Huntington Beach, CA, Huntington Beach, CA 90742 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 24
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Positively Charming

Positively Charming is a wedding and event planning business in La Mirada, California. Carissa knew she wanted to be an event planner at a young age, which allowed her to start internships in high school and college before jumping into her career. Carissa is calm during events and detail-oriented, which is an important aspect for executing flawless events.

The small, seemingly insignificant details of a wedding, are what make it a one-of-a-kind day. She offers partial planning, day-of coordination and event design. She takes over all control and responsibilities on your wedding day so that you can just be the bride and take in your special day. Her planning services include timelines, to-do lists, vendor referrals and budget analysis.

13561101515201945423962074351010n
Reception Wedding Party Table
Reception Wedding Party Table
Sweethearts!
Sweethearts!
7/11 Wedding day = Free Icees!
7/11 Wedding day = Free Icees!
DIY Centerpieces

Positively Charming 6
Positively Charming 7
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/30/2017

Winds called for quick thinking!

My (now) husband and I planned our wedding for over a year. Immediately, after getting engaged, we knew we wanted to have Carissa be our day of coordinator to make our vision come to life on our big day. We knew she was a great choice in regards to her organizational, relational, and leadership skills.

Like any wedding, you can plan, plan, plan, and there will always be a small detail that was overlooked during planning, or a hicccup from a vendor, etc. Carissa was more than leader, truly, she needs to wear a cape because she was super woman!

We had heavy winds the day of our wedding which called for a lot of quick thinking and problem solving in regards to our set up and decor. Carissa went above and beyond in many regards. For example: she made sure all of our name tents were taped down (something I didn't plan on); she also made sure our signs were adequately placed so they would not tumble with the wind, etc. Additionally, Carissa was overseeing all of our vendors who in some way or another also ran into unforeseen challenges. She worked with them and directed them on how to readjust. In the end I was so pleased with the outcome.

My favorite part of having Carissa on our big day was right before walking out for our entrance into the reception. She made it a point for my husband and I to have a few moments to ourselves and just pause. Wow. Looking back, I can not say how much I truly appreciated that moment. The day goes by so quickly that often times you don't get to connect with your newlywed spouse because your busy greeting guests or going from the toasts to the money dance, or something else. So the moments that Carissa purposely orchestrated for us to pause, eat, pray, and dance were such a gift.

As you can imagine, it is nearly impossible to sit and eat dinner with family members coming to the newlywed table and chatting. Well Carissa seriously delivered for this portion of our day. After standing in the receiving line greeting our guests, Carissa had our dinner, nice and hot, waiting for us at our table. Our hearts were overjoyed!

She's truly amazing and will go above and beyond your expectations. She is diligent, passionate, creative, caring, and very organized! I can not even imagine how our vendors and the small details that needed to be adjusted spontaneously, would have all worked out. It would have been mayhem. Truly, my husband and I were so blessed to have Carissa spearhead the coordinating of our big day.

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Positively Charming 12
    Positively Charming 13
    Positively Charming 14

Positively Charming's reply:

Kimberly, you're awesome. Thank you so much for the review! Yours and Enrique's wedding was so beautiful and I feel blessed I was able to be a part of it!

Morgan Knight · Married on 11/07/2015

Amazing Wedding Coordinator!

Carissa was an incredible wedding coordinator! She helped me stay organized and sane throughout the wedding planning process and was helpful with keeping my extremely large wedding party (20 of us!) on time to each part of the day. The thing I liked best about having Carissa as our wedding coordinator was that I was able to enjoy the day and was not ever bothered with questions or having to worry about something not going right because she took care of it before it ever got to me. In fact, I found out about things that could have gone wrong after I returned from my honeymoon that Carissa took care of and I never even knew about since it was handled perfectly.

Another thing that I especially appreciated was feeling cared for beyond just keeping the day moving and going smoothly. She looked out for how my husband and I were feeling emotionally and made sure to carve out time for us to rest, take a break from pictures, and made sure we stayed hydrated and actually got to eat our meal. She helped keep the focus of the day about us. It is so easy for that to get lost when you have many guests that you want to please, so we appreciated having someone to step in and look out for our best interest. Hiring Carissa for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Positively Charming's reply:

Thanks so much for the review and for the thoughtful words, Morgan! It was such a special wedding to be a part of 💕

Positively Charming Pricing

Positively Charming Price Rates

Positively Charming FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 2,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 75.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Destination, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2