MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service Reviews

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 3
  • Lauren

Lauren Galipeau · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Awesome DJ

We had a great experience with Chris as our DJ. His planning helped us throughout the day. It started with the ceremony music/vows mic, led to grand entrances, dancing, and even the cake cutting and bouquet toss. His questionnaire for planning let us customize so much about the wedding that I hadn't even thought about before, leading us to pick songs for the aforementioned events. Our guests were on the dance floor from the first song to the last and there was never a dull moment. He even played some of our guest song requests that we took note of from their RSVPs. I highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ.

Sent on 05/24/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lauren. You brought me an awesome crowd who really kept the dance floor full and knew how to have a good time!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Blown away by quality service

Chris is truly the best in the area. I knew from our first meeting that he was going to be professional, organized, and friendly to work with. Not only did he meet my expectations, but he blew them out of the water. I don't understand how he can be so attentive, timely, and devoted to each event he works when he is clearly a busy man, but he does it somehow. He produced our ceremony & reception timeline and I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I received it. You're probably planning a wedding if you're reading this, so you know how stressful those details can be. He will take your stress away. He even attended our rehearsal to make sure it ran smoothly. Not only this, but the lighting he provided for us was amazing and he kept the dancefloor packed until the last song. A master of his craft and the best in the Berkshires, hands down.

Sent on 06/05/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Wow Nicole, thanks for this awesome review. A master of my craft... I like that. I was really blown away reading this review!

Jillian · Married on 10/20/2018

Music and lighting

We worked with Chris for our October 2018 wedding. He was professional and organized from our first meeting. We later filled out a survey about our wedding details and music preferences. He helped us personalized our song choices and even made song edits for our first dances, as well as our monogram spotlight and uplighting to transform our event space. What was very apparent was how much Chris CARED about out wedding, he was quick to respond to emails, and helped us develop a detailed order of events for the actual event to keep everything running smoothly. We are so happy with our choice to work with Chris. Thank you!

Sent on 12/23/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Jillian. It was an honor to be such a central part of your wedding day. I enjoyed getting to know you and Roderick better and the time I shared with your families and closest friends. Have a happy New Year and enjoy your first of a lifetime of NYE kisses with your husband!

Melissa O’Neil · Married on 10/06/2018

Cheshire Rod and Gun Club

Absolutely beautiful work! So professional and easy to work with. Made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks for the review Melissa! I'm glad you found me and I was able to provide this service for you.

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is an amazing DJ! His lighting and decor also transformed my venue! From the beginning to end he was responsive, professional, and very organized. I will recommend him for any event !

Sent on 10/08/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks Andrea! I'm glad you're happy with the job I did and you couldn't be more right about the transformation your venue underwent. You made really great decisions about who and what to spend your money on and it made all the difference at your wedding! Brides with weddings booked at the Cheshire Rod and Gun Club are going gaga over the pictures appearing online from your wedding day!!!

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2018

Professional, efficient, quality job

We used Chris for the lighting for our wedding and could not have been happier. From the moment we contracted him, he was professional, helpful and efficient. He handled setting up a time to meet or coordinator at our venue to get an accurate quote for us all on his own, got us a quote right away, and set up the lights perfectly and better than I even envisioned. He followed through with everything we discussed and both us and the venue had no problems at all throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using him for your wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 4

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Tracy! I'm not only glad you're happy with the lighting design and installation, but with the overall process. Your review is much appreciated.

Joelle · Married on 09/22/2018

Chris was amazing!! He kept everything running smoothly and was a hit with my guests! Best DJ by far! I put my complete trust in him and met all my expectations!! Not only musically but his uplighting, monogram & chandliers on the dance floor just put an elegant touch on our night!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Joelle! Thank you for the trust and confidence you placed in me right from go. You added many of my most impressive reception enhancements and it really made a difference in that space!

Judi · Married on 09/14/2018

Chris is wonderful as a DJ. I don't know what I would have done without him . He is very organized, professional and he just did a great job.

Sent on 10/03/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Judi. It was a pleasure working for you on your wedding day!

Lynn · Married on 09/08/2018

Chris was the DJ at my daughters wedding, and he was awesome. Kept everything hopping. People of all ages were on the dance floor. A variety of music to appeal to everyone's tastes. Loved that thing he did with the photographers when the couple dashed from table to table for group shots. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/27/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lynn for dropping by to say so!

Donna · Married on 08/31/2018

5 stars are no way near enough stars to rate Chris! From the moment my husband and I met Chris, we knew he was the d.j. for our wedding. He had a face-to-face meeting at our choice of meeting places. He didn't sell himself like a commercial, he shook our hands and said,"Hi I'm Chris, what are you looking for in a d.j., and what can I do for you?"
    Chris kept in contact every step of the way through emails, and helped us plan our day. The night before our wedding, he came to our rehearsal and helped us with a walk through of the wedding, so everyone in our wedding party knew exactly what to expect on the wedding day. Thanks to this, he made our wedding go smoothly.
    At the reception, Chris took a mixed crowd aged 5-80, (who traveled from various states and where the bulk were from N.Y.C) and literally had them dancing their shoes off! Chris had a FANTASTIC playlist of songs, made sure to include OUR SONG CHOICES, and the dance floor was busy ALL NIGHT LONG!
    Trust me when I say, if you dont have a good d.j., your day can be a fail in the end. Chris is a GREAT d.j.!
    So, if you are looking for a d.j. that is PROFESSIONAL, ORGANIZED, COURTEOUS, HAS GREAT PRICES, and LISTENS TO WHAT YOU WANT, then Chris Plankey is your d.j.!!!!
    Donna & Jeff Filiault (married on 8/31/18).

Sent on 09/02/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Donna for taking the time to leave this review. It is so helpful, and so appreciated!

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2018

I had no idea how much thought and creative design went into even a "simple" string lighting setup for a tent, but Chris went above and beyond in designing something *beautiful* that fit needs I didn't even know we had, transparently keeping us up-to-date every step along the way, driving to our site ahead of time to check out the space and get a vision, arriving several days early to set it up and staying throughout the wedding to make sure everything went to plan and then take it down, all while being an incredibly prompt and polite vendor, and being at or below the rate of all the other lighting specialists we contacted. Our on-site coordinator also said that the lighting was incredible compared to others she'd seen. Cannot say enough positive things!! Thank you Chris!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you too Rebecca! Much appreciated.

Meghan · Married on 08/11/2018

From start to finish, Chris exceeded all expectations in helping create the perfect wedding. He came highly recommended and did not disappoint. We had our first meeting about 10 months before our wedding and continued to communicated through email and in person up until our wedding day. Chris took a chance with us at an up and coming venue that was new to all of us. Not only did he DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, he set up an enormous amount of pipe-and-drape to create more intimate spaces, he hung beautiful string lighting down our ceremony aisle, and he coordinated all vendors and kept us on track. His professionalism, attention to detail, and passion for what he does made for a smooth, stress-free wedding day and we can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 09/03/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Meghan for this review. Working for you both was an absolute pleasure. We worked through and planned out a lot of unknowns in a new venue. Consequently, you and Ramzy endured an unusually challenging decision-making process. But you consistently made great choices and I am very proud to have been a part of it all!

Victoria · Married on 06/30/2018

If you want a stress-free wedding day filled with great music, book MusiChris's services! Chris did a wonderful job not only on our wedding day but throughout the entire wedding planning process. He is very professional, honest, and a very talented DJ and MC. Our wedding day went soo smoothly thanks to Chris and it ended with all our guests dancing the night away!! To say it was perfect would be an understatement! Plus his lighting services were fantastic too! Thanks again, Chris, for your amazing service!! <3 Torie & Drew

Sent on 08/11/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Torie! Your wedding was stunningly beautiful and I am so proud to have been a part of it.

Katherine · Married on 01/18/2018

Chris helps you get started takes your worries away and has the mood/energy mastered at your event until the bitter end!!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2017

I must say very new to all this picking & choosing a DJ.I and my husband are very pleased to have picked Mr.Chris Plankey.We just had him DJ for our wedding October 27,2017
    By far he is the best!!
    We definitely know who to pick for future plans.
    “I definitely recommend having him.”
    Thank you very much again!☺️
    Mr.&Mrs.Zink

Sent on 11/02/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2017

By far he is the best!!
    We definitely know who to pick for future plans.
    Very funn!,Professional!,Must Important very Organized.He couldn’t be more perfect the price is well worth it.He will answer any questions in a prompt manner.
    “I definitely recommend having him.”
    Thank you very much again!☺️
    Mr.&Mrs.Zink

Sent on 11/02/2017
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 5

Kathryn · Married on 10/21/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would. Chris is not just a dj, but an event coordinator. He helped so much with so many aspects of the day, and gave us wonderful incite on aspects of the day we would have never known or thought about. Can’t recommend him enough!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I chose to have Chris do our wedding reception and we couldn't have asked for anyone better!! He exceeded our expectations and we couldn't be happier to have him for our dj,lighting,custom monogram & annoucements! Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service 6
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough great words about Chris's DJ and lighting services! He made the process super easy, he was very accommodating with our music requests, and best of all - he was able to gauge the mood of the crowd during the wedding and play music accordingly. He made transitions between music and wedding activities seamless, the lighting was amazing, and his photo dash idea was a hit! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

Chris was an amazing DJ and MC. He is dedicated to providing the highest level of service and is extremely organized and competent. He decreased our stress level about organizing this event and helped us materialize all the things we wanted. He was beyond helpful in every way. I wish I could hire him for my life! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Amy · Married on 09/02/2017

Chris did an amazing job with his DJ services for our wedding. He went above and beyond our expectations. He made our wedding absolutely perfect. He helped us to incorporate Lebanese music along with some of our favorites to make for an outstanding dance party at our wedding reception. Chris was very attentive to all of our needs to personalize our celebration. We HIGHLY recommend Chris for your special occasion! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Steven · Married on 08/26/2017

My spouse and I found Chris's services online 6 months before our wedding date, and we are so glad that we found him! Initially in our search process, we had obtained quotes from several vendors including Chris. Other vendors quoted more than double of what Chris quoted... while they all had the same exact reviews online. We decided to meet Chris, and that was when we made up our minds to go with him. He is professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable about interior lighting & spatial acoustics. In the time leading up to the wedding date, he took the time to get to know the type of event we wanted by having us do a survey, which was immensely helpful in informing him on what tone we wanted to set for our event. He was also very accommodating as to our availability to do walk-throughs of the reception space; we met a total of 3 times before the event itself (the third time we caught him setting up lighting and sound well in advance of the evening).

All in all, music was fantastic... as per comments from every demographic in attendance. Lighting was phenomenal; his suggestion to uplight exposed stone walls really elevated the whole space! If you are deciding between Chris and another company, go with Chris; what a pro!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/19/2017

Wow! Can't say enough about how wonderful Chris is.... First off, he is much much more than a DJ. He truley is a master of ceremonies! From our first contact I was impressed with Chris's organization and personality. He comes prepared and if your not , you will be. Things you wouldn't even think of Chris covers and helps you smoothly organize every important detail of how your ceremony and reception will flow. Chris is easy and fun to talk with and one heck of a DJ. All my guest where so impressed with him. I had people asking me for a week after "where did I find this guy"... he played great music for the whole crowd and got everyone dancing. He kept in contact with us and my caterer to be sure we where prepared for all that came that night. Chris Is professional, fun, kind, and organized. Which is so important for such a big day! We are 100% satisfied with the services we received. I interviewed several Djs before deciding on Chris. I am so glad we went with him and I truley suggest using him for your big day or any other occasion. A big thank you to Chris ! We are beyond grateful

Sent on 09/13/2017

Casey · Married on 08/12/2017

We worked with Chris for our wedding and honestly we could not have made a better choice. Chris went well above and beyond what we expected from a DJ by helping to plan the logistics of our ceremony. He had us won over before he even played a song! In the planning process, Chris brought up things that I never would have thought to plan out, which made all the difference for our day to go smoothly. He sent us a very detailed worksheet to plan out our ceremony step by step, came to our rehearsal and did a walk through with the entire wedding party and provided us with an itinerary that we could send to the rest of our vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. Chris also provided lighting services for us which made the reception tent look great and very elegant. Once the dancing portion of the night started, Chris continued to wow us. From the first song to the last, the party did not stop. He did a great job of playing newer, more popular songs to keep me happy, while mixing in a few older, classic songs that got the older crowd dancing as well. Throughout the whole process, he was so professional and easy to work with. Chris was happy to do what we wanted to make sure our day was exactly how we pictured it, but at the same time was a great source of advice when we were unsure about something. Looking back on our wedding, picking Chris as our DJ was the best decision we made. If he is available for your wedding, book him while you can!!!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Sam · Married on 08/05/2017

Chris did an amazing job at our wedding! It's great to have a professional and approachable DJ who understands your taste of music and the crowd's. He was able to adapt to a change in ceremony location last second due to weather changes without any problems. We would absolutely hire him again. Go Chris!

Sent on 08/14/2017