PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER Reviews

327 | Deer Park, NY

327 Reviews for PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER

327 PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER Reviews

Hope · event on: 04/27/2018

This review is for my consultation as I met with Patken over the weekend and provided my retainer to them yesterday!

I decided to go with Patken because Doug was very honest and fun to be around. I loved that I felt like I was there for a consultation and not a sales pitch. I had a list of questions to ask, and Doug covered all of my concerns before I even had the chance to look at my list! All of my emails and questions have been answered almost instantly. So far my experience has been a 10/10!

Sent on 05/02/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Hope, first and foremost welcome to the family. We appreciate your confidence and look forward to making everything perfect for you next year. We are here for you every step of the way. We appreciate all your nice words on Doug as well. We think he is ok too,lol!

Adana · Getting married on 10/13/2019

Doug Gordon is a phenomenally talented photographer and, an absolute delight to work with. Doug's impeccable style is somewhat a hybrid between sexy, (but tasteful) and romantic which is classic. From the first time my Fiancé and I met with Doug, to our engagement shoot, and beyond, we took comfort in knowing that we could rely on Doug to capture our personalities and relationship, and that peace of mind is priceless. At our engagement shoot, Doug was always there making sure we were comfortable with every stage of the process. As a well seasoned Photographer, Doug went over and beyond three weeks prior to our shoot, notifying us of a potentially double booking of our outdoor engagement shoot which could of potentially jeopardize the look and feel of the day/photos. In the end, with his experience and being the venue's (e.g. Old Westbury Gardens) preferred Photographer's; we was able to be the one scheduled session for that day!! To top it off, we received all photos taken that same day with a beautifully crafted slideshow. Many, Many, Thanks Doug,

- Adana and Vincent

Sent on 07/24/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the incredible review. It makes our hearts happy. You were great to work with and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Tina Barnet · Married on 11/03/2018

Love Patken

Our experience with Patken Photographer for our daughter and new son in law's wedding was nothing short of perfect. The planning was very stressful for us. We volunteered to help our daughter because they are both residents who work incredibly long hours. When it came to picking a photographer and videographer we felt this was an incredibly personal selection. We knew if we picked the wrong person or style, it would have been a disaster and a very long day for all involved. We first met Doug and Bianca at the YWTV Bridal Showcase at The Orlando Convention Center in April. Bianca was so personal and so much fun to be around. She made us feel so at home and wasn't trying to sell us anything. When she introduced us to Doug we knew right away he was different than anyone else we met at the show. He was a New Yawker, lol. He spoke much faster than us Floridians were used to, but was engaging and confident. You could tell he loved his job and it seemed like he wanted to teach us about photography and what made him special. He had my husband laughing the whole time. I was just trying to keep up. He was very nonchalant and not pushy at all which was surprising considering we were at a bridal show. After they explained the collections offered and seeing just how unique the style of photography was compared to anything else at the show, we did something we never do. We made an impulsive decision and booked Patken and Doug on the spot. It was the best decision we made. Our daughter and new husband could not be more blown away with the results from there wedding this past weekend. We actually received a link with all of the retouched images the next day. Never expected that. Doug was so much fun the day of and dealt with some tricky family situations with such professionalism. He made what could have been uncomfortable seem natural. We would highly recommend Patken and Doug. Thank you for making our families day perfect and for creating lasting memories for us all. Continued blessings for you.
    With love,
    Dr and Mrs. Barnet

Samantha · Married on 10/28/2018

Kenny & Nelson - Amazing

Kenny & Nelson did all that we asked and more. Accommodated everything we needed. Did as I asked and pushed people out of the way to get the photos and video we will cherish for a lifetime! Thank you both for doing all you did and more!

Sent on 10/30/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review Samantha. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with Kenny and Nelson. They love you guys as well. We wish you the best of everything

Gina Tornabene · Married on 10/21/2018

Amazing, perfect!

The best! Our venue recommended them and before had a chance to call them, the owner personally called us. We scheduled an appointment and booked on site. We went back about a month later and he personally did our engagement shoot for our save the dates. We saw the pictures within 20 minutes. I cried that’s how gorgeous they are. We picked one for our save the date and one for a printed 8x10. We were assigned Vinnie for the wedding. He was beyond sweet, professional and early! We met with him a week before to go over a couple of things and run through the day. The day of the wedding he made sure he got every shot and took his time but was efficient. He got to Leonard’s ahead of us and took many more pictures! He also has a wonderful personality! He felt like a good friend. I can’t wait for our pictures to come back, as I’m sure they’ll make me cry like the engagement shoot did. Thank you Patken!

Sent on 10/29/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for the kind words. Nothing makes us happier than to hear of such a great experience. We want to congratulate you we look forward to working with you in the future as your family grows
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2018

The best of the best!

Patken is the absolute best! Our photographer Kevin was amazing from our engagement pictures to our wedding day! Everyone loved him! Just when I thought it doesn't get any better, we got Mike as a videographer! Mike and Kevin make a great team, keeping us calm and laughing the entire day and night! We cannot wait to see how our pictures and video came out! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/21/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled to hear how much you liked working with Kevin and Mike. It means the world to us.
  • Jacob

Jacob Gofman · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience!

My wife and I were thrilled with our experience with Patken. Doug was always very responsive and helpful, and our engagement photoshoot turned out great. Jessie did an incredible job with the photography for the wedding, capturing every moment we could want and sending us the picture samples in a very quick timeframe. We saw John taping the room and capturing great moments throughout the night as well, and we can't wait to see the finished video and trailer! We are very excited to receive our album and all the beautiful prints that we chose. We would definitely recommend Patken - they gave us the easy and smooth experience that we hoped for and beyond!

Sent on 11/12/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Nothing makes our hearts happier than a great review. We thank you for your trust and confidence in us. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2018

Kevin & Kenny At Patken are no joke! They made my wedding day the best day of my entire life . I laughed and I actually enjoyed taking pictures . If you’re shopping around for a photographer/ videographer this is who you NEED!!!! They get the job done and make it fun!! Trust me when I tell you choose PATKEN

Sent on 10/08/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thank you Melissa. We love heart felt reviews . We are so thrilled to hear of your amazing experience with Kevin and Kenny. We wish you the best of everything and much love

Penny · Married on 10/07/2018

Capturing Our Day

We hired Patken Photographers to capture our special day. The office staff was always so pleasant and helpful. Vinnie and Dan were assigned to be our photographer and videographer on our wedding day. They both were excellent. They were so friendly and professional and made us feel comfortable taking pictures/video all day. It felt like they became part of the family by the end of the night. It was so great working with these two men. We can’t wait to see our pictures/video. Thank you for capturing our special moments from our perfect day.

Sent on 10/17/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

That is incredible news. Thank you so much for the amazing review Penny. We wish you the best of everything and look forward to seeing you in the future

Gina · Married on 08/25/2018

Patken was an absolute pleasure to work with. Doug was amazing working with from day one; he sat down with my mother and I and made us feel very important. He did everything he could to work with us and accommodate all of my bride wants and needs. He shot my engagement shoot and my pictures blew me away. They came out absolutely stunning. I loved everything about them.

My wedding day was perfect. Everyone was on time and an absolute pleasure to work with. Vinnie was my photographer. He was very professional, hardworking, nice and focused. He worked so quickly and did an amazing job working with me. Vinnie sat down with my husband and I a week before the event and made note of everything we requested. We touched base on everything and covered all points. Vinnie was so awesome to work with! I can’t wait to see how my pictures look.

Jarod was my videographer. He was very professional, hardworking and focused. He was very nice and talked me through everything throughout the day. He reached out to me a week prior to my event to tough base and make note of important requests. He made sure to do everything I asked and more. I can’t wait to see my video.

I highly recommend Patken.

Sent on 09/03/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Congratulations Gina. Thank you so much for the nice words about our team. We couldn't be happier that you were so thrilled with everything. We wish you the best of everything in your new life together and look forward to watching your family grow

Natasha · Married on 08/18/2018

I have nothing but great things to say about this team. We first met with Doug who worked with us to get us a package that worked with our wants and needs at a great cost. Doug assigned us to Jarred who we met during out engagement shoot in DUMBO, Brooklyn. After that day, I knew Jarred was the perfect photographer for us. He was so thoughtful about different areas to take the pictures in and the different poses to have. Even in the scorching heat, he did everything to make sure we got some amazing shots. In all honesty, photo and video was the most important thing for me and we expressed that to Jarred from the beginning. He was so understanding and I knew he was going to be great because he made my husband extremely comfortable taking pictures. He made sure to check in with us right before the wedding and go over anything that I had on my mind. I was able to work with Tammi and she did an awesome job on our save the dates! On the day of, Jarred came to my room and right away could tell that the issue about the weather was going to be a big deal for me so he told me that the clouds are actually much better for the pictures than the sun which really calmed my nerves. My husband also had a photographer, Holden, who he loved. He raved about how much fun they had getting shots of the guys getting dressed and at WBM. I could tell Holden had great attention to detail by the way he set up some of his shots like taking a picture of someone’s picture they were taking. Danny, our videographer, was great too! He checked in before the wedding to see if there was anything I was looking for and what the plans were. The one thing I totally forgot to get when we arrived at WBM was a mini video of my mom helping me get my dress on which I would have liked to be a part of the video but honestly there was so much going on and I know I have the pictures. Even after the wedding the team at Patken has been great at answering questions. So excited to see our final shots!!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Congratulations! We are thrilled to hear about your experience. It means the world to us. Congrats and wishing you the best

Courtney · Married on 08/18/2018

Rachel was our photographer and Dan was our videographer for our 8/25/18 wedding. I cannot express how important having a good photographer is. Obviously, you want good pictures - it's what you take with you after your day. What you don't realize while you're planning is how important your photographer is in the running of your day. We were BLESSED to have Rachel running our show for us. She kept everyone on schedule, she made sure we got all the great shots, she took care of everything! Things like making sure my necklace was straight, to keeping the bridal party in order! I am so grateful for the Patken team! Their prices are so affordable but their work is priceless. I cannot wait to get our pictures and video back! Dan did an amazing job as well! He did a great job capturing the important moments, but he was never in your face (which has happened with videographers at other weddings I've been to.) I was immediately comfortable with both Rachel and Dan and I cannot recommend Patken enough!

Sent on 09/09/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thank you so much. We are so glad you loved Rachel and Danny. They loved you too. We wish you the best of everything

Valerie · Married on 08/17/2018

Loved working with Kevin, John, Doug and the entire Patken crew! So professional and fun at the same time!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Thank you Valerie. We loved you too. Wish you the best and many blessings

Erin · Married on 08/04/2018

Not only were Doug and Danny incredibly efficient, but they also were able to capture every moment and present an end product better than we could have imagined. They even had the photos we had taken earlier in the day prepared for a surprise slide show during the reception. Patken truly went above and beyond to give us everything we wanted and more. Thank you!

Jen · Married on 08/03/2018

I had an amazing experience with Patken Photographer. The entire team is professional, responsive, easy to work with, friendly, and incredibly talented! Jarred (photographer) and John (videographer) were my favorite of ALL the vendors/companies I hired for my wedding. They worked SO hard all afternoon and night; I didn’t have to worry at all about what types of pictures were being taken or if everything was getting "done." They are true professionals - they knew every spot to take pictures/video at my venue, every pose, every shot, every angle. I knew Jarred already because he photographed my sister’s wedding in August of 2014. He did a FABULOUS job, so I instantly hired him for my wedding as soon as I knew the date and venue! Jarred and John made my wedding day easy and stress free and FUN.

Sent on 08/15/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

We are so happy to hear of your great experience. It means the world to us that you took the time to review us. We wish you the best of everything

Vanessa · Married on 06/16/2018

Looking through some of our photos and a trailer of our video, I am so happy that we used Patken for our photos. Steve and Rachel were awesome during the day taking photos. They were so friendly and made both of our families feel comfortable with posing and taking pictures. They had both been to our venue for weddings and since they knew where all of the best photos were, it made the entire process so much smoother! Steve had made extra sure leading up to the day of that he knew what we were looking for in our photos (who we wanted photos with, where we wanted photos taken, and the type of style we were looking for). It all ran so smoothly. Our videographer Mike was also amazing and captured so many little details of our day that I feel like I am reliving it every time I watch our wedding trailer. I highly recommend Patken, they were very professional and great quality.

Sent on 07/02/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thank you Vanessa and Daniel. We are so thrilled to hear how happy you are with Steve, Rachel and Michael. They felt a great connection to you and we are all grateful we had the opportunity to share in your most special day
  • nicholas

nicholas · Married on 06/09/2018

Special Day Even More so

We chose Patken Photographers because of how professional they appeared and willing to help us. We did NOT expect such great Service, Constant contact and superb professionalism geared towards us which made our Wedding Day Even Better. Our Photographer Beatrice we would recommend as she Loves photo's and will work with you to get the shots you want and more and leave you speechless. Our videographer Ken was quiet and professional and awesome. We would Highly Recommend Patken Photographers over anyone and if your on a budget like we were they are Worth Every Single Penny.

Sent on 11/07/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review. We are so glad you are happy with everything and we were able to work within your budget. We appreciate the recommendation

Amanda · Married on 06/01/2018

Patken Photographer was so amazing! We had Vinnie as our photographer, and he got every shot that I asked for. He was very professional and did an incredible job with the photos. Michael and Charlie were our videographers and they were fun, and a joy to work with. Our trailer came out amazing and I can't wait for the full video! Thank you Patken, I 100% recommend using them for your big day!

christina · Married on 05/05/2018

Patken photography is amazing! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Doug for our engagement photos. Is he so fun & professional making the experience memorable. We told them our preference of pictures for our wedding day and Kevin was assigned as our photographer for our special day.

Kevin was absolutely amazing. We contacted each other numerous times a week regarding our montage with the pictures and songs. He sent us a copy of it a couple days before the wedding to make sure everything was the way we wanted it to be

The day of the wedding he was at my house early which was perfect because it gave us time to chat and he was so sweet with making me feel calm after being so nervous.

I cannot thank Kevin & all of Patken photography for their hard work, being so professional, but also so personable and welcoming. My husband and I LOVE our photos and love that we can look at them & remember what an amazing experience we had.

• F

Fabian · Married on 02/23/2018

From start to finish if was amazing, patken was on point. They know where to take the photo to get the most out of it. Had a wonderful time job well done patken from Mr. and Mrs. Facey thank you

Sent on 03/24/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the nice words. Congratulations. We wish you the best of everything and then some

Bryan · Married on 02/18/2018

Vinny and Kenny were both terrific ,patient and professional...

Sent on 03/13/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the review. So happy you loved your team. We wish you the best of everything

Georgiana · Married on 02/03/2018

We just had our engagement shoot with Kevin, the experience and photos were wonderful. He made us feel at ease and comfortable during the session.

Sent on 09/15/2017

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thanks so much for the nice words. We so happy to hear of your great experience with Kevin

Danielle · Married on 12/08/2017

I cannot be more thankful for Patken photography. They were responsive throughout the entire process and helped me build a package that included exactly what I wanted. Our engagement session was so much fun and calmed my nerves about being photographed all day. On our wedding day, our family could not believe how amazing the Patken team was. Having them bring both the photographer and videographer was perfect because they worked so well together, and they were so much fun! We laughed the whole night during our pictures, and it felt so natural because of this. Kevin really listened to whatever I wanted when it came to certain shots I wanted, and Michael was always there getting all of our special moments recorded. I cannot wait to see the work they do!

Sent on 12/13/2017

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

So happy to hear about your experience with kevin and Michael. It makes us beyond happy. Wishing you the best of everything

Susan · Married on 11/18/2017

Choosing Patken Photograph Studio as our wedding Photographer was the best decision we ever made. From the beautiful Save The Date shoot with Doug(who made us feel so relaxed and natural), to the incredible 766 photographs of our wedding with Kevin, John the videographer was amazing(can't wait to see my video), not to mention Sabrina who helped me with my album. My photos tell the story and bring back every memories from our wedding day. Kevin is extremely talented at what he does, he was absolutely brilliant from start to finish, professional, efficient, friendly to my bridal party and guest, and most importantly took the most fabulous photographs of our wedding. Kevin captures the most beautiful pictures for our reveal shots. My husband and I look like we belong on the cover of a magazine, it was like a movie shoot. All of our memories from the wedding have been captured from start to finish. Kevin is an incredible photographer, we couldn't have chosen a better photographer to document our wedding day. If you are looking for a wedding photographer look no further than Patken Photograph, highly recommended.

Sent on 02/12/2018

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

We are so happy to hear with your excellent experience with our team. We wish you the best of everything life has to offer and look forward to seeing your family grow in the years to come.

Jeanette · Married on 11/05/2017

We absolutely loved working with Patken! We first contacted them on News Year's Eve late evening. Within a few minutes the owner, Doug contacted us and we scheduled our appointment. Patken was super accommodating with our work schedules when it came to meeting with them and our engagement shoot.

Our engagement shoot was quick and painless (my husband doesn't like to have his picture taken). Pictures took about 10 minutes, we waited another 5-10 minutes for them to be edited, and then we got to see and pick our Save the Date pictures right away! We were not pressured into picking anything right away on the spot and were given time to decide. Printing of everything was quick and they even reprinted out Save the Dates because we never noticed something was spelled incorrectly.

The week of our wedding, Doug called to tell us our photographer was in a car accident and couldn't work our wedding. Of course, we panicked as we had meet with the photographer and discussed everything, but Doug had a solution ready to go. He had another photographer scheduled to work our wedding and that she would call us that night. Beatrice called us about an hour later and we talked for a while going over what we wanted. She was so easy to work with and everyone at our wedding is still talking about her. She kept us on schedule, made us laugh, and checked in to make sure there weren't any other pictures we wanted.

We got our proofs about a week and a half after our wedding and a week after that we got our low resolution pictures. I can't stop looking at all of them because they are amazing! Picking which pictures we want is going to be tough.

Our friends recommended Patken to us and we recommend them to you!

Sent on 11/30/2017

PATKEN PHOTOGRAPHER's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice words. We love hearing great things We are so sorry about the change at the last minute, but so very happy you are thrilled with Beatrice. Happy Holidays