Mirelle Carmichael Photography

California, Hawaii & Destination Weddings, San Diego, CA 92199 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Mirelle Carmichael Photography

Mirelle is a fine art, destination wedding photographer based in San Diego and Santa Barbara county. With photography as her full time job, Mirelle frequently travels and provides Hawaii wedding photography, Mexico wedding photography, San Diego wedding photography, Orange County wedding photography, Santa Barbara wedding photography and beyond. Using both film and digital formats, the images she captures for her clients tell a story of time, place and joy.

Follow Mirelle Carmichael Photography on

• Real Weddings 14

47 Reviews for Mirelle Carmichael Photography

• Serena

Serena · Married on 05/16/2015

Mirelle was wonderful from start to finish. Choosing her as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made. She was professional, flexible, very friendly, and her photos were breathtaking! Photography was the largest part of our wedding budget, and we absolutely made the right choice.

Right from the beginning, we were totally enamored with her photojournalistic style and the beautiful way she works with light and color. We contacted her and hit it off immediately. Over the months, we got to know Mirelle better, from her great sense of humor and love of dinosaurs, to her delightful and talented family. (Including her sister, Cheryl, who is her second shooter and a fantastic photographer.) On the day of our wedding, it felt like we had two extra friends there with us who just happened to be incredible photographers.

We got married on the beach, so our first look photos had a rush of wind and the ceremony itself was set against a backdrop of crashing waves. Mirelle captured the warm glow of our evening reception perfectly, the scrumptious food, and--most importantly--the sense of celebration and love surrounding our party. We could not have imagined a more perfect day, or more perfect photographers to share it with.

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2014

What is there to say about Mirelle that hasn't already been said? She is incredibly talented, organized, down to earth, patient, and makes being photographed feel really natural, comfortable and fun.

Mirelle and her husband flew out to Maui last November to shoot our wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House. She had shot there before so I felt confident that she knew the venue and was comfortable shooting there.

On the day of the wedding, Mirelle and her husband Patrick (second shooter) came and set up without anyone noticing. She impressed me with how organized and thoughtful she was. She remembered the bridal party by name and spent time before the wedding collecting souvenirs from the beach for us. I felt confident that she would get all the shots that I wasn't able to see because I was getting ready for the ceremony. We are excited to see the final photos! We've gotten great feedback on our engagement photos - I loved the soft natural lighting of the photos.

Mirelle is also so sweet! She offered to pick up lunch for me and the bridal party and also stayed a little longer than the time we had talked about because we ran a bit behind schedule.

From the first email and phone call to follow ups after the wedding, I couldn't be more happy that we chose Mirelle to capture our special day. Thank you so much Mirelle!

Andrea · Married on 05/17/2014

I have been impressed by Mirelle since the very first time we met her. We were looking for photographers and met her for coffee in Pismo. She was just the sweetest thing and really impressed us with her work and her presentation. From there, it only got better. We had engagement photos done with Mirelle as well as our wedding and every second of working with her was amazing! Her photos are absolutely beautiful!! She really knows what she's doing. She was the perfect balance between helping us to stay organized, but in no way being bossy or taking over. She really made me feel comfortable all the way through. .... and then we got our photos ... WOW!! I mean, we were married at a very pretty venue, but she was able to capture beauty that was so beyond what I could see! Her knowledge of lighting and angles and everything was incredible. And she took some absolutely amazing shots of just the landscape, with no people, that are truly frame-worthy. And then after it all she sent us the most adorable little package, with some prints of our photos, a thumb drive with them all, along with decorative soap, a newlywed kitchen towel and a beautiful watercolor of some lyrics from our first dance song. It was just so special! I would recommend Mirelle 100 times over, she is amazing!

Mirelle Carmichael Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Film, Natural, Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

• Captivating Events
    Captivating Events Wedding Planners

What can I say!?! I love Mirelle more than I could ever write on a review! She is simply amazing and if there's anyone that you're considering hiring for your photographer I will tell you right now there isn't any better! Her style is incredible, her personality is just as gorgeous as she is and she will keep you smiling and so comfortable throughout the whole process! She is truly a gem to this industry and I would be devastated if she ever moved away! Check out the styled shoots we have done together and give her a call right now! http://www.stylemepretty.com/2012/12/03/california-winter-glitter-photo-shoot-from-mirelle-carmichael/ http://www.stylemepretty.com/2012/05/29/vintage-wedding-photo-shoot-by-mirelle-carmichael-photography/

• DJ David Cutler
    DJ David Cutler Wedding DJs

It is always an absolute pleasure when I work with Mirelle! She is very easy to work with on the day of, and takes beautiful pictures. I would highly recommend Mirelle Carmichael Photography to anyone that is looking for a great photographer.

• Flawless Functions
    Flawless Functions Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner, one of my biggest concerns, leading up to a wedding day, is communication, and Mirelle was awesome! She answered all my emails, and phone calls in a very prompt manner. The wedding we worked together was such an amazingly beautiful affair, and Mirelle captured every second of it! I would/will recommend her in a second! Thanks, Mirelle, for providing me with such beautiful images! Jennifer Norton Flawless Functions

• California, Hawaii & Destination Weddings San Diego See on map