Evansbrook Ct, Columbia, SC 29223 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 72

About Platinum Label Weddings

My story began 17 years ago, when I took on the role of wedding planner and decorator for my brother’s wedding. On top of the challenge itself, I had to work remotely in New York City (where I was living at the time), while my brother was living in Trinidad.

Despite the thousands of miles separating me from my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law, I was able to successfully coordinate and plan every last detail of their big day. My work left a lasting impression on not only the bride and groom, but also on the hundreds of guests who attended the wedding.

Word spread quickly about the phenomenal event, leading to rave reviews from not only friends and family, but also the local Trinidadian talk show “Community Dateline.” My career as a wedding planner and decorator was officially born.

I have a unique background that has shaped me into the wedding planner and decorator I am today. Born and raised on the island nation of Trinidad, I came to the United States to continue my education. While living in New York City, I worked for major luxury retailers.During my time at Bergdorf Goodman, My exceptional customer service led to an impressive celebrity clientele.

Now residing in South Carolina, I have taken my prior luxury fashion retail experience and tailored it toward my career as a wedding planner and decorator. I currently operates my own wedding planning and decorating business,Platinum Label Weddings, in Columbia, South Carolina. I attributes much of my success to my attention to detail, allowing me to plan one-of-a-kind weddings. I ensures that the client always comes first, so listening is key for planning their special day. I believe every client deserves the height of customer service and professionalism. I continually creates a planning experience that caters to every aspect of the wedding process, giving the bride a day she and her guests will always remember.

Platinum Label Weddings can help you plan your perfect wedding from Planning, Floral Design, Decorating, Styling and Maleup Artistry. Our experienced team acknowledges the uniqueness of each couple and their love story, which is why we offer customizable planning packages. This helps each couple experience a one-of-a-kind wedding that truly meets their needs. We are prepared to travel near or far to fulfill all your destination wedding dreams.

• Black-owned
  • LGBTQ+-owned

Other couples have also viewed

• Forever Classic Events

Photos 71 Photos
Videos 1 Video

19 Reviews for Platinum Label Weddings

Holly B. · Getting married on 06/25/2022

My review is limited since I didn’t get to work personally with Shawn. My review is based on the fact that he has taken time to help when he realized

Shawn was recommended by our venue contact person. Unfortunately he was already booked even more than a year out for our wedding date in June 2022. Even so, he has provided advice and suggestions for various vendors. When I mention to a vendor that Shawn recommended them, it is always met with positive comments about Shawn. He has never charged for the times I have called on him for his opinion. My only regret is that I don’t have him to plan my entire wedding.

Sent on 04/22/2021

Hi Holly,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. You have an amazing group of vendors that would make your wedding day everything you want it to be. It was my pleasure to help in any little way I could.

Best,
  • Francinea

Francinea M. · Married on 03/28/2021

Speechless

Guys, I absolutely did not plan to write anything because honestly I am so overwhelmed! What made me write a review was the fact that I know others read these reviews and look for guidance like I did! When I tell you from the beginning to the end of my wedding which was all prepared and layer out by the One and Only Shawn, This is why my title is speechless! He is the absolute best very professional, he will turn your wedding into a dream come true! I looked for a friend in my decorator/coordinator and I received that! He goes beyond your expectations I can write a book but I would absolutely rate above 5 stars if I could! I felt love, compassion,and dedication, in everything when I walked down that aisle I absolutely am amazed by his work and it is nothing that will stop him from making your day special! He goes above and beyond!!!!!

Sent on 04/05/2021

Platinum Label Weddings's reply:

Francinea it was such a pleasure working with you thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you so much for trusting and listening to my advise and allowing me to be creative.

Latoya J. · Married on 12/07/2020

Shawn is a lifesaver!

Shawn was very helpful during our elopement! Due to the pandemic, we were unsure what we wanted our ceremony to look like and were still putting things together the day of. Shawn jumped in right away and helped with those last minute details. We will definitely contact him next year when we have our ceremony with friends and family!

Sent on 07/30/2020

Hi LaToya,
    It was a pleasure to accommodate you both and make your elopement a special day, with moments that you will both treasure.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Platinum Label Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1200
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 5000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 125
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Evansbrook Ct Columbia, SC, 29223 See on map
    803-297-1277 (Phone number)
    Location of (Platinum Label Weddings)