MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service Reviews

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 3
  • Lauren

Lauren Galipeau · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Awesome DJ

We had a great experience with Chris as our DJ. His planning helped us throughout the day. It started with the ceremony music/vows mic, led to grand entrances, dancing, and even the cake cutting and bouquet toss. His questionnaire for planning let us customize so much about the wedding that I hadn't even thought about before, leading us to pick songs for the aforementioned events. Our guests were on the dance floor from the first song to the last and there was never a dull moment. He even played some of our guest song requests that we took note of from their RSVPs. I highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ.

Sent on 05/24/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lauren. You brought me an awesome crowd who really kept the dance floor full and knew how to have a good time!
  • John

John Locke · Married on 08/03/2019

DJ MusiChris- The Best There Is

I don't write reviews; it's just not something I typically do. However, I would be remiss if I didn't recognize Chris as what I can only describe as the finest DJ in Western Mass, (and beyond), bar none. My wife and I had been to weddings before ours and knew the things that we had wanted out of a DJ. We came to Chris with high expectations, and Chris blew them away. Not only did we get an immensely talented DJ, but we also got a true Master of Ceremonies- one who drove the reception and earned rave reviews from our guests. Chris is a true professional in every sense of the word, and in hindsight was the most important component of a successful wedding. If you want the best, go with Chris. - John and Holly

Sent on 08/21/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

John, thank you for this most-flattering review. You two were open-minded to incorporating some of the unique, fun things I offer and I'm glad you found them worthwhile additions. I love my work, and couples like you and the experience we shared together are the number one reason why.

Angie · Married on 07/27/2019

Highly reommended

If you want someone who will make it stress free - DJ Chris is without a doubt the man for the job!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Haley Haddad · Married on 06/22/2019

HIGHLY Recommend! DJ Chris is the BEST!

DJ Chris was wonderful to work with and made sure our wedding ran perfectly. Chris is kind, talented, knowledgeable and a true professional. Our wedding day required movement of 250 guests from location to location on the property of the venue for the ceremony, cocktails, dinner and then dancing. Chris coordinated and executed this movement flawlessly. Chris made sure that our day ran as smoothly as it possibly could have and kept our guests dancing and enjoying until the very end! We can't thank Chris enough for making our wedding day so perfect.

Sent on 07/10/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Haley, yours was a fun one for sure, with a big 'ole crowd--the best kind! It was a really beautiful experience for me from start to finish.

Michele Burmer · Married on 06/16/2019

Dont use any other DJ/MC.

Chris is TOP NOTCH!!! His professionalism is second to NONE. The constant contact with us leading up to the wedding day was superb. As the mother of the bride I was panicking on many levels about many different things and he put my mind at ease relating to what I was uneasy about!! Everyone there raved about his services. If you hire Chris, you will NOT be sorry !!! Your guests will book him right then and there for their DJ needs in the future. I've seen it happen. Don't miss out! He is the BOMB!

Sent on 06/20/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Michele! The pleasure was all mine. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
  • Jodi

Jodi Groper · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible!

I never would have imagined that a DJ/MC would have gone above and beyond in his services to the extent that Chris did for our wedding. Not only was he an amazing DJ and made it incredibly fun, exciting and entertaining to be there, but one of the most significant things he did was help facilitate the entire wedding. Making sure the flow of it was correct, ensuring people were where they needed to be, organizing the ceremony rehearsal (for which he didn't HAVE to do since we had live musicians, but did anyway since he provided the mics for it). He was extremely accommodating in meeting with us several times to go over questions, give us ideas, help us with music choices and go over other important details for our wedding. There are countless details that Chris brought to our attention that we would have likely never thought of had it not been for his expertise. His knowledge and skill in making sure the music was exactly what we wanted and ability to carry out all of the reception details was phenomenal. Chris created the entire schedule from start to finish of the whole wedding which was essential in understanding how things would go ahead of time. Oh!!! And our lighting!!! Chris provided bistro string lighting in the ballroom and on the outside deck and did a fabulous job!!! He was able to pick up on exactly the look I was going for and executed it perfectly. He kept everyone dancing, and even made it a point to include our different cultural traditions of the Hora and Dabke dances which everyone loved! To top it off, he facilitated our sparkler exit at the end of the night by organizing everyone and having it go smoothly. We loved having Chris be a part of our wedding and would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thank you Chris!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/01/2019

The best DJ we could've chosen!

We can’t say enough good words about Chris. Since the time we met with him, we told him our vision for our wedding day and he completely delivered. He set up for a beautiful outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour without any technical difficulties. The extra uplighting he provided completely upgraded the look of our room where we had dinner. He ran us through a “photo dash” from table to table which my guests loved and had a lot of fun with. He held a constant presence where he could hold attention and control the crowd without being overbearing. And most importantly, we had the best dance party! He stuck to our must play and do not play list to a tee, threw in some fun Latin music for my husband’s family and stayed for an additional hour to keep the party going. Thank you Chris for helping to make our day so perfect!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Shannon. You guys had great taste in music, a beautifully renovated venue, and brought me a great, fun crowd to work with. I couldn't be more pleased with how it all turned out!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Blown away by quality service

Chris is truly the best in the area. I knew from our first meeting that he was going to be professional, organized, and friendly to work with. Not only did he meet my expectations, but he blew them out of the water. I don't understand how he can be so attentive, timely, and devoted to each event he works when he is clearly a busy man, but he does it somehow. He produced our ceremony & reception timeline and I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I received it. You're probably planning a wedding if you're reading this, so you know how stressful those details can be. He will take your stress away. He even attended our rehearsal to make sure it ran smoothly. Not only this, but the lighting he provided for us was amazing and he kept the dancefloor packed until the last song. A master of his craft and the best in the Berkshires, hands down.

Sent on 06/05/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Wow Nicole, thanks for this awesome review. A master of my craft... I like that. I was really blown away reading this review!

Jillian · Married on 10/20/2018

Music and lighting

We worked with Chris for our October 2018 wedding. He was professional and organized from our first meeting. We later filled out a survey about our wedding details and music preferences. He helped us personalized our song choices and even made song edits for our first dances, as well as our monogram spotlight and uplighting to transform our event space. What was very apparent was how much Chris CARED about out wedding, he was quick to respond to emails, and helped us develop a detailed order of events for the actual event to keep everything running smoothly. We are so happy with our choice to work with Chris. Thank you!

Sent on 12/23/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Jillian. It was an honor to be such a central part of your wedding day. I enjoyed getting to know you and Roderick better and the time I shared with your families and closest friends. Have a happy New Year and enjoy your first of a lifetime of NYE kisses with your husband!

Melissa O’Neil · Married on 10/06/2018

Cheshire Rod and Gun Club

Absolutely beautiful work! So professional and easy to work with. Made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks for the review Melissa! I'm glad you found me and I was able to provide this service for you.

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is an amazing DJ! His lighting and decor also transformed my venue! From the beginning to end he was responsive, professional, and very organized. I will recommend him for any event !

Sent on 10/08/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks Andrea! I'm glad you're happy with the job I did and you couldn't be more right about the transformation your venue underwent. You made really great decisions about who and what to spend your money on and it made all the difference at your wedding! Brides with weddings booked at the Cheshire Rod and Gun Club are going gaga over the pictures appearing online from your wedding day!!!

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2018

Professional, efficient, quality job

We used Chris for the lighting for our wedding and could not have been happier. From the moment we contracted him, he was professional, helpful and efficient. He handled setting up a time to meet or coordinator at our venue to get an accurate quote for us all on his own, got us a quote right away, and set up the lights perfectly and better than I even envisioned. He followed through with everything we discussed and both us and the venue had no problems at all throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using him for your wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 4

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Tracy! I'm not only glad you're happy with the lighting design and installation, but with the overall process. Your review is much appreciated.

Joelle · Married on 09/22/2018

Chris was amazing!! He kept everything running smoothly and was a hit with my guests! Best DJ by far! I put my complete trust in him and met all my expectations!! Not only musically but his uplighting, monogram & chandliers on the dance floor just put an elegant touch on our night!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Joelle! Thank you for the trust and confidence you placed in me right from go. You added many of my most impressive reception enhancements and it really made a difference in that space!

Judi · Married on 09/14/2018

Chris is wonderful as a DJ. I don't know what I would have done without him . He is very organized, professional and he just did a great job.

Sent on 10/03/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Judi. It was a pleasure working for you on your wedding day!

Lynn · Married on 09/08/2018

Chris was the DJ at my daughters wedding, and he was awesome. Kept everything hopping. People of all ages were on the dance floor. A variety of music to appeal to everyone's tastes. Loved that thing he did with the photographers when the couple dashed from table to table for group shots. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/27/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lynn for dropping by to say so!

Donna · Married on 08/31/2018

5 stars are no way near enough stars to rate Chris! From the moment my husband and I met Chris, we knew he was the d.j. for our wedding. He had a face-to-face meeting at our choice of meeting places. He didn't sell himself like a commercial, he shook our hands and said,"Hi I'm Chris, what are you looking for in a d.j., and what can I do for you?"
    Chris kept in contact every step of the way through emails, and helped us plan our day. The night before our wedding, he came to our rehearsal and helped us with a walk through of the wedding, so everyone in our wedding party knew exactly what to expect on the wedding day. Thanks to this, he made our wedding go smoothly.
    At the reception, Chris took a mixed crowd aged 5-80, (who traveled from various states and where the bulk were from N.Y.C) and literally had them dancing their shoes off! Chris had a FANTASTIC playlist of songs, made sure to include OUR SONG CHOICES, and the dance floor was busy ALL NIGHT LONG!
    Trust me when I say, if you dont have a good d.j., your day can be a fail in the end. Chris is a GREAT d.j.!
    So, if you are looking for a d.j. that is PROFESSIONAL, ORGANIZED, COURTEOUS, HAS GREAT PRICES, and LISTENS TO WHAT YOU WANT, then Chris Plankey is your d.j.!!!!
    Donna & Jeff Filiault (married on 8/31/18).

Sent on 09/02/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Donna for taking the time to leave this review. It is so helpful, and so appreciated!

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2018

I had no idea how much thought and creative design went into even a "simple" string lighting setup for a tent, but Chris went above and beyond in designing something *beautiful* that fit needs I didn't even know we had, transparently keeping us up-to-date every step along the way, driving to our site ahead of time to check out the space and get a vision, arriving several days early to set it up and staying throughout the wedding to make sure everything went to plan and then take it down, all while being an incredibly prompt and polite vendor, and being at or below the rate of all the other lighting specialists we contacted. Our on-site coordinator also said that the lighting was incredible compared to others she'd seen. Cannot say enough positive things!! Thank you Chris!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you too Rebecca! Much appreciated.

Meghan · Married on 08/11/2018

From start to finish, Chris exceeded all expectations in helping create the perfect wedding. He came highly recommended and did not disappoint. We had our first meeting about 10 months before our wedding and continued to communicated through email and in person up until our wedding day. Chris took a chance with us at an up and coming venue that was new to all of us. Not only did he DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, he set up an enormous amount of pipe-and-drape to create more intimate spaces, he hung beautiful string lighting down our ceremony aisle, and he coordinated all vendors and kept us on track. His professionalism, attention to detail, and passion for what he does made for a smooth, stress-free wedding day and we can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 09/03/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Meghan for this review. Working for you both was an absolute pleasure. We worked through and planned out a lot of unknowns in a new venue. Consequently, you and Ramzy endured an unusually challenging decision-making process. But you consistently made great choices and I am very proud to have been a part of it all!

Victoria · Married on 06/30/2018

If you want a stress-free wedding day filled with great music, book MusiChris's services! Chris did a wonderful job not only on our wedding day but throughout the entire wedding planning process. He is very professional, honest, and a very talented DJ and MC. Our wedding day went soo smoothly thanks to Chris and it ended with all our guests dancing the night away!! To say it was perfect would be an understatement! Plus his lighting services were fantastic too! Thanks again, Chris, for your amazing service!! <3 Torie & Drew

Sent on 08/11/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Torie! Your wedding was stunningly beautiful and I am so proud to have been a part of it.

Katherine · Married on 01/18/2018

Chris helps you get started takes your worries away and has the mood/energy mastered at your event until the bitter end!!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2017

I must say very new to all this picking & choosing a DJ.I and my husband are very pleased to have picked Mr.Chris Plankey.We just had him DJ for our wedding October 27,2017
    By far he is the best!!
    We definitely know who to pick for future plans.
    “I definitely recommend having him.”
    Thank you very much again!☺️
    Mr.&Mrs.Zink

Sent on 11/02/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2017

By far he is the best!!
    We definitely know who to pick for future plans.
    Very funn!,Professional!,Must Important very Organized.He couldn’t be more perfect the price is well worth it.He will answer any questions in a prompt manner.
    “I definitely recommend having him.”
    Thank you very much again!☺️
    Mr.&Mrs.Zink

Sent on 11/02/2017
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 5

Kathryn · Married on 10/21/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would. Chris is not just a dj, but an event coordinator. He helped so much with so many aspects of the day, and gave us wonderful incite on aspects of the day we would have never known or thought about. Can’t recommend him enough!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I chose to have Chris do our wedding reception and we couldn't have asked for anyone better!! He exceeded our expectations and we couldn't be happier to have him for our dj,lighting,custom monogram & annoucements! Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 6
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough great words about Chris's DJ and lighting services! He made the process super easy, he was very accommodating with our music requests, and best of all - he was able to gauge the mood of the crowd during the wedding and play music accordingly. He made transitions between music and wedding activities seamless, the lighting was amazing, and his photo dash idea was a hit! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2017