Named for the French villa where the Rolling Stones recorded “Exile on Main Street,” Nellcôte is opulent yet approachable, a neighborhood restaurant wrapped in high-energy elegance. Situated on Randolph Street, the menu features European-inspired small plates made with Midwestern ingredients — including house-milled flour — and the cocktail program offers kitchen-inspired drinks made with culinary precision. Nellcôte has earned accolades from Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, Chicago Magazine, CS, and Eater
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 94% of couples
20 User photos
Bailey smith · Married on 11/10/2018
It’s been three weeks since we got married at Nellcote and I am still getting showered in compliments about how amazing our wedding was.Sent on 12/01/2018
I worked closely with Annie throughout the planning process at Nellcote. Annie is probably an angel. She is calm, collected and so flexible when it came to EVERY change I made. Annie offered several options from layouts to making the most of our budget. She is very responsive and fun to work with, I was so blessed to have her help me throughout this entire process.
The venue is gorgeous. We didn’t want to take away from the beauty of the space and let Nellcote be the main decor. It’s very ornate with fantastic chandeliers and art. The open floor plan was extremely versatile and we were able to transition the restaurant from a open ceremony space to a cozy, romantic reception with dancing.
The food. THE FOOD. Just amazing. We went with the plated dinner package and everything was so tasty. All my guest couldn’t believe how yummy everything was, especially the potatoes! There are several package options to fit a variety of needs. I personally love the food at Nellcote and was so happy that my guest enjoyed themselves. It tasted like a home cooked meal with an upscale presentation. Each course was just as yummy as it was beautifully plated.
The service was fantastic. My husband still jokes that he never lifted a finger. Everyone at Nellcote was extremely professional, attentive to our guests and so warm and friendly. The staff had smiles on and were so engaging it felt like they were happy to be helping us celebrate.
I think Nellcote is a true gem. My wedding was magical and everyone at Nellcote made me and my husband and feel like family.
Jennifer Kowall · Married on 11/03/2018
Amazing food. Beautiful ambiance. Highly recommend!
My husband and I got married at Nellcote in November and it was absolutely amazing! We highly recommend this venue and would encourage you to check it out along with their sister restaurant RM Champagne.Sent on 12/31/2018
Our guests raved about the food and service. The ambiance is stunning with chandeliers, a beautiful wood bar, and a balcony for your head table. We hosted both our ceremony and reception at Nellcote along with a cocktail hour over at RM Champagne. There is a nice spot for a DJ stand and photo booth. Late night tacos were a hit as well.
Our final guest count was around 140, which fit nicely into the space along with a dance floor. If you are considering 150-170 guests, do discuss details with Nellcote before signing a contract. Their brochure says the restaurant can accommodate up to 170 but doing so means making certain layout compromises.
A few more details you might find useful:
- Nellcote was accommodating for our vegan and gluten-free guests.
- There is a nice patio out back for family photos.
- Nellcote charges per slice to cut a cake so we opted against. Instead we had pies delivered for a late night snack option. Their desserts are delicious but on the smaller side.
- They only allow one “type” of outside food, so you couldn’t order cupcakes and pie, for example.
- Nellcote does not have tablecloths so you will need to rent them.
- We rented chiavari chairs to fit our guests for the ceremony because Nellcote’s chairs are wide. In the end, I’m glad we did despite the cost. They were beautiful.
- The valet is outsourced from a third party vendor and cost $16 for four hours, so our guests had to pay $32. Something we didn’t think about early on. Just keep it in mind.
- Personal tip: we provided a basket of flip flops in the women’s restroom and my friends were in love!
Here are some details regarding cocktail hour in RM Champagne:
- There is a beautiful fireplace that was lit when our party started. So romantic.
- There is a beautiful porch if the weather is warm enough.
- The booze was flowing! Great service.
- When we booked, we didn’t realize they try to keep the headcount to 120 if outdoor use is unavailable. That said, we felt our 140 fit fine. Maybe a little tight but no one complained. Also, a few people spilled out onto the porch for fresh air.
- Personal tip: we provided shawls for our guests if they wanted to step out onto the porch and they did get used.
Ultimately, Nellcote is a great option for your wedding if the guest count aligns! It is in a fantastic location close to multiple hotels and downtown. Plus, it’s more unique than the typical lofts and hotels. It’s also a great option if planning a short engagement like we did. Since they don’t host weddings every weekend, they have more availability than more typical venues.
Photographs by Emma Mullins (http://emullinsphoto.com/)