Durham, NC 27704 Map · Phone number

About Nexus Weddings

Although I've been officiating weddings for three years, I founded Nexus Weddings in Spring 2018 to help more couples envision and develop their perfect marriage ceremony. I take great joy in being involved in such a momentous life event where individuals and families become one.

Nexus : an important connection or series of connections linking two or more things; a central or focal point.

The name "Nexus" embodies my style as an officiant. Above all else, what the bride and groom want will be the main focus in crafting the ceremony. I also emphasize the connections that brought the happy couple together and the unification of two individuals and families into one.

The first wedding I officiated was my younger sister's in 2015 in southern California. It was so special for me to be able to play this role in their union and help craft their wedding ceremony. After marrying them, I brushed off a number of complements from attendees about how heartfelt and sweet the ceremony was, but my wife didn't. She volunteered me to officiate the wedding of her cousin, and next thing I know one of my best friends wants me to officiate his wedding too! At this point, I realized I was on to something. I love learning about people and the unique things that make every couple special. Synthesizing these feelings of love and mutual respect into a customized ceremony also allow me to pursue my passion for writing and public speaking. I am hooked and now officiate weddings part-time as an enjoyable side business. There's nothing I can be more grateful for than a couple letting me into their lives and helping them express their life-long commitment to each other on their special day in front of family and friends. Bringing such happiness to the bride and groom and their families is what makes this work so rewarding to me.

I am ordained through American Marriage Ministries and perform marriage ceremonies for all types of couples and weddings. I've officiated religious ceremonies, to short five-minute weddings, and everything in between. My main goal is to customize the wedding ceremony to the couple's and families' desires and needs. I share the belief of American Marriage Ministries that all people have the right to marry and to do so in whatever fashion makes them the most happy!

Follow Nexus Weddings on

122883a933f806c9 West 302 cropped officiant pic
47497aca6170d0a3 1531326690 5c9ef89be4f6c9b3 1531326685307 1 2017 6 10 Blount M

1 Reviews for Nexus Weddings

Brian · Married on 12/02/2017

Mike was, in a word, AMAZING. At first, my wife's family was apprehensive about Mike officiating our ceremony - they're more traditional, and wanted the wedding to reflect that. As we worked with Mike to prepare for the big day, they felt better and better. Mike was thoughtful, deferential to what we wanted our experience to be, but also insightful and creative when we wanted help or a second opinion. His professionalism was reflected in all his preparation and the time and energy he put into getting our ceremony perfect for us (which he absolutely did). Mike sent us a "script" that we adjusted to our liking - throughout the draft process we went back and forth with him over email several times to fine tune the ceremony just how we wanted it. Throughout the planning process with Mike we felt listened to and taken care of, and thanks to Mike's hard work and professional demeanor there was no stress in the planning process.

When our wedding day arrived, Mike was even more impressive. We added in one fairly significant ceremony change on the morning of our wedding - Mike was available and happy to accommodate this, and worked hard to blend our changes seamlessly into the flow of what we already had prepared. Mike's presence at the altar was perfect for what we wanted - he was professional and serious as the occasion required, but he also had a lightheartedness and playfulness that we wanted in his delivery...the audience loved the entire ceremony and his delivery and execution were impeccable. Afterwards, several guests commented on the great job Mike did. I would absolutely recommend Mike as someone who will give your ceremony a personal touch and help ensure that your big day goes exactly as you want it to!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Nexus Weddings FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English