Chicago, Chicago, IL 60701 Map · Phone number

About Olive Fine Weddings & Events

Olive Fine Weddings is a wedding planner located in Chicago, Illinois. This customer driven wedding planner and coordination services will be sure to make your special day stress free. Olive Fine Weddings offers excellent customer service by providing 24-hour communication turnaround, leaving none of your questions unanswered. Olivia of Olive Fine Weddings has an upbeat demeanor and is incredibly organized, meaning nothing will be forgotten on your special day.

Experience
Olivia started her career as a consultant giving her the skills to think critically and adapt to her client’s needs. She began as a wedding planner four years ago and has worked as a Wedding Planner for Chic Weddings & Events in Washington, DC. She currently lives in Chicago and serves the Chicago, Ithaca, and Rochester areas.

Olive Fine Weddings offers a range of coordination services including day of coordination, event design, full planning, or partial planning. Olivia’s keen attention to detail and organizational skills will provide your event with a seamless timeline. She will work as your liaison between the vendors, venue coordinator, and even your bridal party, leaving you with nothing to do but relax.

Follow Olive Fine Weddings & Events on

Adler Planetarium
04ceremony278of311 51 997659 158110130020825

9 Reviews for Olive Fine Weddings & Events

Caileigh Gallahue · Married on 07/10/2020

Best Decision of Our Wedding!

Olivia was our full-service wedding planner for our wedding in Chicago in October, 2019, and we could not have been happier with our decision to go with Olive Fine Events! First of all, if you’re on the fence about having a wedding planner, it was the single most impactful decision we made after we got engaged, and we can’t imagine planning or having the wedding without her! Right from the start, Olivia brought knowledge and experience to the table that would have left us with far more work (and stress!) trying to figure it out on our own. This continued every step of the way throughout the planning process; Olivia helped us understand what was reasonable for pricing and other vendor requests, held meetings with vendors to work out details we were too busy to worry about, and generally made us feel far more comfortable about the decisions we were making. Even during lull periods (where we felt like we needed to be doing something), she reassured us that we were indeed on top of it.
    Fast forward to wedding day, and everything went off perfectly! Olivia spent the morning directing traffic at the venue to make sure all the details were in place, and if there were any issues, we were blissfully ignorant while Olivia made sure they were handled. This allowed us to enjoy time with the bridal party, relax, take pictures, etc. with no stress that we would arrive at the venue with even a small detail missed. This, of course, was made possible by Olivia’s detailed timeline for the day, including where and when vendors, bridal party, or family members and guests needed to at each moment.
    Throughout the entire process, Olivia was extremely accessible and responsive to everything from legitimate questions and concerns to irrational freak-outs that come with the territory of planning a wedding. She made us both feel incredibly comfortable from the start, and we grew to truly enjoy our various planning meetings or vendor visits (which usually took place or were followed by a visit to the Whole Foods bar to finish off the details of the day). Olivia is professional, organized, and most of all a fun and friendly person to be around. We cannot recommend her more highly.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily Sanders · Married on 11/03/2019

Hire Olivia immediately!!!

I know a lot of people who are hesitant about hiring a wedding planner, as was I. "Is it worth the money?" "I’m organized, I can probably deal with the vendors and the timeline, etc." And while I understand the impulse to try and save money, Olivia was the absolute BEST and most important decision I made in planning our wedding (besides saying yes when my husband proposed of course). I enjoyed every aspect of my wedding as well as my wedding planning process because of her.

Olivia was with us from beginning to end. She addressed every detail, from recommending and helping to book an amazing florist, to little details like getting my husband’s stuff from his room to our wedding suite while we were taking photos. She is incredibly organized, efficient, responsive, hardworking, and just an absolutely wonderful, kind, caring, and loving person. She loves love, and she is dedicated to making every wedding day as full of love as possible, as well as special and specific to each couple.

As my wedding approached, people kept asking me if I was stressed or nervous. I honestly wasn’t, I was just excited! I knew that Olivia had everything under control in terms of the timeline and organizing all of the vendors. On the wedding day, my experience as a bride couldn’t have been better! Besides normal pre-wedding jitters and excitement, I was completely stress-free. Even my mom (who usually likes to control and handle things…) said she loved that she felt useless and could just enjoy the day! We completely trusted Olivia to handle it all, and she did it with SUCH CLASS and EASE. I have no idea if there were any issues on the actual day or leading up to it, but if there were Olivia handled them all and didn’t let anything show. She was always professional, calm, and enthusiastic. Basically, she has the perfect personality for this job: she keeps the couple and family excited, informed, but not nervous!

The best advice I can give anyone planning a wedding….DON’T TRY TO BE YOUR OWN WEDDING PLANNER. HIRE OLIVIA.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/14/2019

Professional, diligent, wonderful wedding coordinator!

As my husband said when we returned to our room after the perfect wedding day: hiring Olivia was the best vendor decision we made. Although the suite had been used that day for the bridal party’s hair, makeup, breakfast, and lunch—and was therefore in a state of total disarray when I left it—we found it completely clean and organized that evening. All of the miscellaneous items I figured had been lost in the chaos of the day (e.g. my heels, veil, clutch, etc.) were arranged perfectly in the corner. On the table by the window was a slice of our wedding cake, which we had failed to eat in the excitement of the reception. This anecdote is Olivia in a nutshell: she will work tirelessly to ensure that you have the absolute perfect wedding day, down to the smallest of details.

We were married in Ithaca, New York (in the Finger Lakes), requiring us to plan the wedding from afar. Although booking the venue, band, florist, etc. was easy enough, the difficulty arose in the last couple of months before the wedding. At this point, there were so many moving pieces and numerous details that I never considered; it felt overwhelming. This is where Olivia shone. She took over communications with our dozen or so vendors, scheduling calls to discuss the day-of plan so that everyone knew their job and when to do it. Our venue ranged from unresponsive to antagonistic, but Olivia was the consummate professional. It was during this period that I also peppered Olivia with questions large (e.g. timeline) and small (e.g. color of the linen on our sweetheart table). I’m sure there were days when messages from me comprised 50% of her inbox (at least); she answered all of them so helpfully.

Olivia takes the time to genuinely understand your vision. She then executes that vision flawlessly. I had a lot of details in mind for my wedding day. Olivia went through each and every one with me, compiling them all in a final guidance document that made clear who had responsibility for what among her team and the vendors. Having Olivia as our fearless leader the weekend of our wedding provided such a sense of security. I was so worried that it was going to rain, but Olivia reserved a side tent as an alternative ceremony site and talked us through all the ways we could “flex” our timeline to accommodate showers. She led the rehearsal, instructing everyone on where they needed to be and when. Our families were incredibly impressed by her competence, professionalism, and kindness. Finally, the day of our wedding, Olivia handled EVERYTHING, so that we could just soak in the happiness and enjoy our day. I can only imagine the number of phone calls, text messages, and vendor conversations I or my husband would have had to field had Olivia not been there. Instead, we could just disconnect, trusting that everything would be taken care of. It was, and perfectly: as she did during the planning process, Olivia handled it all—big (perfecting the décor in the ceremony and reception areas) and small (removing a stain from my wedding dress with a shout pen).

In sum, Olivia is professional, diligent, detail-oriented, kind, and, as other reviewers have mentioned, a total romantic at heart. All of these qualities combine to make Olivia phenomenal at her job. I can say without a doubt that our wedding would not have been the absolutely perfect day that it was without Olivia. Book her!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Olive Fine Weddings & Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• The Treman Center Barn & Farm Weddings

Olivia celebrated her wedding at the Treman center last summer 2017. We agreed to do a much larger wedding than we had ever done before because we were so confident that Olivia's expertise in event planning would assure a great success, and indeed it was. It was multi-faceted with the support of many vendors but it was truly Olivia's attention to detail and supreme organizational skills that made it all work so well. I highly recommend her for your event.

• Chicago Chicago, IL, 60701 See on map
    Location of (Olive Fine Weddings & Events)