McNamara Alumni Center Reviews

18 Reviews for McNamara Alumni Center

1 User photo

McNamara Alumni Center 1

Kelsey · Married on 03/26/2016

So helpful and accommodating! I loved everyone we worked with and they were very helpful!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Absolutely LOVE this place! It's the only venue we considered. Memorial Hall is spectacular, the architecture is amazing. The staff were extremely helpful throughout the entire process, but especially the day of. D'Amico catering is very pricey, but we got so many compliments on the food.

Sent on 09/14/2015

All around spectacular. A gorgeous venue with a very responsive, helpful, and professional staff.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Julie · Married on 09/12/2014

We had our wedding ceremony in the Johnson Great Hall and reception in the stunning Memorial Hall in September 2014. We were incredibly happy with the experience we had working with the staff at McNamara. Alaina in particular was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. She was so helpful during our planning (and we planned our wedding in just 4 months). We didn't know what we were doing and she provided tons of suggestions and ideas. She was very responsive and always friendly and helpful. D'Amico food is of course, amazing. We worked with Amy from D'Amico and she was also very helpful. We received TONS of compliments from our guests about the venue and food. The physical space is unique and amazing. We had a live band and they sounded great in Memorial Hall. It's a perfect setting for a band and dance. Another great thing is that the building is so naturally beautiful, you hardly have to decorate. We did flowers and lots of candles - but nothing else - and it looked amazing. Overall, this venue is totally worth the investment and your guests will be talking about your wedding for a while!

Sent on 10/06/2014

There really are not enough words to express the gratitude that our family has for the entire McNamara staff. They worked with us for about a year to plan my daughter's wedding reception for over 200 guests. They were experienced, caring, great listeners, always there when we needed to talk via email, phone or in person. The list could go on and on. Alli was beyond words 'a gem' to work with; Amy in catering 'a gem' as well. We could not have had the success without the guidance and expertise of Alli and Amy. My daughter and I are still talking about the 'wonderful team' we had. Without a doubt, this is the only place I would recommend to anyone that is planning a special event. Our hearts go out forever to our 'favorite new friends' at McNamara.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Meghan · Married on 07/12/2014

McNamara Alumni Center was a TRUE lifesaver in throwing our wedding! Our original venue flooded just weeks before our wedding and we had to find an alternative. We were so lucky that McNamara just happened to have availability when they usually book years in advance! We worked with both Kim and Alaina and they were beyond amazing while helping us throw together a new wedding in just weeks! Everything was so incredible and the day was more perfect that we could have ever dreamed! Thank you McNamara!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Having my wedding at McNamara Alumni Center was amazing. The staff is very professional and organized. The venue is stunning and my guest loved the uniqueness of the location. Couldn't have asked for a better place!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jake · Married on 06/21/2014

The staff at McNamara were incredibly helpful in assisting us as we planned our ceremony. Our ceremony was in the Johnson Great Room (a truly beautiful and amazing space). The room was set up just as described and we felt right at home during both the rehearsal and prep time before the ceremony.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Amanda · event on 04/06/2014

McNamara and the staff were very kind and professional with handling our event! They were personable and quick to respond with answers to ALL of my questions (and there were many of them!). I worked with many staff from McNamara and their communication between one another was so great! I would highly recommend McNamara for holding ANY event!

Sent on 04/09/2014

First off, this is a beautiful space that can look classic or modern, fun or formal. We got so many people telling us that they were amazed by the physical space.
    The people here are true professionals who know what they are doing. They did everything on time, the staff was great and organized. They helped us plan things out and had great ideas when I asked for them.
    I would recommend this to anyone.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Reyanna · Married on 09/29/2012

We LOVED Lauren, our event coordinator, and Amy our caterer! McNamara really made planning our wedding EASY. They recently opened some smaller rooms for more intimate weddings (which ours was - 96 people) and it was insanely beautiful. We wanted a space that was already architecturally pretty, since neither of us are very good at decor :). Everyone commented on how gorgeous the ceremony and reception were, and unbelievably everything went off without a hitch! They were patient and helpful. I highly recommend looking at the McNamara for an event. The smaller rooms and an excellent option for anyone on a smaller budget, or don't want to have hundreds and hundreds of guests. (Did I mention the food was INCREDIBLE?!)

Sent on 10/14/2012

The wedding day itself went without a hitch, due in large part to the event staff who were assigned by McNamara to take care of our day-of needs. One staff person helping day-of was there for the rehearsal as well, so I was able to walk through things with them before the actual wedding. They were incredible and so thoughtful, helping when I was worried that certain things might not get done, and alerting me to certain things I didn't realize I needed to think about. I took off half a star for responsiveness because my event coordinator did not respond to me all the time, especially when I emailed her a year out. It is understandable, since she had other, more immediate weddings to take care of, but it did make me worry that she would not be responsive as we got closer. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

The venue is gorgeous, but the real seller here is the staff that helps out on the day of your event. I feel like they were worth every penny.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Taara · Married on 07/07/2018

McNamara Alumni Center memorial hall is absolutely gorgeous! The high, geometric ceilings are simply breathtaking and make for a beautiful venue. Their staff is very professional and easy to work with! They only work with D’Amico catering, but their food is ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, amazing. If you want a Saturday wedding anytime during or around peak season, you will pay an arm and a leg, but if it’s in your budget, you will have a dream wedding. You’ll be able to save a little by having it on Friday or Sunday, however! If you’re very particular about decorative settings, you will have to rent chair covers or different chairs (their included chairs are highly unattractive). Other than that, with a few decorative flowers and votives, you’ll have a beautiful venue! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    McNamara Alumni Center 2

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

We held our ceremony and reception at McNamara and had the most perfect day, thanks to the team there. They were timely and accommodating the entire planning process, and every last detail was ironed out and went off without a hitch the day of. The venue itself is unique and gorgeous, which our guests commented on the entire night. We had the Memorial Hall package which was perfect for our guest count and flow of the evening. It's a little on the pricier side, but to us it was worth it. It was smooth sailing the entire way. I would recommend McNamara to everyone and anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2017

3.5

Great experience from their responsiveness to the personal attention the day of. More expensive than some venues but you definitely get what you pay for. Don't miss the wedding showcase that they have for booked couples and ones planning to book. We got great discounts on other vendors there and got to try several D'amico desserts.

Sent on 05/13/2014
  • g_cleveland

Geida · Married on 08/25/2013

McNamara host hundreds of events a year, working with them you would not know that you are one of hundreds. They are every great at working with you when you need it and answering the questions when you ask them. I would highly recommend this venue- it's beautiful!!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Alaina was wonderbar to work with! She was well organized and helpful, even with the details. We had a smaller wedding with 85 guests and the University Hall worked out beautifully. The place had a really nice ambiance with the floor to ceiling windows, the trees outside, and the copper ceiling and walls. Everything was first rate.

Sent on 06/29/2016

3.0

This place is awesome! An evening wedding created a beautiful look with the lights in Memorial Hall and the candles by the water. It was one enchanted evening and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 12/18/2014