Mirelle Carmichael Photography Reviews

48 Reviews for Mirelle Carmichael Photography

• Nellie

Nellie · Married on 03/02/2019

Love love love mirelle

I cannot express how incredible Mirelle was for us! Her photographs--both of our engagement and wedding--were OUT OF THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL. I can't even comprehend how amazing her photography is. Every image is honestly a stand-alone art piece. I can’t tell you how many compliments we’ve received on the engagement and wedding photos we have shared.

Not only will you absolutely, positively get the most beautiful photographs with Mirelle, you also get an amazing person! Mirelle was so helpful, fun, responsive throughout both our engagement photo shoot and wedding photo shoot. Mirelle has such a warm, amazing personality that my husband and I (who are extremely shy about taking photos) felt soooo at ease and comfortable.

Mirelle also went above and beyond to make sure all of our photos were perfect--from scouting out locations ahead of time, to coming up with an amazing back-up plan when it was pouring rain on our wedding day. Mirelle is a dream to work with given how detail-oriented she is--she created a perfect wedding timeline that lent to a stress-free and amazing day! Oh and icing on the cake--we received all of our beautiful wedding photos exactly 1 month after our wedding. She kept the magic alive for us!

We can't thank Mirelle enough for her amazing work and giving us the perfect pictures to help us relive the best day of our lives. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 05/16/2015

Mirelle was wonderful from start to finish. Choosing her as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made. She was professional, flexible, very friendly, and her photos were breathtaking! Photography was the largest part of our wedding budget, and we absolutely made the right choice.

Right from the beginning, we were totally enamored with her photojournalistic style and the beautiful way she works with light and color. We contacted her and hit it off immediately. Over the months, we got to know Mirelle better, from her great sense of humor and love of dinosaurs, to her delightful and talented family. (Including her sister, Cheryl, who is her second shooter and a fantastic photographer.) On the day of our wedding, it felt like we had two extra friends there with us who just happened to be incredible photographers.

We got married on the beach, so our first look photos had a rush of wind and the ceremony itself was set against a backdrop of crashing waves. Mirelle captured the warm glow of our evening reception perfectly, the scrumptious food, and--most importantly--the sense of celebration and love surrounding our party. We could not have imagined a more perfect day, or more perfect photographers to share it with.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2014

What is there to say about Mirelle that hasn't already been said? She is incredibly talented, organized, down to earth, patient, and makes being photographed feel really natural, comfortable and fun.

Mirelle and her husband flew out to Maui last November to shoot our wedding at the Olowalu Plantation House. She had shot there before so I felt confident that she knew the venue and was comfortable shooting there.

On the day of the wedding, Mirelle and her husband Patrick (second shooter) came and set up without anyone noticing. She impressed me with how organized and thoughtful she was. She remembered the bridal party by name and spent time before the wedding collecting souvenirs from the beach for us. I felt confident that she would get all the shots that I wasn't able to see because I was getting ready for the ceremony. We are excited to see the final photos! We've gotten great feedback on our engagement photos - I loved the soft natural lighting of the photos.

Mirelle is also so sweet! She offered to pick up lunch for me and the bridal party and also stayed a little longer than the time we had talked about because we ran a bit behind schedule.

From the first email and phone call to follow ups after the wedding, I couldn't be more happy that we chose Mirelle to capture our special day. Thank you so much Mirelle!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Andrea · Married on 05/17/2014

I have been impressed by Mirelle since the very first time we met her. We were looking for photographers and met her for coffee in Pismo. She was just the sweetest thing and really impressed us with her work and her presentation. From there, it only got better. We had engagement photos done with Mirelle as well as our wedding and every second of working with her was amazing! Her photos are absolutely beautiful!! She really knows what she's doing. She was the perfect balance between helping us to stay organized, but in no way being bossy or taking over. She really made me feel comfortable all the way through. .... and then we got our photos ... WOW!! I mean, we were married at a very pretty venue, but she was able to capture beauty that was so beyond what I could see! Her knowledge of lighting and angles and everything was incredible. And she took some absolutely amazing shots of just the landscape, with no people, that are truly frame-worthy. And then after it all she sent us the most adorable little package, with some prints of our photos, a thumb drive with them all, along with decorative soap, a newlywed kitchen towel and a beautiful watercolor of some lyrics from our first dance song. It was just so special! I would recommend Mirelle 100 times over, she is amazing!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Mirelle is amazing...truly amazing! I won't even call it "working" with her because it was such a pleasure. Originally I found her when looking for wedding photographers in Carmel when my location changed to Santa Barbara she was more than happy to travel there as well. On my wedding day she was all smiles and laughs and captured every detail, feeling, laugh and smile of my event. She is punctual with all emails, communication and photo proof delivery. She is a perfect wedding photographer in every way and I would recommend her talent to anyone getting married...in California or anywhere.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Brandi · Married on 08/17/2013

Mirelle and Cheryl are amazing!! They did such a fantastic job capturing every little detail and happy moment of our big day. Gorgeous use of light, extremely professional and responsive and so much fun to work with. If you're looking for a photographer with amazing talent and a super fun personality, look no further!

When our first two attempts at an outdoor engagement shoot were rained out, Mirelle was extremely flexible -- the third time was a charm, and we ended up we an amazing engagement album that everyone loved.

I'd give a million stars if I could!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Susan · Married on 07/27/2013

Mirelle photographed our wedding on July 27, 2013 in Half Moon Bay. She was prompt in all of our communication before the wedding, and she was quick in delivery of the final photos after the wedding. During the wedding, she was good at keeping us on schedule without being aggressive. Most importantly, I had a drama/freakout moment during the wedding, and Mirelle kept a calm composure and checked in with me to make sure I was doing okay.

I was happy with the final results and I would recommend her to anyone! Plus, I just like her as a person. If she lived in San Francisco, I would totally make her be my friend.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2013

What can I say about Mirelle? She is professional, bubbly, talented, fun, meticulous (in a good way!), and works her butt off! We had the pleasure of having her shoot our wedding in Maui and our engagement session in Capitola. Her and her husband (who was assisting) were on time, so kind to our guests, sweet, and full of wonderful ideas. Mirelle will do what she needs to do in order to get those perfect shots. She is utterly passionate about photography, and it shows.

She was quick to get our engagement pictures back, and she completely captured the essence of who my husband and I are.

When we get our wedding pictures back, I am positive my husband and I will be able to relive our dream wedding. I know Mirelle will provide us with amazing photographs to accompany those special memories. I would recommend her services to ANYBODY!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Cayse · Married on 05/18/2013

Mirelle photographed my sister's wedding in 2011 and did a fabulous job! When I got engaged I knew I wanted to use Mirelle too!

Mirelle is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She is super sweet, fun and caring. She is super easy to work with and makes you feel super comfortable when she is shooting. On our wedding day, I barely knew she was there (which was great)!

Mirelle is a true artist and has a great creative eye. She has wonderful attention to details which is great for getting all the small and big details of the day. After getting my pictures I was able to totally relive my wedding day! She didn't miss a thing.

I would definitely recommend Mirelle for anyone's wedding day!

Nazak · Married on 03/30/2013

Mirelle was the photographer for our engagement session and wedding in March and she was fantastic! Her bubbly and outgoing personality, on top of her talent, made her great to work with. Her work speaks for itself, but she definitely went out of the way to make sure we got all the shots we wanted and things looked great!

Throughout the entire process it was always easy to contact her and we always got a response in a very timely manner. On the day of the wedding, as we were getting prepared for the ceremony she was ready and available to help and offer any emergency items we needed like lip gloss or hair pins. She was willing to share and help with anything she could to help make the day perfect!

Mirelle also was extremely fast when it came to getting us the digital prints (2 weeks for the engagement and about a month for the wedding pics) as well as having them easily downloadable in digital form.

We loved working with Mirelle and would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Cynthia · Married on 01/29/2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE Mirelle Carmichael Photography! I was the Maid of Honor at my best friends wedding in Hawaii. Mirelle traveled all the way to Hawaii with our wedding party from California and did an amazing job. She was early and even was helping to set things up like flowers and chairs. She made sure everything was perfect and suggested things to us to make the day even better. Her grace with the camera was so natural it did not even feel like we were being photographed. I remember her being "there" however i did not feel nervous about being photographed. All the shots she captured are very natural and beautiful. Nothing seems staged or pressured. I can honestly look back on the photos she took and literally relive that day over and over again like it was just yesterday. When I get to have my big day, she is the only photographer I will contact and that I will recommend to all my family and friends. Thanks again Mirelle for sharing your amazing tallets with us!

Jodi · Married on 11/11/2012

Mirelle did our November 2013 wedding in Riverside, California. She was AWESOME. I knew from the moment I saw her portfolio online that I wanted her to do our wedding photos. She is one of the sweetest (and stylish!) ladies you'll ever meet. She captured every single moment of our day and was so easy to work with. The photos turned out better than I'd even imagined. Not to mention, we had our proofs super fast. I highly recommend Mirelle for any of life's moments you'd like captured!

Sent on 06/12/2013

My husband and I are from Alaska and were married in San Luis Obispo, CA on September 22nd, 2012. We used Mirelle Carmichael as our wedding photographer. I found her online (her website/blog is amazing) and instantly fell in love with her style of photography and her ability to capture not only the main events, but the special touches and details often lost in the excitement of the day.

Hands down, Mirelle is the easiest person to work with! She instantly gets to work and has a way of making you feel relaxed and comfortable despite being stressed out of your mind : ) Throughout the entire planning process, she answered all of our questions promptly and provided professional advice when needed. Her prices are very reasonable and she offers an "a la carte" option in addition to packaged prices. We used the "a la carte" option and selected only what we really needed. In researching other photographers, I didn’t find anyone else who offered this option. We found it to be very beneficial.

All in all I would recommend Mirelle Carmichael Photography any day! We couldn’t be happier with her services and the finished product she delivered. If you’re looking for a photographer who has out of this world talent, then Mirelle Carmichael is the one you are looking for!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Brianne · Married on 09/15/2012

Mirelle is a true artist who truly exceeded our expectations for our wedding photography. Her style is spontaneous and clever. The way she works with natural lighting is so inspiring!

I am an artist, designer and a perfectionist at heart, and can be very picky when it comes to photos. Mirelle's work was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Every shot could be in a photography magazine. She truly captured the emotions of the day, the atmosphere and setting and the love that surrounded us.

Mirelle was a pleasure to work with! She is the perfect mix of a professional vendor and a friend you seem to have known since childhood. Mirelle is very courteous, accommodating and organized. We had a blast doing our engagement photos on the beach and in Disneyland with Mirelle! From hiking up cliffs to riding King Arthur's Carousel backwards, Mirelle went way out of her way to get gorgeous photos.

Even now, months later, I get completely lost in her photos and am brought right back to that day: the smell of the ocean, the feeling of floating on a cloud... I am so thankful to have had Mirelle capture the precious memories of our wedding.

Sent on 02/07/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I did a thorough job of researching photographers. We wanted to find someone who could capture the day's events and emotions without being obtrusive. Mirelle (and her second shooter Cheryl) were perfect! Mirelle is so easy to work with and her photos are beyond gorgeous....and she has won plenty of awards including Bride's Choice to prove it! She worked with my husband and I to fit our budget and even traveled from Santa Maria to Santa Barbara to shoot our engagement session at no extra charge. On top of that, she was very flexible with the wedding-day schedule and shot from 9am to 9:30pm with no complaints. Looking forward to seeing our wedding photos and wedding album - from the sneak peek photos we saw, we know they will turn out gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Liz · Married on 08/04/2012

Mirelle is an artist- plain and simple. She is wonderful at what she does and is good people---brides, you want her by your side on your big day! She will capture every moment to perfection and will make you and your loved ones will look FABULOUS. I highly recommend this talented photographer!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2012

All the glowing reviews of Mirelle are 100% true. She's by far the best out there. Hiring Mirelle was quite honestly the best decision I made during the entire wedding planning process. She's a true artist. But not only that, she's honestly beyond sweet, caring and generous. It was such a joy working with her and wouldn't hesitate to look to Mirelle for photographing future life events. <3

Sent on 11/07/2012

Holly · Married on 06/23/2012

Mirelle is an amazing photographer. We were very nervous about taking
    professional photos since we have never done this before but she made it so easy and we were very comfortable with her. I have recieved so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos and can't wait to see our wedding album she is making for us!! We did not have a single issue with Mirelle. She was prompt, professional, reliable, and most of all fun and creative!!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Robin · Married on 06/05/2012

Mirelle did a family portrait session for us and she was fantastic.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Mirelle has taken pictures of my son, my engagement pictures and now my wedding. She is lovely to work with and is willing to work with you with style and settings. She makes it fun and it is refreshing to have a photographer with such a creative eye.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Crystal · Married on 05/12/2012

You will not be disappointed with Mirelle Carmichael Photgraphy!! Her and her assistant Cheryl are crazy talented and so easy to work with. Mirelle responded to all my questions quickly and never once did I feel stressed about whether or not we were going to get certain group pictures or any other pictures we wanted. The wedding photos were beyond what we had expected. The wedding day goes by so fast and Mirelle and Cheryl were able to capture all the details!! We could not be any happier with hiring Mirelle Carmichael Photography!

Sent on 08/22/2012
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/07/2012

Mirelle and her assistant Cheryl photographed my wedding in April 2012.

Mirelle is an amazing photographer and lovely person. Throughout the planning of my wedding she was quick to respond to my emails and highly professional.

We had asked for mainly natural and quirky photos, which is what made me choose her in the first place, and Mirelle understood that we did not want to waste our day posing for photos. She made the posed sessions quick and easy. You didn't even know her and Cheryl were there the rest of the time, they floated around in the air!

I haven't actually received my final photos yet but Mirelle has blogged our wedding on her website and the photos on that are amazing so I am not worried about the final photos!

Thank you Mirelle and Cheryl for helping make our day special!

Sam and Gareth

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 04/01/2012

Mirelle is an amazing photographer with a great eye for detail, perfect at capturing light and making her subjects contrast beautifully. Whether the photo is of a person or object it has a sparkle to it that draws the eye and is simply breath taking. As a person she makes everyone around her at ease, directs poses for the shy subjects and keeps the mood joyful and relaxed. I appreciated most her attention to detail such as when hairs are out of place, clothing is disheveled, or a shot just isn't working as planned. She responded promptly to emails/phone calls, worked hard to get every shot we asked for, and suggested other shots as well. I would recommend her to any couple preparing to say I do. We had our engagement photos and wedding photos with Mirelle. Our wedding photos were the most important thing to me from that day and I am so pleased with the memories we will always have thanks to her!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Miri · Married on 03/03/2012

Mirelle was great!! Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect and she captured everything perfectly. We don't remember much of the day, it was all a blur so we keep going back to Mirelles photos to remind us of how perfect everything was. She worked really hard to make all of our families group picture demands happen, even though we had a lot of family! She also did an amazing job on our engagement session. Our schedules were really crazy and she totally worked around our schedules and did the shoot close to our home. Friends and family are still talking about how amazing the pictures look. I would recommend Mirelle to anyone who is looking for a photographer. She is a wonderful photographer and person!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Caroline · Married on 01/07/2012

I could not have dreamed of a better photographer than Mirelle! I didn't have an engagement session, but Mirelle's joy and grace put everyone instantly at ease on the big day. She is efficient yet relaxed and easy-going, and she captured the wonder of each moment and every detail. She (and Cheryl) indulged every request made and went above and beyond. I knew she was good but was still blown away by the results. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone - her pictures are magical!

Sent on 01/27/2012