Baltimore, MD, Reisterstown, MD 21136 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,600
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 2

About Photography by Brea

This business is the happiest accident of my life. What started as a hobby turned into my life’s mission. The most important thing in our short time on this planet is connection – and it’s the greatest honor of my life to be able to connect with so many amazing people and through my camera be able to show them how they love and how they are loved. After over 300 weddings and nearly a decade of this business, you’d think shooting weddings every weekend would get old. And there was a time that I was starting to feel that way… but that’s when I realized I was doing it wrong. Weddings aren’t about flowers and chair covers. They’re about people. This is the one time in your life everyone you love will be in one room. Each wedding is unique because the dynamic between each couple and each family is unique. That’s pretty f---ing cool.

Follow Photography by Brea on

169 Reviews for Photography by Brea

• Liz

Liz Crow · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Photography (and advice and styling and friendship) by Brea

Brea is an amazing woman and I'm so lucky I found her so she could be part of my wedding day. She is an incredibly talented photographer with a lot of experience in couple's photography. She literally taught me how to be comfortable in photos. My fiance and I were both nervous and skeptical about our engagement session. Brea taught us how to pose with each other. There was nothing cheesy or uncomfortable about the process. I feel like I always make a funny face or hold my arm weird, and we only spent 90 minutes together at the engagement shoot so I was unsure how it would all turn out. I was floored when I saw the photos.

By the time the wedding day arrived we put all our trust in Brea and she helped us along with a few notes and ideas. Our photos turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. And these are not the cookie cutter Pinterest sepia toned memories, these are authentically "us" memories make me cry with joy every time I look at them.

Brea works fast at every stage of the process. Brea and her team did not run around the wedding frantically creating distractions during the ceremony (I have definitely seen photographers acting frantic at other people's weddings). Brea and her team unobtrusively pop in and out of the moment to get the perfect photo. Brea starts editing as soon as the event ends. As early as the wedding night she was texting us choice moments from our day so we could immediately start posting professional photos on social media and sharing images with friends and family. Hundreds of proofs were fully edited and ready to download in my inbox within in a week. I don't know anyone else who works this fast. I think it must be because she genuinely enjoys her work and gets excited to see all the images.

I asked so many people for wedding photographer referrals. Most people I talked to told me they were not happy with the vendor they used. A coworker told me about Brea and I'm so glad I found her. To say she was flexible and easy to communicate with is the understatement of the century.

Brea is my secret honorary bridesmaid, my unofficial day of coordinator, and my personal vendor referral service all in one.

I felt very comfortable having Brea and her assistant Brooke in the bridal suite with me, even with the inevitable little moments of family drama that can spring up on a wedding day they helped me stay focused on feeling beautiful and excited for my wedding.

Because she knows how to get her photo and works so fast, Brea got us in and out of all our posed group photos and we still had plenty of time to mingle and enjoy our time with our guests.

Brea is such a talented and friendly businesswoman and so when I wanted a last minute videographer she was able to refer me to an amazing vendor in my price range. No need to research other local vendors - just ask Brea for her recommendations and she will point you in the right direction.

Brea is also great at working with animals and children. She is whimsical and playful but at heart she is a true romantic and her love of love comes through in every image. I am so grateful I met her and I look forward to working with her again when I am ready to document my next big personal milestone. Thank you Brea for helping me preserve these special memories!

Sent on 09/07/2020

Molly O'connor · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Our Photographer for Life

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our engagement and wedding; we feel so fortunate to have found Brea. When searching for our engagement photographer, we looked for pictures that were warm and charming (not stiff poses and/or blinding bright skies). What made Brea stand out from the rest was her portfolio, a literal showcase of those small moments people often miss, but, when caught on camera, can be treasured for a lifetime.

During our engagement session Brea did a tremendous job showing us how to pose in a natural way that would create beautiful pictures. After seeing our early morning cherry blossom pictures we knew there was no one else we wanted to photograph our wedding.

Fortunately, Brea was willing to travel for our Colorado wedding. Unfortunately, because of COVID we had to scrap our original wedding plans in Colorado for a “minimony” in DC at the last minute. With four weeks before our wedding, Brea understood completely and willing to work with us, even whipping up a new wedding timeline now that we no longer had our day-of planner. Brea encouraged us to be our “weird selves” on the big day; she caught some of our favorite moments, ones that reflect our personalities. Throughout the day Brea did a great job not disrupting these moments as she weaved in and out with her camera. She felt like one of our wedding guests … who just happens to take amazing pictures.

What we found in Brea was not only a photographer (and new friend) to capture this chapter of our lives, but someone to capture the rest of our lives. In addition to wedding ceremonies she does family photos as a day in the life, capturing an average day of a family. As we plan to grow our family over the years, we know that we will continue to hire her and look forward to a home with a gallery wall filled with pictures she took of our family from the beginning.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Dana

dana simms · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Heartfelt and stunning pictures!

We cannot recommend Brea enough. She came highly recommended to us by our friend who is in the wedding business. After a quick look at her work, we knew we wanted her as the photographer for our wedding. You can tell by her pictures that Brea not only knows how to capture the “standard” wedding shots but also captures the emotions and little moments that really make a wedding.

Not only does Brea take absolutely stunning photos, but also she is an absolute joy to work with. For our engagement pictures, Brea (and Tommy, who is also incredible) hiked with their photography equipment on the Billy Goat trail near Great Falls. They found beautiful spots along the hike to take our pictures; the pictures were stunning, and better than we imagined. By the end of the shoot, we were sad to see them leave because we had such a fun time hanging out with them. Needless to say, we knew we made the right choice in a photographer and were excited for her to take pictures for our big wedding. Then, the pandemic hit and we made the difficult decision to change our large wedding to a micro wedding with 16 people. Brea was nothing but professional and understanding of our situation, and was so helpful in planning a last-minute micro wedding. Even on the day of the wedding, my mom joked that since we decided not to have a wedding party there, Brea became my honorary maid of honor. She not only took pictures, but also helped me get ready – She is honestly just an incredible person.

We have already planned to use her for our postponed larger celebration, and even joke that if we cannot use her for that, we will use her in the future for her life photography. Even my family told me how wonderful she was to work with and how happy they were that we chose Brea to be our photographer. We are so grateful to her for capturing these important moments in our lives!

Sent on 08/30/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Photography by Brea FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3950
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5600
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Save the Date

2 Real Weddings

• District Remix Wedding DJs

Brea is SICK-AMAZING-FANTASTIC!!!!! Her photos are full of emotion and are a real visual punch. She makes the process of working with her super easy and delightful! Having Brea on the vendor team makes the party flow so much easier and tons of fun. BOOK HER NOW!!!

• East Made Event Company Wedding Planners

I loved meeting and working alongside Brea at a recent wedding! Her work is fantastic and she has a super-fast photo turnaround post-wedding. Prior to the wedding, she was quick to respond to emails, helped give valuable input about the photo timeline, and was just a breeze to work with! On the wedding day, she was also wonderfully relaxed--especially when rain forced us to shift around some photo locations to keep our bride dry :) I would highly recommend Photography by Brea!

• EVENTPRO Design and Production Wedding Decor & Lighting

Amazing photos, plain and simple. So awesome to work with, you can't go wrong with Brea! She is one of the coolest people ever, and it shows in her work!

• Reisterstown, 21136 See on map
    Location of (Photography by Brea)