MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Kelleigh L. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Chris is IT!

If you are looking for a DJ where you get bang for your buck, then look no further. When I first sat down with Chris I was impressed by how organized and well informed he is when it comes to weddings. Once we left our first meeting I knew deep in my heart I would be in great hands if I hired him. His packet of questions to know actually helped me with my planning process. He asked me questions that made me realize that even me, the over thinker, completely missed a few things (I opted out of hiring a wedding planner). What I loved most about Chris is that anytime I had a question he was right there and quick to respond. He was always reassuring and is a man with a plan. When navigating through COVID, Chris never made me feel pressured to make a decision on what to do, rather, he listened and gave me his best advice he had and left the ball in my court. The reason why I hired Chris is because I knew he wasn't going to be a DJ that just showed up and played music. He was going to be someone I could lean on to help make this day successful. He truly takes interest in your entire day - afterall he is the Master of Ceremonies. If you are looking for a DJ that truly cares about what you want for your day, then look no further- SERIOUSLY!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you, Kelleigh, for your thoughtful review. I know other couples will find it insightful and I really appreciate the time you took to leave it. Stay safe and take good care of each other.
    Angela A. Married on 10/23/2021

The best of the best!

He is the absolute best! We had so many comments about how great of a DJ he was! Totally awesome to work with and is so organizedand accomodating! Go with Chris for your wedding DJ! You won't be disappointed!
    Emily W. Married on 10/16/2021

My experience was perfect!!!!

I would recommend MusiChris Dj to anyone! everything about my day was perfect! and i appreciated everything Chris did to help me for my day!
    Catherine R. Married on 10/02/2021

Curtains and lighting for a wedding

Chris was great to work with and made everything so easy! Would definitely recommend.
    Michael C. Married on 10/02/2021

Highly recommend Chris for Wedding DJ, MC, and Lights

Chris acted as our DJ, MC, and did all of the lights (indoors and outdoors under our tent) at our October wedding in Great Barrington, MA. Chris is a professional through and through. Extremely detail oriented, organized, responsive, and respectful. He works hard to understand the couple, learn about their wants and needs, and make sure the family/guests are happy and having fun. He also was excellent during the rehearsal dinner/during the wedding day in terms of keeping our guests to our plan, and did it in a thoughtful, respectful way. The lights he did looked fantastic, and he was very flexible in terms of when he would come and install them (even when the tent company was a bit behind schedule and Chris had to install the lights under the tent in the dark). He does an excellent job learning about the couple's music tastes, but also helping guide them toward a playlist for cocktail hour and reception that makes sense and will keep the party going. Can't recommend him enough.
  • Vicky
    Vicky N. Married on 10/01/2021

AMAZING DJ- Professional and Fun!

DJ Chris was above and beyond what we were hoping for for our wedding entertainment! He was so prepared for all of the details to make the day go smoothly. From the first meeting throughout the planning and on the day of our wedding, Chris was professional, up front with expectations and cost, super fun, and incredible with outlining the entire day's events including options for games and ideas for the reception! We are so grateful to have had DJ Chris be our DJ, he was a huge part in making our special day memorable and fun! We will (and have been already) recommending him for future weddings/ events!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn O. Married on 09/25/2021

Better than we hoped for!

I had gotten Chris's name from two of my cousins who hired him for their wedding, and they had nothing but amazing things to say! Wedding planning is definitely stressful, but Chris made it fun and exciting with all the different ideas he brings to the table. The night went even better than we hoped for, and he took a big part in that! Thank you Chris!
  • Fernanda
    Fernanda E. Married on 09/20/2021

dreamy lightning

Chris was a find! he made possible our dreamlike wedding. Besides his quick responsiveness, his amazing attitude and excellent professionalism Chris was open to our ideas. Working with him was an honor. He gave us 100% individual attention. I strongly recommend hiring him if you want specialized attention and an amazing delivery at your wedding.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Fernanda. Yours was the first time I lit a naked tent and I am so pleased with the results! A plan like ours really has to wait until we're certain the weather will cooperate but you were blessed with beautiful weather and the tent lighting worked out just like you had hoped it would. I couldn't be happier myself. Thank you.
    Jennifer D. Married on 09/19/2021

Chris is fabulous!

Well, I will just add ANOTHER 5 star review for this guy!
    He was the Master of Ceremonies for our Wedding Day & did our tent lighting. Both were amazing!

Chris was on point in all the ways.
    -he was HIGHLY recommended.
    -he literally thinks of EVERYTHING.
    -he was prompt with his calls, emails and replies.
    -he was incredibly organized and very thorough, but flexible and helped us create our own special day.
    -his fees are on point and well worth it for the level of professionalism.

I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed when you hire Chris.
    Thank you again Chris!
    Jennifer & Allan

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey you two! Thank you both. It was so great getting to know you both and you gave an amazing property. Take good care of each other!
  • Brandon
    Brandon M. Married on 09/18/2021

Outstanding, prepared, and professional

Chris gave us the experience of a lifetime. Was on top of everything when it came to scheduling as well as what we wanted that day. The lighting that Chris provided was elegant and made for an incredible visual experience at the reception. He is very charismatic and knows how to play to his crowd. Would recommend a Chris to anyone getting married 10 times over.
  • Christine
    Christine C. Married on 09/10/2021

Blown away

Chris provided us with lighting over the dance floor and sheer curtains with twinkle lights behind the sweetheart table. His work was fabulous! Chris was so easy to work with and the end result blew us away . Can’t say enough how wonderful the room
    Looked . He is able to totally transform any space to your desire

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Christine. I am so happy you and Lauren contacted me and I too am very happy with how everything came out!
    Christine M. Married on 08/28/2021

Great experience as a DJ and lighting service

My fiancée and I worked with Chris for a short time to plan our wedding for 8/2021. Chris was detail oriented, friendly and very responsive. We signed a contract and planned to use him for both DJ and lighting services. Unfortunately, the pandemic caused us to look at our future plans, and we ultimately decided to cancel the type of wedding we planned and go with a “just immediate family” event. When I emailed Chris I knew he would understand, and he absolutely did. He also offered a partial refund from our “non-refundable” deposit, something he did not have to do and was completely unexpected. If you’re looking for an honest, detail oriented person who is caring only for what you’re looking for, look no further, because Chris is your guy.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you so much Christine. I wish you both the very best. Stay safe and take good care of each other.
    Alice Married on 08/28/2021

Amazing experience from start through our wedding day w great music and beautiful lighting!

We had an amazing experience with Chris! He was extremely professional and great to work with. I was planning my own wedding and he was also very helpful with advice and info that had obviously come from many years of experience, so I knew I could trust him. He also came on Friday and was a huge help with rehearsal, and had everything in the tent setup ahead of time so I never stressed about his work getting done. We are also immensely appreciative of how much effort he put into making our day exactly what we wanted. I have epilepsy and am sensitive to LED lighting, so Chris offered to change each bulb to accommodate that so we could still have the gorgeous perimeter and overhead lighting we were looking for! We also still have guests saying how much they enjoyed his music, as we did! Chris was truly a pleasure to work with, and highly recommend!
    Felyce S. Married on 08/21/2021

Friendly, helpful

Chris helped make sure the day of the wedding went smoothly. Some guest disregarded the seating chart causing people not to be able to sit where they were supposed to and Chris stepped in and politely made an announcement so that the bride and groom did not have to worry about anything.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm glad you are happy with how are time together went. Who would've thought you'd have folks ignore the seating chart? People are funny!
  • Sollie
    Sollie H. Married on 08/08/2021

Amazing DJ and MC

Chris did an amazing job as our wedding DJ! We could not have done it without him. Our wedding was fully DIY with no wedding planner and Chris made sure everything went smoothly and helped with the scheduling and many of the small details we didn't think of. He is very detail oriented, punctual, flexible and puts on a great dance party. If we had another wedding would definitely use again!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Sollie. Your celebration was a long time in the making and I'm glad everything turned out so well. You did a great job putting the whole thing together. Maybe executing fun weddings for others is in your future?!
    Amy S. Married on 08/07/2021

Helpful and Responsive!

Chris was amazing for our wedding in August! From the start, he was super responsive, always responded quickly by either phone call or email. He was extremely thorough with multiple worksheets to fill out to help you get organized. I am not a planner by nature and was feeling a little lost through the wedding process. The forms Chris provided laid out all of your options, the order that you want everything, which songs for the Ceremony, Dinner, Dancing, etc as well as lighting and drapery options. We had multiple conversations to go over everything in the few months prior to the event.

At the rehearsal and wedding, he acted as a coordinator. He worked with the officiant to get everyone in place and made sure we knew what we were doing and when throughout the day. He worked with our photographer for a “photo dash” before dinner so we were sure to get some pictures with every table. The music was great and everyone was dancing all night!

The lights, fabric drapery and music was all amazing. We had a great day and couldn’t have done it as smoothly without DJ Chris!
    Annabel P. Married on 07/24/2021

10000/10 Best DJ Ever

DJ Chris came highly recommended and even so, still blew us away. He really ran the show for us the entire afternoon and evening from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and the reception. He was incredibly profession and fun to work with. When it came time to dance he packed the floor song 1 and the dance floor only grew over the course of the evening. He is masterful at reading a crowd and playing the right songs to keep the dance floor full all night. DJ Chris also had great ideas for how to make calling our buffet more fun and was more than accommodating for all our different song requests.
    Caryn B. Married on 07/03/2021

Absolutely perfect!

We would recommend Chris to anyone having a wedding or event!!! He went above and beyond and was always reassuring. I had so many complements from our guests about our dj. Chris was like having a personal wedding coordinator on hand!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Caryn and Eddie. I was so glad the weather held out for us when it really mattered most. My very best to you both!
    Andrew A. Married on 06/26/2021

Berkshire’s Best for a reason!

MusiChris was an integral part of our of wedding. His capabilities and expertise allowed for a seamless night. Incredibly organized and helpful with wedding planning throughout the pandemic. Our guests are still talking about how great the DJ was. Would and have recommended to others, MusiChris is the real deal!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Andrew. Planning through the pandemic added an element of stress no one should ever endure, but you both held your heads high and were a joy to work with. I wish you and Katie both the very best!
  • Julia
    Julia A. Married on 06/19/2021

AMAZING! Flexible to what you need!

Chris was amazing!! We filled out a sheet with our song preferences / tastes and he killed it!! Our guests are still talking about it!! 10/10 recommend !!!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks Julia! We sure had fun didn't we?! I'm so glad your caterer put you in touch with me. Mezze always puts on a fine event and they are great at matching clients with vendors. You and your crowd ended up being a great fit for my DJ style!
  • Rachel
    Rachel G. Married on 06/12/2021

Chris is amazing!

We literally cannot say enough good things about Chris Plankey. I initially hired him because of the detailed set up description he had on his website for our specific venue. He knew already how many speakers, best set up, how to make sure it looked good in photos, etc. From the first call we had such a good feeling. Chris is so detailed oriented. He helps set the entire schedule to make sure the day runs smoothly and even contacts other vendors so that everyone is on the same page. He makes sure that he only plays music you want to hear and knows exactly how to keep the dance floor flowing all night. Many people told us the music was the best they ever heard at any wedding. We didn’t even want to leave the dance floor to cut the cake! You cannot go wrong hiring Chris, you can tell he is so passionate about his job and will do the absolute best for you.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Rachel for the detailed review. This information is especially important for couples using venues where we move guests from place to place to place like we did at your Bloom Meadows wedding. As you learned, I've graduated to just the right gear for places like that. I'm so happy to have "cut the cords" on all my outdoor set ups. No more wires on the ground, and no need for electricity makes a huge difference with being able to put speakers where they SHOULD be rather than where they CAN be.
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey M. Married on 06/05/2021

The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

Wow, what can we say that hasn’t been said before about Chris. With everything my wife and I had going on during all of the planning leading up to the wedding, Chris was a true leader among everyone. He was extremely professional, always organized and on top of every detail, and helped us with decisions that we both loved in the end. Chris went out of his way during our rehearsal, and graciously helped direct and make suggestions when needed…and it was needed! He was prompt, had amazing ideas that were used during the reception, answered all of our questions (which we had a ton of, lol) and played a great selection of music throughout the day and night. If you’re looking for a true professional, a great person, and someone who’s going to make the day/night go as smooth as possible, hire this man! You’re hiring more than just a great DJ!
    Jeff and Lauren.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

The man, the myth, the legend?! C'mon now, you're making me blush! I really appreciate this thoughtful review, Jeff. I know others will find it helpful. I was happy to be able to attend your rehearsal and I'm glad you found my presence there useful.
  • Kristen
    Kristen T. Married on 05/22/2021

DJ Chris Plankey goes above and beyond!!

When choosing a DJ we knew we wanted someone who would bring life to our wedding that was fun, professional, reliable, experienced and personable. We got all that and so much more with Chris. He is extremely organized and detail oriented making sure that everything on our big day ran smoothly start to finish. He had so many great ideas that made our wedding day different and unique and all of our guests loved him. Not only is he an exceptional DJ and Master of Ceremonies, but the lighting service he offers is incredible. The lighting really gave our wedding that wow factor! From the uplighting to the pin spot lighting and personalized animated monogram we couldn't of been happier with the way our venue was transformed. You will not regret hiring DJ Chris. He was such a key vendor on our wedding day, we're so happy we hired him and we absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for the best DJ!!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

This is so great of you both. Thank you so much for the time you took to leave this thoughtful review. I know it will help me and those who take the time to read these before deciding who they'd like to consider interviewing. As fellow wedding vendors, I'm especially honored you chose me!
    Sara B. Married on 04/09/2021

Dj chris was amazing!

We had the best experience working with DJ Chris! His response to detail, attention and flow was spot on. We had an extremely big wedding party and DJ Chris did awesome working with everyone to keep everyone moving from one thing to another. He had the entire crowd dancing all night and wishing they could have stayed for more! He made sure that everything we asked for was done and was so great at keeping us up to date with everything throughout the night. We would highly recommend DJ Chris to everyone and anyone looking for a event DJ

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Sara! The size of your massive wedding party (13+13) is among the largest I've worked with and is one of the things I'll remember most about your wedding day. But surprisingly, they required no "wrangling." I'm grateful they took their parts seriously when it mattered the most. Not a single person was MIA when we lined up for the ceremony then again for grand introductions (counting you and your parents, that's over 30 of you, and with a group that large I expect someone to be missing)! Add to that a different song for all 13 of your couples--and it was a line up for no faint-of-heart MC. It was awesome!
  • Brian
    Brian S. Married on 02/10/2021

Wedding MC

Chris was professional and extremely detailed in helping us plan our wedding reception. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and did an excellent job at MC-ing our reception. He helped us with the timeline of the entire wedding. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a MC for a wedding or any other event.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Brian, your wedding was a blast, and your brother is a complete riot! Thanks for him or you two would've never met. Unbelievable!