Designed by architect Oliver G. Traphagen, the city’s most distinguished and sought-after architect of the time, Duluth’s original city hall served as the center of city government and business from 1889 until 1926.
It was built in brownstone in the popular Richardsonian Romanesque Revival style. Today, the historic Third Floor, including the restored Council Chamber and Snively Hall, serve as compelling and beautiful event spaces.
Below the streets is Duluth’s only Speakeasy, The Rathskeller. Renovated from the active coal room for Old City Hall, it is now a full functioning speakeasy with the freshest cocktails in town.
Other couples have also viewed