New York Ceremony Music Reviews

New York Ceremony Music 2
New York Ceremony Music 3

Barbara · Married on 10/07/2018

Top quality musicians!

We hired New York Ceremony Music after finding their website on weddingwire and listening to their music on their website. Their musicianship stood out compared to the other vendors we listened to. They were flexible and responsive to work with.leading up to the wedding. My daughter, the bride, asked for a special arrangement and they were very accommodating. The music ( violin and cello) was even better in person and set an elegant tone for the ceremony and reception that followed.

Mina · Married on 09/16/2018

Randy and Topu were amazing! We didn't have a large wedding budget, but I just knew that a cello was something that I NEEDED to splurge on for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Who knew that a cello and acoustic guitar combo would sound so INCREDIBLE?! My (now) husband and I are pretty non-traditional and loved their renditions of modern music — The Beatles, Queen, and even Michael Jackson! I requested a custom song/recording for my bridal processional — GNR's "Sweet Child of Mine" because they're my husband's all-time favorite band and everyone knows it — and it couldn't have turned out better! It was an amazing arrangement and romantic and truly unique for us that we can cherish forever. Randy and Topu were very communicative throughout the process and were dressed very sharply and professional the day of. They also had a microphone to rent for our officiant, which was very helpful. Everyone complimented their amazing music and how it really set the tone for the rest of the evening. Would not hesitate to book them again!!

Eunjeong · Married on 04/07/2018

Randy and Topu were professionals offering high quality musicianship. When I first listened to their music, I fell in love with the beautiful harmony of guitar and cello sounds. They were classy, contemporary, and entertaining. They looked so special, so I decided to work with them at the very beginning of planning.
    I planned a small wedding, without a DJ(at the last, I hired an MC) and there was a five -course dinner after a ceremony. We chose ceremony/dinner package, which was 2 hour dinner performance. I was so busy preparing for the wedding but music was not my concerns. They made me stress-free. I just picked specific songs from their playlist for the processional and recessional. Then they could grasp my taste.
    I was so looking forward to meeting them and saying hello to Randy and Topu. They came early on that day and I could meet them. Throughout the wedding, they performed beautifully as my expectations.
    For the dinner party, Randy and Topu could see how the guests were doing, and created appropriate mood so the guests enjoyed their conversation.
    It was unforgettable moment for me to listen to Hallelujah for the mother's entrance , a thousand year for my walking down and flightless bird for the dance with my father.
    If you are looking for musicians for your wedding, I would highly recommend them!
    I couldn't say enough more how I loved their attitude, professionalism. I've got a lot of compliments on their performance from my family and guests. Randy & Topu really swept them off their feet.
    My appreciations for making the day so special.

Lawrence · Married on 12/02/2017

Seven days after my wedding, I am still glowing with pride from the AMAZING find of Randy and Topu. I planned the wedding in three weeks so I had to go with my gut instincts on most decisions, and boy was I right on these two. They had a wide variety of music to choose from for both the ceremony and reception, and were flexible and accommodating to my ideas - even with my insane idea of an outdoor wedding in NYC in December. They were quick to respond to my questions and showed up early on the big day.

And then they played. It was WONDERFUL!!! Having live music was important to me, and to have it played so well really made the day extra perfect. I can't say enough about them.

New York Ceremony Music 4
    New York Ceremony Music 5
    New York Ceremony Music 6

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Randy + Topu are just such a class act. From the initial reach out to the day of, they were extremely easy to work and communicate with. They created such a special feel to our ceremony and cocktail hour that will never be forgotten! They even created a special composition for us that killed it with our guests during our ceremony! They are just two guys, one with a guitar, the other a cello, and they make music that is just so incredibly beautiful! Highly, highly, highly recommend!

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

NY Ceremony came recommended by our venue coordinator, and they were so great and easy to work with. We went for a 2-hour package with them -- starting from when guests are seated through the cocktail reception. From our initial contact to day of, they were super responsive, professional, and friendly. We ordered a custom arrangement + studio recording from them, to use as our processional, and their rendition was beautiful. I was unfortunately to weepy after the ceremony to properly thank them in person (oops), but they added such a nice, elegant note to our wedding.

Britton · Married on 07/22/2017

Randy and Topu were amazing! We hired them for our ceremony and cocktail hour and not only did they sound amazing - they were SUPER easy to work with. Thanks to them we had a fantastic ambience that day, and a stress-free preparation experience.

• Rose

Rose · Married on 05/13/2017

Wonderful experience with Randy and Topu! Randy handled the logistics and planning and was very responsive throughout the whole process, while Topu handled the musical arrangements and was extremely helpful in our selections. NY Ceremony Music played for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they did an incredible job. We couldn't be happier!

Julianna · Married on 11/05/2016

It is utterly shocking to me that there aren't one million 5 star reviews racked up for Ny Ceremony Music yet. We had Topu and Randy perform for our ceremony and during cocktail hour. They absolutely exceeded all of our expectations. Music was so important to us and having beautiful arrangements of some of our favorite songs was a must. They already had some of our favorites on their list so that was easy! The transitions from song to song were seamless. I just wish I could have taken more time to sing their praises in person at the wedding. I absolutely cannot recommend them more. Seriously, if you are looking for live music for your ceremony and are debating whether or not to do it or what musicians to book, BOOK THEM. You will not regret it. It was one of the best decisions I made. We emailed a couple of times and they took it from there. I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Candace · Married on 08/06/2016

Randy and Topu are incredible! They are amazingly talented musicians and did such a great job at our August 6, 2016 wedding. We hired them to do both the ceremony music and the cocktail hour. It was great to have fun, live music during cocktail, and for the ceremony we loved that their repertoire included many beautifully arranged contemporary pieces. It was so easy working with them and they were professional and communicative. We also hired them to work with a friend who would sing a song for our ceremony. They were so accommodating and the piece was lovely. If you’re looking for ceremony musicians, look no further – Randy and Topu are outstanding and will add class and grace to your event.

Rachel · Married on 07/17/2016

Randy and Topu were phenomenal! Our guests got to enjoy them more than we did, as the played throughout the guests' arrival while were getting ready to walk down the aisle(!) That said, they beautifully arranged the songs we requested for that walk, and included with the ceremony was an hour for our cocktail hour. We had guests come up and tell us that they thought Randy and Topu played some songs better than the originals! They are incredibly easy to work with and were such a wonderful part of our big day. Thank you so much!!

Sabrina · Married on 07/16/2016

Working with Randy and Topu was a fantastic experience. They were incredibly responsive and professional during our planning phase and their custom arrangements of our processional songs were perfect. They played beautifully during our ceremony and cocktail hour and our guests raved about them. Highly recommend!

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2015

We first heard NY Ceremony Music's work before we began seriously planning our wedding, but even then, we knew that we had found our musicians. Their seasoned professionalism and straightforward demeanor made Randy and Topu easy to work with. Above all, the quality of their musicianship is unparalleled. We were so happy with our custom arrangement. We had so many compliments from guests on the beauty of music during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They set the right tone for the rest of a wonderful night. Thanks, Randy and Topu!

They came recommended by my wedding planner. I had the phone consultation with Topu and he was the best to work with! I love their version of Lovers in Japan and wanted it for me to walk down the aisle, especially since I am a big fan of Coldplay. On the day of the wedding, they arrived on time in professional attire. Their music was beautiful, and they worked seamlessly with my officiant throughout the ceremony. During the cocktail hour, they played on a patio outside the cocktail room and the beautiful music breezed in with the sunshine when the door was wide open. I wish I were one of the guests to sit down and listen through their performance. I would highly recommend them!

Alicia · Married on 07/10/2015

We loved working with NY Ceremony Musicians. Their performance was the perfect backdrop to our outdoor garden ceremony. They played for a half our prior to the bridal party entrance when we had appetizers and refreshments set up (which of course I sadly wasn't able to hear!) We loved their varied selections of music that gave us the opportunity to choose songs that really reflected us as a couple! They were so easy to work with and responsive! Although they offered to meet with us, it only took a few quick e-mails back and forth to know that we were in good hands! We are so glad we chose them for our wedding day!

Dan · Married on 10/18/2014

Randy and Topu were fantastic. They were helpful in putting together a playlist for our ceremony and cocktail hour and the music is just phenomenal. It sounds even better in person. Our guests couldn't stop raving about them, and rightly so. We couldn't recommend them more. Perfect for that couple looking for something a little different.

Dara · Married on 10/03/2014

Randy and Topu are great! I actually didn't even get a chance to meet them in person at our wedding, and it's the thing I most regret. They always responded quickly to emails and were very helpful. They even composed a custom version of our recessional song for us, which was incredible. They were VERY professional at the ceremony and sounded awesome. We received many compliments about how great they were. My veil had been forgotten at the hotel, and they managed to keep the guests entertained for almost an extra 30 minutes while it was retrieved! Amazing!

These guys are incredible! Topu & Randy played at my wedding in early July -- and I honestly feel like they made the night! My guests (both during the wedding and after) could NOT stop talking about how great the ceremony/cocktail hour music was. They were so wonderfully pleasant to work with -- always responsive and super helpful, particularly when it came to choosing selections for the ceremony. Could not recommend them more!

Randy and Topu were extremely helpful in picking out songs for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Their website made it easy for us to listen to what songs we would want to have played. The planning process was made quick and simple and we were able to decide just within a couple phone calls the plans for the day of. We decided on picking out just the processional and recessional music, and let the two of them pick the rest. Although we did not get to hear them during the ceremony, since we were preoccupied getting ready, we had a ton of compliments from our guests describing how amazing they were. Many of them were especially excited to hear a lot of the Beatles music that they play. They were extremely professional and on time even with the torrential rain and hurricane like conditions that day. They were a wonderful addition to our wedding day and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a talented, fun, classy, and cool group.

Gaby · Married on 12/07/2013

Topu and Randy are so talented and *so* easy to work with. I met with Randy over the phone once and our relaxed conversation along with the beautiful recordings on their website made the decision to work with them an easy one for me and my fiance.

We sent song suggestions for our ceremony via email to Topu and he made some great tweaks to ensure that sequencing was absolutely lovely. When I heard them begin to play before walking down the aisle I felt teary eyed--it was so beautiful. Their music really elevated our ceremony.

Topu and Randy are extremely skilled at playing off the mood of the crowd leading up to the ceremony and during the cocktail hour. They brought an air of sophistication to our wedding without taking themselves too seriously.

Our guests really enjoyed what they brought to our event, and so did we!!

Nina · Married on 09/29/2013

Randy and Topu are amazing.
    I'll be honest...I did not want to have live music for the ceremony and cocktail hour but my mother insisted. My nightmare was that it would be just Pachabel's Cannon in D or some lame jazz trio (the last bit was more my husband's worry than mine).
    When I came across Randy and Topu's website, and saw all the Bob Dylan, and The Cure, and The Beatles, I knew that I had come across a perfect solution.
    They were so sweet, cool, and talented and they made my day that much more amazing with their music.
    Thank you guys. Your version of "Falling Slowly" that I walked down the aisle to left many of my guests in tears!

Liz · Married on 09/15/2013

We loved having Randy and Topu provide the music for our ceremony. Their beautiful arrangements added the perfect ambience to our ceremony at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Topu made the planning so easy, too! We're so happy! NY Ceremony Music is the best choice!

I would highly recommend Randy and Topu! They were reliable and the music was beautiful. They are truly a talented pair with the ability and flexibility to make a unique and special program of music. I had one special request for a song that was not in their repertoire, and when they played it accompanying two friends of mine who sang, it immediately brought tears to my eyes. The guitar/cello combination has a special quality of sound that really moves people and ended up being just right for our ceremony. 5 stars for sure!

Maureen · Married on 04/20/2013

Randy and Topu's music were an excellent addition to our cocktail hour! They got a lot of rave reviews from our guests. I liked that they played a good mixture of classical and contemporary music. The music provided a nice background to the festivities without overwhelming them.

Randy was professional and responsive when setting up all the details over email. I would highly recommend them!