1301 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant

The Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant is one of Cape May's most historic and iconic homes. From our beautiful ocean views to our award-winning chef and newly renovated guest rooms, this beachfront Georgian Revival mansion offers everything a couple could need to plan the wedding of their dreams!

Follow Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant on

1 User photo

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant 1
  • Valarie

Valarie · Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience from start to end!

My fiance and I selected PSI because we wanted something small and non-traditional (we ended up with approximately 40 guests). Before we even booked, Amy was available to answer my questions and was extremely helpful. The whole experience with PSI was excellent. I had a bit of sticker shock initially at the price per person, but it was all inclusive and I knew I wanted this venue. There were no hidden fees or surprises, and I really appreciated that everything was included and I knew it all up front. Knowing what other friends have been through with hidden expenses, PSI was actually relatively reasonable. On our wedding weekend, the staff was fantastic, the atmosphere was wonderful (our friends and family couldn't say enough good things), and the food was fantastic. I would recommend PSI to anyone looking for an intimate wedding with a great atmosphere!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2017

The Peter Shields Inn is the perfect wedding venue for a quaint oceanfront wedding! The B&B is picture perfect and the food and service was amazing!! We decided to forgo the beach wedding and say our vows on the front steps of PSI and we were pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous fall decor and abundance of monarch butterflies that surrounded us! Amy made sure all accommodations were handled and that the day was stress free. She went above and beyond when my son lost his boutonnière and made him a new one just moments before I walked down the isle. Every detail was attended to which allowed us to just relax and enjoy the happiest day of our lives!!! We are looking forward to celebrating many happy anniversaries with PSI in the years to come!!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant 2

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant's reply:

Nicole and Frank,

Thank you so much for your complimentary review! We absolutely loved hosting the two of you, your family and friends on your wedding day. Everything about your day (including the butterflies!!) turned out to be simply gorgeous!

It makes us so happy to know that you'll be back to visit us for celebrations in the future!

Wishing you a lifetime of love,

The Peter Shields Inn and Restaurant Staff

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I just had our wedding a couple of days ago at PSI, on June 18th. I can't say enough great things about this venue. Amy, their Wedding Coordinator, and the rest of the staff are phenomenal. We had a small wedding and reception of 37 people (including the wedding party), so the size of the venue was perfect. Our family was able to get all 9 rooms of the inn for the weekend so it was great to have the whole place to ourselves. The venue is beautiful, each room is great and the landscaping is beautiful, which really made our outdoor ceremony great. The food was all absolutely delicious and the service was amazing. We didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. Amy kept everything running smoothly from the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. The bottom line is basically that I can't say enough great things about PSI. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a Cape May wedding venue.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant's reply:

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words! We were truly honored to get to host your wedding day at PSI and are so glad to hear that everything turned out just as you dreamed it would!

Looking forward to seeing you back at PSI in the future!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness,

The Peter Shields Inn Staff

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant Pricing

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant Price Rates

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Beach, Historic Building, Inn/B&B
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Catering Services, Clean Up, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November

• 1301 Beach Avenue Cape May, NJ, 08204 See on map