314 Reviews for PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER

Toning (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Negatives (1)
313 PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER Reviews

Doug Gordon is a phenomenally talented photographer and, an absolute delight to work with. Doug's impeccable style is somewhat a hybrid between sexy, (but tasteful) and romantic which is classic. From the first time my Fiancé and I met with Doug, to our engagement shoot, and beyond, we took comfort in knowing that we could rely on Doug to capture our personalities and relationship, and that peace of mind is priceless. At our engagement shoot, Doug was always there making sure we were comfortable with every stage of the process. As a well seasoned Photographer, Doug went over and beyond three weeks prior to our shoot, notifying us of a potentially double booking of our outdoor engagement shoot which could of potentially jeopardize the look and feel of the day/photos. In the end, with his experience and being the venue's (e.g. Old Westbury Gardens) preferred Photographer's; we was able to be the one scheduled session for that day!! To top it off, we received all photos taken that same day with a beautifully crafted slideshow. Many, Many, Thanks Doug,

- Adana and Vincent

Profile Picture Adana , 10/13/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you want to capture one of the most important events in your life Patken Photographer is the best in the business. Thank you for capturing Erin and Erik’s special day. Thanks Doug Gordon for going above and beyond. You truly are the best.

Profile Picture Indira , 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Looking through some of our photos and a trailer of our video, I am so happy that we used Patken for our photos. Steve and Rachel were awesome during the day taking photos. They were so friendly and made both of our families feel comfortable with posing and taking pictures. They had both been to our venue for weddings and since they knew where all of the best photos were, it made the entire process so much smoother! Steve had made extra sure leading up to the day of that he knew what we were looking for in our photos (who we wanted photos with, where we wanted photos taken, and the type of style we were looking for). It all ran so smoothly. Our videographer Mike was also amazing and captured so many little details of our day that I feel like I am reliving it every time I watch our wedding trailer. I highly recommend Patken, they were very professional and great quality.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Video, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

Patken Photographer was so amazing! We had Vinnie as our photographer, and he got every shot that I asked for. He was very professional and did an incredible job with the photos. Michael and Charlie were our videographers and they were fun, and a joy to work with. Our trailer came out amazing and I can't wait for the full video! Thank you Patken, I 100% recommend using them for your big day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patken photography is amazing! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Doug for our engagement photos. Is he so fun & professional making the experience memorable. We told them our preference of pictures for our wedding day and Kevin was assigned as our photographer for our special day.

Kevin was absolutely amazing. We contacted each other numerous times a week regarding our montage with the pictures and songs. He sent us a copy of it a couple days before the wedding to make sure everything was the way we wanted it to be

The day of the wedding he was at my house early which was perfect because it gave us time to chat and he was so sweet with making me feel calm after being so nervous.

I cannot thank Kevin & all of Patken photography for their hard work, being so professional, but also so personable and welcoming. My husband and I LOVE our photos and love that we can look at them & remember what an amazing experience we had.

Profile Picture christina, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From start to finish if was amazing, patken was on point. They know where to take the photo to get the most out of it. Had a wonderful time job well done patken from Mr. and Mrs. Facey thank you

Profile Picture Fabian , 2/23/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Slideshow, Video

Vinny and Kenny were both terrific ,patient and professional...

Profile Picture Bryan, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My advice is to meet with your photographer multiple time and be very specific about what pictures you want. Everyone was very nice and quick to respond once you get in touch with them, but unfortunately a lot of the pictures we wanted didn't happen. We only got to meet with Vinnie once before the wedding so I don't think we really got to go over a specific shot list. The one thing we were specific about was getting a picture with my husband's aunts, but when we finally got to see the pictures we found out that never happened. I wish we had realized that durring the wedding but everything was so chaotic. We also didn't get pictures of each table of guests, so if that's something you really want make sure you tell them. Other than that the pictures came out beautifully and I have a new absolute favorite picture of myself because of it. I would recommend them to other brides just make sure you're very clear about everything what you want.

Profile Picture Veronica, 2/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We just had our engagement shoot with Kevin, the experience and photos were wonderful. He made us feel at ease and comfortable during the session.

Profile Picture Georgiana, 2/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints, Thank You Cards

I cannot be more thankful for Patken photography. They were responsive throughout the entire process and helped me build a package that included exactly what I wanted. Our engagement session was so much fun and calmed my nerves about being photographed all day. On our wedding day, our family could not believe how amazing the Patken team was. Having them bring both the photographer and videographer was perfect because they worked so well together, and they were so much fun! We laughed the whole night during our pictures, and it felt so natural because of this. Kevin really listened to whatever I wanted when it came to certain shots I wanted, and Michael was always there getting all of our special moments recorded. I cannot wait to see the work they do!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Video

Choosing Patken Photograph Studio as our wedding Photographer was the best decision we ever made. From the beautiful Save The Date shoot with Doug(who made us feel so relaxed and natural), to the incredible 766 photographs of our wedding with Kevin, John the videographer was amazing(can't wait to see my video), not to mention Sabrina who helped me with my album. My photos tell the story and bring back every memories from our wedding day. Kevin is extremely talented at what he does, he was absolutely brilliant from start to finish, professional, efficient, friendly to my bridal party and guest, and most importantly took the most fabulous photographs of our wedding. Kevin captures the most beautiful pictures for our reveal shots. My husband and I look like we belong on the cover of a magazine, it was like a movie shoot. All of our memories from the wedding have been captured from start to finish. Kevin is an incredible photographer, we couldn't have chosen a better photographer to document our wedding day. If you are looking for a wedding photographer look no further than Patken Photograph, highly recommended.

Profile Picture Susan, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Patken! We first contacted them on News Year's Eve late evening. Within a few minutes the owner, Doug contacted us and we scheduled our appointment. Patken was super accommodating with our work schedules when it came to meeting with them and our engagement shoot.

Our engagement shoot was quick and painless (my husband doesn't like to have his picture taken). Pictures took about 10 minutes, we waited another 5-10 minutes for them to be edited, and then we got to see and pick our Save the Date pictures right away! We were not pressured into picking anything right away on the spot and were given time to decide. Printing of everything was quick and they even reprinted out Save the Dates because we never noticed something was spelled incorrectly.

The week of our wedding, Doug called to tell us our photographer was in a car accident and couldn't work our wedding. Of course, we panicked as we had meet with the photographer and discussed everything, but Doug had a solution ready to go. He had another photographer scheduled to work our wedding and that she would call us that night. Beatrice called us about an hour later and we talked for a while going over what we wanted. She was so easy to work with and everyone at our wedding is still talking about her. She kept us on schedule, made us laugh, and checked in to make sure there weren't any other pictures we wanted.

We got our proofs about a week and a half after our wedding and a week after that we got our low resolution pictures. I can't stop looking at all of them because they are amazing! Picking which pictures we want is going to be tough.

Our friends recommended Patken to us and we recommend them to you!

Profile Picture Jeanette, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

I'm glad to say that it was an absolute pleasure working with Doug and photographer John from Patken. Doug was professional, courteous and responds quickly both over phone/email. John our photographer was on time the day of the wedding, very friendly, great communication skills, knew exactly how to direct and pose us, and made sure all the family/friends photos were taken in a timely manner. I just received the proofs from my wedding pictures today and I am ecstatic at how great they look! I feel that almost every single picture from the proofs could be a part of my wedding album. I'm glad that I've had the chance to work with Patken, I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Veronica, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I were so happy with the work done for our wedding. You made us feel so comfortable and cared for. The trailer Mike made is beyond perf and we loved everything about the day. We CANNOT wait to see the pictures!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I had such a wonderful experience with Patken Photographer from the beginning to the very end of my wedding!
Jarred was hands down AMAZING from start to finish!
Thank you SO much for making my day memorable in every way!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Patken made sure they captured every special moment on my wedding day. Was on time, and made my day so much more easier as they were extremely professional and understanding. I did not have to worry about having to get pulled away every second of my reception as they took all the necessary pictures prior, and just captured moments as they happened.

Profile Picture Ammy, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I’m blown away!!! Kevin and Beatrice were amazing !! They both kept me calm the entire day ! Every picture came out perfect the entire company went above and beyond for us. I highly recommend them. They are professional and know what they are doing!

Profile Picture Ambryel, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits

Our wedding was this past weekend (6/11/17) and we were assigned to Kevin for our photography. He was there earlier than I was and I was the bride! He greeted me and my family with a huge smile and made me feel special and calm from the moment I arrived. He knew exactly how to tell me to position and was very cautious of lighting as it was a very sunny day. At times during the party, I wanted specific shots of friends or family who are very special and he was right there and ready to get the pictures of us dancing! He was professional and experienced throughout the entire day! I could not have asked for a better fit for my husband and I on our special day. I cannot wait to see the photos! In general, Patken has been a pleasure to work with for the last few planning months before the wedding. Every email I sent was responded to within hours, not days! We didn't think the engagement shoot was that crucial or that we would even care about those photos, but we were wrong. We even had copies made from our engagement shoot as they came out so good.

Profile Picture janie, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Patken Photographer did an amazing job for our wedding on 10/8/17. Doug was extremely helpful from the start and was responsive to all our questions and emails. Sabrina was the photographer for our wedding day. She was great to work with and made us feel comfortable during all the shoots. She did such a wonderful job and we love the way the photos came out. We definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
1.0

This is a copy of my termination request:

"We have been significantly unhappy with the level of service given to us. During our initial consultation with the sales representative we were advised that we would be given an electronic copy of all images taken with the studio in addition we were told our engagement pictures can be taken at a location of our choosing. When coordinating the engagement pictures we were then told it would be an additional fee if we decided to do an on location photoshoot, resulting in limitation to the studio and a small park across the street. Our engagement photoshoot was very rushed and disorganized, we were unable to view any of our photos the day of the engagement pictures as promised because the photographer was overbooked resulting in significantly limited options of imagery. When requesting a copy of our engagement pictures with the watermark removed we were advised that would be an additional cost. Lastly, the graphic designer creating our save the dates had an unprofessional lack of attention to detail."

We spent months not knowing who our wedding photographer was because it is their practice to get to know you before assigning a photographer which is a terrible best practices. Overall, they over promised and under delivered. Very amateurish from post-sale to cancellation.

Profile Picture Isabel, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Save the Date

My husband and I could not be happier with our entire experience with Patken. We live in Kentucky, but got married on Long Island and they worked with us the entire way through, with miles between! Doug even help organize our engagement pictures in Kentucky! The day of our wedding could not have gone any better. John was with us from start to finish and worked so hard to ensure that all of our photos were wonderful! We didn’t do a first look, but wanted to be at our cocktail hour, and he made it happen for us. He was everywhere for us and made the day go so smoothly. And now we have amazing pictures from our wedding!

Profile Picture Michele , 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Every single employee we dealt with at Patken was a pleasure to work with. When we booked after meeting with Mary, we were very excited to do our engagement shoot and get started. She was very down to earth and friendly.

Rachel did our engagement shoot and was absolutely amazing! All of our friends told us we had the best engagement photos they ever saw. She was such a pleasure to work with and the whole shoot was alot of fun.

Kevin was our wedding photographer. I never met a nicer guy. He was absolutely amazing and our wedding photos came out gorgeous! John was our videographer and was also great to work with. Looking forward to getting the video back!

Overall, I couldnt have picked a better team to do our wedding. Thank you everybody at Patken Photographer for making my wedding so wonderful and stress free. High recommend!

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

What can I say I am absolutely amazed by Patken Photography! From the first visit in the old office speaking with Doug, to our engagement shoot, to meeting Jarred, talking with him, to our wedding day, the entire staff made Chris and I feel extremely comfortable and confident they would capture the love we have for one another! On our wedding day Jarred and Tom arrived with such enthusiasm and amazing ideas on how to get past the bad weather we had! I’m not gonna lie I was nervous to see the proofs because we had to detour from the original idea of backdrop. As a bride you envision a look and when you suddenly have to change due to Mother Nature it most definitely places doubt in you. However!, we received our proofs and WOW We are so happy we chose Patken for our wedding! Our pictures came out beautiful! Jarred captured so many great moments, I felt I missed because I was always being moved to the next thing! THANK YOU SO MUCH JARRED! Cannot wait for our Video!

Profile Picture Dawnmarie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Video, Wedding Portraits

I had Vinnie as my photographer and John as my videographer. Both were amazing! It yurned out yo be way hotter than expected and i needed many breaks to cool off. Vinnie soo patient. I cant wait to see what time finished product is!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We hired PatKen to photographer our wedding coming this September at Martha Clara Vineyards. So far we have only done our engagement photos and save-the-dates completed. Steve did an amazing job taking the hundreds of photos that he took for our engagement pictures, everyone that has seen them loves them! Tammi created the most perfect Save-the-date based on our style. I truly cannot wait to see what they can accomplish in September at the Vineyards with us!!

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/22/17, 1 Review