Hotel Providence Reviews

31 | Providence, RI

31 Reviews for Hotel Providence

Ghaziyah Shadid · Getting married on 08/17/2019

Hired for Wedding and Ceremony venue

This is a hidden treasure in Providence. This venue is perfect for a city wedding, with a touch of character. It is a quaint hotel and location. This venue can host up to 150 wedding guests. The service we have recieved since the first email has been amazing! A breath of fresh air!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Nolan

Anne · Married on 07/13/2019

Best venue ever!

We were delighted with everything about the Hotel Providence. The venue is a beautiful, restored hotel and the ceremony was held on their terrace under a canopy with chandeliers. Then the reception was in the main dining room and the outside courtyard which was perfect for the July evening weather. The food was fabulous and everything we could have asked for. Our guests raved about the venue and the food. Best of all, the event coordinator, Kate was absolutely the best! She handled everything from beginning to end, including reserving our suite where we stayed in the same room that Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, and Oprah Winfrey had stayed in! She brought us champagne while we were having hair and makeup done and made sure that every detail went smoothly and perfectly. Couldn't have done it without her and her wonderful staff, who were all so nice and pleasant. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for any kind of party you might wish to have here.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Heather

Heather Bourgeois Shippie · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing from start to finish!!

Book this!! From start to finish Kate Heemsoth and her team were assuring, amazing and did a gorgeous job! Organized, attentive, always responsive. We looked at 11 venues and kept coming back to Kate and her team. Nobody could do what she did and work with our budget. The best.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Nick Freeman · Married on 04/20/2019

Phenomenal

Our wedding was perfect. Hotel Providence is gorgeous and the staff took care of our every need. Our guests loved the rooms, the food, and the atmosphere. It was everything we’d hoped for.

Sent on 04/21/2019

Dina · Married on 08/24/2018

Kate, Greg and the entire staff at Hotel Providence were amazing. Our wedding was everything we wanted, we were able to incorporate a few items from the regular menu to our reception which was awesome cause (Aspire) now Backstage Kitchen & Bar was where we met on our first date. The hotel accommodations have a romantic setting and were immaculate. We were able to access the roof to take some great wedding pictures, which happens to be one of my favorites. Kate helped take the ease out of wedding planning by taking over and letting me know what starts when. The banquet staff did a fantastic job of transforming all the spaces for our special day. Our cocktail reception was on the tented terrace, dinner was in the main dining area with access directly outside to our dance floor. PERFECT! Again, I thank all of you and would highly recommend Hotel Providence for a wedding reception.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Jackie · Married on 07/28/2018

I would not have changed one thing! Kate and all the staff were so helpful and so nice. Everyone who came to our wedding said it was one of the best they have been to! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Everyone involved in the wedding went above and beyond to accommodate and make sure our day was beautiful. The ambianice of the restaurant and bar coupled with outstanding food made the night spectacular. The staff was professional, classy, fun, and well prepared. Angela met my every request and went above and beyond to make sure everything was what I had requested or said I liked. The bridal attendant Sarah was amazing and so calming and attentive to my every need. I cannot say enough about how wonderful our wedding was and how excellent the staff was. People commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Sarah!
    Such a pleasure. A BIG CONGRATS to you and Shane!
    All the best in your new lives together!!

Come visit us soon. :)

Angela

Vicki · Married on 10/09/2016

My daughter and her now husband were looking for a restaurant venue to accommodate a medium sized wedding, with the ceremony and reception held at the same location. They wanted a classy, but low key vibe, with great food and great service. We couldn't have been happier with the result. Angela and her staff were amazing, and the event was a great success! No detail was forgotten, and as a result of their attentiveness, we all had a great day, without any worries.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

Angela was great to work with and super sweet. I had my ceremony, reception, cake and wedding guest favors all handled by silvershellhospitality and it was all fantastic. Max is an amazing chef and many guests told me it was the best wedding reception they had ever been to. I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Emily!
    From all of us at Silvershell, we truly thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. It was a true pleasure!

All the very best to you and Kevin!

We all hope to see you soon.

Angela

Angela Pandolfi
    Director of Sales and Events
    Silvershell Hospitality at Hotel Providence
    401-861-8000, ext. 105
    angela.pandolfi@silvershellhospitality.com

From our engagement to our fun filled wedding weekend Silvershell Hospitailty and Hotel Providence have made us feel important!
    The service is the best you are going to receive! The best!
    The quality of the staff and the food. 10 out of 10!
    Their attention to details and making your every request come to life? 10 out of 10
    If you want a a stress less and enjoyable wedding, rehearsal dinner or honestly whatever you can think of Angela and the team @ Silvershell will make it happen.
    We wish We could do it all again, forever grateful!! Thank you for the bottom of our hearts.
    Mr.'s R&R Simoes Walsh

Sent on 09/22/2016

Rob and Ron!
    What a true pleasure it was getting to know you and allowing us to be a part of your special day!
    You are gems, and we all wish you true happiness in your new lives together!

Angela Pandolfi
    Director of Sales and Events

Ginger · Married on 08/21/2016

Do not waste time looking elsewhere. Hotel Providence and the services of Silvershell Hospitality is the way to go.
    Every detail is attended to with personal interests of the consumer taken into account.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Ted · Married on 07/23/2016

Everything went great and smooth. Angela was great to deal with and made things very easy for us. The food was great, bar service was great and the ceremony in the terrace was awesome.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Dawn · Married on 07/09/2016

My wedding was outstanding due to the wonderful team at Hotel Providence. I was over the moon happy with everything. They truely went above and beyond for my guests and I. I wish I could relive my wedding weekend all over. Thank you Hotel Providence for my dream wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Susan · Married on 04/23/2016

We had a very positive experience working with Angela and her associates (Aubrey, Andrew, Gardner and others) at Silvershell Hospitality- the new owners of the Rosmarin restaurant and Tarragon bar at Hotel Providence. We booked our wedding reception with the Hotel before the management change so had some concerns about the transition, but those were put to rest immediately after we met Angela, and Max, executive chef, and the sous chef. Angela listened to our ideas, made helpful suggestions, tracked down answers immediately to our questions, and was patient and responsive in every way. The kitchen prepared an amazing dinner for our 85 guests. The salmon, chicken, and vegetarian risotto dinner options were all prepared beautifully and we received only positive feedback from guests about the food and the service.. Angela also helped us plan a day after breakfast for our guests in the Johnson & Wales room upstairs which also was enjoyable with every detail considered. We chose Hotel Providence for its elegant yet not overly formal dining room - perfect size for our party - the location, and great accommodations for out of town guests. We couldn't have been happier with our wedding reception and overall experience with Hotel Providence and Silvershell Hospitality and would book another event here with no hesitations.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Sue and George!
    It was our true pleasure to have you and to host your big day!
    From all of us at Silvershell, we wish you both all the best in your new lives together, and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a apart of your lasting memories.

Sincerely,
    Angela and team

Karen · Married on 09/26/2015

As mother of the bride I was very nervous that something would go wrong, Rhonda English made sure my fears were put to rest. Rhonda and all of the staff at Hotel Providence went above and beyond. My daughter's wedding was elegant, the food at the cocktail hour and reception was exceptional. Rhonda made sure to keep everything moving smoothly and was courteous, professional and always had a smile. You can't go wrong with Rhonda!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Vicki · Married on 07/25/2015

Rhonda was absolutely amazing!!! She was so easy to work with and made sure everything was followed through with perfectly ! Our wedding was wonderful, we continue to get compliments of "best wedding ever!" daily from our guests. I owe a great deal to Rhonda and her staff for being so attentive and going above and beyond! Thank you for making all my wedding day wishes a reality!
    xoxoxo

Sent on 08/10/2015

Joshua · Married on 07/26/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception back in July at the Hotel Providence. Rhonda English worked with us on planning an event the exceeded our expectations! The Chef worked with us on the menu and the food was delicious. Rhonda and the staff were easy to work with and went above and beyond. I work with a lot of hotel event managers and sale staff. I have to say that Rhonda is one if the best I have ever worked with. Strongly consider the Hotel Providence for your event! We are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary stay!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Allie · Married on 09/01/2013

This review is long over due... My husband and I got married here September 1, 2013. The best word to describe our wedding was perfect! Rhonda English is by far the best in the industry. She was there every step of the way from booking to planning and to most importantly executing a wonderful day/ evening for all who attended our wedding. We visited Aspire for my birthday one year and while we were sitting in the dining room my husband said we would be having our wedding here. The quality and presentation of food is far superior to any other venue in RI. The atmosphere in Aspire is chic yet very welcoming and the bartenders and wait staff strive to make sure your experience is wonderful. Rhonda coordinated all of our vendors; floral, dj, photographers, etc to be sure everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding. She even offered to bring us Dunkin Donuts the morning of while getting ready! :) If you are looking for a beautiful venue, professional staff and excellent food, you better choose Hotel Providence! I am still getting compliments about our wedding from guests of all ages.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Ryan · Married on 04/28/2012

The venue is beautiful and the food is amazing. All the employees were very helpful and kind. Everything was perfect, it was truly the best day of my life.

Sent on 11/28/2012

nicole · Married on 04/28/2012

This place comes highly recommended. We chose this location almost solely off of their director of catering, Rhonda. She was my bridal consultant and she was beyond amazing. Not to mention the food was fantastic. They made our big night absolutely perfect down to the last detail. We def made the right decision on choosing hotel providence.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Deb · Married on 10/09/2011

My daughter and son-in-law had their wedding at the Hotel Providence Columbus Day weekend 2011. The staff and Rhonda English made their day so smooth and wonderful. Anything we needed they were right there to help.
    We had food stations throughout the reception, something many of us had never seen, and it was amazing how each station was timed perfectly with our appetites!! And the food, it was superb!!!!!! The guests were raving about the service and how they'd never been to a wedding like this.
    Everything went off without a hitch and 3.5 years later, when my daughter comes up in conversation, people still tell me how much they loved their experience. We had at least half of the guest list travel quite a way for the wedding and accommodations were wonderful.
    I really can't thank the Hotel Providence staff, and especially Rhonda English, enough, for all she/they did for my daughter and son-in-law to make sure it was a day that all their dreams came true!!
    It is a beautiful spot, that whole week was gorgeous, there was a Water Fire ( Gloria Gemma ) and the air was electric!!!!
    P.S. The wedding date was 10/8/2011.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/08/2011

We initially chose Hotel Providence for our wedding reception because of the perfect location in the heart of Providence and the beautiful restaurant/courtyard, then we met Rhonda English and were completely in love! Rhonda was professional and easy to talk to to and work with.
    The reception was absolutely beautiful. The food was phenomenal. Everything went perfectly. My guests said it the best wedding they'd ever been to. They still talk about it to this day. The service was perfect and never missed a beat. Many of my guests stayed at the hotel and loved the rooms.
    We love to travel to RI and visit Hotel Providence. It's one the best hotels downtown!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Cynthia · Married on 09/24/2011

The Hotel Providence and wedding planner Rhonda English gave my daughter the most wonderful wedding. It was almost 3 years ago and people are still commenting what a beautiful wedding my daughter and her husband had.

The Hotel atmosphere was so pretty, and the food was top notch. My guests complimented us all night regarding the dinner.

Since this was first time plannig a wedding, Rhonda was there all the way, She was good at her job, I let Rhonda makes lots of suggestions and we used lots of them...

I suggest you give The Hotel Providence a chance to prove what I have been saying for 3 years.....the "best wedding ever"......all the staff treated us like royality.....

Sent on 02/13/2015

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2011

The Hotel Providence is absolutely beautiful and is an ideal part of the city. All of the employees were very helpful the days leading up to my wedding and the day of. Rhonda, the wedding coordinator, made sure it was a day to remember and ensured it went smoothly. She took away all of my anxiety about planning away and left me with just the excitement of the day. Rhonda is very knowledgeable, professional, and now a friend for life. Tom Craig, the florist, was amazing as well. My bouquets and arrangements were exactly how I wanted them and we're fresh and beautiful. I am so thankful to Rhonda and Tom, as well as all of the staff at the Hotel Providence. I definitely encourage any bride to have their ceremony and reception there. I got married under a tent on the balcony on the roof top. It was absolutely stunning.

Sent on 02/15/2015