Paige Nelson Photography Reviews

20 | Escondido, CA

20 Reviews for Paige Nelson Photography

Kristy Stokes · Married on 10/07/2019

Paige is the real deal, a true INTIMATE wedding photographer

Hiring Paige Nelson was the best decision we ever made. My husband and I were drawn to Paige's work immediately when we decided on eloping in Big Sur. After looking at her website, in addition to resonating with the beauty of her photos, we loved her overall vibe. It was of utmost importance to us that our photographer be unobtrusive, intuitive and easygoing.

We had zero guests at our elopement. We wanted true intimacy when saying our vows. We wanted only to focus on each other, and only celebrate one another, without any distractions when we became married. With intimacy as our number one goal, we knew we had to be extremely selective of who we hired to document our day. We did not want to feel uncomfortable, we wanted nothing contrived and we certainly did not want to feel awkwardly posed or directed whatsoever.

Paige advertises that she is a feeler, a storyteller and is interested in YOU as a couple. I can 100% validate that she absolutely is all of those things and more. I have never experienced a more authentically truthful representation of one's services.

Once we hired her, she was so prompt and organized with her emails and communication. She talked to us on the phone multiple times and literally became a sort of coordinator for our entire day. She recommended our fabulous officiant, she gave us so much insight into different locations, and she was genuinely interested in helping us find and secure the most intimate location (which she singlehandedly did)! On our wedding day, she was so easygoing, so graceful, and we felt like she was a trusted friend. She did not infringe upon any moment of the day, and we felt so comfortable with her that the next day we were almost worried that we hadn't gotten any good photos, because we were so focused on each other and in the moment!

A few days later she gave us our preview photos, and we were elated at how much we loved them. I wondered how she even got certain angles, she was like a little leprechaun hopping all over the place yet we didn't even notice. When we got the full gallery, she included a beautiful slideshow and intuitively chose the most fitting, ethereal music which we couldn't have picked better ourselves. She is simply a true artist. Our friends and family all said after seeing our photos, they FEEL like they were at our wedding. She captured the entire essence of our day and of what we wanted. She is the real deal. Just trust her. We are in gratitude for the art we now own thanks to Paige -our wedding photos.

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Evan

Evan Brooks · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing photos, amazing person

Capturing our day was one of the most important parts of our wedding and we couldn’t be more pleased with having Paige do it! She was fun and happy and gave us great tips on staying connected throughout a busy day. With a surprise destination wedding this was crucial, and my wife and I are really thankful for her advice.

Paige was thorough and professional throughout the process with great attention to detail, helping us plan our shots and providing great ideas. She did a great job working with our videographers to make sure we got everything and kept our day moving.

We ended up with some unexpected, crazy weather, but Paige kept her good vibes and positive energy the whole time and really helped us do the same. Her demeanor was a huge help to our day.

I couldn’t imagine a better person to work with, and on top of that our photos are stunning! We had very high hopes and Paige exceeded them. The slideshow she sent (with the tip to watch with some wine) was a great way to re-live such a special time, and we’ll cherish our photos for the rest of our lives.

We had such a great experience with Paige, and I’m so glad she was part of our day! Thanks Paige!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie LeBaron · Married on 05/11/2019

Best investment I made for my wedding

The BEST thing I did for my wedding was hire Paige as my photographer. I initially found Paige on a blog, where she shot an intimate wedding in the redwoods (she was the best redwood photographer I could find online, it's hard to shoot in nature, with weird shadows and harsh sun.) In our initial facetime meeting, we talked for 2 hours. Not only was she a kind, open, creative human, but she is extremely professional. I could have had a friend shoot the wedding for 1/2 the price of Paige, but Paige's professionalism outshined the cost. She was a wealth of knowledge about how to execute an intimate, nonconventional wedding. She acted as a semi-coordinator because she had so much experience with the type of wedding we wanted: authentic, intimate, outdoorsy, on the coast, and in the redwoods. In the 6 months leading up to the wedding, she let me look at a number of her galleries in order to help me figure out what I wanted for my wedding. Weeks before the wedding, she initiated a conversation to help guide us through our day-of timeline with significantly more guidance than our coordinator could provide. She had us fill out a questionnaire that helped us focus our wedding on what we were most interested in. I love that she asked for photos of the 5 most important guests at the wedding, so that she could make sure to get them in photos. The preview pictures I've received so far have turned out surreal, and now I'll have those for a lifetime! I can't wait to get one of her albums!

We did our wedding in Santa Cruz, CA. Ceremony on the coast, reception in a redwood grove. Her travel fees were cheaper than expected, and she was very prepared by scoping out the areas prior to the day of the event. Despite only meeting her the day before the wedding, I felt like I had known her forever. She totally put us at ease and gave us perfect cues to get us through the potentially awkward photo sessions!

We got the first 60 preview photos 5 days after the wedding. The previews told the story of our day PERFECTLY. Paige was totally in line with my values and vision for the day. It wasn't just photography to her, she was crafting the wedding story for me to remember forever. Since our wedding was small, her photos strategically told the story so that our loved ones could feel like they were a part of our day.

Oh, and she made me and my husband look HOT! He is not usually very photogenic, but she made him look like he does in real life lol.

Sent on 05/23/2019

David · Married on 03/23/2019

Best photographer / decision we made

Paige was the best decision we made for our wedding. Beyond the quality of the work (which is world class), she was a great partner to help us think through engagement photos, wedding shots, and able to bring her unique style while still capturing the moments that we wanted and held dear.

I would recommend her to anybody in a heartbeat

Sent on 01/23/2020

Danny · Married on 12/20/2018

Amazeballs

I can not express how much love I have for Paige. I first saw her photography through one of my friends wedding pictures, instantly fell in love with everything about it and started to follow her on Instagram right away and for the next two years I was continuously impressed. To shorten the story when my husband and I got engaged the only thing I was sure of was that I wanted her to be our photographer. We met up and she was so amazing! She takes her time to actually get to meet you as a couple and is so organized and professional about the whole process, you can definitely tell she wants to get the most out of these pictures and make sure she captures your special day in the most perfect way. I can go on forever praising her, she is a definite must!!!!

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Medina · Married on 10/11/2018

Such a lovely experience!

My husband and I hired Paige to capture our wedding last October (2018) in Big Sur after falling in love with her photography online and it was such a lovely experience!!

Paige is super sweet, easy-going, relaxed, and really helped us to be able to just take a breath and be ourselves. We had an intimate wedding (under 20), and she was able to blend in with all of us seamlessly.

Her genuine kindness was really, really appreciated as, even though it was a smaller wedding, we still did have some stress and at least when we were just with Paige in the forest, all of that stress just melted away.

I'd definitely recommend hiring Paige to help capture your special moments!!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Katie Stevens · Married on 09/09/2018

Big Sur Dream

Inviting Paige to be apart of our wedding enhanced our experience to a level that neither my husband nor myself anticipated. Paige truly out did herself and went above and beyond for us. Even a year after our wedding, she stayed in touched and even remembered to wish us a happy first year anniversary. She's extremely professional and sweet. She was able to make recommendations for an after ceremony dinner and where to purchase flowers for my bouquet. My husband and I were a bit bashful in front of the camera but Paige did an awesome job of directing us; she made us feel comfortable so being in front of the camera was easy and she was able to capture beautiful shots.
    Thanks for everything Paige!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/22/2018

Paige is the BEST!

From the moment we started planning our wedding, my wife and I knew photography was one of our highest priorities. Before we settled on anything other than the location, we knew Paige would be the perfect fit for our wedding. Her work spoke to us on such an authentic level; it was simple yet so compelling. She finds a way to let nature and its raw beauty shine in a way that is uniquely her own.

We met Paige over a year before the wedding and felt like there was an instant connection. We got to know each other over coffee and quickly bonded over our shared love of dogs and nature. Her communication and process throughout the year leading up to the wedding was perfect and put us at ease. It was the one thing on our list that we knew we didn’t need to worry about.

We ended up finding a secluded lake house in Upstate New York. It was a location that we would all be seeing for the first time just days before the wedding, and what strikes me the most when looking through all of our pictures is how perfectly Paige captured EVERYTHING about those few days. It was so much more than the ceremony and formal pictures, it was the small, sweet moments that I never expected to have captured. She painted such a beautiful picture of the lake house itself, exploring the grounds, capturing the whole property and the finer details. The location, the house, the nature all around us felt like a character in our wedding story, and that was so much more than I ever could have dreamed. Some of the non-ceremony moments captured by Paige’s eye are some of my most cherished. Spending time with family and friends, playing on the lake, our dog running around having the time of his life…everything about those few days were treated with as much professionalism and artistry as the ceremony itself.

Paige’s passion was always apparent, especially in her openness to connecting with her clients. It really is this part of her mission that sets her far apart from any other professional photographer I’ve met or reviewed. We can’t thank Paige enough for being such a pivotal part of our wedding. These are pictures we will cherish every single day for the rest of our lives, and that is truly priceless.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • User7527695 · 1+ year ago

Paige was an absolute DREAM to work with. She was responsive from the start, interested in getting to know us as a couple, and very professional and pleasant. From our first meeting on skype I knew I would get along very well with her, obviously you can see if the style of her photos is for you on her website and social media, but what you can't see from there is how wonderful she is to work with and how she will blend seamlessly into your day. My husband is VERY camera shy and super awkward in staged photos, Paige was totally chill with this and we didn't really do any portraits all day, it just felt like he and were hanging out with our dog and Paige created beautiful natural photos from this. I say this in the best way possible, but in many parts of the day we kind of forgot Paige was even there, she wasn't "staging" us or being overbearing, she was just letting us enjoy the day and documenting it, and the results are obviously incredible. If you're looking for someone who is willing to traipse around the boulders because that's where you want the photos, someone who is not phased by a very large barking dog because you're That couple that needs to have the dog with you, and you want to feel like you're hanging out with a friend all day, you should seriously hire Paige.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/08/2017

Hiring Paige to be our wedding photographers was one of the best decisions we made. I was easy going with many aspects of my wedding, but I was the most picky when it came to photographers. I looked at over 50 photographers websites before I found Paige. She was referred to me by one of my clients. The minute I saw her photos, I knew I wanted to hire her. Not only is Paige a master at what she does, but she is wonderful to work with. She is kind, personable and truly cares about capturing the best photos for you and your spouse. Many of my friends and family have told me they have never seen better wedding photos - and I agree. Her work is outstanding. She is worth every penny and then some. Hire Paige, you will be blown away with your photos. I cherish mine.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2016

Paige was amazing to work with. Especially for those couples creating their own, non-traditional wedding. Her patience and easy-going spirit is amazing to have on your wedding day. And the photos are simply perfect.

Sent on 05/26/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2016

Do not hesitate to hire Paige!! She is an amazing photographer! She's so sweet and made us feel comfortable while taking our wedding photos. All of our family and friends rave about our wedding photos. We absolutely love her!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Ricky · Married on 06/13/2016

A couple months ago my now wife were planning an elopement in Yosemite and Big Sur. Vanessa began searching for a photographer and fell in love with the style of a very talented Paige Nelson. So I started corresponding with Paige and planning.

We changed direction on thought about having a big wedding with all of our family and friends. All the while I was planning a fitting way to ask the love of my life and soulmate a very important question.

She said yes on March 31st, 2016.! After beginning to plan our wedding we decided we wanted an intimate wedding. It was then that I told Vanessa that I'd take her to Costa Rica, a dream of Vanessa's. She loved the idea and we went to work planning our tropical wedding and honeymoon. Vanessa started looking for a photographer in Costa Rica but none had the style that she loved. I knew how important these pictures would be to her so I reached out to Paige. I asked her how far was she willing to travel. She immediately replied, "As far as you're willing to take me!" That's all I needed to here.

On June 10th we left Costa Rica. the first couple days we spent exploring this beautiful country with our family and our photographer and friend who I feel is now part of our family. On June 13th, 2016 Vanessa and I were married and the greatest adventure began.

Thank you so much Paige for capturing our special day in a way we can relive these precious moments for the rest of our lives. You are such a talented photographer and a very genuine and down to earth person. We are so happy we chose you and are very happy to have made such a great friendship. For anyone looking for someone who absolutely loves what they do and actually takes time to get to know you as a couple to see the best way to capture your story, go with the Paige.!

Love,
    Ricky and Vanessa Loera

Ps: I'm recovering nicely from the snake bite and complications after.

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • Simone

Simone · Married on 04/16/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about Paige!! We found her through a friend and I knew we had to work with her! We travelled from Arizona to California for her to shoot our engagements photos at Windansea beach. She was patient, detail oriented and very personable! Our photos turned out breath taking. As fate would have it, it ended up working out for her to come to Arizona to shoot our wedding. We had a pre wedding shoot the day before and then she shot our wedding day. Again, her attention to detail, professionalism and talent really came alive! I am so happy we found her and couldn't be more pleased with all of her hard work. We absolutely plan to use her again, I'm sure we can find a reason! :)

Sent on 06/16/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/03/2016

Paige photographed our wedding at Green Gables Wedding Estate in San Marcos this April 2016. We already had the most dreamy photos from our engagement session at Balboa Park, so I was 100% confident that Paige would get the shots we wanted. Furthermore, she even had a formal questionnaire to ensure we got all the shots we wanted. As a bride, to have a vendor you know will come through no matter what happens is such a relief. She is extremely detail orientated, professional and beyond talented. We felt so comfortable with her as she gave us the gentle direction we needed (a MUST for formal photography with a large, slightly buzzed, bridal party) while still capturing all the candid moments. She also came with a second shooter named Jamie who was just about the sweetest girl ever. When we got our proofs back I was so happy to see the images because many were moments I had missed myself. She isn't a "cheap" amateur photographer, which is not what you want when there is only one chance to get it right. She is, however, very reasonably priced for all that you receive and she can customize packages. What you get is a photographer who understands proper equipment, lighting, advanced editing, posing, post production, file sharing and also has a huge passion for her craft. Everyone in our bridal party and family was so impressed with both her body of work and her demeanor. I recommend checking out her website and blog if you are just starting your photographer search and book her soon as she is rightfully in high demand.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Tatum · Married on 11/06/2015

Paige is amazing! My husband and I were lucky enough to have Paige photograph our engagment session and wedding day. From the very beginning Paige was flexible, personable, professional, and offered great recommendations. I love Paige's style of photography and definitely will be booking with her in the future!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/13/2015

I have worked with Paige Nelson Photography for a variety of different events including portraits, family photos, and most recently my intimate wedding. There is no one I would have trusted more to capture my intimate wedding in Big Sur. She captured special moments and memories that will now be with us forever. You can tell that Paige spends a significant amount of effort on making sure she gets the little details and spends time and energy into the editing. Paige was willing to go on an adventure with us, helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and even stood on the edge of a cliff with us to get an incredible photo that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Paige is amazing!!! I can't say enough good things about her! From the first time I contacted her, I got an immediate replay to placing a final order she has always gotten back to me in a timely manner and answered all my many questions. Her pictures speak for themselves, they are just beautiful!! Alll the pictures from my daughters wedding came out beautiful but she captured some candid moments precious moments in time that are just truly touching !!! If you need a photographer you need to call Paige!!!!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Rachael · Married on 07/31/2015

Paige has a distinctive style, an eye for impromptu moments of beauty, that captures a story beautifully. Her photos blend her artistic talent and her ability to get to know her clients in a way that makes you feel like you're experiencing the wedding, engagement, family event, etc. through the eyes of a friend. We will and do recommend Paige to everyone who needs any kind of photo services. She's thorough, gives the perfect amount of direction to make her clients feel comfortable, and of course, her work speaks for itself. You can be completely comfortable trusting Paige to do her thing and do it well.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/13/2015

If there's a 1-10 scale, Paige would be an 11! So wonderful to work with! I'm not super comfortable in front of the camera and she's great and helping you relax and have fun. Her vision, creativity and eye for lighting is second to none. We would recommend her to ANYONE! In fact, we have already had friends use her for engagement and wedding photos, and we will absolutely be asking her to do our anniversary and family shots down the line. I am yet to come across a wedding photographer of her caliber. If you're engaged or getting married, contact Paige!!!

Sent on 01/09/2016