Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER

Vintage Glamour Meets Contemporary Fashion

Patken Photographer Inc (www.patkenphotographer.com) established in Lindenhurst, N.Y is a family owned and operated photography studio serving world wide with offices in Long Island and Central Florida On a credit card and a dream Pat and Ken Gordon took a chance that would forever change the course of there lives and many others. Ken had been around weddings and photography his whole life starting as a teenager. He was hooked early on and loved the power of the arts. This led him to study at the famed School of Visual Arts in NY City. Unfortunately Vietnam and starting a family slowed his dream a bit to become a full time wedding and portrait photographer. After several years of letting there dreams sit idle and working for others doing what they had to do rather than what they were meant to do. They decided as a couple it was time for change. The time had come for Pat and Ken to stop dreaming. So in the basement of there Lindenhurst home back in 1985 Patken Wedding Photographer and Video were born. Ken dusted off his old Rolliflex Twin Lens Reflex camera and went for it.
As though he had never stopped the love affair with wedding photography was instantly reignited. Although it wasn't yet full time employment they were having the time of there life. Both Pat and Ken continued working day jobs while trying to manage Patken at night. Although the company was growing, they knew there was only so much they could do as part timers. That's when the light went on for them both which proved to be the turning point in Patken Photographers history. There son Doug Gordon who was a long time assistant for his dad was getting to the later years of High School. It was clear by his effort in school that college was probably not an option. So they made an offer that Doug couldn't refuse. Come help us grow! Work in the studio so that we are open full time, learn to sell, learn to create art rather than just photograph weddings and most importantly share who you are as a person and we will call you partner. At the young age of 16 while still attending High School Doug changed the destiny of Patken forever. For the first time in his life he knew what he was meant to do and loved to do. He was obsessed.To this day he says that it was his first love affair. The ability to create stories, make subjects feel good about themselves and freeze history was beyond exciting to him. " I love the fact that people remember there lives through my eyes, my feelings, my emotions and everything I am" he says. " wanted to be the best and for the first time in my life I was willing to work to get there". That work payed off as Doug Gordon has worked over the last 28 years to become one of the most well known and highly decorated photographers in the world with his crowing moment in 2011 when he was chosen as one of a very select few to ever receive a United Nations Leadership Award for his work as Wedding and Portrait Photographer. His vision not only extended to himself but to the Patken team as they quietly continued to grow and build through there family and friends an unparalleled team of photographers and cinematographers. When asked what separates a Patken Photographer, Doug says simply "consistency, our team is trained to do things the same way and adapt to a clients individual needs, personalities and desires."

After 33 years of photographing weddings and portraits around the world, we can say proudly the love affair is only just beginning. As one of the leading photography and cinema companies in the wedding and portrait industry today, we continue to evolve and grow. Patken is about our clients and we consider you our extended family. We love being able to create and capture the story of who you are on the inside and out through the lenses of our Nikon cameras. Our images are described best as personable and glamorous with a fashionably editorial twist, We aim to create the same consistent images for all of our clients with subtle differences who make you who you are.
We want to thank you for visiting our page and for the opportunity to see who we are. We look forward to meeting you.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Custom Graphics (1)
Toning (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Negatives (1)

From start to finish if was amazing, patken was on point. They know where to take the photo to get the most out of it. Had a wonderful time job well done patken from Mr. and Mrs. Facey thank you

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Fabian , 2/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Slideshow, Video

Vinny and Kenny were both terrific ,patient and professional...

Profile Picture Bryan, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My advice is to meet with your photographer multiple time and be very specific about what pictures you want. Everyone was very nice and quick to respond once you get in touch with them, but unfortunately a lot of the pictures we wanted didn't happen. We only got to meet with Vinnie once before the wedding so I don't think we really got to go over a specific shot list. The one thing we were specific about was getting a picture with my husband's aunts, but when we finally got to see the pictures we found out that never happened. I wish we had realized that durring the wedding but everything was so chaotic. We also didn't get pictures of each table of guests, so if that's something you really want make sure you tell them. Other than that the pictures came out beautifully and I have a new absolute favorite picture of myself because of it. I would recommend them to other brides just make sure you're very clear about everything what you want.

Profile Picture Veronica, 2/7/18, 3 Reviews

$300.00 Value | Redeem In-Store
Any Photography and or Video Collection
#WWc441110b5a037cf3

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Have worked with Patken Photography for over 10 years now and i must say they are hands down TOP NOTCH ! I highly reccomend them.

Patken Photographers are consistently a wonderful photography team. I've had so many brides use them and the photos are consistently beautiful, creative and on point. My makeup services compliment their beautiful work. I highly recommend them if you are considering them to be your event photographer.

Villa Lombardi's is proud to have Patken Photographer as one of our preferred vendors. Patken Photographer does a wonderful job, and has always made our Bride and Grooms happy with their photos and Wedding Album. Because of Patken Photographer's professionalism and quality, we recommend them at every Lombardi Caterers location.

We had the pleasure of working with Patken Photographer many times on many occasions. The quality of work and professionalism is beyond outstanding. Patken Photographer has become one of our go-to places for services all thanks to Michael Krien.

Patken Photographer Inc. established in Lindenhurst, NY in 1985, is family owned and operated with 3 studios serving the metropolitan area. Today Patken has grown to be one of the leading cutting edge studios in the U.S. and is recommended by many of the finest catering facilities.

63 PROS I KNOW