MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service Reviews

121 | Pittsfield, MA

121 Reviews for MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service

Christine Meiklejohn · Getting married on 08/28/2021

Great experience as a DJ and lighting service

My fiancée and I worked with Chris for a short time to plan our wedding for 8/2021. Chris was detail oriented, friendly and very responsive. We signed a contract and planned to use him for both DJ and lighting services. Unfortunately, the pandemic caused us to look at our future plans, and we ultimately decided to cancel the type of wedding we planned and go with a “just immediate family” event. When I emailed Chris I knew he would understand, and he absolutely did. He also offered a partial refund from our “non-refundable” deposit, something he did not have to do and was completely unexpected. If you’re looking for an honest, detail oriented person who is caring only for what you’re looking for, look no further, because Chris is your guy.

Sent on 10/17/2020

Sara Bresett · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Dj chris was amazing!

We had the best experience working with DJ Chris! His response to detail, attention and flow was spot on. We had an extremely big wedding party and DJ Chris did awesome working with everyone to keep everyone moving from one thing to another. He had the entire crowd dancing all night and wishing they could have stayed for more! He made sure that everything we asked for was done and was so great at keeping us up to date with everything throughout the night. We would highly recommend DJ Chris to everyone and anyone looking for a event DJ

Sent on 10/02/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Sara! The size of your massive wedding party (13+13) is among the largest I've worked with and is one of the things I'll remember most about your wedding day. But surprisingly, they required no "wrangling." I'm grateful they took their parts seriously when it mattered the most. Not a single person was MIA when we lined up for the ceremony then again for grand introductions (counting you and your parents, that's over 30 of you, and with a group that large I expect someone to be missing)! Add to that a different song for all 13 of your couples--and it was a line up for no faint-of-heart MC. It was awesome!
  • Brian

Brian Shepard · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Wedding MC

Chris was professional and extremely detailed in helping us plan our wedding reception. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and did an excellent job at MC-ing our reception. He helped us with the timeline of the entire wedding. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a MC for a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 11/01/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Brian, your wedding was a blast, and your brother is a complete riot! Thanks for him or you two would've never met. Unbelievable!
  • Lauren

Lauren Galipeau · Married on 06/05/2020

Awesome DJ

We had a great experience with Chris as our DJ. His planning helped us throughout the day. It started with the ceremony music/vows mic, led to grand entrances, dancing, and even the cake cutting and bouquet toss. His questionnaire for planning let us customize so much about the wedding that I hadn't even thought about before, leading us to pick songs for the aforementioned events. Our guests were on the dance floor from the first song to the last and there was never a dull moment. He even played some of our guest song requests that we took note of from their RSVPs. I highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ.

Sent on 05/24/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lauren. You brought me an awesome crowd who really kept the dance floor full and knew how to have a good time!

Gabrielle O'dell · Married on 04/01/2020

Worth every penny!

Chris was incredible! He went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. He helped us set up a day-of timeline, coordinated with our other vendors, made room dividers, strung lights, and walked us through our rehearsal. The music was great for guests of all ages and kept people dancing until the end of the night. If you are looking for a DJ, Chris will make your day truly special.

Sent on 02/01/2020

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Gabrielle. Working for you was a joy. Our final plan for lighting and decor was one that grew over time (and kept growing right through the final week!). We ultimately transformed Wahconah Country Club in a big way! I am honored to have been a part of it all. My very best to you and Andrew.
  • Elmar

Elmar Uy · Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing DJ!

DJ Chris was the most professional and amazing DJ. He was well organized, responsive and extremely detailed in making sure our day was perfect. He was better than we could have ever imagined and loved having him take part in our big day.

Sent on 10/16/2020

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Elmar! The elaborate room flip we executed for you at Wahconah Country Club is especially memorable for me.

Ashleigh Doyle · Married on 01/25/2020

Wedding DJ/coordinator/lighting

I cannot rave enough about Chris!! We hired him for our wedding and not only did he play spot on perfect music for our crowd but he coordinated our whole event!! We couldn’t have done it without him! He also did lightning for us that was beautiful! In addition he was the most professional person to work with and extremely accommodating! HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Michael Doyle · Married on 01/25/2020

Music/Lighting

Chris made our wedding great! Best choice we made planning! Not only did he play the best music and provide amazing lighting but also coordinated our entire day! Cannot thank him enough, very highly recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Kyla Davis · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We planned our wedding based on Chris Plankeys lighting services and then when I found out Chris was booked on the day of my wedding I was devastated. Chris was very accommodating and assured me he would do whatever he had to do to make sure lighting and drapery was done for my wedding. Chris was able to provide his services on the Thursday before the wedding which I cannot thank Chris enough for going out of his way to make sure my vision was complete and not only did he accommodate us....his work was absolutely stunning and perfect and he worked so well with our venue vendor! Thank you for being awesome Chris!

Sent on 09/24/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Hey Kyla! Fortunately for us, your venue is always very accommodating. I'm so glad you are happy with how everything turned out. I can't wait to see pictures!

Marisa Curelop · Married on 09/03/2019

Amazing!

Chris was amazing! He was so helpful with the planning of our wedding day and always available to talk. Our wedding day was so great, the music and lighting were on point. We had such a blast with Chris doing our music. We highly recommend him and wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 09/28/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Marisa for this review. I really enjoyed working for you and Nick. My "wedding on a Tuesday couple." Your playlist was so much fun, I spent a lot of time enjoying it at home on my own time! First time ever having "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" appear on a must-play list. You spotted me belting it out with the rest of 'em and confessed it was one of your favorite memories of me--hilarious!

Tonya · Married on 08/16/2019

Miracle Worker!

Chris Plankey did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding. His superseded our expectations!! He helped me so much to coordinate between the JOP and the caterer. He was there for our rehearsal and put so much effort into making sure that everyone fully understood what their job was the next day. He took a lot of stress away from me! On the wedding day, the music made it seem like it was all a fairy tale. Walking down the aisle and hearing the music play softly in the back ground made me feel like I was floating on a cloud. Walking into our reception and hearing the songs that we picked out for our entrance play exactly how we asked was beyond perfect! The cocktail music was so great that our guests were even up dancing during this time as well. As soon as all of our traditional wedding events took place, my shoes came off and we all started to dance the night away. I would recommend Chris for every single wedding near and far. You will not be disappointed by anything and he will make all of your visions become a reality. P.S. The compatibility quiz game show that he does at the wedding was so much fun and brought both sides of the family together with laughter and broke the ice. Chris is a miracle worker!!!

Sent on 09/12/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Tonya! And we did all that in less than 2 months! I'm so glad you found me in time to make it all happen. A month and a half worth of preparation for a lifetime of memories--it hardly seems possible--but we did it! And it was spectacular!!!
  • John

John Locke · Married on 08/03/2019

DJ MusiChris- The Best There Is

I don't write reviews; it's just not something I typically do. However, I would be remiss if I didn't recognize Chris as what I can only describe as the finest DJ in Western Mass, (and beyond), bar none. My wife and I had been to weddings before ours and knew the things that we had wanted out of a DJ. We came to Chris with high expectations, and Chris blew them away. Not only did we get an immensely talented DJ, but we also got a true Master of Ceremonies- one who drove the reception and earned rave reviews from our guests. Chris is a true professional in every sense of the word, and in hindsight was the most important component of a successful wedding. If you want the best, go with Chris. - John and Holly

Sent on 08/21/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

John, thank you for this most-flattering review. You two were open-minded to incorporating some of the unique, fun things I offer and I'm glad you found them worthwhile additions. I love my work, and couples like you and the experience we shared together are the number one reason why.

Angie · Married on 07/27/2019

Highly reommended

If you want someone who will make it stress free - DJ Chris is without a doubt the man for the job!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Vendor!

Hiring Chris as our wedding DJ was one of the best decisions we made! From the initial meeting with him, we could tell he was amazing at what he does...and he does so much! We were very impressed with his ability to not only DJ our wedding, but to also plan the timeline and organize the rehearsal and our wedding day. With his help, our entire wedding day went perfectly! There were so many compliments on the music choices and the dance party continued until midnight! We highly recommend Chris' services to anyone planning a wedding, or any event!

Sent on 08/23/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Lizzy! Yours was a beautiful wedding in every way, and I'm so honored to have been a part of it. Cool pictures--thanks for those!

Nathan P · Married on 07/09/2019

Very well organized and very friendly

Chris was not only very organized through the entire process, but extremely professional and great to work with.

Sent on 10/14/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Nathan! It was a real pleasure! You guys were great to work for and I was recently able to relive the whole thing courtesy of the vendor gallery your photographer shared. Love that!!

Haley Haddad · Married on 06/22/2019

HIGHLY Recommend! DJ Chris is the BEST!

DJ Chris was wonderful to work with and made sure our wedding ran perfectly. Chris is kind, talented, knowledgeable and a true professional. Our wedding day required movement of 250 guests from location to location on the property of the venue for the ceremony, cocktails, dinner and then dancing. Chris coordinated and executed this movement flawlessly. Chris made sure that our day ran as smoothly as it possibly could have and kept our guests dancing and enjoying until the very end! We can't thank Chris enough for making our wedding day so perfect.

Sent on 07/10/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Haley, yours was a fun one for sure, with a big 'ole crowd--the best kind! It was a really beautiful experience for me from start to finish.

Michele Burmer · Married on 06/16/2019

Dont use any other DJ/MC.

Chris is TOP NOTCH!!! His professionalism is second to NONE. The constant contact with us leading up to the wedding day was superb. As the mother of the bride I was panicking on many levels about many different things and he put my mind at ease relating to what I was uneasy about!! Everyone there raved about his services. If you hire Chris, you will NOT be sorry !!! Your guests will book him right then and there for their DJ needs in the future. I've seen it happen. Don't miss out! He is the BOMB!

Sent on 06/20/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Michele! The pleasure was all mine. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
  • Jodi

Jodi Groper · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible!

I never would have imagined that a DJ/MC would have gone above and beyond in his services to the extent that Chris did for our wedding. Not only was he an amazing DJ and made it incredibly fun, exciting and entertaining to be there, but one of the most significant things he did was help facilitate the entire wedding. Making sure the flow of it was correct, ensuring people were where they needed to be, organizing the ceremony rehearsal (for which he didn't HAVE to do since we had live musicians, but did anyway since he provided the mics for it). He was extremely accommodating in meeting with us several times to go over questions, give us ideas, help us with music choices and go over other important details for our wedding. There are countless details that Chris brought to our attention that we would have likely never thought of had it not been for his expertise. His knowledge and skill in making sure the music was exactly what we wanted and ability to carry out all of the reception details was phenomenal. Chris created the entire schedule from start to finish of the whole wedding which was essential in understanding how things would go ahead of time. Oh!!! And our lighting!!! Chris provided bistro string lighting in the ballroom and on the outside deck and did a fabulous job!!! He was able to pick up on exactly the look I was going for and executed it perfectly. He kept everyone dancing, and even made it a point to include our different cultural traditions of the Hora and Dabke dances which everyone loved! To top it off, he facilitated our sparkler exit at the end of the night by organizing everyone and having it go smoothly. We loved having Chris be a part of our wedding and would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thank you Chris!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/01/2019

The best DJ we could've chosen!

We can’t say enough good words about Chris. Since the time we met with him, we told him our vision for our wedding day and he completely delivered. He set up for a beautiful outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour without any technical difficulties. The extra uplighting he provided completely upgraded the look of our room where we had dinner. He ran us through a “photo dash” from table to table which my guests loved and had a lot of fun with. He held a constant presence where he could hold attention and control the crowd without being overbearing. And most importantly, we had the best dance party! He stuck to our must play and do not play list to a tee, threw in some fun Latin music for my husband’s family and stayed for an additional hour to keep the party going. Thank you Chris for helping to make our day so perfect!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Shannon. You guys had great taste in music, a beautifully renovated venue, and brought me a great, fun crowd to work with. I couldn't be more pleased with how it all turned out!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Blown away by quality service

Chris is truly the best in the area. I knew from our first meeting that he was going to be professional, organized, and friendly to work with. Not only did he meet my expectations, but he blew them out of the water. I don't understand how he can be so attentive, timely, and devoted to each event he works when he is clearly a busy man, but he does it somehow. He produced our ceremony & reception timeline and I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I received it. You're probably planning a wedding if you're reading this, so you know how stressful those details can be. He will take your stress away. He even attended our rehearsal to make sure it ran smoothly. Not only this, but the lighting he provided for us was amazing and he kept the dancefloor packed until the last song. A master of his craft and the best in the Berkshires, hands down.

Sent on 06/05/2019

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Wow Nicole, thanks for this awesome review. A master of my craft... I like that. I was really blown away reading this review!

Ali W · Married on 03/01/2019

Highly recommend!

We loved working with Chris to bring our wedding weekend to life. We are especially appreciative of his thoroughness, attention to detail, flexibility, AND, despite doing many many weddings, his enthusiasm for helping us build exactly the weekend WE had in mind -- guiding us on what we could learn from the best of conventional wedding traditions, and allowing us full creative license to shape the rest. We'd highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jillian · Married on 10/20/2018

Music and lighting

We worked with Chris for our October 2018 wedding. He was professional and organized from our first meeting. We later filled out a survey about our wedding details and music preferences. He helped us personalized our song choices and even made song edits for our first dances, as well as our monogram spotlight and uplighting to transform our event space. What was very apparent was how much Chris CARED about out wedding, he was quick to respond to emails, and helped us develop a detailed order of events for the actual event to keep everything running smoothly. We are so happy with our choice to work with Chris. Thank you!

Sent on 12/23/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Jillian. It was an honor to be such a central part of your wedding day. I enjoyed getting to know you and Roderick better and the time I shared with your families and closest friends. Have a happy New Year and enjoy your first of a lifetime of NYE kisses with your husband!

Melissa O’Neil · Married on 10/06/2018

Cheshire Rod and Gun Club

Absolutely beautiful work! So professional and easy to work with. Made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks for the review Melissa! I'm glad you found me and I was able to provide this service for you.

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is an amazing DJ! His lighting and decor also transformed my venue! From the beginning to end he was responsive, professional, and very organized. I will recommend him for any event !

Sent on 10/08/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thanks Andrea! I'm glad you're happy with the job I did and you couldn't be more right about the transformation your venue underwent. You made really great decisions about who and what to spend your money on and it made all the difference at your wedding! Brides with weddings booked at the Cheshire Rod and Gun Club are going gaga over the pictures appearing online from your wedding day!!!

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2018

Professional, efficient, quality job

We used Chris for the lighting for our wedding and could not have been happier. From the moment we contracted him, he was professional, helpful and efficient. He handled setting up a time to meet or coordinator at our venue to get an accurate quote for us all on his own, got us a quote right away, and set up the lights perfectly and better than I even envisioned. He followed through with everything we discussed and both us and the venue had no problems at all throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using him for your wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2018

MusiChris D.J. & Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you Tracy! I'm not only glad you're happy with the lighting design and installation, but with the overall process. Your review is much appreciated.