Hotel Providence is a historic and romantic wedding venue located in Providence, Rhode Island that is the perfect backdrop for all your wedding celebrations. Offering only one wedding at a time, you'll find service tailored to your every need. With the charm of Providence and a stylish setting, this venue will meet all your expectations and more.
Facilities and Capacity
Hotel Providence is the perfect place for any wedding size, accommodating for a grand reception and an intimate gathering. The Tilden Thurber Ballroom has an elegant setting with 2022 square feet of space and accommodates up to 150 guests seated, or 170 for cocktail style. The Blackstone Terrace is a magical rooftop that can host a party of up to 80 guests seated, or 125 for cocktail style, where you can celebrate right under the stars.
The hotel’s talented wedding coordinators will make sure that they create a wedding that is personalized for you. Along with a wide range of deluxe rooms and suites for you and your guests, this venue also provides these upscale amenities, including:
Other couples have also viewed:
39 Reviews for Hotel Providence
Recommended by 96% of couples
2 User photos
James Flynn · Getting married on 07/12/2020
Hotel Providence New Year's Eve Wedding
Better late than never. Our wedding was nearly 1 year ago.Sent on 11/30/2019
If I could describe Kate from Hotel Providence in one word, it would be professional. She was very responsive and helped guide us through our New Year's eve wedding; it was clear this was not her first rodeo. The hotel is a lovely and very unique space. The rooms are great and 100% pet friendly, which was a great bonus for us and several guests as well.
There are also great outdoor areas that would be awesome for a summer wedding, but even in the winter, we had a blast, and would definitely recommend.
Amber Wilkin · Married on 10/19/2019
Just... AMAZING. Exceeded Our Expectations In Every Way Possible!
Hotel Providence truly gave my fiancée and I the wedding of our dreams. The venue and its staff could not have been any better!
So here are 10 strange and off-beat things that you probably won’t think about when planning your wedding, but they’re things that all end up *really* mattering to how great your weekend is:
(1) How nice / fancy/ *BALLER* is your hotel room the night of your wedding? (unbelievable….. Oprah stayed in the same room they gave us FOR FREE! It’s enormous, and so fancy!)
(2) Will the venue let you reserve their entire restaurant for free the night before your wedding for your rehearsal dinner? (Um… what?! They really did that. And they had appetizers on the table waiting for us after our ceremony rehearsal)
(3) Will all of the entire venue staff be super sweet and gracious and go out of their way to remember your name? (YES! Even down to the valet parkers!)
(4) Will the wedding planner at the venue be unbelievably responsive and answer all of your questions / emails / phone calls within an hour or less in the months leading up to the wedding?! (What?!? YES! She DOES! Even when you’ve already emailed her like 30 times already that week!)
(5) Will the FREE hotel room that the venue gives you be big enough so you can get ready with your entire bridal party, your Mom, your makeup person & your photographer all in the same space, AND give you enough room to spread out lunch for everyone? (YES! It was where OPRAH stayed! It’s huge!)
(6) How easily will I be able to unload all my wedding decorations / signs / suitcases / photo-booth / gear? (pull up in front! They’ll help you unload all your boxes of decorations and be *super* careful with your dress. And then they’ll park for you.)
(7) Will the venue staff be running around behind the scenes like crazy, moving centerpieces & decorations, running to get the wedding vows when you forgot them in your room, all while making it look *effortless and seamless*?? (Why…. YES! They DO!)
(8) Will it be 100% awesome for 100% of your guests to find hotels / airb’n’bs/ etc within walking distance of your ceremony & reception? (YES! Everyone *loved* that they were so close to us)
(9) Will the chef go out of his way to accommodate everything that you’d like to have at the times you want it? (YES! 1,000%)
(10) Will everyone tell you, after your wedding, how delicious the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and how comfortable and happy they felt at your wedding? (YEP! They absolutely did!)
I could go on and on and on about why Hotel Providence is the most perfect place in Rhode Island to pick for your wedding venue.
And TBH, we picked it because it was, by far, the most affordable of the 30 different venues that we researched in Rhode Island.
But that turned out to be the least important thing about it… (besides the fact that having our wedding there saved us *thousands* of dollars).
The most important thing about picking Hotel Providence for your wedding venue is that they look after *every* *single* detail, and make SURE that along every step of the way, the bride and groom are having a wonderful, stress-free day.
And they make you feel super special and super important while they’re doing it.
Thank you Kate!! Thank you Emily!!
We could not have possibly loved your venue any more.
Cheers, Amber & Phil
Sent on 11/06/2019
Lauren Merida-Zavala · Married on 10/06/2019
Perfect spot for my wedding
The venue and staff was absolutely amazing for my october wedding! The main stage room and ceremonial area were set up so well and perfect for the fall day. Anything and everything we needed or wanted was cared for by the staff. I had the best experience and felt so comfortable working with Kate. If I ever have an event, I will be checking here again.Sent on 10/26/2019
This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:
Hotel Providence Price Rates
Sign a contract for your wedding before 12/31/2019 and receive a complimentary upgrade to your choice of Chiavari Chairs. New bookings only, cannot be combined with other offers.
Beautiful venue and professional, dedicated staff.
Rhonda and her staff will be sure to make your event unforgettable... Hotel Providence is a Gem!