Evansbrook Ct, Columbia, SC 29223 Map · Phone number

About Platinum Label Weddings

Platinum Label Weddings is a wedding planning and decorating business based in Columbia, South Carolina, which also serves the Greenville area. Shawn Mohammed, who is the owner of this business, became interested in the wedding industry when he helped plan and coordinate his brother’s wedding. His talent soon became known throughout the area, which eventually prompted and encouraged him to start his own business. With every wedding he helps plan and carry out, he pays special attention to the little details so that everything is perfect and tailored to the couple’s style.

Platinum Label Weddings can help you plan your wedding from the beginning until the end. He acknowledges the uniqueness of each couple and their love story, so he decided to offer customizable planning packages. This helps each couple experience a one-of-a-kind wedding that truly meets their needs. The packages that you can customize include a Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum option. Other available services to make your planning process stress-free include the following:

• Budget analysis

Platinum Label Weddings 6
Platinum Label Weddings 7
  • Shomari

Shomari Barnes · Married on 09/21/2019

There's not enough words to express our gratitude

As a young couple we didn't know much about planning a wedding. After we set our date we searched many wedding venues and came across one in particular. We met with the clubhouse manager and our conversation led to him asking did we have a decorator/wedding planner. We answered no and he gave us the wedding planner's business card.
    The thought never really crossed our mind mainly because we didn't think it would fit in our budget. After our first conversation and meeting in person I knew from then that he was what we needed to make our dream wedding come true. I couldn't have better things to say about working with Shawn and his team. Throughout the planning process, Shawn was attentive, organized and resourceful. He introduced us to other amazing vendors and he didn't pressure us to use them. I would HIGHLY recommend his services to anyone who desires to have a stress free, unique, and elegant wedding day.
    Shawn goes above and beyond for his clients. He makes the bride feels her most prettiest and the groom feel like the luckiest man in the world. Shawn and his team did a phenomenal job on our wedding decor and making sure everything ran smoothly. The set up of tables, chairs, cocktail hour etc was executed perfectly. I received several great comments from friends and family on how beautiful everything was. I am quite confident when I say that if you book him for your full wedding planning (or partial wedding planning) that you will have a beautiful wedding experience! I was not a worried bride that day because of you!!

Thank you again Shawn! We love you!!

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Platinum Label Weddings 8

Platinum Label Weddings's reply:

It was our pleasure working with you both, thank you for giving us the opportunity. I do hope you both know how much we appreciate the trust and confidence you had in us.
    Best,Shawn
  • Telly

Telly · Married on 08/31/2019

Touched by an Angel...

I first met Shawn at a Bridal Expo, and we somehow kept bumping into one another. After our last run in, he invited me to one of his events which left me so impressed!
    So, I immediately booked him for my date. I didn’t realized that our relationship would be solidified over time.
    Throughout the course of the year, I trusted him to ensure our wedding was the wedding of our dreams, and we truly felt like Shawn expanded our budget to exceed all that we could ever think. Our wedding came together and went on without a hitch all because of Shawn. Our bridal party and groomsmen did not live remote to Columbia, and while I had help from my Matron of Honor, in the thick of the moment when I needed someone physically there- Shawn was always around. He was there to be my support once I picked my dress, at every fitting, and was like my knight in shining armor when I needed to express my exact wishes about alterations. He was a great male support to my husband; he picked the suits and bowties for the groomsmen and the perfect shoes to set off my husband's attire.
    Being a bride is one of the most stressful things one can ever endure before matrimony. Shawn was always on point. Majority of the time, he called me before I got around to calling him with queries on how things were going or what to do next. He would always make sure that I couldn’t micromanage a thing because it was covered and thought about even before I could ask.
    As I come to think about it, I now see that all of the stress that I had during the process was what I put on myself, and came to realize that Shawn had covered everything; from the flowers to the vendors, and even helping me get the most out of our budget, he was always there. He is so polite, frugal, and has great negotiation skills. He had great rapport with all of my vendors and exudes electrifying energy. I appreciate his creativity and how improvisational he was to help paint the picture of what our wedding would become the day of.
    The day of our wedding, Shawn had everything under control. He was extremely efficient and lowered himself to be there to make sure I shined. He never stayed in one place, and whenever I wasn’t so enamored by my union under God with my husband, Shawn was there to give me a thumbs up and a well-received congratulations. He calmed both me and my father down before sending us down the aisle, and his energy electrified everyone he met.
    After the wedding was over everyone had given an overwhelming applause and kudos to him for pulling off “the wedding of the year”, and I hope he knows how APPRECIATED he is. I’ve always said that I wanted to “win a wedding” as I waited for my King to find me, and Shawn made me feel like I’ve hit the lotto and every wedded request I wished, he granted. He made me feel royal and the Lord truly gifted us with so much favor to manifest a spiritual event beyond what I could’ve ever envisioned. My husband, Anthony always said that he wanted our wedding to trump over Cinderella’s, and because of Shawn, Cinderella may have to throw another wedding!
    I can go on and on about how spectacular Shawn was in this process, and I hope anyone who reads this review truly gets to experience the expression of love and trust that I have now received and exchanged with Shawn. Being a new resident to South Carolina, I would actually be able to say that Shawn has become one of my most genuine friends. He has helped me when no one else could be there, and kept me calm when I was coming into what could’ve been the most stressful experience of my life. THANK YOU so much Shawn!
    Love,

Platinum Label Weddings 21
    Platinum Label Weddings 22
  • Meesun

Meesun & Victor Rubio · Married on 08/03/2019

A day to always remember!

Platinum Label Weddings turned an idea into reality and assisted in making our wedding day very special. The level of professionalism we encountered was nothing short of amazing. When we had questions and or concerns the team was responsive and attentive to our wants. Platinum Label Weddings made it very easy to partner with them, ultimately leading to a successful planning and wedding day. A special thank you to Shawn!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Platinum Label Weddings's reply:

Meesun & Victor it was a pleasure working with you both, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day.

Shawn

Platinum Label Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List Creation, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3