New York Ceremony Music

New York Ceremony Music

About New York Ceremony Music

A Modern/Boutique duo of Guitar and Cello with repertoire ranging from The Smiths to The National

Imagine walking down the aisle in the most beautiful of settings to The Smiths, Depeche Mode, The Beatles and Band of Horses. We specialize in customizing your wedding to your personal taste in music. The longevity of playing together for 18 years has given us the versatility to make every wedding performance unique and above all special!  Our philosophy is simple, write great arrangements and memorize them so we can pay attention to the details and be fully present every step of the way!

When you book New York Ceremony Music you know you will be booking Topu and Randy. We experimented with having another group perform our repertoire, and though it was successful, we realize that 18 years of performing side by side is irreplaceable.  We are confident that we are the premiere ceremony and cocktail musicians in New York City. On our website we have over 100 recordings that we have personally arranged and recorded and you can hear for yourself the magic that we make.

We began performing together in 1999, when our friends and siblings started getting married. We flew all around the country attending and playing weddings. With each event came many personal requests for music and we discovered our knack for arranging any type of song. We have been booked for destination weddings in San Miguel, Mexico, Merida, Mexico, Big Sky, Montana, Denver, Colorado, San Fransisco, California, Newport, Maine, Kona, Hawaii, Lima, Peru, Tucson, Arizona and all throughout the Tri-State. Now we have a diverse, ever-growing repertoire perfect for any special occasion. Our repertoire ranges from The Beatles to Fleet Foxes, Elliot Smith to The National, Depeche Mode to Gypsy Jazz (Django Style), Brazilian (Bossa Nova and Choro), Classical and everything in between.

We know planning events can be stressful! New York Ceremony Music takes the burden off your shoulders. If there is one thing you will not have to worry about, it's the music.  We offer a consultation and will happily personalize the music to your specific taste.

--Topu Lyo and Randy Bergida, founders

347-645-3721

info@nyceremonymusic.com

Categories: Wedding Musician

Regions serviced: New York City, Westchester, Los Angeles, Honolulu + 4 Additional Regions

Follow New York Ceremony Music on

Learn New Songs (5)
Microphones (3)
Reception (1)
Sample Music (1)

Randy and Topu were professionals offering high quality musicianship. When I first listened to their music, I fell in love with the beautiful harmony of guitar and cello sounds. They were classy, contemporary, and entertaining. They looked so special, so I decided to work with them at the very beginning of planning.
I planned a small wedding, without a DJ(at the last, I hired an MC) and there was a five -course dinner after a ceremony. We chose ceremony/dinner package, which was 2 hour dinner performance. I was so busy preparing for the wedding but music was not my concerns. They made me stress-free. I just picked specific songs from their playlist for the processional and recessional. Then they could grasp my taste.
I was so looking forward to meeting them and saying hello to Randy and Topu. They came early on that day and I could meet them. Throughout the wedding, they performed beautifully as my expectations.
For the dinner party, Randy and Topu could see how the guests were doing, and created appropriate mood so the guests enjoyed their conversation.
It was unforgettable moment for me to listen to Hallelujah for the mother's entrance , a thousand year for my walking down and flightless bird for the dance with my father.
If you are looking for musicians for your wedding, I would highly recommend them!
I couldn't say enough more how I loved their attitude, professionalism. I've got a lot of compliments on their performance from my family and guests. Randy & Topu really swept them off their feet.
My appreciations for making the day so special.

Profile Picture Eunjeong, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Seven days after my wedding, I am still glowing with pride from the AMAZING find of Randy and Topu. I planned the wedding in three weeks so I had to go with my gut instincts on most decisions, and boy was I right on these two. They had a wide variety of music to choose from for both the ceremony and reception, and were flexible and accommodating to my ideas - even with my insane idea of an outdoor wedding in NYC in December. They were quick to respond to my questions and showed up early on the big day.

And then they played. It was WONDERFUL!!! Having live music was important to me, and to have it played so well really made the day extra perfect. I can't say enough about them.

Profile Picture Lawrence, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Reception, Sound/PA System, Cello, Guitar

New York Ceremony Music Pricing