40 Burt Drive Suite 1, Deer Park, NY 11729 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 23
  • Deals 1

About PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER

Patken Photographer Inc (www.patkenphotographer.com) established in Lindenhurst, N.Y is a family owned and operated photography studio serving world wide with offices in Long Island and Central Florida On a credit card and a dream Pat and Ken Gordon took a chance that would forever change the course of there lives and many others. Ken had been around weddings and photography his whole life starting as a teenager. He was hooked early on and loved the power of the arts. This led him to study at the famed School of Visual Arts in NY City. Unfortunately Vietnam and starting a family slowed his dream a bit to become a full time wedding and portrait photographer. After several years of letting there dreams sit idle and working for others doing what they had to do rather than what they were meant to do. They decided as a couple it was time for change. The time had come for Pat and Ken to stop dreaming. So in the basement of there Lindenhurst home back in 1985 Patken Wedding Photographer and Video were born. Ken dusted off his old Rolliflex Twin Lens Reflex camera and went for it.
As though he had never stopped the love affair with wedding photography was instantly reignited. Although it wasn't yet full time employment they were having the time of there life. Both Pat and Ken continued working day jobs while trying to manage Patken at night. Although the company was growing, they knew there was only so much they could do as part timers. That's when the light went on for them both which proved to be the turning point in Patken Photographers history. There son Doug Gordon who was a long time assistant for his dad was getting to the later years of High School. It was clear by his effort in school that college was probably not an option. So they made an offer that Doug couldn't refuse. Come help us grow! Work in the studio so that we are open full time, learn to sell, learn to create art rather than just photograph weddings and most importantly share who you are as a person and we will call you partner. At the young age of 16 while still attending High School Doug changed the destiny of Patken forever. For the first time in his life he knew what he was meant to do and loved to do. He was obsessed.To this day he says that it was his first love affair. The ability to create stories, make subjects feel good about themselves and freeze history was beyond exciting to him. " I love the fact that people remember there lives through my eyes, my feelings, my emotions and everything I am" he says. " wanted to be the best and for the first time in my life I was willing to work to get there". That work payed off as Doug Gordon has worked over the last 28 years to become one of the most well known and highly decorated photographers in the world with his crowing moment in 2011 when he was chosen as one of a very select few to ever receive a United Nations Leadership Award for his work as Wedding and Portrait Photographer. His vision not only extended to himself but to the Patken team as they quietly continued to grow and build through there family and friends an unparalleled team of photographers and cinematographers. When asked what separates a Patken Photographer, Doug says simply "consistency, our team is trained to do things the same way and adapt to a clients individual needs, personalities and desires."

After 33 years of photographing weddings and portraits around the world, we can say proudly the love affair is only just beginning. As one of the leading photography and cinema companies in the wedding and portrait industry today, we continue to evolve and grow. Patken is about our clients and we consider you our extended family. We love being able to create and capture the story of who you are on the inside and out through the lenses of our Nikon cameras. Our images are described best as personable and glamorous with a fashionably editorial twist, We aim to create the same consistent images for all of our clients with subtle differences who make you who you are.
We want to thank you for visiting our page and for the opportunity to see who we are. We look forward to meeting you.

Follow PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER on

pg004

• Videos 1

327 Reviews for PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER

Hope · event on: 04/27/2018

This review is for my consultation as I met with Patken over the weekend and provided my retainer to them yesterday!

I decided to go with Patken because Doug was very honest and fun to be around. I loved that I felt like I was there for a consultation and not a sales pitch. I had a list of questions to ask, and Doug covered all of my concerns before I even had the chance to look at my list! All of my emails and questions have been answered almost instantly. So far my experience has been a 10/10!

Sent on 05/02/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Hope, first and foremost welcome to the family. We appreciate your confidence and look forward to making everything perfect for you next year. We are here for you every step of the way. We appreciate all your nice words on Doug as well. We think he is ok too,lol!

Adana · Getting married on 10/13/2019

Doug Gordon is a phenomenally talented photographer and, an absolute delight to work with. Doug's impeccable style is somewhat a hybrid between sexy, (but tasteful) and romantic which is classic. From the first time my Fiancé and I met with Doug, to our engagement shoot, and beyond, we took comfort in knowing that we could rely on Doug to capture our personalities and relationship, and that peace of mind is priceless. At our engagement shoot, Doug was always there making sure we were comfortable with every stage of the process. As a well seasoned Photographer, Doug went over and beyond three weeks prior to our shoot, notifying us of a potentially double booking of our outdoor engagement shoot which could of potentially jeopardize the look and feel of the day/photos. In the end, with his experience and being the venue's (e.g. Old Westbury Gardens) preferred Photographer's; we was able to be the one scheduled session for that day!! To top it off, we received all photos taken that same day with a beautifully crafted slideshow. Many, Many, Thanks Doug,

- Adana and Vincent

Sent on 07/24/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the incredible review. It makes our hearts happy. You were great to work with and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Tina Barnet · Married on 11/03/2018

Love Patken

Our experience with Patken Photographer for our daughter and new son in law's wedding was nothing short of perfect. The planning was very stressful for us. We volunteered to help our daughter because they are both residents who work incredibly long hours. When it came to picking a photographer and videographer we felt this was an incredibly personal selection. We knew if we picked the wrong person or style, it would have been a disaster and a very long day for all involved. We first met Doug and Bianca at the YWTV Bridal Showcase at The Orlando Convention Center in April. Bianca was so personal and so much fun to be around. She made us feel so at home and wasn't trying to sell us anything. When she introduced us to Doug we knew right away he was different than anyone else we met at the show. He was a New Yawker, lol. He spoke much faster than us Floridians were used to, but was engaging and confident. You could tell he loved his job and it seemed like he wanted to teach us about photography and what made him special. He had my husband laughing the whole time. I was just trying to keep up. He was very nonchalant and not pushy at all which was surprising considering we were at a bridal show. After they explained the collections offered and seeing just how unique the style of photography was compared to anything else at the show, we did something we never do. We made an impulsive decision and booked Patken and Doug on the spot. It was the best decision we made. Our daughter and new husband could not be more blown away with the results from there wedding this past weekend. We actually received a link with all of the retouched images the next day. Never expected that. Doug was so much fun the day of and dealt with some tricky family situations with such professionalism. He made what could have been uncomfortable seem natural. We would highly recommend Patken and Doug. Thank you for making our families day perfect and for creating lasting memories for us all. Continued blessings for you.
    With love,
    Dr and Mrs. Barnet

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,550.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Video, Wedding Portraits

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER 1
    $300 Discount for Armed Forces/Police and Firefighter
    Any Photography and or Video Collection

• Entourage Band
    Entourage Band Wedding Bands

Great company. Very professional and easy to work with

• LB Productions
    LB Productions Wedding DJs

Have worked with Patken Photography for over 10 years now and i must say they are hands down TOP NOTCH ! I highly reccomend them.

• Jill Harth Beauty & Cosmetics
    Jill Harth Beauty & Cosmetics Wedding Hair & Makeup

Patken Photographers are consistently a wonderful photography team. I've had so many brides use them and the photos are consistently beautiful, creative and on point. My makeup services compliment their beautiful work. I highly recommend them if you are considering them to be your event photographer.

• 40-1 Burt Drive Deer Park, NY 11729 See on map