Has your original wedding day been impacted or postponed, but you are still dreaming of walking down the aisle this year? We have launched a private ceremony package that is just for you!
- $1,000 for a ceremony up to 10 people in Memorial Hall, Johnson Great Room, or University Hall
- 3 hour rental - includes set-up, ceremony, and post-ceremony photos
- Accommodation for a “first look” -- two private dressing rooms with on-site staff to get you in place
- Built-in AV for vows and music in all rooms
- Great lighting in each room to live stream your ceremony to virtual guests
- Gorgeous photo opportunities within the building and outside on the landscaped plaza
- Have a private first dance together following the ceremony with convenient hook-up for music
- Complimentary bottle of champagne or sparkling cider
Hold a private ceremony in 2020 & receive discounted pricing if you return for a reception in 2021!
OPEN DATES: October 3rd, December 31st (NYE), and March 6th!
The McNamara Alumni Center at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis is an elegant celebration venue with wood and copper interiors inspired by the Minnesota landscape. The venue offers two stunning settings for wedding receptions--Memorial Hall accommodates up to 400 guests; University Hall up to 150 guests--both accommodating ceremonies, too.
Other amenities McNamara offers include: Award-winning D'Amico Catering, our exclusive on-site caterer; an adjacent 500-car parking ramp with event rates between $8.00-$13.00 per car; and adjacent Graduate Hotel, connected to McNamara by tunnel, with 304 sleeping rooms.
Other couples have also viewed:
19 Reviews for McNamara Alumni Center
Recommended by 98% of couples
1 User photo
Brooke Beierle · Getting married on 07/12/2021
I was the Wedding Planner for Jeff and Keiran’s wedding at McNamara Alumni Center on December 31, 2019. We were blown away by the overall experience and the venue itself met and exceeded all of our expectations. From day one with communication, to on site assistance with set up, the staff that helped to make Jeff and Keiran’s day run smoothly, couldn’t have been nicer and very professional. The catering staff was just as amazing and the food is something guests still talk about today. This venue played a huge part in the success of the wedding and I would highly recommend it to any of my future brides and clients.Sent on 05/12/2020
Kelsey · Married on 03/26/2016
So helpful and accommodating! I loved everyone we worked with and they were very helpful!Sent on 03/29/2016
User4370770 · 2+ years ago
Absolutely LOVE this place! It's the only venue we considered. Memorial Hall is spectacular, the architecture is amazing. The staff were extremely helpful throughout the entire process, but especially the day of. D'Amico catering is very pricey, but we got so many compliments on the food.Sent on 09/14/2015