Pink Olive Events is a wedding and event planning company based in Cheshire, Connecticut, that services all of Connecticut and beyond. Owner Carisa Lockery has been in the wedding industry for over 12 years, where she has planned and coordinated hundreds of weddings, both intimate and grand. Throughout the wedding planning process, the Pink Olive Events team will be with you every step of the way, offering insightful, helpful and detailed assistance as you plan one of the most exciting days of your lives.
Pink Olive Events is a full-service wedding planning company that is available for planning cultural, religious and non-religious ceremonies, civil unions and elopements. Prior to your wedding day, the team will sit down with you to go over your budget, refer you to preferred vendors, and write up a series of timelines and to-do lists that will keep the planning on track. Pink Olive Events offers day-of coordination and partial or full planning.
Other couples have also viewed
28 Reviews for Pink Olive Events
Recommended by 100% of couples
18 User photos
Jennifer · Getting married on 06/11/2021
One day, scrolling on Facebook, I saw an ad for Pink Olive Events and they were offering a minimony wedding package. Being that I’d always wanted a small intimate wedding and also don’t do well with planning, this seemed like a match made in heaven. I instantly contacted Carisa and from that very first conversation I knew I could trust her. She answered every question I had, and trust me, there were many. With this minimony package, Carisa promised that we’d just have to “show up and get married”, and we did just that. She took care of every detail and her talent showed the minute we arrived. Every vendor that was part of my day was so friendly and professional. Every guest was wowed by the location and the set up of the wedding. The romantic, rustic, riverfront themed wedding day that Carisa created for us was beyond our expectations. Her talents and passion for wedding planning are unmatched and I look forward to referring her to anyone that wants to have a wedding.Sent on 09/22/2020
Jillian P. · Married on 10/24/2020
Recommend a 10000000%
Like so many couples our plans ended up changing because of the pandemic. We hired Liz for day of coordination, and was there for us, through much more! When we made the final decision (2 months prior) for a slightly adjusted wedding Liz was there anytime we needed her. She had never worked with our venue before, but I would have never known! Having her there the day of, made everything seamless and easy for not just my husband and I, but the entire bridal party. She kept us all in line, not in an overbearing, aggressive way at all! I had also realized a month before that I had forgotten to book hair for my girls, she gave me an amazing recommendation that worked out perfectly! We had a beautiful, fun and relaxed wedding during a pandemic and so much of that is thanks to the ladies at Pink Olive!!! We can't recommend them enough!Sent on 11/11/2020
Theresa M. · Married on 10/10/2020
I can't even begin to say enough good things about Pink Olive events! I booked Carisa two years prior to our wedding because of all the good things I had heard! Carisa worked with us when the pandemic hit and made sure that she did everything she could possibly do for us! We had to make some changes and go with a micro wedding on our original wedding date. She ensured our wedding day went smoothly and her timeline was perfect for every one of our vendors to utilize! We cannot wait to work with Pink Olive again in April for our larger reception!Sent on 10/13/2020
If you can't imagine re-planning your wedding from square 1, our Postponement Package is the service for you.
We will work with your venue to find possible future dates that will work for everyone. Keep in mind they have many more weddings to reschedule besides yours, so patience is key. From what I've seen, most venues are going in order, month by month. So, they are rebooking August, September, October couples first.
We will work with your vendors to see if they are available for the new date, and if not, we will find comparable replacements. In the instance that they cannot be utilized due to availability, we will work with them to see what can be done about getting your deposit back.
We will make the uncomfortable phone calls to your guests and either give them the new wedding date information or explain to them why they are no longer invited (limits on how many can gather, you are no longer having a large reception, etc.).
As an added bonus, if you decide to hire us for our Day Of Coordination service on your new date, you will get 10% off!
All in all, we are your advocate and voice of reason during this overly-emotional time. We have a lot of resources, so you might as well save yourself the stress and utilize them!
If you've had to start your venue search all over again due to availability, your venue not being able to accommodate the current guidelines or any other reason, then you'll want to take advantage of this limited time a la carte service.
We will do all of the legwork that you've already completed one time already and more! All we need from you is your style, guest count and budget and we will start contacting venues on your behalf.
We collect lots of information for you once we begin our inquiries, such as date availability, what is the minimum/maximum guest count, do they include food and staff or do you need to provide that separately and rental cost, just to name a few. You will get all of this information in an organized spreadsheet so that everything is in one place and you can easily make your decision.
Our "Split" Day Of Coordination Package has been a HUGE hit since COVID. So many couples are choosing to have a small ceremony now and the big reception later. This package allows us to be able to help you on both days!
Essentially, this is our Day Of Coordination package broken down into pieces to split between 2 separate days. Here are the deets:
• Coordination of the ceremony processional and recessional
• Final collection of any items that need to be set up at the ceremony, such as candles, programs, etc.
• Meet family and bridal party
*There is a 1 hour limit for the rehearsal. Anything over will be $25 per half hour.
• Ceremony setup and decorating
• Coordination of ceremony processional and recessional
• Up to 2 hours of service time
Prior to RECEPTION Day:
• Initial consultation with the couple
• Unlimited phone calls, emails and texts
• A walkthrough at the RECEPTION venue
• Regular check-ins to see how the planning is going
• Etiquette advisement
• Unlimited vendor referrals (attendance of meetings available upon request for an additional charge)
• Guaranteed exclusivity to your CEREMONY AND RECEPTION days
Month of RECEPTION Day:
• Final detail meeting with the couple 3-4 weeks prior to the wedding to tie up all the loose ends and go over inventory of items to be set up, rough outline, and names of bridal party, etc.
• Collection of all vendor contracts to confirm delivery locations, times, and final arrangements
• Confirm delivery locations, times, and final arrangements with all vendors
• Customized wedding day itinerary to be approved by the couple and distributed to all vendors so that everyone is on the same page
• “Go to” person for everyone, including family and vendors
• Distribution of final vendor payments and gratuities (if necessary)
• Reception setup and decorating
• Meet, greet and direct vendors and guests
• Ensure that specific parties are present when needed (i.e.: dad is in the room when the DJ announces the father/daughter dance)
• Assist DJ in gathering participants for the formal introductions
• Assist with the distribution and pinning of corsages, boutonnières and bouquets
• Ensure that setup is how bride and groom want, if done by the venue
• Keep bride, groom and vendors on the timeline or improvise as needed
• Use of wedding emergency kit
• Collect all personal items at the end of the night to be put in a designated place for a designated person to take
• Handle any issues that may arise
• At least one assistant with the head coordinator
• Up to 8 hours of service time
I've worked with Carissa at a few events and she is always on top of her game with details organized and everything ready to go as it should be. Not all planners are down to earth and calm but she is and I would work with her anytime!