Peppercorn Food Company

Cedar Rapids, IA View map Visit website

Peppercorn Food Company is a full-service catering company located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa that provides wedding services. We're Jude Villafana and wife and we offer everything from small to large, and simple to grand. We are here to customize the dining experience to the smallest of details.

Cuisine

Peppercorn Food Company offers delivery, setup, and cleanup of your wedding meal. All of our food is made from scratch and we pair that with exceptional service to create a wonderful dining experience for you and your guests. Our catering services include breakfasts, brunches, plated meals, buffets, family-style platters, hors d'oeuvres, stations, tapas, and more. We cook in culinary styles including classic American, Greek, Italian, and Latin American. We can also accommodate dietary requirements with dishes that are:

• Gluten-free
  • Nut-free
  • Vegetarian
  • Lactose-free
  • Organic
  • Pork-free
  • Vegan

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$38

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$25

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$35

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$12

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up
Server(s)
Tastings
Linens
Flatware

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$17

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Wine
House Liquor

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Breakfast / Brunch
Server(s)
Stations
Tapas
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Seafood
Southern
Southwestern
Spanish

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Outside Alcohol

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware

Message vendor
  • Steven
    Steven T. Married on 10/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best catered food in the CR area

Judd and his company were the absolute best. I am always hesitant about banquet food, it is usually cold chicken and you eat it because you are hungry. With these guys you went back for more, because it was amazing. I will never use anyone else to cater my events.
    Laura S. Married on 08/12/2022

Responsive and delicious

Jude and Chef Megan were incredible to work with. Jude was completely responsive to my requests, even with trying a new recipe for turkey dressing sandwiches. Chef Megan nailed the recipe! Everyone commented about the delicious food. There were no surprises with the billing. Everything was reasonably priced. I intend to partner with Peppercorn again for my next catered event.
    Emily Married on 10/03/2015

Hire this caterer!

Jude and his culinary team are amazing. You can order a delicious, hot meal for your wedding with an excellent staff that will care for all your guests' needs. His quick communication is so awesome, too. I love working with them and cannot wait for more weddings together.
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Team

Jude Villafana
Jude Villafana
Owner/Operator

I grew up in suburban Minneapolis with parents who were both from New York City. I was exposed to a fair amount of restaurants from early on. What I really liked to do though, was to help my mom in the kitchen as well as cook for myself. My mother was the type of person who was very humble and would make sure everyone was taken care of and fed before she would even sit down. This always stuck to me and as I entered college I spent my first two summers delivering pizzas and loved the fact that the more I hustled, the more money I made.

After College, I spent two years of Teaching then decided I better learn about restaurants since I wanted to own my own restaurant someday. I worked for Buca Di Beppo Restaurants for five years learning all facets of the operation. After I left, my wife and I opened Peppercorn Grill in suburban Minneapolis. We sold the restaurant three years later but always remembered the feeling of living my dream. From then until 2015 I ran a handful of restaurants that I added to my wealth of experience. That year I was recruited to move to Cedar Rapids, IA to turn around Popoli Ristorante which had opened 18 months prior. It was during the next five years I developed a passion for catering all the while learning about the local market. At the end of 2020, my wife and I decided to go out on our own, building on the success of Popoli Catering and opening Peppercorn Food Company. After a great first year (94 events) we added Peppercorn at the Bank as our very own venue space. We are poised to cater well over 140 events in 2022 and are looking forward to a great 2023 and beyond.

Megan Schultz
Megan Schultz
Executive Chef

Meet Megan Schultz from Grill Master to Farm to Table style cooking.

I enjoy finding new and creative Styles of cooking. I love bringing my country club, hotel background of traditional Classical cuisine with an elevated spin. My motto is finding the best quality ingredients and letting them showcase in the dishes!

I grew up in a small town in central Illinois where sitting around the family dinner table meant you drop all electronics, eat a home cooked meal, and connect with family about your day.
That鈥檚 where my love of cooking blossomed. The way a dish can bring you back to a particular memory, or moment in your life is incredibly special. I hope to bring happiness and love to someone鈥檚 big day through FOOD.

Ashton Hill Farm
路 Wedding DJs

101 3rd Ave SW Suite 100 Cedar Rapids, IA, 52404
319-200-5590
319-654-6044
Location of (Peppercorn Food Company)

Peppercorn Food Company frequently asked questions

At Peppercorn Food Company, what does the full wedding catering service cost include?

At Peppercorn Food Company, the cost of the full wedding catering service includes:
  • Delivery
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up
  • Server(s)
  • Tastings
  • Linens
  • Flatware

At Peppercorn Food Company, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Peppercorn Food Company includes:
  • Bartender(s)
  • House Beer
  • House Wine
  • House Liquor

What event services does Peppercorn Food Company offer for weddings?

Peppercorn Food Company offers the following event services for weddings:
  • Delivery
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up

What catering services does Peppercorn Food Company provide for weddings?

Peppercorn Food Company offers the following catering services for weddings:
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tapas
  • Tastings

What types of cuisine can you find at Peppercorn Food Company?

At Peppercorn Food Company, you can find the following types of cuisine:
  • Seafood
  • Southern
  • Southwestern
  • Spanish

What dietary needs can be accomodated at Peppercorn Food Company?

At Peppercorn Food Company, the following dietary needs can be accomodated:
  • Gluten Free
  • Lactose Free
  • No Pork
  • Nut Free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

What type of bar services does Peppercorn Food Company provide for wedding events?

Peppercorn Food Company provides the following bar and beverage services for wedding events:
  • Liquor License
  • House Liquor
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink
  • Outside Alcohol

What type of food and beverage items does Peppercorn Food Company provide for wedding services?

To cater to all tastes, Peppercorn Food Company offers the following food and beverage items:
  • Barware
  • China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

What percentage of users recommend Peppercorn Food Company and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Peppercorn Food Company is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Cedar Rapids for your wedding