MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service

Pittsfield, MA View map
2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,650 Most Popular Price

MusiChris DJ & Lighting Service is an award-winning mobile disc jockey and special event lighting company owned and operated by DJ Chris Plankey. Based in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Chris has over 20 years of professional experience entertaining Berkshire County, and specializes in weddings, corporate events, and private parties. That's not 20 years playing in bars and clubs, or starring on morning radio shows, it's being perched on the edge of dance floors at weddings, weekend after weekend, perfecting the skill of choosing the right music for the right moment and making people DANCE!

I have helped scores of couples make their wedding day dreams a reality. With services tailored to your desires, you too can have the entertainment you've dreamt of for your wedding. And by selecting just the services that are right for you and your special day, you can get exactly what you want while staying within your budget. My services are a-la-carte and all of the pricing is upfront right on my website.

Find out for yourself why my company is among the most-referred in the Berkshires. All of the best venues in the area refer my company including:

• Miraval Resort
  • Mass MoCA
  • Stationery Factory
  • Bloom Meadows
  • 250 Longpond
  • plus many of the area's leading wedding professionals!

If you've even made it this far...You're reading descriptions that pretty much all sound the same. The emphasis here is not on WHAT I do but HOW I do it...how it LOOKS and SOUNDS. That's what matters, and it's what separates the experienced guys from the rest. Find out right now if your date is available. That's where we start. If it is, then we'll see if we're a good fit. I can't wait to hear your vision for the biggest day of your life!

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1950

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2650

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$199

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Electronic
Hip Hop
Oldies
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day
Video Projection

What additional equipment do you offer?

Flat Screen
Projector
Uplighting

Kelleigh L. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Chris is IT!

If you are looking for a DJ where you get bang for your buck, then look no further. When I first sat down with Chris I was impressed by how organized and well informed he is when it comes to weddings. Once we left our first meeting I knew deep in my heart I would be in great hands if I hired him. His packet of questions to know actually helped me with my planning process. He asked me questions that made me realize that even me, the over thinker, completely missed a few things (I opted out of hiring a wedding planner). What I loved most about Chris is that anytime I had a question he was right there and quick to respond. He was always reassuring and is a man with a plan. When navigating through COVID, Chris never made me feel pressured to make a decision on what to do, rather, he listened and gave me his best advice he had and left the ball in my court. The reason why I hired Chris is because I knew he wasn't going to be a DJ that just showed up and played music. He was going to be someone I could lean on to help make this day successful. He truly takes interest in your entire day - afterall he is the Master of Ceremonies. If you are looking for a DJ that truly cares about what you want for your day, then look no further- SERIOUSLY!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you, Kelleigh, for your thoughtful review. I know other couples will find it insightful and I really appreciate the time you took to leave it. Stay safe and take good care of each other.
  • Fernanda
    Fernanda E. Married on 09/20/2021

dreamy lightning

Chris was a find! he made possible our dreamlike wedding. Besides his quick responsiveness, his amazing attitude and excellent professionalism Chris was open to our ideas. Working with him was an honor. He gave us 100% individual attention. I strongly recommend hiring him if you want specialized attention and an amazing delivery at your wedding.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Fernanda. Yours was the first time I lit a naked tent and I am so pleased with the results! A plan like ours really has to wait until we're certain the weather will cooperate but you were blessed with beautiful weather and the tent lighting worked out just like you had hoped it would. I couldn't be happier myself. Thank you.
    Jennifer D. Married on 09/19/2021

Chris is fabulous!

Well, I will just add ANOTHER 5 star review for this guy!
    He was the Master of Ceremonies for our Wedding Day & did our tent lighting. Both were amazing!

Chris was on point in all the ways.
    -he was HIGHLY recommended.
    -he literally thinks of EVERYTHING.
    -he was prompt with his calls, emails and replies.
    -he was incredibly organized and very thorough, but flexible and helped us create our own special day.
    -his fees are on point and well worth it for the level of professionalism.

I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed when you hire Chris.
    Thank you again Chris!
    Jennifer & Allan

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey you two! Thank you both. It was so great getting to know you both and you gave an amazing property. Take good care of each other!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

TTS PhotoBooths TTS PhotoBooths Wedding Photographers

We have worked with Chris several times now. We have recommended him to friends and family if anyone is looking for a DJ! He is energetic, fun and knows how to get the crowd up and moving. You won't be disappointed by Chris. Give him a shout if your in need of a DJ. I know we will! Rob TTS Photo Booths TTS Photography

Crissey Farm Crissey Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

We were fortunate to have Chris at our facility two weekends in a row. He provided spectacular uplighting that transformed our venue beautifully. Chris was professional, organized and easy to work with. His clients were thrilled with his service and so were we!

81 Wood Avenue Pittsfield, MA, 01201

Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
Location of (MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service)

Other vendors in Springfield for your wedding