MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Kelleigh L. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Chris is IT!

If you are looking for a DJ where you get bang for your buck, then look no further. When I first sat down with Chris I was impressed by how organized and well informed he is when it comes to weddings. Once we left our first meeting I knew deep in my heart I would be in great hands if I hired him. His packet of questions to know actually helped me with my planning process. He asked me questions that made me realize that even me, the over thinker, completely missed a few things (I opted out of hiring a wedding planner). What I loved most about Chris is that anytime I had a question he was right there and quick to respond. He was always reassuring and is a man with a plan. When navigating through COVID, Chris never made me feel pressured to make a decision on what to do, rather, he listened and gave me his best advice he had and left the ball in my court. The reason why I hired Chris is because I knew he wasn't going to be a DJ that just showed up and played music. He was going to be someone I could lean on to help make this day successful. He truly takes interest in your entire day - afterall he is the Master of Ceremonies. If you are looking for a DJ that truly cares about what you want for your day, then look no further- SERIOUSLY!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you, Kelleigh, for your thoughtful review. I know other couples will find it insightful and I really appreciate the time you took to leave it. Stay safe and take good care of each other.
  • Fernanda
    Fernanda E. Married on 09/20/2021

dreamy lightning

Chris was a find! he made possible our dreamlike wedding. Besides his quick responsiveness, his amazing attitude and excellent professionalism Chris was open to our ideas. Working with him was an honor. He gave us 100% individual attention. I strongly recommend hiring him if you want specialized attention and an amazing delivery at your wedding.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Fernanda. Yours was the first time I lit a naked tent and I am so pleased with the results! A plan like ours really has to wait until we're certain the weather will cooperate but you were blessed with beautiful weather and the tent lighting worked out just like you had hoped it would. I couldn't be happier myself. Thank you.
    Jennifer D. Married on 09/19/2021

Chris is fabulous!

Well, I will just add ANOTHER 5 star review for this guy!
    He was the Master of Ceremonies for our Wedding Day & did our tent lighting. Both were amazing!

Chris was on point in all the ways.
    -he was HIGHLY recommended.
    -he literally thinks of EVERYTHING.
    -he was prompt with his calls, emails and replies.
    -he was incredibly organized and very thorough, but flexible and helped us create our own special day.
    -his fees are on point and well worth it for the level of professionalism.

I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed when you hire Chris.
    Thank you again Chris!
    Jennifer & Allan

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey you two! Thank you both. It was so great getting to know you both and you gave an amazing property. Take good care of each other!
  • Christine
    Christine C. Married on 09/10/2021

Blown away

Chris provided us with lighting over the dance floor and sheer curtains with twinkle lights behind the sweetheart table. His work was fabulous! Chris was so easy to work with and the end result blew us away . Can’t say enough how wonderful the room
    Looked . He is able to totally transform any space to your desire

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Christine. I am so happy you and Lauren contacted me and I too am very happy with how everything came out!
    Christine M. Married on 08/28/2021

Great experience as a DJ and lighting service

My fiancée and I worked with Chris for a short time to plan our wedding for 8/2021. Chris was detail oriented, friendly and very responsive. We signed a contract and planned to use him for both DJ and lighting services. Unfortunately, the pandemic caused us to look at our future plans, and we ultimately decided to cancel the type of wedding we planned and go with a “just immediate family” event. When I emailed Chris I knew he would understand, and he absolutely did. He also offered a partial refund from our “non-refundable” deposit, something he did not have to do and was completely unexpected. If you’re looking for an honest, detail oriented person who is caring only for what you’re looking for, look no further, because Chris is your guy.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you so much Christine. I wish you both the very best. Stay safe and take good care of each other.
    Felyce S. Married on 08/21/2021

Friendly, helpful

Chris helped make sure the day of the wedding went smoothly. Some guest disregarded the seating chart causing people not to be able to sit where they were supposed to and Chris stepped in and politely made an announcement so that the bride and groom did not have to worry about anything.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm glad you are happy with how are time together went. Who would've thought you'd have folks ignore the seating chart? People are funny!
  • Sollie
    Sollie H. Married on 08/08/2021

Amazing DJ and MC

Chris did an amazing job as our wedding DJ! We could not have done it without him. Our wedding was fully DIY with no wedding planner and Chris made sure everything went smoothly and helped with the scheduling and many of the small details we didn't think of. He is very detail oriented, punctual, flexible and puts on a great dance party. If we had another wedding would definitely use again!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Sollie. Your celebration was a long time in the making and I'm glad everything turned out so well. You did a great job putting the whole thing together. Maybe executing fun weddings for others is in your future?!
    Caryn B. Married on 07/03/2021

Absolutely perfect!

We would recommend Chris to anyone having a wedding or event!!! He went above and beyond and was always reassuring. I had so many complements from our guests about our dj. Chris was like having a personal wedding coordinator on hand!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Caryn and Eddie. I was so glad the weather held out for us when it really mattered most. My very best to you both!
    Andrew A. Married on 06/26/2021

Berkshire’s Best for a reason!

MusiChris was an integral part of our of wedding. His capabilities and expertise allowed for a seamless night. Incredibly organized and helpful with wedding planning throughout the pandemic. Our guests are still talking about how great the DJ was. Would and have recommended to others, MusiChris is the real deal!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Andrew. Planning through the pandemic added an element of stress no one should ever endure, but you both held your heads high and were a joy to work with. I wish you and Katie both the very best!
  • Julia
    Julia A. Married on 06/19/2021

AMAZING! Flexible to what you need!

Chris was amazing!! We filled out a sheet with our song preferences / tastes and he killed it!! Our guests are still talking about it!! 10/10 recommend !!!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks Julia! We sure had fun didn't we?! I'm so glad your caterer put you in touch with me. Mezze always puts on a fine event and they are great at matching clients with vendors. You and your crowd ended up being a great fit for my DJ style!
  • Rachel
    Rachel G. Married on 06/12/2021

Chris is amazing!

We literally cannot say enough good things about Chris Plankey. I initially hired him because of the detailed set up description he had on his website for our specific venue. He knew already how many speakers, best set up, how to make sure it looked good in photos, etc. From the first call we had such a good feeling. Chris is so detailed oriented. He helps set the entire schedule to make sure the day runs smoothly and even contacts other vendors so that everyone is on the same page. He makes sure that he only plays music you want to hear and knows exactly how to keep the dance floor flowing all night. Many people told us the music was the best they ever heard at any wedding. We didn’t even want to leave the dance floor to cut the cake! You cannot go wrong hiring Chris, you can tell he is so passionate about his job and will do the absolute best for you.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Rachel for the detailed review. This information is especially important for couples using venues where we move guests from place to place to place like we did at your Bloom Meadows wedding. As you learned, I've graduated to just the right gear for places like that. I'm so happy to have "cut the cords" on all my outdoor set ups. No more wires on the ground, and no need for electricity makes a huge difference with being able to put speakers where they SHOULD be rather than where they CAN be.
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey M. Married on 06/05/2021

The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

Wow, what can we say that hasn’t been said before about Chris. With everything my wife and I had going on during all of the planning leading up to the wedding, Chris was a true leader among everyone. He was extremely professional, always organized and on top of every detail, and helped us with decisions that we both loved in the end. Chris went out of his way during our rehearsal, and graciously helped direct and make suggestions when needed…and it was needed! He was prompt, had amazing ideas that were used during the reception, answered all of our questions (which we had a ton of, lol) and played a great selection of music throughout the day and night. If you’re looking for a true professional, a great person, and someone who’s going to make the day/night go as smooth as possible, hire this man! You’re hiring more than just a great DJ!
    Jeff and Lauren.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

The man, the myth, the legend?! C'mon now, you're making me blush! I really appreciate this thoughtful review, Jeff. I know others will find it helpful. I was happy to be able to attend your rehearsal and I'm glad you found my presence there useful.
  • Kristen
    Kristen T. Married on 05/22/2021

DJ Chris Plankey goes above and beyond!!

When choosing a DJ we knew we wanted someone who would bring life to our wedding that was fun, professional, reliable, experienced and personable. We got all that and so much more with Chris. He is extremely organized and detail oriented making sure that everything on our big day ran smoothly start to finish. He had so many great ideas that made our wedding day different and unique and all of our guests loved him. Not only is he an exceptional DJ and Master of Ceremonies, but the lighting service he offers is incredible. The lighting really gave our wedding that wow factor! From the uplighting to the pin spot lighting and personalized animated monogram we couldn't of been happier with the way our venue was transformed. You will not regret hiring DJ Chris. He was such a key vendor on our wedding day, we're so happy we hired him and we absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for the best DJ!!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

This is so great of you both. Thank you so much for the time you took to leave this thoughtful review. I know it will help me and those who take the time to read these before deciding who they'd like to consider interviewing. As fellow wedding vendors, I'm especially honored you chose me!
    Sara B. Married on 04/09/2021

Dj chris was amazing!

We had the best experience working with DJ Chris! His response to detail, attention and flow was spot on. We had an extremely big wedding party and DJ Chris did awesome working with everyone to keep everyone moving from one thing to another. He had the entire crowd dancing all night and wishing they could have stayed for more! He made sure that everything we asked for was done and was so great at keeping us up to date with everything throughout the night. We would highly recommend DJ Chris to everyone and anyone looking for a event DJ

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Sara! The size of your massive wedding party (13+13) is among the largest I've worked with and is one of the things I'll remember most about your wedding day. But surprisingly, they required no "wrangling." I'm grateful they took their parts seriously when it mattered the most. Not a single person was MIA when we lined up for the ceremony then again for grand introductions (counting you and your parents, that's over 30 of you, and with a group that large I expect someone to be missing)! Add to that a different song for all 13 of your couples--and it was a line up for no faint-of-heart MC. It was awesome!
  • Brian
    Brian S. Married on 02/10/2021

Wedding MC

Chris was professional and extremely detailed in helping us plan our wedding reception. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and did an excellent job at MC-ing our reception. He helped us with the timeline of the entire wedding. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a MC for a wedding or any other event.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Brian, your wedding was a blast, and your brother is a complete riot! Thanks for him or you two would've never met. Unbelievable!
    Sarah E. Married on 06/27/2020

Incredible DJ and Master of Ceremonies

We had an incredible experience working with Chris for our June 2021 wedding! We planned our wedding from out of state and had our meetings on zoom. From our first introductions through the big day, Chris was always professional, knowledgable, and flexible. He always had the answers and made sure we were pleased throughout the planning process. In addition to Chris's incredible DJ skill (the dance floor was never empty,) he helped us organize and plan the entire wedding day, making it run as smoothly as possible. Chris communicated well with our other vendors and our guests raved about the music throughout the night. We highly recommend Chris - without a doubt he was a major factor in making our wedding the best day ever!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank goodness for Zoom meetings! Planning a wedding from out of state is certainly tough, but I'm grateful for the confidence you placed in me. I have a ton of experience at Bloom Meadows which is how I was always able to quickly, clearly, and confidently answer your questions.
  • Lauren
    Lauren G. Married on 06/05/2020

Awesome DJ

We had a great experience with Chris as our DJ. His planning helped us throughout the day. It started with the ceremony music/vows mic, led to grand entrances, dancing, and even the cake cutting and bouquet toss. His questionnaire for planning let us customize so much about the wedding that I hadn't even thought about before, leading us to pick songs for the aforementioned events. Our guests were on the dance floor from the first song to the last and there was never a dull moment. He even played some of our guest song requests that we took note of from their RSVPs. I highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lauren. You brought me an awesome crowd who really kept the dance floor full and knew how to have a good time!
    Gabrielle O. Married on 04/01/2020

Worth every penny!

Chris was incredible! He went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. He helped us set up a day-of timeline, coordinated with our other vendors, made room dividers, strung lights, and walked us through our rehearsal. The music was great for guests of all ages and kept people dancing until the end of the night. If you are looking for a DJ, Chris will make your day truly special.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Gabrielle. Working for you was a joy. Our final plan for lighting and decor was one that grew over time (and kept growing right through the final week!). We ultimately transformed Wahconah Country Club in a big way! I am honored to have been a part of it all. My very best to you and Andrew.
  • Elmar
    Elmar Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing DJ!

DJ Chris was the most professional and amazing DJ. He was well organized, responsive and extremely detailed in making sure our day was perfect. He was better than we could have ever imagined and loved having him take part in our big day.

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Elmar! The elaborate room flip we executed for you at Wahconah Country Club is especially memorable for me.
    Michael D. Married on 01/25/2020

Music/Lighting

Chris made our wedding great! Best choice we made planning! Not only did he play the best music and provide amazing lighting but also coordinated our entire day! Cannot thank him enough, very highly recommend!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you, Michael. Your crowd was a ton of fun and I'm so happy to have been able to work for you on your wedding day. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.
    Ashleigh D. Married on 01/25/2020

Wedding DJ/coordinator/lighting

I cannot rave enough about Chris!! We hired him for our wedding and not only did he play spot on perfect music for our crowd but he coordinated our whole event!! We couldn’t have done it without him! He also did lightning for us that was beautiful! In addition he was the most professional person to work with and extremely accommodating! HIGHLY recommended!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Ashleigh! Your wedding was a blast and I am so grateful you selected me out of all the DJs out there!
    Kyla D. Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We planned our wedding based on Chris Plankeys lighting services and then when I found out Chris was booked on the day of my wedding I was devastated. Chris was very accommodating and assured me he would do whatever he had to do to make sure lighting and drapery was done for my wedding. Chris was able to provide his services on the Thursday before the wedding which I cannot thank Chris enough for going out of his way to make sure my vision was complete and not only did he accommodate us....his work was absolutely stunning and perfect and he worked so well with our venue vendor! Thank you for being awesome Chris!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Kyla! Fortunately for us, your venue is always very accommodating. I'm so glad you are happy with how everything turned out. I can't wait to see pictures!
    Marisa C. Married on 09/03/2019

Amazing!

Chris was amazing! He was so helpful with the planning of our wedding day and always available to talk. Our wedding day was so great, the music and lighting were on point. We had such a blast with Chris doing our music. We highly recommend him and wish we could do it all again!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Marisa for this review. I really enjoyed working for you and Nick. My "wedding on a Tuesday couple." Your playlist was so much fun, I spent a lot of time enjoying it at home on my own time! First time ever having "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" appear on a must-play list. You spotted me belting it out with the rest of 'em and confessed it was one of your favorite memories of me--hilarious!
    Tonya Married on 08/16/2019

Miracle Worker!

Chris Plankey did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding. His superseded our expectations!! He helped me so much to coordinate between the JOP and the caterer. He was there for our rehearsal and put so much effort into making sure that everyone fully understood what their job was the next day. He took a lot of stress away from me! On the wedding day, the music made it seem like it was all a fairy tale. Walking down the aisle and hearing the music play softly in the back ground made me feel like I was floating on a cloud. Walking into our reception and hearing the songs that we picked out for our entrance play exactly how we asked was beyond perfect! The cocktail music was so great that our guests were even up dancing during this time as well. As soon as all of our traditional wedding events took place, my shoes came off and we all started to dance the night away. I would recommend Chris for every single wedding near and far. You will not be disappointed by anything and he will make all of your visions become a reality. P.S. The compatibility quiz game show that he does at the wedding was so much fun and brought both sides of the family together with laughter and broke the ice. Chris is a miracle worker!!!

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Tonya! And we did all that in less than 2 months! I'm so glad you found me in time to make it all happen. A month and a half worth of preparation for a lifetime of memories--it hardly seems possible--but we did it! And it was spectacular!!!
  • John
    John L. Married on 08/03/2019

DJ MusiChris- The Best There Is

I don't write reviews; it's just not something I typically do. However, I would be remiss if I didn't recognize Chris as what I can only describe as the finest DJ in Western Mass, (and beyond), bar none. My wife and I had been to weddings before ours and knew the things that we had wanted out of a DJ. We came to Chris with high expectations, and Chris blew them away. Not only did we get an immensely talented DJ, but we also got a true Master of Ceremonies- one who drove the reception and earned rave reviews from our guests. Chris is a true professional in every sense of the word, and in hindsight was the most important component of a successful wedding. If you want the best, go with Chris. - John and Holly

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

John, thank you for this most-flattering review. You two were open-minded to incorporating some of the unique, fun things I offer and I'm glad you found them worthwhile additions. I love my work, and couples like you and the experience we shared together are the number one reason why.