were given for the night, that was also complimentary for the wedding night, was so beautiful. They made us feel like royalty! We plan on going back very soon!

Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 25.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 400
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 75
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel, Marina, Resort, Waterfront
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• Captivation Photography
    Captivation Photography Wedding Photographers

A wedding day set along the beautiful ocean waters in Newport, Rhode Island is truly amazing at the Hyatt Regency. The lighthouse setting for your ceremony is just breathtaking. The Rose Island Room is magnificent for your reception to follow. You can't go wrong with the Hyatt Regency and since I've been there numerous times in the past 29 years I can definitely say its always a wedding day dream!

• Aubrey Greene Photography
    Aubrey Greene Photography Wedding Photographers

The Hyatt is a fantastic venue, where the staff is professional and extremely friendly. An amazing experience every time I have photographed there.

• Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service Wedding Officiants

Always a beautiful setting for any ceremony and the staff is very professional and courteous! This is the heart of Newport for destination weddings and locals alike.

• 1 Goat Island Newport, Rhode Island, 02840 See on map