Greater San Diego County, Escondido, CA 92027 Map · Phone number

About Paige Nelson Photography

Hi, I'm Paige. I'm an intimate wedding photographer passionate about crafting unique wedding experiences with heart and intention.

I’m what you might call a deep feeler. Especially when it comes to serving my couples: their priorities are my priorities.

I don’t believe in coincidences. Places and people enter your life for a reason, no matter how big or small. It’s how I was led to photography. A romantic who went into journalism (ironic, huh?), I quickly realized my love of storytelling and emotion needed a way to emerge.

Thankfully, though, journalism is what led me to the world of images. Upon discovering photojournalism and picking up a camera, everything changed.

Now, with a passion for serving intimate weddings and elopements, I get to truly intertwine with your people and become friends with my couples. You’ve found your person, and me getting to be a part of that? It’s everything.

I want you to know, I’m in this for you.

Not to sound cheesy, but this is the beginning of a long-term relationship. I’m not just another vendor showing up to check photos off your wedding to-do list. It’s so much more than that.

There’s nothing more I’d rather be doing than serving you and helping to make your wedding day the best experience possible.

Follow Paige Nelson Photography on

11 26brogen davidanza borregopaige nelson pho
07 07haley andrewbig bear elopementpaige nels
03 22loraine kylesand dunes engagementpaige n
Paige Nelson Photography
rachael samgolden gate park weddingsutro bathspaig
kaitlyn mattintimate big sur weddingpaige nelson 6
1a742c4b2608db55 1501798770851 2017 03 19austin kaileeengagementglamispaige nel
07 08maya denzelweddingadmiral kiddpreviews 1

20 Reviews for Paige Nelson Photography

Kristy Stokes · Married on 10/07/2019

Paige is the real deal, a true INTIMATE wedding photographer

Hiring Paige Nelson was the best decision we ever made. My husband and I were drawn to Paige's work immediately when we decided on eloping in Big Sur. After looking at her website, in addition to resonating with the beauty of her photos, we loved her overall vibe. It was of utmost importance to us that our photographer be unobtrusive, intuitive and easygoing.

We had zero guests at our elopement. We wanted true intimacy when saying our vows. We wanted only to focus on each other, and only celebrate one another, without any distractions when we became married. With intimacy as our number one goal, we knew we had to be extremely selective of who we hired to document our day. We did not want to feel uncomfortable, we wanted nothing contrived and we certainly did not want to feel awkwardly posed or directed whatsoever.

Paige advertises that she is a feeler, a storyteller and is interested in YOU as a couple. I can 100% validate that she absolutely is all of those things and more. I have never experienced a more authentically truthful representation of one's services.

Once we hired her, she was so prompt and organized with her emails and communication. She talked to us on the phone multiple times and literally became a sort of coordinator for our entire day. She recommended our fabulous officiant, she gave us so much insight into different locations, and she was genuinely interested in helping us find and secure the most intimate location (which she singlehandedly did)! On our wedding day, she was so easygoing, so graceful, and we felt like she was a trusted friend. She did not infringe upon any moment of the day, and we felt so comfortable with her that the next day we were almost worried that we hadn't gotten any good photos, because we were so focused on each other and in the moment!

A few days later she gave us our preview photos, and we were elated at how much we loved them. I wondered how she even got certain angles, she was like a little leprechaun hopping all over the place yet we didn't even notice. When we got the full gallery, she included a beautiful slideshow and intuitively chose the most fitting, ethereal music which we couldn't have picked better ourselves. She is simply a true artist. Our friends and family all said after seeing our photos, they FEEL like they were at our wedding. She captured the entire essence of our day and of what we wanted. She is the real deal. Just trust her. We are in gratitude for the art we now own thanks to Paige -our wedding photos.

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Evan

Evan Brooks · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing photos, amazing person

Capturing our day was one of the most important parts of our wedding and we couldn’t be more pleased with having Paige do it! She was fun and happy and gave us great tips on staying connected throughout a busy day. With a surprise destination wedding this was crucial, and my wife and I are really thankful for her advice.

Paige was thorough and professional throughout the process with great attention to detail, helping us plan our shots and providing great ideas. She did a great job working with our videographers to make sure we got everything and kept our day moving.

We ended up with some unexpected, crazy weather, but Paige kept her good vibes and positive energy the whole time and really helped us do the same. Her demeanor was a huge help to our day.

I couldn’t imagine a better person to work with, and on top of that our photos are stunning! We had very high hopes and Paige exceeded them. The slideshow she sent (with the tip to watch with some wine) was a great way to re-live such a special time, and we’ll cherish our photos for the rest of our lives.

We had such a great experience with Paige, and I’m so glad she was part of our day! Thanks Paige!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie LeBaron · Married on 05/11/2019

Best investment I made for my wedding

The BEST thing I did for my wedding was hire Paige as my photographer. I initially found Paige on a blog, where she shot an intimate wedding in the redwoods (she was the best redwood photographer I could find online, it's hard to shoot in nature, with weird shadows and harsh sun.) In our initial facetime meeting, we talked for 2 hours. Not only was she a kind, open, creative human, but she is extremely professional. I could have had a friend shoot the wedding for 1/2 the price of Paige, but Paige's professionalism outshined the cost. She was a wealth of knowledge about how to execute an intimate, nonconventional wedding. She acted as a semi-coordinator because she had so much experience with the type of wedding we wanted: authentic, intimate, outdoorsy, on the coast, and in the redwoods. In the 6 months leading up to the wedding, she let me look at a number of her galleries in order to help me figure out what I wanted for my wedding. Weeks before the wedding, she initiated a conversation to help guide us through our day-of timeline with significantly more guidance than our coordinator could provide. She had us fill out a questionnaire that helped us focus our wedding on what we were most interested in. I love that she asked for photos of the 5 most important guests at the wedding, so that she could make sure to get them in photos. The preview pictures I've received so far have turned out surreal, and now I'll have those for a lifetime! I can't wait to get one of her albums!

We did our wedding in Santa Cruz, CA. Ceremony on the coast, reception in a redwood grove. Her travel fees were cheaper than expected, and she was very prepared by scoping out the areas prior to the day of the event. Despite only meeting her the day before the wedding, I felt like I had known her forever. She totally put us at ease and gave us perfect cues to get us through the potentially awkward photo sessions!

We got the first 60 preview photos 5 days after the wedding. The previews told the story of our day PERFECTLY. Paige was totally in line with my values and vision for the day. It wasn't just photography to her, she was crafting the wedding story for me to remember forever. Since our wedding was small, her photos strategically told the story so that our loved ones could feel like they were a part of our day.

Oh, and she made me and my husband look HOT! He is not usually very photogenic, but she made him look like he does in real life lol.

Sent on 05/23/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Paige Nelson Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Locations
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4750.00
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Hand-Coloring
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Save the Date

• Greater San Diego County Escondido, CA, 92027 See on map
    Location of (Paige Nelson Photography)