P.O. Box 28366, Scottsdale, AZ 85266 Map · Phone number

About Oceanic West

I started conducting wedding ceremonies as a Captain aboard charter yachts on San Francisco Bay and Hawaii. Later, I branched out to shoreside locations. I am currently active conducting ceremonies in and around Scottsdale, Arizona, where my wife Natalie and I moved in early 2017.

Natalie continues to coordinate weddings and receptions on San Francisco Bay --- we have a great Captain and crew who provide outstanding and attentive service. Most of the time, a wedding aboard a charter yacht also includes a reception cruise around the Bay. Voyager is fully equipped with a licensed bar, restaurant-type galley (kitchen), sound system, tables, chairs, linens, china and serviceware. We provide a multitude of menus, bar selections, floral and wedding cakes. Having the wedding ceremony and the reception together in spectacular surroundings can be most memorable as well as surprisingly affordable.

Usually, the bride and groom will meet with me over coffee while they are in the "officiant choosing" stage to be sure of our interaction. I enjoy getting to know them so that I can best support them in creating vows and a ceremony that is most meaningful. After all, the entire event revolves around their commitment to each other, that wonderful and optimistic sharing of their lives. My job is to assist and ease the flow and I feel most fortunate to participate in their celebration!

For land-side weddings, I normally limit my involvement to the wedding ceremony itself. This can be simple and sweet and only include creation and participation in the ceremony --- or can be more involved with elaborate discussions, a prior rehearsal and the ceremony itself. Afterwards, I can remain for pictures, collect signatures and will file the completed license with the county. My charges start at $200 for a simple ceremony and increase for additional involvement on my part.

Please give a call at 480-272-7780 so we can meet with no financial commitment on your part. It will feel a little like a blind date; but remember, we need to feel comfortable working together and I'll always be in your wedding album.

Congratulations!

selina and david wedding 27
ingridkelly 05

2 Reviews for Oceanic West

Natalie · Married on 11/11/2017

Absolutely perfect! Mike was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant. He was flexible to our short notice and personalized the ceremony for US. He was so nice and not over bearing at all. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2015

Mike Watson was perfect! He was very easy to work with and flexible with our requests. He conducted the ceremony flawlessly and just the way we wanted it.
    He went above and beyond to help us with our marriage certificate and we couldn't have been happier with our choice to hire him as our officiant. We highly recommend!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Oceanic West FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 150.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Pagan, Presbyterian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AZ, CA, HI, NV, NJ